awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
The Babysitters Club [mission w/ leo&vic]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 11:19:40 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
It was that time of year again. Waves of dry heat crashed down to Earth as the Sun scorched the grass with merciless rays of light. A group of Bulbasaur huddled up in the shade beneath a bright green sycamore tree, their only hope of release the gentle wind that had begun to stir from the East. Even the heat-adjusted Ponyta and Rapidash were soaking their hooves in the large lake that overtook a portion of their pasture, taking careful caution against soaking their flaming manes and tails. Only a small Fennekin seemed oblivious to the heat as it partook in an energetic game of Chase-The-Tail, bumping into it's mother Braizen who firmly scolded the smaller kin for its reckless behavior. The mother was sat lying against the thick bark of an oak tree and gnawing on the fresh end of a fallen stick. Her teeth hurt.

A large farm house rose up and covered a small meter of pasture in cool shadow. From within, the sound of a television could be heard notifying the viewers of cooler weather on the horizon. Quite literally, the meteorologist was stating, as the sun fell past its highest post. As it fell, so too would the weather in thanks to a cool wind from the East. A moment that Caroline Foster, daughter of the farm house's owner, could barely wait to experience for one moment longer. "I am going to melt" Caroline was groaning to her mother, her body sprawled across a fabric arm chair. Her brown hair fell down to the ground in a pony tail as she stared to her mother from upside down. "That family is supposed to be here any minute with those babies I gotta take care of, mom." Caroline was saying, "So, if I melt before then, could you kindly give them my regards? I will gladly reschedule for a time after my death." She rolled over onto her stomach and reached her arms down to the ground.

"Don't overreact so much, Caroline." Her mother laughed, hands busy as she prepared an afternoon snack. She paused, however, by a movement from outside the kitchen window. "Oh look, here they come. Are they going to stay in the Lilac Room?" The Lilac Room was a special building that housed the Foster's babies during their training period. It had air conditioning, private rooms, bedding, and everything a baby could dream of needing. Caroline rolled to the floor before she crawled up onto her knees and then to her feet. "Yeah, I got it. If Leo shows up, tell him I'm in the Lilac Building. He's bringing over a friend to help me out. I dunno how many babies this guy is bringing over. He was so sketchy about it like 'Oh, I dunno, just a few here and there or whatever. You guys are professionals, blah blah,' I'm going!"

Clad in a tank top, sleeveless button-up, and jean short, Caroline left the warm house to the hotter outdoors. The introductions quickly proceeded, the greetings passed, and within a half hour the man's expensive car had peeled out of the driveway and she was left staring at an abnormal collection of babies. With big beady eyes, two Skiddo stared up at her. Two Magby ran in circles shooting little spurts of flames at each other. A Azurill was bawling her outside out for reasons that could only attribute to her being an... Azurill. Lastly, a Teddiursa had designated Caroline's leg as a new climbing post and was trying to pull its way up her leg. The fleshy skin wasn't helping that, at all.

A moment of terror flashed before Caroline's eyes and she glanced back at Echo, her Lycanroc, who stared sympathetically from the room's main entrance. "I knew this guy was going to be a problem." She reached for the Teddiursa, pulling it under her arm like a football as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a cell phone. One moment later, it was ringing.

"Yo Leo? These babies are so cute, hurry on up and come check them out! I know you're gonna love them."

close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 13:15:27 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
You know how some people's mothers would say, "Oh, you must be special, he's never brought a friend home?" Well, Leo had never been one of those people. It was the fortunate - or perhaps unfortunate, depending how you looked at it - consequence of being an only child. He'd never had siblings, so he just happened to make them wherever he went.

[break][break] That being said, that didn't mean the friends he brought home were any less special. No, was a very extra special friend indeed!

[break][break] "You're gonna love 'em," Leo said, grinning, as he led the way down a long dirt road to the Foster's farm. He'd picked up his pink-haired friend on the way and the two of them were trotting down the road atop Leo's trusty Zebstrika. Peanut made sure not to go too fast, just in case Vic got motion-sick, or something. "Everyone on the farm is super nice and Care Bear's just the best!"

[break][break] was his longterm childhood friend. They'd grown up together since they were young, and Leo had spent many an afternoon at the ranch when his parents were pretending not to fight over something or the other. Not that Leo had ever noticed — you wouldn't either if you were surrounded by adorable baby Ponyta and Blitzle! Still, in his phone she was labeled "Care Bear" which might have been misleading to anyone who knew him. He'd been asked by more than one person if Caroline was his girlfriend, which was funny, because she wasn't. Then again, they'd always called each other things like care bear and sweetheart, so it was a very easy mistake to make.

[break][break] Speaking of, his phone lit up with the words 💖💞🧸 CARE BEAR 🧸 💞💖 as he received a phone call. Leo immediately put it to his ear, only to hear his very friend talking on the other line. "Oh my god, okay! Okay! We're coming! Vic, hold on tight!"

[break][break] With a grin he kicked Peanut's flank and off they were racing. They zoomed the rest of the way down the path and a matter of seconds were in front of the supposed Lilac Room. Wind-swept hair and all, Leo leaped off the Zebstrika and waited for Vic to dismount, barely able to hold his excitement. In fact, so unable to hold his excitement, that he grabbed Vic's hand and began to drag him into where he was supposed to meet Caroline.

[break][break] He pushed the door open, hollering, "We're here! We're here! Where are the babies?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49937;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:17:01 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

The farm life, as some people called it, was a mystery to someone like Vic. Sure, he may have spent a significant portion of his childhood helping take care of his mother’s dozens upon dozens of pokémon (Pokémon Breeder as she was), but he was sure there was a big difference between playing with and looking after cute little baby pokémon at a nursery and actually having herds of Ponyta, Wooloo, Mareep, and any other species of the sort. He was a city boy, through and through, no matter how small of a city Mistralton actually was.
[break][break]
As far as mysteries went though, it was one that had always sounded really fun to Vic! He couldn’t help but feel curious whenever Leo talked about his life in Oldale, and when his friend had suddenly invited him to visit home with him, of course he had said ’Hell yeah!’ without even giving a second to consider it. Long story short: that’s how Vic had ended up trotting down the road on the back of a Zebstrika, all while holding onto Leo.
[break][break]
”They all sound great, I can’t wait to meet them!”
[break][break]
Apparently, he wouldn’t have to wait at all.
[break][break]
One short phone call later, the Zebstrika was rushing down the road at top speed, and thank Arceus Vic had spent years of his life dealing with an Arcanine that was way too fond of Extreme Speed, or he would have probably gotten motion sick. He held on tight, trying to ignore the blur that was the scenery around them, and when they finally stopped upon reaching their destination, he took a deep breath as if in relief. Or, well, he tried to, since Leo grabbed his hand and began pulling him towards the building while halfway through this.
[break][break]
”Wai–Huh,” Vic stumbled, a chuckle leaving him, but he followed along nevertheless, his gaze fixing on all the little pokémon the moment they made it into the building. ”Oh! Now, that right there was as familiar of a sight as one could be. ”Look at you guys, you’re all so cute!” Obviously, he wanted to pet them, but he managed to resist the urge, his attention instead turning to the girl in the room.
[break][break]
”You must be Care Bear, huh? I’m Vic, it’s nice to meet you! Leo has told me a lot about you,” he grinned.

[break][break]

+ &
[break]Sorry this sucks D:

[newclass=.blboxb]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:07:14 GMT
caroline foster Avatar

Distracted by playtime, crying, tree-climbing practice, or trying to burn the noses off their friends, none of the baby Pokemon were aware of the incoming trainers until the door flew open. The two Skiddo nearly jumped out of their fur in surprise, Azurill had stopped crying (but would surely start again soon), Teddiursa flailed short limbs in a stubborn tantrum, and the Magby were...unphased. They were now wrestling on the ground with each other.

"My sweetheart!" Caroline enthusiasm at the sight of her friend chimed brightly in her voice. "A present for you!" She thrust the Teddiursa towards him. The baby bear paused for a moment, decided the other boy was cute, and reached for Leo with grabby paws. The two Skiddo, with those big, unresistable, beady eyes, had turned their attentions to unblinking stares at the two boys. They seemed to be communicating something to each other, but Arceus knew what that would be.

Caroline's attention turned to the other boy, ignoring the sniffles that had once ago begun from the ball-shaped water type. "Heyyy, Vee...Vic, right? It's so nice to finally meet another friend of this sweet pie." She threw out an enthusiastic hand and moved to grasp Vic's hand even before he could offer. "I hope you've only been hearing the good things. I hope you've only been sharing the good things," She redirected with a light-hearted glance to Leo.

No sooner had those words left her mouth, a wail sounded from behind her. "Oh!" Caroline seemed unphased by the commotion that caused both Magby to stop their rambunctious activities and cover their ears. "These are the wonderfully cute babies I was tellin' you about, Leo. As you can see, they are angels. And you have the most sought-after, coveted, luxurious, job of helping me care for them!" A massive grin spread across her face, lifting her cheeks, and brightening the glimmer in her eyes.

close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 22:38:44 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
My sweetheart.

[break][break] Normally, the endearment would cause a fierce blush to appear on anyone's face. Not Leo's though. It had been the same ever since they were kids — a running joke between their parents, but one that eventually caught on between the kids as well. Though the relationship between the two had always been painfully platonic, the contacts on their phones were dotted with a handful of colorful hearts, kissing emojis and hugs. Should anyone have ever looked at Leo's phone, they would've thought that his girlfriend had forced him into it — or worse, hacked him.

[break][break] "Oh!" Leo blinked with surprise as a bear was shoved at him — a cute little bear who's grubby paws immediately grabbed onto his shirt. Normally, the boy was a bit slow on the uptake... but with Caroline, things were always easy. He grinned immediately. "A honey bear from my care bear? How sweet." He lets out a laugh, turning to tug on 's arm. "Look! Isn't he cute?"

[break][break] As takes to speaking to his pink-haired friend, Leo suspiciously turns away and begins to interact with the cute baby pokemon. Latching the baby Teddiursa onto his hip, he leans down to coo at the two Skiddo. He's distracted - so much so that he nearly misses the jab from his childhood friend.

[break][break] Sharing bad stories? Him? Never!

[break][break] He whistles innocently, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with her comment.

[break][break] When the conversation turns to the baby Magby, Leo stands upright again and looks at the adorable angels that his angel speaks of. "Oh! They're so cute." He smiles wide. "What do you need us to do, ma'am?" He gives a proper salut - one that taught him once - at her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49937;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]