1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
hoenn horror story vol. 1 [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 15:14:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

A scream is what woke him.

When he woke, every sense felt off. He felt bare. His eyes tried to focus, vision blurry, mind groggy.

While he couldn't immediately recall what happened, another scream caused his survival instinct to overpower his curiosity. It sent his adrenaline into overdrive.

Rapidly his eyes blinked, trying to grasp reality. Memories came flooding in. He'd been helping somebody settle some funeral arrangements. He'd gotten into the elevator and felt something enter his nostrils, foreign, made him want to sneeze before he'd passed out.

The third scream cut off after half a second and caused Sam's panic to increase. He could hear his own heart pounding, his breathing quickened. Struggling he looked over himself only to see a pair of black boxer briefs. Now he knew why he felt so bare, he all but was.

Where were his pokémon, more importantly.

Taking in the room, he could barely see. But from what he could pick up, he saw a small container with his items in it, strung out, and odd containments on his pokéballs. They were likely something that could stop the pokéballs form being opened. He'd seen them used during the war.

The war... was he back there? Couldn't be. He was in Hoenn...or he had been.

He was tied to the ceiling, toes barely able to touch the floor. Wherever he was, he certainly wasn't safe.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 15:30:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
someone once told him to always trust his gut; it's never steered him wrong nor will it today.

rory taps a stolen keycard against a metal sensor, careful as he pushes the button to the basement that otherwise would not have worked. the elevator doors slide close, beginning its descent.

out of his element, he takes a moment to compose himself, calming right as the elevator slows to a halt. the doors slide open, revealing a dark hallway.

from there, it doesn't take him long to slip into the first room he finds, and it's there that his gut feeling comes to fruition.

"fuck — sam?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 15:43:30 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam's rustling came to a stop the moment he heard movement. Playing dead, he'd remained completely still. The light was bright, and he had to rely on the sound of a voice... saying his name?

"Dr. Mclain?"

Sam twisted his body enough to see the man, or try to. It took him a moment to get his eyes adjusted to the light coming in from the hallway. Though, there wasn't much of it.

"Do you happen to have a knife on you?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 16:07:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
a myriad of questions invade his headspace; he has the answers to none of them nor does he have the time to entertain them. pushing them aside, he chooses to focus on what's in front of him.

and it's cruel sight.

"i don't."

but after a quick glance around the room, one's definitely kept somewhere. he leaves the door cracked open, allowing a small amount of light to creep through to help him in his search.

"what do you remember, sam?"

his voice is low as another scream cries out from down the hallway.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 16:22:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Instead of focusing on the scream, he focuses on the man and his question. Though he did have to wait for the scream to die down into cruel crying in order to get his question out.

"I was helping a couple with funeral arrangements. I got in the elevator to head down and absorbed what I believe was sleep powder. I don't... I can't recall anything after that."

And his memory was impeccable.

"Check me for injection sights. I have an eidetic memory, and I should remember at least what the Pokémon looked like via the reflection of the memory."

What a perk.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 19:30:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
it doesn't take him long to come across a drawer with various scalpels laying inside. the irony is not lost on him as he picks one up before turning back to approach sam.

"that's fine, sam. that's more than enough."

rory's already assessing before the instruction is even aired. his hand runs along, trailing and examining before he shakes his head.

"no injection sites or marks of anything else either. it must've been just the sleep powder."

it's not as thorough of an examination as he would've liked but it's all they're afforded given the situation.

running the scalpel along the rope, he soon finds a weak point and slices through it with ease, careful to catch sam's weight once free.

"can you walk?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 20:36:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
When the rope is cut, Sam can catch his weight. His legs are weak, and cramping, but his pride doesn't allow for him to feel it. He's dealt with pain in a high stress situation before and pushes the pain aside for the time being.

"Yes, but I'll need a few moments for anything extensive... or some pain killers."

He felt so sluggish. He suddenly felt a little, slight, very mild, tinge in his soul for anytime he had demanded a pokémon to fight after being asleep in battle.

Moving his eyes to the container, he leaned on the surface it was sitting upon and started to pull on not the pants, not his shirt, but the satchel with which held all of his items and pokémon.

"Is there a quick escape route?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 20:48:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"don't think they have painkillers here, sadly."

a soft chuckle looks to cut through the tension in the air.

"i'm not sure. i came down the elevator but there should be a fire escape somewhere."

light footsteps carry him back towards the door. he lingers near, keeping an ear close.

despite that, his eyes stay fixed on sam, concern showing in the way he gestures to the floor.

"sit, sam. we have some time."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 20:57:40 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Do you know that for sure?"

Despite being stubborn he leans against the wall. After closing his eyes he can feel his equilibrium playing tricks on him. By time he's opened his eyes back up, he's slanted a bit, and putting a hand on the table beside him.

"That felt horrendous..." it's a rhetorical mumble that barely made it past the hand rubbing down his face, patting himself on the cheek to stay awake.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 21:07:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
another scream pervades the room, carrying through the hallway. it makes him wince.

"pretty sure."

instincts call for rory to slip out the door, to search for whoever's screaming, and to help them. but logic overrides, and he suppresses his thoughts as he leans his head back against the wall.

"i can imagine. what's important now is for you to regain your strength, at least enough to walk, possibly run out of here."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 21:22:36 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The scream had Sam looking toward the door, but he didn't flinch. His hands were shaking, so he stopped it showing by clutching onto his knees.

Pretty sure? And possibly run.

"Right, reassuring."

Sam hadn't ever met a doctor that didn't make him want to question their degree-- besides Rory. He had high marks and admitted when he was human. Knowledge and humanity only stretched so far, after all.

A deep breath in, a moment of meditation, and Sam stood up.

"Your bed side manner needs work, but I can run if necessary."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 9:24:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
it's not very reassuring, that much he knows, but it's the most he can offer; that, and a chuckle.

"sorry. i'll make sure to work on it when we get out of here."

not if, but when.

rory stands, approaching sam to offer help should he need it.

"right. elevator or fire escape?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:28:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam considers the propositions offered. The elevator brings recent traumas to mind, and causes his previous claustrophobic issues to arise.

"Fire escape..."

Lacking pride when it comes to survival, Sam takes the offered help eagerly. As a show of gratitude for Rory helping him, he gives an explanation for his pick.

"I'm claustrophobic and admittedly have a bit of a grudge on elevators at the moment."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:57:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"fire escape it is."

with sam's arm around his shoulder, rory shifts, allowing sam to rest most of his weight on him. he leads them over to the door, stopping just by it.

"i understand; i'd feel the same."

after a moment of listening, it all seems clear.

"ready when you are, sam."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 16:24:57 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"I am as ready as I will ever be at the moment."

With that, he gives a small nod, and as Rory leads them Sam follows. He keeps his pain to himself and presses on. Each turn and twist causes more, but he pushes it down and away. He's a bit of an expert at it... but when the situation resolved itself, he'd be quite the mess.

Hopefully he could just put the 'closed' sign on the door and take a rest at Mt. Pyre, even a bath.

As they traverse to the fire escape he can hear the screaming, and the use of machinery, and the sounds of various kinds of pokémon.

His curiosity is not greater than his survival instinct. If he was in better shape, he'd investigate. But with his health bar in the red, so to speak, he's not very enticed by the idea.