hoenn horror story vol. 1 [ m ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 7:34:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
screaming, machinery, and the sounds of various kinds of pokemon call out to him and as much as rory wants to stop and look, he knows sam's safety is his top priority.

but he manages to steal a glance into one of the few rooms they pass. he tenses, uncomfortable at the sight, but pushes on until they reach what looks to be a fire escape.

"this might sound the alarm."

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 14:06:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam had purposed not to look. He'd seen enough gore and death in the war he didn't need more nightmare fuel.

"So we'll have to run like hell."

Leaning off of Rory, he gauged his balance and health. He'd been fine. He looked to a heal ball in his satchel and the contraption that was on it. He'd need a screwdriver to get it off. His gardevoir could just teleport them, and he could see his absol's premier ball rattling like crazy. She was pissed and wouldn't go in her ball for weeks after this... and he was fine with that.

"I'm ready," he announced in a low voice as he fastened the satchel to be close to him, by pulling the strap over to his other arm and wearing it more like a backpack so it wouldn't be prone to getting caught on anything. "Let's do it."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:59:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
running isn't the problem: it's stairs. hoping for a straight path and nothing more, rory nods, takes a moment to breathe, then counts down from three,

two,

one.

the door's pushed open, sounding the alarm.

"let's go."

and with that, they take off into a sprint, heading straight down the long hallway. thankfully, no stairs await them just yet.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 16:07:10 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Adrenaline helps to push him forward, to force his limbs to run. Each step hurts but each pain is a reminder to move faster and it's the soreness that motivates him to push through it.

The alarm brings to question whether this hospital is innocent, or if the alarm only rings for the bottom floors. He's not curious enough to stop and ask though, continuing his sprint forward.

The only reason he slides to a stop is because of the massive mightyena. The bulging muscles, the foaming muzzle and the snarls. Sam's heart races, eyes searching, mind wondering exactly how he'll get his pokémon out.

"I can't be of use here."

It's not hard to admit because he doesn't have a pride issue, he's just stating facts and hoping Rory has pokémon with him.

Who wouldn't, is his thought.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:46:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory also slides to a stop; eyes locked on the thing in front of them. as dark as it is, there's no mistaking the sheer size of it.

"oh, that's big."

it snarls, snapping its jaws, but it doesn't approach just yet — why? but there's little time to ponder.

slowly, he reaches a hand into his pocket which only seems to cause it to snarl even louder.

"okay, okay, let's all...stay calm here..."

his voice is low, bordering a whisper, but his hand never stops moving. instinctively, he creeps a bit forward to position himself in front of sam.

and then, after a flash, he's shoving them back right as a hatterene materializes.

"brie — hostile!"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:34:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Seeing a pokémon appear had Sam's shoulders relaxing a bit. It was a very selfish thought, but perhaps the pokémon would be torn apart before they were, and it'd give them an escape.

Which brought to mind that perhaps Dr. Mclain wasn't meaning for that as a strategy. Did he plan on battling it?

"Do you think it's wise to battle that thing?"

Running felt like a sure way to escape alive...but it didn't settle right with Sam. Really, he was just frustrated he couldn't send out his gardevoir to help.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:40:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"don't think we have much of a choice."

the mightyena's too big for them to simply slip by. they'd have to muscle their way out.

it lunges only to be quickly engulfed by a PSYCHIC — at the same time, two more pokeballs flash open: support for the hatterene.

sylveon's HELPING HAND allows the PSYCHIC to slam the mightyena into the wall, cracking concrete while mr. mime prepares a POWER SWAP for when it inevitably lunges at them again.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 1:42:02 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Standing there looking useless wasn't typically Sam's preferred method, but he had nothing else he could offer. He glanced around, to try and see anything of use around them.

When his eyes found the fire alarm, he deadpanned. Could it really help or just annoy them?

Deciding it was a stupid idea, he glanced down at his hands, then back up. His eyes fell on the garbage shoot, and he quickly moved toward Rory.

"Laundry shoot, four o'clock."

The dog was huge, sure, but the garbage shoot was large enough for an entire trash can-- couldn't they at least wedge the thing in there?
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 15:49:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the POWER SNAP activates the moment the mightyena leaps at them. it reduces sharp fangs into nothing more than a little nibble. another PSYCHIC engulfs it, aided by a HELPING HAND and boosted by a MIMIC.

rory points to the laundry shoot.

combined, it's enough to send the mightyena barrelling back, slamming it right into the tight space. it's stuck, at least for now.

"good call!"

urging them forward, rory continues on.

"come on."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 16:19:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam is relieved his ridiculous idea worked, smirking because it's comical to see such a mighty beast stuck in a garbage shoot.

He followed Rory more down the fire escape, thankful that the alarm has the local law enforcement showing up.

"They made average time."

Sam's way of saying whatever he was almost apart of was at least not planned by the local law, or the town wasn't 'in on it.' Unless they're clever enough to stall response just the right amount of time.

Or perhaps Sam's simply being optimistic. Very possible.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:58:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
they stumble out of the door and onto the quiet streets of littleroot just in time for the local law enforcement to show up. a few run their way, clearly questioning in the way they stare.

"he needs help — questions later."

there's a certain quality in his tone that seems to command them. they nod, leading them over to an ambulance further off to the side.

when a medic approaches, rory's already briefing them, explaining exactly what sam needs.

"you're in more than capable hands now, sam."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 13:51:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam had simply warned them of the giant mutant of a mightyena that had been inside. Beyond that, he allowed Rory the lead on the conversations and questions.

As he sat, being tended to, he looked to Rory with questions of his own in his eyes. He didn't ask them, even if he wanted to. If only because he simply wasn't sure what to make of it all. Perhaps he was in shock.

"Thanks again Dr. Mclain, for saving me."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:19:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"don't mention it."

rory offers a parting smile before turning to leave. he makes it a few steps, then stops and turns back.

"oh, sam."

his next words are meant to be more than a suggestion.

"you should come to the hospital sometime. it'll be good to talk about the incident."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 19:20:12 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam could feel it, the words clinging to him like unwanted fur and dander. the suggestion is more like a request, or a command, and sam knows rory's right.

he's the doctor, after all.

so he nods his acceptance and gives a small smile.

"i'll see you soon, then. thank you, dr. mclain."

he was already running through a mental checklist of the week to see when he could fit dr. mclain in next.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:02:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: