Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Magnificent Unknown [Research]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 18:54:07 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas reaches into the crate, carefully lifting the last scientific instrument out. Placing it on the metal counter it joins the rest of his findings from the cavern. They're neatly lined up and evenly spaced, each one cleaned of any ice or grime found on it. He checks off the last item from the list on his wooden clipboard, placing it on the edge of the counter. Two white plastic gloves are taken from a cardboard container. He slides them onto his hands as he makes his way back to the center counter.

He begins to inspect each instrument. Rotating each in his hands he looks for the manufacturers. Watching for a pattern. Any findings or abnormalities in each piece would be logged into the single computer in the lab. Finally he reaches the apparatus resembling a sewing machine. Sitting at the end of the counter it's easy for Lucas to move himself around it, looking at the device from each side. Leaning forward to get a closer look at times. He was unsure of its purpose, hoping that a manufacturer's label might shed light on it.

looking for manufacturer's label to find the mysterious device online with some information about what it's used for

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2019 7:22:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
FOR SCIENCE!

[attr="class","ipad"]LUCAS' EXAMINATION[break][break]
lucas' meticulous dissection of the scientific apparatus is rewarding. in his examination of the machine, he will find that it is missing something. a power source.[break][break]

whatever the main power source is, it is not in the shape of conventional batteries or an electrical power supply, although the machine does indeed, run in part with an electrical source.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

the first two numbers indicate the part or machine's personal number. to its right, the set of letters indicates the origin while the subsequent series of numbers indicates the producer id.[break][break]

as lucas attempts to match the information with results from the database, he finds an alarming omission. the data has been erased. the producer id can not be matched with a particular manufacturer; however, after some digging, he does find a transaction that somewhat matches the label above.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

the information is partially erased. thankfully, a buyer has been identified: lilycove contest hall.[break][break]

what will do? where will he go?
[break][break]

[break][break]

repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2019 18:24:17 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas is overcome with confusion as he searches every inch of the machine. Where was the power source? He hadn't seen a spot to plug a power cable, nor an opening in the casing to allow batteries in. It was a complete mystery. A sense of relief would wash over him minutes later during his meticulous dissection. There was a barcode and number. It wasn't what he'd originally been looking for, a company name or product name, but it would help him nonetheless. Taking a picture with his phone and walking across the room he begins to run the barcode and digits through various databases.

Slow and gentle typing eventually becomes furious typing as Lucas' searches come up empty countless times. Originally he thought it was simply due to typing errors, but it soon became clear that there simply wasn't any information to be found. Whatever data there might have been was gone from the databases. Every. Single. One. Only after what felt like hours of searching did he find a single piece of information hidden away, a buyer. Lilycove Contest Hall. Lucas was intent on finding out more, but everyone had their limits. It was late into the night now, his fatigue finally catching up to him. Yawning he locks the lab door and reactivates the alarms before leaving.

---

"I'll be away in Lilycove for likely the whole day. If anyone asks for me tell them I'll be back tomorrow." Lucas sends the text message to his assistant, . As he walks through a set of automatic doors eyes wander across the room, noting several security cameras in the lobby. Footsteps echo through the room as he makes his way towards an attendant. "Good morning, would I be able to speak to whoever is in charge today? I'm just here to ask a few questions on behalf of the League. My name is Lucas Lane." He'd take out an ID card with his picture, name, and position within the league on it to show the attendant.

• Found the buyer
  • Locked the lab with the machines in it and re enabled the alarm system
  • Texted his assistant that he'd be out for the day
  • Asks a Lilycove Contest Hall attendant to speak to their manager or something to ask about the machine
  • Shows ID card as proof of his identity

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 5:33:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
FOR SCIENCE!

[attr="class","ipad"]A FRIENDLY FACE[break][break]
as lucas enters the contest hall, he can hear the cheers and pomp of an ongoing performance. each wave of applause sends a wave of electric energy throughout the building, and although the building is designed with a prestigious and sophisticated design, the integral muse of fun is still honored by its vibrant colors.[break][break]

before the attendant can gesture or speak, a man creeps towards them. swiftly, the attendant acknowledges him and steps aside before quickly tending to another patron.[break][break]

he is an eccentric looking man. wearing lime green shades and a dramatically collared cloak, his appearance introduces himself before he can even speak: "hello, how interesting. a visit from the head scientist. it is... how do you say, exhilarant." with a smile turned all the way up, he clasps his hands together, as if holding a celebratory bouquet.[break][break]

"i am jules cotillard, and i am overseeing the operations of this... magnificent contest... hall." he claps his hands together. "mister lane, please... let us walk and talk. to what do i owe this honour?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON May 8, 2019 22:05:41 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas slid the ID card back into his wallet, thick from the assortment of cards within the folds. His pocket would bulge as he slid it away at Colliard's appearance. Side by side the two walked and talked.

"Nothing to do with the shows, unfortunately. I'd rather not say much out here, better suited behind closed doors really."

Nearby a set of doors open, the sounds of cheering spectators amplified till the doors slam shut.

"Not going into details for a moment, is the hall conducting any research? Anything the league should be aware of?"

「Asked if any research is happening in the call, and if the league should know」

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 7:11:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE END

[attr="class","ipad"]A CONCLUSIVE SUMMARY[break][break]

set between the aftermath of the wintertide open (coordinator contest) and the aftermath of the ultra beast raids on mossdeep city...[break][break][break]

• jules cotillard deflects the questioning; instead, he simply suggests he's here to assist with the contest and the hall.
  • upon this questioning, cotillard will bar him from viewing the machine, claiming that the area is closed off due to ongoing rehearsals.
  • cotillard quickly attends to a matter; lucas will sneak in and examine the shiny swap machine in its restricted room.
  • lucas will realize that this machine is the same as the one he is researching.
  • the source of energy that was missing from his machine is present here: a stone. lucas takes it and returns in time, deceiving cotillard.
[break][break]

[break][break]

• returning to his own laboratory, lucas will examine the stone with and find commonalities between it, the mutated swampert fin, and the mineral strains found in the regirock cave.
  • during lucas' involvement in the ultra beast raid, he'll realize the machine tested in mossdeep space center is a larger version of the machines he has investigated. the wormholes have been caused by these machines.
  • in other words, the machine's attempts to form a wormhole has caused the boundary between this world and ultra space to be fragile and prone to tearing, resulting in the multiple wormholes over mossdeep city.
  • upon the conclusion of the ultra beast raid, lucas will be able to refine the stone.
[break][break]

[break][break]

WHAT THIS MEANS:[break][break]

[break]
  • the refined stone cotillard was using is an diancite. it is now in lucas' possession for use.
  • the aether foundation/mossdeep space center may potentially be an antagonistic force for lucas. cotillard is on to you.
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]