part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
business connections
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:29:59 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Word spread quickly in the breeding world, and when you entered it a lot of people were very eager to talk to you about it. Maybe that was just the nature of gossip in general. He didn’t know, but breeders were a pretty talkative bunch. Probably due to part of it being a bit of a cooperative task. Unless you wanted to just catch and collect everything yourself, it was much faster and easier to split profits with someone else. Whatever the case, Mint wasn’t nearly accomplished enough to think of that. He sort of just sat around and listened to absorb information like a sponge. While watering his berries a couple of friends had been talking about a pokemon rehabilitation ranch. Retraining ranch? Something like that. [break][break]

It’d piqued Mint’s interest. After all, other Rockets had been injured by rowdy stolen pokemon, and this might be a good alternative to that. After all, accidents happened, and it was pretty demoralizing to beat a pokemon sometimes. At least, that’s the feeling he got having stuck to mostly beating actual people. Beating…was a strong word now that he thought about it. Think of something else. He strolled through the idyllic town and made his way into the ranch looking around for staff. “Hello!” the breeder greeted as he scooted past, beelining to the first person he made eye contact with. “I heard about this place form a couple of friends and wanted to check it out. Ah- I work for this big daycare in Lillycove City!” he explained before patting himself down and fumbling for a business card. This was one of the higher end establishments after all. “Sometimes we have problems with the…more temperamental pokemon.” He added finally looking away from the staffer and looking around again.

[break][break]

+ hope this is ok!!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
business connections
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 4:10:02 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
A series of raised panels on posts of varying sizes were positioned around the closed yard. A bright-eyed Skiddo was balancing precariously atop one of the panels and staring with anticipation at a girl clad in denim jeans, a white t-shirt, and an unbuttoned plaid jacket. She was using her hands to command the Skiddo across the maze of panels when the blue-haired individual caught the edge of her vision and she ordered the Skiddo to the ground and moved to the edge of the fenced yard. "Hey, can I help you with something?" She questioned in the moment before hello's were exchanged. The Skiddo she'd been balance assisting wobbled over and put two hooves against the fence to stare at the stranger.

"Oh! I've done some work for the daycare over there. Been a while, though. Is everything alright?" She reached a hand down to the Skiddo and it licked at her palm as listened to his added exclamation. "Well then, you've come to the right place, kid." She waved a hand and motioned to the expansive land that spread to the horizon. "We've got all the best facilities for dealing with any type of temperamental pokemon. We've got a few different types of packages you can request if you're interested. I'll be the ass and make the assumption that you want to drop them off for a while?" She began to move along the edge of the fence and stepped out, leaving Skiddo sitting unhappily and staring judgmentally at the stranger who had stopped his fun play-time.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
business connections
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 6:23:59 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint nodded quickly at the girl before his eyes moved over to the little Skiddo. He almost let out a loud ‘AWWW’ on sight. He hadn’t seen a Skiddo before. Mainly he was used to Gogoats from the few times his family had taken a ride around town in them. They’d stuck to private cars after they’d had their fun and taken their pictures. “Daycare’s fine but cool then you know my boss! And Yeah-! This place feels so big. It’s really cool though.” The grunt replied giving the place another quick glance before his attention returned to Caroline. [break][break]

He let out a laugh at the colloquialism. That was a new one to him. “Yeah definitely! I just wanted to check in for myself before I decided to drop them off. Guess I didn’t need to after all.” He said, chuckling. He made a note to make sure to talk to his boss before he set off on a long hike again. If he’d known they had done business before he would’ve just called. Though, he supposed it was nice to be able to travel every so often and not worry about paying for food. He pointed at the little grass type interjecting his own words with a quick, “Aww they’re pouting! Hiiii~! before returning to the topic at hand. The Daycare. “I did want to know how long it typically takes to rehabilitate pokemon before I hand over my company card and all.” he spoke loudly, excited, and happy to just stand around. He’d never really been to a rehabilitation ranch. It probably hadn’t dawned on him that he wasn’t going to be able to pet all the different kinds of pokemon they had around.

[break][break]

+ hope this is ok!!

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
business connections
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:47:24 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","carolinefoster1"]

A fresh breeze blew through the grassy training area and rustled the branches of sky-reaching trees nearby. As Mint spoke, Caroline felt a rush of pride follow his simple compliment. No matter how many times people raved about her family's rehabilitation ranch, Caroline was always eager to soak up the praise. She'd worked hard for this and her family deserved the recognition and five-star reviews they were given. "Big is an understatement. It's pretty tough to manage everything with the family, but I'm used to it now.[break][break]

Once she was on the outside of Skiddo's training park, she continued, "Oh, no, I'm really happy you came to check out the place. I love to show newcomers around the area. If you can tell me your name and tell me more about what you're interested in, I could give you a tour in the meantime! You can call me Caroline Foster." Anything for an excuse to show off the facilities and her knowledge to an unsuspecting victim. It was her second favorite thing to do after everything else she did on the ranch. Brag about it.[break][break]

His comment turned her attention to the Skiddo, who continue to stare jealously at the boy. "Hoo boy. Don't let that cute little face fool you! This boy will steal your heart and eat it if you're not careful." Said with affection of course. Sometimes it felt like all of her willpower was being used to avoid falling into those doe-like eyes. "It depends on the Pokemon, you know." She responded, once he'd drawn back her attention and it quickly dawned on her how excited the boy seemed. For what, she wasn't quite sure. Yet. "For the majority of cases, it takes between one to three months. Sometimes we can manage to fix the issues in a week or two, but those are typically minor problems. In fact, Skiddo is one of our more simple cases. He's just got a few balancing and listening issues we're working on. I could show you some of the others if you're interested." [break][break]

[break][break]

+ your posts are always okay :*

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ba362d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1 b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
business connections
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:14:31 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Oh, is it just your family running this place?” he asked. The facilities were big enough he’d thought it was family owner but… well, a lot of other employees. “Really? Then, I’d love a tour.” At the introduction, he reached out to shake her hand before offering his own name in turn. “Mint Frost, at your service! I think for our business, we deal more with just minor behavioral issues like hostility to people other than the trainer you know? Nothing too dangerous but problematic for me and the rest of the staff.” He said with a small laugh. [break][break]

He noticed that the Skiddo didn’t seem to lighten up, and only soured as Caroline spoke about him which made the trainer giggle a bit. “That’s not too bad! A couple of weeks to 3 months isn’t a long time for a breeder.” To wait for eggs to grow and hatch? Child’s play. That also wasn’t a bad turnaround time for smoothing out a feisty pokemon’s beavior which was good. He didn’t need to send over a pissy Salandit that bit everyone it saw. Mint nodded once more, happy to take Caroline up on her offer. “I’d love to. But, uh, are you just gonna leave him here?” he asked gesturing at the Skiddo, and also trying to gain some good will with it. He wanted to pet it after all… “Uh…um….also I was wondering if…uh…since this is a ranch….if we see any pokemon around if I…c-could pet them, please?” he added after a moment of thinking it over. His true goals.

[break][break]

+ waah thank you citrus! i love your posts too qwq

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
business connections
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 7:18:21 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

Caroline wished she could proudly proclaim that her family did all the breeding, the training, the rehabilitating, and relocation at Foster's Ranch. Unfortunately, their widespread popularity had resulted in a necessary recruitment of staff. These days, Caroline primarily focused on the rehabilitation and training aspects of the ranch, while her parents were able to focus on breeding and basic care. Still, Caroline wouldn't have things any other way. [break][break]

"Well, we have had to hire some staff to help handle things like breeding and basic care, but I manage almost all of the rehabilitation and training we do here. She clapped with pleasure at the boy's tour acceptance. "So nice to meet you, then, Mint! I think we're the perfect facility for helping your Pokemon! And I know that you'll really love everything you see here." [break][break]

Skiddo had withdrawn from jealous stares and resorted to huffing, sighing, and pouting from the other side of the fence. Caroline laughed. "Yeah, I guess he could take a little tour with us. I can tell you've already fallen for his cute little trap. Come on, Skiddo." The gate latch squeaked as she pushed it open and Skiddo darted outside, dancing and tapping his little hooves. He stumbled a bit, as if the world suddenly twirled under his hooves, but quickly regained composure. Caroline tilted her head, but then returned attention to Mint. "Oh, come on. You don't need to sound so shy about it! Of course you can pet them! We don't have anything too aggressive right now and they can always do with some extra loving. Here," She pulled a handful of things from the pouch on her hip and held out her hand to Mint. "You can give these to Skiddo or any of the others. They're natural, home-made pokeblocks."[break][break]

Finally, Caroline motioned for Mint to follow her away from the outdoor agility course. "Since you're interested in the training program, I'll show you the training facilities first. We try not to keep any of our Pokemon cooped up in Pokeballs while they're here, so we've got plenty of outdoor areas for them to roam based on type and size. Fresh air is extremely essential to the happiness and health of anyone's Pokemon. If you bring any Pokemon, they'll probably stay in the big barn over there." She motioned to a large brown building with a partially ajar wooden sliding door faded by time. "Depending on the size and needs, we have several different outdoor paddocks for them to roam about. They're not as large as the pastures, but they still have lots of play room. It's very important that we keep them well socialized here."[break][break]

At their feet, Skiddo hopped, jumped, and darted between Caroline's legs.

[break][break]

+ there will be petting available in the next POST

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#c95353;[/newclass]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1 a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
business connections
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 4:17:10 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint nodded in understanding. “Great, so I’m talking with the expert then.” He stated. How lucky was that? But it made this easier on him. After all he was cutting past the middlemen of part timers trying to lead him through pamphlets. He clapped a couple of times as the Skiddo was allowed to follow them. “Yeah, you got me~” he said easily. Half the fun was petting and seeing cute pokemon at their facilities, right? Of course, he wanted the grass type to join them. He shuffled around a bit on his feet flushing just a little as Caroline called him out. “Y-Yeah ok! That’s just- kinda my favorite part of my job at the daycare.” He explained. [break][break]

Sometimes his job was too tired out the smaller pokemon by chasing them or playing with them which he loved. He nodded his thanks at her as he looked over the pokeblocks. “Oh, cool! I usually pack some generic poketreats myself. Haven’t made pokeblocks before.” He knew there was a place in Lillycove where you could make them, but he hadn’t actually had a reason to go yet. He briefly considered tossing one to the Skiddo before simply offering up his hand to the unsteady grass type instead. He didn’t want to make him fall over. [break][break]

“They don’t try to run off? The more problematic pokemon, I mean.” Mint’s had his share of jailbreaks but never anything too severe Cacio and him couldn’t round up. He stuck close with the brunette looking and nodding along to her explanations. His worries are somewhat erased, but there’s still a matter of having too much of an aggressive pokemon. Should he keep those in particular sedated until they arrived here or? Maybe see if he could learn anything from Caroline’s methods and do it himself. He didn’t need to keep pokemon he smuggled to Rocket for too long, but if he could get them to be more well behaved a the time, he had them why not make the effort to? No one would appreciate it, probably, but it was better than risking angry pokemon attacking him every time he visited work. “Does socialization help with aggression?” he asked as his attention moved over to the barn.

[break][break]

+ waah thank you citrus! i love your posts too qwq

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
business connections
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 4:55:45 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

The sweet, alluring scent of Pokeblocks may have been unnoticed by the trainers, but Skiddo quickly grabbed the scent. He pranced eagerly at their feet until the stranger's hand was lowered and he mouthed the treats, hand, and all. This man may have ruined his fun time with Caroline, but he couldn't be that bad if he had food. "We try to feed the Pokemon as naturally as possible on the ranch." Caroline had explained. "We have a lot of sponsors who give us access to some great stuff."[break][break]

While Caroline had merely motioned to the barn at first, she now led Mint towards the aging building. Soon, they would be beginning some remodelling and repainting of the exterior. "My mother and father had problems with that at the beginning, but now we have larged fenced in enclosures for runaways. We also have some guard Pokemon who will keep watch and warn us if anything happens. Oh, look - there's my personal guard. Echo!" A Lycanroc was resting just inside the door to the barn, now visible as they approached the sliding wooden structure. At the call of her name, Echo's ears pricked and her tail began wagging.[break][break]

The Lycanroc had been Caroline's friend since childhood, and the family considered her their 'lead guard dog' for duties on the ranch. She ensured that all the other guards were doing their jobs and protecting the Pokemon they had. As Caroline led Mint into the barn, Echo stood with a shake of her fur and padded to them. "Socialization is extremely helpful for the more aggressive Pokemon. It makes them feel safer, more comfortable, and thusly less aggressive."[break][break]

Skiddo, excited to see his friend, launched into the air and tried to land on top of Lycanroc. However, gravity won and he fell clumsily with a thud. "Oh Skiddo, what in the world?" Caroline laughed, "This is Echo, one of the guard dogs we keep around here. They benefit so much from having jobs on the ranch and working together with us." Anyone could see the Pokemon, with her shiny fur and bright, gleaming, gaze, was well-loved on the ranch.[break][break]

"So anyway, this is where we keep most of our Pokemon for training. Most of the smaller Pokemon will stay inside here and we have outdoor areas for the bigger ones." The inside of the building resembled a modernized dog shelter. Glass doors reached up above their heads and the inside of each cage was spacious with water, food, and blankets to comfort the Pokemon. At the end of the hallway, the cages grew bigger and had additional doors that led to small paddocks on the opposite side. "Obviously, we do have to keep some of the Pokemon in their balls when we're overflowed or they threaten the safety of us and the other Pokemon. But we really try to adapt them quickly to allow more freedom. For example," Caroline stopped in front of a small square cage with a Shinx curled up in a ball. Sensing motion, the Sphinx lifted his head and blinked at Caroline. "Sphinx was abused in his old home and had a lot of anxiety and anger when he got here. Now, he's practically a lap Meowth!" The cage door clicked as it opened and Caroline pulled out the Sphinx and handed it to Mint. "You can hold him."[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#c95353;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,676 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
business connections
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 3:16:07 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He’s in awe at the facilities really. He’d never rally…been in a barn. This was practically his second time, and this one was far smaller than the other one him and had seen. He doesn’t have time to stay slack jawed though, as Caroline continued her tour and introduced her to a large dog pokemon. “Ohh! Hello Echo~” he cooed happy to see another pokemon to pet. “Ohh…I didn’t know they felt unsafe.” It made sense though when you were taking a pokemon from its past trainer. New catch or not, that tended to freak them out a little bit. [break][break]

“She’s so pretty, Caroline.” He assured his gracious host. He eyed her coat and how it reflected the light. Perhaps he should try to change Cacio’s diet to get that same effect. Maybe it’d help his constant shedding problem too. As he looked around he noted the outside didn’t really match the inside. He hadn’t expected things to look this modern inside. Then again, he supposed that’s what happened when u had the proper funding. He walked alongside of her, stopping a few paces after her as he realized she had turned to the side to mess with a paddock.[break][break]

The irony of petting an abused and mistreated Shinx was not lost on him, being apart of a a gang that might’ve been the cause of it. But still, he doesn’t recoil away form the electric type, smiling eagerly and carefully holding his hands out to the Shinx before carefully helping the little cat pokemon curl up in his arms. The Shinx took a moment or two to get used to him, but other than that didn’t really struggle in his arms. Once a little comfortable, and sure he wasn’t going to drop him, Mint pat one of the cat pokemon’s ears. Instantly, he felt the soft rumble of purring, something he had only really gotten to know when Cacio fell asleep around their bedtime. Otherwise, it felt like the Luxray actively avoided purring for him. [break][break]

“They’re so soft….and sweet, Caroline!!” he whisper squealed as the Shinx seemed to purr louder when he began to gently scratch the crown of the pokemon’s head. It was like being back at the cat café all over again. Just surrounded by sweet cats and purring.

[break][break]

+ HII IM SORRY THIS GOT AWAY FORM ME CITRUS!! QQ