kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 13:42:17 GMT
kris flynn-edwards Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

she liked the library.

[break][break] not that kris was keeping tabs on her — definitely not, no matter what all his friends said. he wasn't mooning over . absolutely not, nope, definitely not —

[break][break] except he was, but hey, who wasn't?

[break][break] "hey," he says, his face appearing the second she decides to pull a book from the library shelf. his face appears in the space that's left, signature grin on his face. "fancy meeting you here."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".karma"]--accent:#32a852; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:12:46 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
She loves the library.

And she's been walking slowly, up and down the same aisle, tapping her chin thoughtfully. She's read almost every single book in this section, some of them two or three times. But she was looking for something.. different. Something exciting.

Something..

"Oh!" she gasps, having plucked a book off the shelf to find a beaming face staring back at her. "Kris, you startled me."

She's blushing, but she can't look away. Thea can already feel warm eyes on the back of her neck, her girlfriends waiting impatiently for her to return. They'd seen the stolen glances between she and the dashing Kris Flynn-Edwards, and they teased her endlessly.

"How did you know I'd be here?"

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
i am the shadow driving the hearse
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:16:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

he sees the blush dancing across her cheeks, and he delights in it. he isn't sure if he's the only boy to make her act like this, but he hopes he is.

[break][break] flynn walks around to the other side, so at least that he is standing in the same aisle as her. he leans against the bookshelf, all suave confidence. or at least, he hopes so.

[break][break] "oh, you know. a little birdy told me." he laughs lightly, the sound natural and easy. "so, what's that?" he pushes off the side of the shelf and walks towards her, pointing at the book in her hand.

[newclass=".karma blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:30:30 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
He is the only boy.

Okay, well, maybe sometimes there was this boy from her math class.. but he didn't really count. She's 90% sure he's gay and just talks to her because she's good at math. It was natural to have a bit of a crush on one boy at a time.

But there was something about Kris that made her belly do somersaults worse than anything.

Thea clutches the book to her chest, suddenly self-conscious when he rounds the corner to join her. His nonchalant, confident lean is cute, but she does her best to refrain from staring at anything other than his face. Mostly his cheek, was eye contact weird? He has such pretty green eyes..

And now he's coming closer, and she's fumbling the book in an attempt to pull it away from her to show him. She's so awkward.

"It's.. uhh.. it's an action fantasy novel. About a treasure hunter. It's really good, I hope they make a movie out of it someday."

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:33:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

kris is not much of a reader. in his defense, it's not his default — not between soccer practice, school, and cooking dinner for he and mom both. or, that was just an excuse, 'cause most of the time he couldn't be bothered to read. that sounded like schoolwork.

[break][break] but this is for thea, so he pretends to be interested.

[break][break] he look at her, making eye-contact. can i? before attempting to pluck the book from her grasp, turning it around in his hands. "so who's your favorite character?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:46:48 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Their eye contact is magnetic for just a moment, and she catches herself forgetting words and thoughts. But his hand reaches for.. the book.

So she passes it to him numbly, offering a shy smile as their fingers touch. Had she meant to do that?

"The love interest, actually. She's always supportive of his dreams. Smart, too, a lot of the gadgets and stuff he uses for his adventuring was made by her."

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:53:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

their fingers touch and there is a spark that flies through him. his heart stutters, but kris forces himself to ignore it. he has to remain cool, calm, collected...

[break][break] that's what girls liked, right?

[break][break] he turns over the book in his hands, flipping through the pages briefly, before closing it again and looking at the cover. it depicts a strong boy and girl, both with dark-blond hair as they hold sword between them. he grins, looking back up at thea. "just like you. you're smart, aren't you?" they're not always in the same classes — in fact, probably never. thea is always in the honors classes, hanging out with her own group of friends. kris tends to stay with the jocks.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:18:25 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Just like her?

Thea flushes at the suggestion, unsure how to respond. It takes her a moment, with a long pause of exasperated, embarrassed mouth movements and red ears. She tucks blonde hair behind her ear, nervous.

"I'm not that smart, really. I just like puzzles and math problems."

And she loved to help others, she loved to teach. But she supposes he's right, she is a lot like the female side-character. The thought sort of comforts her.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:26:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

"well. you're certainly smarter than me."

[break][break] kris chuckles, not at all bothered by the implication. he's confident in his own skills — he knows that school isn't really his strong suit, but it's not like he's a complete idiot either. he manages.

[break][break] he hands the book back to her, eyes twinkling as he does, "you should tutor me sometime, thea."

[break][break] a pause, before a flush crosses his own face, and he reaches back, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. "i-i mean, if you want to."

[break][break] why's he so nervous? he's talked to girls before.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:38:02 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea giggles, shaking her head.

"Maybe it's all the soccer ball kicks to the head."

She's talking about the headbutting of the ball, though she doesn't know the term, if there even is one. Though at the mention of it, she pales at the realization. Her knowing anything regarding that was evidence that she'd been at his soccer games.

Which really shouldn't be that mortifying or surprising, because the entire school often went to see their soccer team play.

"You want me to tutor you?"

Her heart beats faster.

"Yes! Yes, I'd like that. Sure, that'd be.. nice. I'd be happy to, Kris."

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:53:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hey!"

[break][break] he pauses, then laughs. "okay, fine, you're not wrong."

[break][break] playing soccer was great, and he loved it, but there were shortcomings to it too. he knew she was joking, but she would be surprised about the amount of times he'd felt aches all over from headbutting the ball so many times during the game! though... nana said it was because he was trying to show-off. she... wasn't wrong.

[break][break] it was all because of who he was trying to show off for. the game he'd felt most aches after was when he'd noticed a familiar head of platinum blond hair in the crowd.

[break][break] his heart beat a little bit faster.

[break][break] "of course i do!" he grins. "it's a date." the little boy inside of him does a little dance on his heart — he tries to stamp it down. can't look too eager, then.

[break][break] he smirks. "i can teach you how to play ball too, if you want. some time."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 16:08:00 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea chuckles, dipping her head. His laughter seems to relax her just a little bit. Perhaps he hadn't noticed her slip of the tongue. Her friends would though. In fact.. she's pretty sure she can hear giddy whispering from a few aisles down.

But when she glances past Flynn's shoulder, those shoulders of brown and blonde hair disappear. Curious.

Her attention returns to his face, eyes widening in surprise at his exclamation. He had also said it so loudly that she's sure her friends had heard. Them and the entire library. The girls blush is deep this time, and she stares at her toes. They're painted a pale shade of purple.

"Uhh.. sure, Kris. That'd be really nice."

She sucks in her bottom lip, stifling a smile. It's cute, and she forgets immediately that Flynn is still holding her book. But instincts tell her that now is the appropriate time to leave, at the most awkward interval in ther conversation. Highschool brain, teenage brain, whatever you call it.

So she exhales, ready to be awkward, and attempts to bid him farewell.

"Uhh.. okay! Um, text me, then? When you, uhh.. need a tutoring session?"

But he didn't have her number, and she hadn't given it to him yet, and she hadn't gotten her book back.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 16:25:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

her book goes untouched, lingering in the space between them, but neither seem to notice. from an outsider's perspective, they would see the two: flynn, grinning, bashful, leaning over her; thea giggling, nervous, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. it would be the talk of the town - surely. in a town as small as mistralton, news tended to travel fast.

[break][break] but kris at least - doesn't seem to notice.

[break][break] he is drawn to her like a moth to a flame, unable to look away from her soft eyes and beautiful face. he adores her, and that much is clear in his expression.

[break][break] "sounds good," he agrees, and it's only then that he realizes that her book still floats between them. a thought occurring to him, he flips open the first page and writes his name and number with a mechanical pencil, before handing it back to her. "here you go." he winks, glancing only then up at the gaggle of girls that seem to be behind her. when he does look up, they disappear. kris chuckles, an embarrassed laugh.

[break][break] "i'll let you get back to your friends, thea."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 16:39:04 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
The two are an unlikely pair. Alethea, from a rich, high-class family in the expensive part of Mistralton. They owned an estate, probably a handful of cars, spent money like it was nothing (mostly for things that were useful, usually).

Perhaps that was why she liked him. He was different, he was kind, he was something sweet and humble and unfamiliar to her. Just a normal boy, in a normal school, who made her feel normal and giddy and good. When he looked at her, she felt like.. she was the most important person in the world.

Thea glances down at the pencil in his hand, momentarily horrified that he's marking it up with ink- but he isn't. Instead, lightly scrawled pencil lead leaves behind his name and phone number. She sucks in a corner of her bottom lip, biting it gently. She's smiling.

And only after he pushes the book closer again does she take it, holding it awkwardly and not to her chest this time. That would be weird, right?

"Okay," she whispers, dipping her head politely, awkwardly, before taking a few steps back. She trips over something a bit, fixes a book she's knocked out of place, before waving goodbye and rejoining her friends.

Naturally, the first few text messages he receives are not from her at all. Her friends had seen him write something in the book and automatically knew what it had been, and harassed her endlessly until she gave it up. Everyone had a crush on Kris Flynn-Edwards, after all.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
lovestory [past] [s]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 17:08:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

her friends are not the only ones who give her a hard time. his friends rib him goodnaturedly about it too — the only one who's nice about it is , but vic is always nice. he's supportive in the only way that the pink-haired boy can be, but kris appreciates it nevertheless.

[break][break] all his friend beg him for thea's number — but he refuses. he won't give it up for anything, no matter how many steaks or signed soccer balls they throw his way. this is special. thea is precious.

[break][break] she is his whole world, and he's determined to keep it that way.

[break][break] when he receives the first text, he is thrilled — only dampened slightly by the realization that it is probably not from her but her friends, who tease and joke too. kris isn't surprised. he knew word would get around soon enough, and he's not upset that thea shared his number. it only makes it all that much better when she eventually does start talking to him through text, and the two are able to set up a time for their date.

[break][break] it's a friday. a cool fall afternoon, just outside the school's entrance where a few tables lay underneath some autumn trees. kris walks towards the table where sits, two ice coffees in hand. "hey, i got us drinks."

[break][break]