slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:52:24 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Along the path, a Torterra strolls- the Cole-Essam family sitting on top its back. Kim takes to the frontmost, eyes shifting between the direction their heading and his wife and daughter, a bit antsy as he does.

...We could have tried a bit more to look for a babysitter, Na. I know this is kind of a time sensitive thing but… it could have waited.

Monkies always get into fights over territory, it’s just a matter of nature v nature; but when the nature begins to tread into communities that are not as attuned with it, then a problem arises. Not all wild pokemon are friendly afterall.

While he would usually leave these sort of problems to rangers, it had been a while since Kim and Najwa had underwent a field day together; and this problem seemed mild enough for the two of them to handle. Until their child had been thrown into the mix; the babysitter calling off on short notice leaving them no choice but to bring little Lira along for the ride.

I have no doubt that she’ll be fine… it’s just… what if something unexpected happens?

// mission
close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 23:53:58 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
Najwa's hands are stilled on Lira's sides, her little body strapped to her front. She bounces her absently as she enjoys the ride, lettign the torterra do most of the work in bouncing the toddler to sleep.

Since coming back after her Kim-suggested sabbatical, Kim has been on high-alert at all times. It's admirable, but she was also able to protect their daughter.

"Is it really unexpected, if you're expecting the unexpected?" Najwa hums, staring off into space as she lets Lira play with her index fingers, her tiny fists fitting around just the one finger. The babysitter calling in had been an inconvenience, but it was nice to spend time with Lira outside the lab, or Kim's office.

"It'll be fine. And if it isn't, we'll handle it." She shrugs and glances down to Lira, whose grip has gone slack, lulled to sleep by the rocking of the torterra's body.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 3:58:58 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His fidgeting only worsens at Najwa’s counter argument, the man moving with the Torterra’s motions as he steps towards the two.

That’s what I mean! The unexpected is unexpected even when its expected. So if the unexpected expects us to expect it, then it’ll get us when we least expect it and catch us unexpectedly.

Though his words were a bit repetitive in nature, he would assume they made some semblance of sense, slowly sitting beside Nawja as the Torterra continued forward.

Of course we can handle it, but like… tarzan’s parents didn’t expect all that bull to happen to them, y’know. I don’t want our kid to be raised tarzan style, Na; that boy ain’t got no manners whatsoever.

As if manners was the most pressing matter about Tarzan and not the fact he was raised by apes.

Soon enough, the Torterra comes to a halt and veers into nearby foliage, crouching down as to allow its riders a way off without too big a step.

Our destination is a clearing not too far from here, Duane’s a bit too big to go in without harming the flora so we’re gonna have to walk.

Hopping off the green giant, Kim offers a hand to Najwa, amber eyes scanning the area before as he does.

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:22:13 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
With a little huff of hair, Najwa blows a stray hair from her face without removing her hands from Lira. Having her wake up now would be a disaster, especially since she had been upset when they had started this — having been pulled from her nice comfy bed to come on the mission. It was a bummer for her, and her parents.

When Kim starts going off about Tarzan and his manners, Najwa can’t help the little smile that creeps up on her lips, eyebrow raising high on her forehead as she regards him with the most skeptical of looks. She knows her husband is being ridiculous, but she can’t bring herself to bring him down a peg. It’s sweet that he’s so worried, so she doesn’t want to rain of his parade.

"On foot is fine, she likes walking with me when we go out for lunch." Najwa lets him help her down, humming a bit as she lands on the ground with a soft bounce to keep Lira from waking just yet. "Everything will be alright, Kim. Our daughter won’t be raised by monkeys." She reaches out and fluffs his hair a bit. "Unless you count, cheeky monkey." She smirks.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 4:13:12 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A slight huff of amusement is all he gives to the notion before he returns the Torterra.

As long as its me and not another then I’ll take it.

Another ball is soon grabbed, a Gothoria released before them, the pokemon bowing to Najwa before looking to Kim for further instructions.

Bella is gonna be our translator for when we get there, talk to her she sends it over via psychic and so on and so forth.

It was basic procedure between the pokemon and its master at this point but leaving Najwa out of the loop would be insulting considering they were on this venture together.

Upon arrival, the clearing is… well, clear, and the butting heads of both sides present themselves with bravado; each of their respective leads going toe to toe with one another as the onlookers shrieked and hollered with all their might.

Kim motions for Najwa to stay behind before they exit the foliage, presenting himself and the Gothoria first as to make it clear that the two groups were no longer alone.

Cool it!” He shouts, the Gothorita instantly releasing a HEAL PULSE as to calm the frenzied pokemon, the Mankey/Primapes and Passimians soon growing quiet in Kim’s presence.

Nice.” He whispers before waving Najwa from the bushes.

We came to settle your problems.” a voice echoed though the wild pokemons minds, the Gothorita forwarding the message over to the pokemon via telepathy.

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 0:11:42 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
Kim was cute when he was being pouty. It was sort of his trademark, anyway, to be cute. She smiles and follows him fearlessly through the brush, because she knows that he'll have her back, and make sure that her and Lira are safe.

And she's also there to make sure that he and Lira are safe.

That's sort of how a family worked. You looked out for one another, and kept each other safe. Najwa was glad she finally had that in Kim.

When she's waiting in the bushes, Najwa plays with Lira's hair, puffing it up on it's ends into two cute little cones, before brushing it back down against her head again. Kim gestures to her and she emerges, looking at the pokemon who are standing there, watching them. "Well done, Kim." She nods and lets Lira hold her fingers to pacify her, the toddler's eyes wide as she's woken up and is very interested in the fighting pokemon.

"We should work on figuring out the land divide, so we can see where we can make easements for each group." Najwa states, looking over everything. "Easements will be easier to keep track of than just sharing the land completely."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:19:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Thank you Nawwy.

Kim says with a pleased grin, happy to receive a compliment from his beloved.

Najwa’s words are relayed to the monkeys in an extremely dumbed down way, the Gothorita motioning with its arms as her words are transferred over telepathically.

A few remain confused but for the most part they are understanding, the leaders each nodding in understanding.

How about we fly then? We might not be able to see too much from overhead with the foliage and all but at least we can spot notable locations. Set a boundary where resources are even and create a split from there.

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 2:07:49 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
"An excellent idea, love." Najwa hums, nodding to herself, before glancing down at Lira. "Tell daddy he's the smartest, Lira, darling." She nods and Lira babbles something that is most definitely not those words, and most likely means she's enjoying the attention. Or has to poop. Either way, it's cute enough to seem like she's replying.

"See? You're setting a great example for Lira." Najwa pulls a pokeball from the knapsack on her back and holds it up. "Shall we fly with mine, or yours?" She smiles at him, wiggling the ball that contains her aerodactyl.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:57:59 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
There is a visible struggle as he holds back tears, teeth nibbling into his closed fist as he looks to this girls.

I try.” He says with a faint breath, an exaggeration of his struggle more than anything.

How about we take Coffee? She’s less intimidating than your Aerodactyl, and I don’t want those guys getting riled up over seeing it.

Kim points a thumb over to the monkies; the Gothorita slowly moving over to commune with the groups. After, he taps the ball to his side, a Dragonite released and extending its arms and wings in a stretch- scratching its belly groggily.

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 1:17:35 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
"Fair point, love." Najwa nods and stretches a little bit, rolling her neck. "Another brilliant idea from your father." She bounces Lira and strides over to her husband, grinning at him.

"Well, let's get on with this, hopefully we can finish and be back before sundown." She nods and gestures for him to get ready to fly.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 4:13:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
After a quick stretch, the Dragonite crouches down, allowing the couple and their spawn to board, a few flaps of its wings floating them into the sky.

With Kim taking the rear, he hold Najwa close as she holds Lira. The turbulence was light if at all present yet Kim’s protectiveness took over the trust that he had in the Dragonite and its abilities.

Let me know if you see anything. From here I can see a lot of resources, but they all look kinda one sided.

He hums, chin resting over Najwa’s shoulder, head lying over onto hers.

If it comes to it we can do some terraforming but… that might take a little time.

What do you think?

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 0:52:49 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
NAjwa glances over the entirety of the land they fly over, frowning a bit at the way the resources are heavily stacked on one side versus another. "It doesn't make sense to terrform. They need to get it through their thick monkey skulls that they need to share, because they need one another." She gestures to the land.

"If they can't share this, then their ecosystem will collapse and they'll die out - then it will upset the entire balance of it. And terraforming might also ruin the habitat of other pokemon." She sighs and squints. "We're going to have to think of a way to divide it equally, or try to explain they'll all die if they don't share."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 2:23:29 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
You’re right.” He states without even a hint of hesitation. “I had reservations about terraforming anyways… But another question is: how do we make it stick?

Leaning over slightly, he pats the Dragonites side, the pokemon slowly coming to a turn and returning to their previous location.

I can assume that this started because they didn’t know how to share in the first place. Disputes over shared resources causing petty squabbles which finally resulted in an all out battle for territory. What’s to stay they won’t just follow in their previous footsteps once we settle this current bout of disputes?

close tab

played by

bean

najwa
she/her
april 10
lumiose
demisexual
geneticist
civilian
kim cole-essam
married
5 height
5 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @najwa
najwa cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:55:33 GMT
najwa cole-essam Avatar
"Hm... I suppose we don't know they won't slip back into old ways. But having it explained to them that they'll die out might set them straight for at least a little while. Until the league can set up something more permanent."

She scoots forward towards him, and kisses his cheek. "We can report back after we get things settled, and maybe the league can relocate to a reserve or something, when they'll have plenty of resources, without being in direct captivity."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
estranger
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 20:38:56 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He sighs, a feel of unease taking hold not long after.

I’ll get or to get some of their rangers on this as soon as possible, but at the moment, your idea of explaining is the best we can do.

Gently landing upon solid ground once more, Kim is the first to step off the dragonite, assisting Najwa off before switching it out for a duo of Roserade: one shiny and one normal.

Bella!” He calls out to the Gothorita, the tamed pokemon mingling with the wild ones; their attention shifted from the Gothorita to the humans as Kim spoke up.

Relay that resources are too favorable on one side and splitting them evenly is near impossible within a reasonable time limit. If they don’t share they will die or kill themselves off. Spin it however you want.

With a nod, the Gothorita delivers the message unfiltered, free of any needless filler words or prettied adjectives. What was communicated was blunt, and made the point clear.

Iori, Rahm, until the rangers come, play peacekeeper, keep them from killing one another by any means necessary.

The two pokemon nod, moving to switch places with the Gothorita, the psychic type standing to the side once near.

Do you want to add anything, Na?