3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 13:43:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"] isn't home — he's probably out doing what a ranger does, whatever that may be — but that doesn't stop cian from slipping in through the backdoor. it takes him a bit to pick the lock, but it gives without much trouble in the end.

cian lies on the couch, head resting on the armrest, smartphone in his hand.

eventually, the door opens, footsteps sound, and he's looking up to meet the ranger.

"what took you so long?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:50:03 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Kabuto lingered under the couch, having seen Cian come in and darted beneath it. It hissed occasionally, wanting to leave the darkness and the sinking spot under the man’s body, but also not wanting to be seen.

When the door opened again, it screeched, and finally scurried out all of the sudden to make a break for it. Bo closed the exit quickly again with a sigh.

“Why do you always want to leave so bad? I feed you. I bathe you. I let you tear up the chair…”

He stopped when he saw his brother, lying in the next room.

“The fuck, Cian? You can’t just break into my house.”

But he could, apparently. With another sigh, he shook his head and threw a bag on the table, the metallic canteen inside sloshing and clanging with other gear. The keys to his bike jingled and clattered, and the fridge opened. He hadn’t smelled food, so maybe Cian had not brought any this time.

“I work. I had a mission.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 20:03:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"it was pretty easy, actually. you should really get a deadbolt; those things are tough to crack."

his eyes trail bo over to the fridge to peer in at its contents. and no, cian had not brought food with him this time.

"how'd it go?"

not that he particularly cares. it's just small talk for now as he runs through the agenda.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 0:49:31 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
“Yeah, or you could just not pick my locks.” Like some criminal.

He peered into the fluorescent cold still, eyes having hovered on a stack of deli meat for too long. He grabbed it, along with a jar of mayonnaise, and side-stepped to the counter, allowing the fridge door to close in his wake.

He was tired.

“Fine. Took a boat out to watch a Corsola migration. Nothing happened.”

He’d done more harm than good, maybe, but he wouldn’t mention it.

A cabinet closed. A small amount of silverware clattered as he pulled out a drawer to grab a butter knife.

He didn’t ask how Cian’s day was. Didn’t ask what he’d done. It was best not to know.

Soon, a sandwich was assembled, and he went into the living room to slouch into a torn-up recliner, which leaned back in a way it wasn’t necessarily supposed to. The handle was twisted into an odd position; broken.

He reached for a remote, turning on the news.

Kabuto silently scrambled back underneath the couch Cian occupied.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 12:00:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"that sounds thrilling. my day's fine, by the way, thanks for asking."

sarcasm drenches his words because really, that sounds dreadful. watching a bunch of corsola swim? is this the life of a ranger?

to be fair, it's not as if cian's day had been any more exciting. he spent most of it running, training, and chilling on bo's couch.

"so i was out for a run the other day and met this really interesting kid."

his head tilts over, glancing at the news, before returning to his phone.

"you ever get threatened by a kid? shit's funny as fuck."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 7:25:07 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
He chewed a bite of his sandwich, eyes glued on scrolling headlines, but the volume was kept almost too low to hear. Cian came through loud and clear, but Bo didn’t seem to acknowledge him at first.

Realizing he’d forgotten a drink, he sighed lightly and set his sandwich off to the side on a plate, licking his thumb as he raised up. Gold eyes cast over Cian very briefly as he left the room again.

“Tch. Why'd they threaten you? Were you fuckin' with 'em?”

In the kitchen, he shook his head, opening the fridge.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 10:11:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"their pup ran into me which was apparently my fault."

the fridge opens — bo better be getting him a drink as well.

"he was really angry, though. even threatened to punch me in the nads. but i imagine he's angry at the world in general. probably feels like everyone hates him."

cian waits until bo's back before glancing over to ask:

"you know any kids like that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 3:19:48 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo furrowed his brow a little and then gave a light huff to himself. Sounded like . He reached in and grabbed a Charja-Cola and a bottle of water, and shut the door to the cold.

“Damn. That’s a pretty messed up thing to say, Cian.”

Walking back in, he tossed the water towards Cian’s stomach on his way past and slouched into his broken chair again, a leg hanging in an off-kilter sort of way. He popped the tab on the can and took a sip, still staring at the news.

“Not really. Guess I meet a lot of kids, I don’t know.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:02:11 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i agree but we can't blame him, bo. he's just a kid."

the bottle of water smacks against his stomach, stifling a chuckle before it can escape.

"kid said his name's roman. isn't that the name of your son, bo?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:32:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
He stared at the TV and shook his head lightly, until the bomb dropped, and his face sunk entirely. Eyes shot over, and protectiveness rose in his chest.

The glare in his eyes was one of a severity Cian might’ve not been too familiar with.

“Roman’s none of your business, Cian.”

His brow twitched and tension rose in his shoulders and he shook his head, thinking of their father, and imagining the lengths he’d go to get him back.

“Stay away from him.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:35:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the severity is unfamiliar, uncomfortable, but he pretends like it does nothing to him. he shrugs, chuckling softly.

"it's a little too late for that."

his voice drops a little.

"why didn't you tell me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:42:27 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The easy answer would have been Rocket—but that didn’t cover the other nine years. Their association with Rocket was why it had become a necessity to keep Roman a secret. Now, cat was out of the bag.

“Yeah.”

Of course, he felt bad for not telling Cian. He always had. He stared still, heart sinking more and more as moments passed. Finally, he shook his head.

“I don’t know. I was in denial, I guess.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 9:47:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian holds his gaze, silent for moments before asking:

"were you ever going to?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 10:26:44 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo, too, took moments of silence, before giving the truth.

“I've been hoping so, lately.”

There were loose implications. 'Lately', being the time he'd spent away from Rocket, trying to be a 'better person'. Now, it might've become more apparent what that had meant.

Fatherhood. Trying to make up for lost time.

Lately, the issue had been that Cian and their father were in a dangerous criminal organization, and the less they knew about his life, at least for now, the better for all involved.

Cian was smart enough to know. But Bo knew him well enough to know he was a lot of other things, too.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
progeny
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 10:32:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"it's whatever."

but it isn't, no matter how much cian tries to hide it, for he knows things will never be the same with bo. they haven't been, really, ever since bo left rocket.

"he hates your guts, though. can't say i blame him."

[attr="class","noodles"]