Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:42:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It must be the wine.
[break][break]
What else could explain how calm he feels despite the painful secrets that have just been shared between them? The thought of Cosima has haunted him every night for two long years, leaving him desperate to find anything that will distract him from the inescapable nightmares – dinner with a handsome friend, for example.
[break][break]
But this is no distraction.
[break][break]
The memories remain; bittersweet and shattered by the thought of her death. Yet, on this night, at this moment, as he looks at Cian and holds his hand, there’s a lull in the seas of his heart, and it definitely must be the wine.
[break][break]
He matches the other’s chuckle. ”Those are dangerous words, you know?” A smirk, as if the moment has passed, even though they both know nothing will take away the secrets that have been shared on this night. Mars likes seeing the people he cares about smile, and he cares about Cian.
[break][break]
”We should do this more often.”
[break][break]
Does he mean the date, or does he mean sharing what's most private and personal to them?

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:15:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the memories remain for cian, too, but somehow they feel lighter, less suffocating, and more tolerable. he thinks back to one of the races, to how he could hear his mom cheering from the stands even before he crossed the finish line.

she had been in his biggest fan in life, and in death.

cian blinks away a tear, returning to the safety of the moment.

"they are, but what if i mean it, hm?"

the smirk is returned naturally.

"we can do this as much as you want, mars. i mean it."

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:39:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

People spend too much of their lives avoiding the thought of moments that have hurt them. Mars himself has run from them desperately. However, sometimes it’s nice to remember. Sometimes it’s nice to know that there’s someone out there willing to listen to anything he may wish to tell them...
[break][break]
’They are, but what if I mean it, hm?’
[break][break]
They may be a joke, but the words are as reassuring as they are concerning, even if they manage to raise a million questions within him.
[break][break]
He maintains his smirk, and his answer comes without him needing to even consider it:
[break][break]
”If you do, then the same goes to you, Cian.”
[break][break]
Does Mars himself actually mean it?
[break][break]
Maybe that in itself doesn’t matter much as the safety and comfort of the moment, Mars allowing all of these questions to be washed away – to be considered at a later date.
[break][break]
It’s a nice night. Probably one of the best nights he’s had in a long time. He’s thankful to Cian for that.
[break][break]
”It’s not all about me, what you want matters just as much.” He chuckles, yet he allows their eyes to meet once again. “But… Yeah, I’d really like that.” With these words, he smiles.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:46:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it shouldn't mean this much to cian but it does: the fact that mars is willing to listen, willing to return the same as what's given and more; it warms him more than any liquor could ever do.

and perhaps that's what cian wants — care, attention, and company.

"i'd really like that, too."

he's genuine in his words, in his smile, and the gentle squeeze of his hand seals it.

[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:30:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars believes him.
[break][break]
Usually he would doubt, and perhaps all this wine is having some effect on his skepticism, because regardless of all that, he finds himself trusting Cian’s words, and they make him glad in a way he hasn’t been in a very long time.
[break][break]
Maybe it’s silly. Maybe he will regret it later on. Yet, at these moments, he reciprocates the gentle squeeze of his hand, leaning in while never looking away from him. ”Hey, Cian…”
[break][break]
A purposeful pause, one that comes in company of a playful, radiant, yet ever so slightly wicked grin.
[break][break]
”At the risk of scandalizing everyone else at this restaurant… can I kiss you?
[break][break]
Shameless? Always.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 14:30:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"hm?"

the pause is almost painful, silence tearing into him as anticipation wells. but after a breath, it passes, suddenly shadowed by something akin to relief.

"do you have to ask?"

the grin is mirrored and the answer comes naturally:

"yes, mars."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 15:16:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Yes, I do. I wouldn’t want to do something you don’t want me to do.”
[break][break]
It’s an honest answer.
[break][break]
Kisses and much more can usually come without need for words, especially when there’s this much alcohol involved, but Mars spent too long knowing what it was like to be at the mercy of someone else’s will, and he would never want those he cares for to feel like they’re at the mercy of his. Sometimes, it’s important to ask.
[break][break]
Yet, he doesn’t say all this to Cian.
[break][break]
Instead, he simply leans in, allowing their lips to touch – kissing him.
[break][break]
His lips taste like wine, and they bring feelings that even someone like Mars has a hard time knowing how to describe.
[break][break]
It's nice. He could get used to that.
[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 13:24:13 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]even though cian doesn't say it, he appreciates the honesty. it's rare for him to feel safe in the company of another but with mars it seems to be second nature; something he doesn't even have to be conscious of.

it's why there's no hesitation in the way he leans into the kiss — pure; genuine.

relishing the moment, he exhales as they eventually part, though he lingers close, lips curling into a grin.

"not bad."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 14:03:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sometimes a kiss doesn’t mean much; just a hollow display of passing affection. Sometimes a kiss can mean the world; two people making a promise of love and devotion.
[break][break]
There are many things kissing Cian could mean and not mean, and while someone else could rack their brain trying to figure out the answer as to the significance of it, when they part, Mars does no more than look at him.
[break][break]
”Oh, you better take that back.”
[break][break]
Just like that, he mirrors Cian’s grin.
[break][break]
How often is it that he can joke with someone right after sharing a kiss?
[break][break]
Not often, really, since there’s rarely so much comfort and ease in moments like these, but with Cian it seems to come naturally.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 11:06:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it's frightening in a way — how naturally things seem to fall into place with mars. there's an absence of the usual hesitance, the wall that he keeps up to stop people from getting too close. with mars, he sees no need for it.

"make me."

his hand gives a gentle squeeze before he gestures over his shoulder, intent written clear across his features.

"let's get out of here."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 11:38:25 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It is frightening.
[break][break]
Perhaps even terrifying if Mars were to allow himself to properly think about it. There’s too many reasons not to trust people, and too many reasons not to allow them to become important parts of his life. And yet, with Cian it feels like all those concerns can be washed away, leaving nothing but the two of them.
[break][break]
It’s dangerous, as is the way Cian looks at him and the way Mars smiles in return.
[break][break]
As is the gentle way in which he squeezes his hand and the words that come next.
[break][break]
”Yeah, let’s go.”
[break][break]
Mars holds his hand even then.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
all my friends are drunk
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 22:59:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: