awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 22:46:06 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam rotated his shoulders, watching the targets that bounced around the small arena. The goal of this one was to hit targets as quickly as possible. By the end of it, they would count the targets hit and it would determine the winners that way.

Looking to his decidueye, Sam moved a hand over to place it on the owl's shoulder.

"Ready?"

The ever serious nod that was given had Sam moving out of the owl's way, letting the dual type focus on the targets, prepping his wings and finding his targets with a FORESIGHT before letting his feathers loose into the targets-- well, hopefully.

//NOTES
RULES highest roll wins the round! each won round is a point. whoever has the most points by the end of page 1, wins!

[roll]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 1:50:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She stared down the new sexton of Mt. Pyre, curious. His markings in particular drew her interest, but she wasn’t one to be nosy. All questions were kept to herself, and drowned out by the warm and enthralling buzz of competition.

Target practice. One of her old past-times.

Now, it was up to her Pokemon.

Liking the idea of a matching bird, Lulu released a Hoothoot following Sam’s Decidueye. It glared at the other avian, and then down the path to its target.

"Try a MOONBLAST."

A beam of light shot down from the air above, and sparkling fairy power sailed towards in the direction of their far-off bullseye.

M_dduofP

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 13:36:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The hoothoot reminded Sam of his other fowl, a noctowl. So he had a mild idea of how good their eyesight could be.

The round was called and in favor of the hoothoot. Sam gave a smile to the competitor he was against, as if to say 'good game' as the next round of targets were drawn.

Apollo looked irritated. This small little round brat wasn't about to outshoot him. No, not a chance in any underworld of any mythology or belief.

Once the targets were released and the bell tolled, he threw his wings forward with a RAZOR LEAF, sharp knife like leaves on their way to obliterating targets.

Sam raised his brows. "...are you taking this personally?" He'd asked Apollo, who looked a little too serious for a fun game of target practice.

//0 POINTS as of previous roll

dXz00SUo

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 17:32:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
They’d won the first round, and the scientist was thrilled already.

The opponent’s face was intense, and noted by the small Hoothoot—but not Lulu, who rather matched Sam’s Decidueye. Competitive, and unbreakably focused. Victory was nigh. She could taste it like the salt in the air.

“That’s it!”

Hoothoot narrowed its eyes at the target, and then raised a wing, bringing it down and swooping motion when sent the force of AIR SLASH arcing, and then streamlining into something on the other end.

fMRc1_Bx

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 17:42:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
As the whistle wrang out, the match was called. Apollo and Sam had gotten the upper hand in that round, winning it.

"Great job Apollo. We're tied now."

What Sam pointed out only made Apollo's feathers ruffle. Tied? Ha! He'd take this hoothoot to the grave soon.

While the targets were prepared, Apollo twisted his wings, sending spare feathers around him in a dance. Hopefully that FEATHER DANCE would give him an edge. Only the judgement at the end of the round would tell. For now, he attacked more targets.

//1 POINTS as of previous roll

Eq7iRVZs
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:13:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Not for long!

Hoothoot’s previous shot had not gone as planned—but the opponents had done an weaker job, thankfully.

“Try the same as the first time again.” She encouraged the owl next to her. Another MOONBLAST was summoned from the sky to strike the target again. Its fairy energy lit the area in a pink glow for a moment for the second time, and then dissipated with a flourishing sparkle.

Lulu glared through the pastel mist to see where they’d struck.

6f3qdvtc

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:17:24 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Another loss.

Sam just tilted his head in thought. Maybe it just needed a razor leaf spam... if that was the case-- his eyes averted to his decidueye who looked properly miffed. Sam's eyebrows raised at the determination and anger in his eyes.

"...Apollo, it's about having fun."

He'd managed to hold in his laugh until his dual type glared at him and gave him the middle feather. Targets were set up once again, and a whistle blown. Apollo let loose an array of RAZOR LEAF once more, in hopes to claim victory once again.

//1 POINT as of previous roll

u9lb87TN
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:37:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu eyed over at the competition the moment the middle feather was given, and she grinned. “Looks like he’s having fun to me.”

She understood, at least, she felt. There was a special thrill to be had in maiming an opponent.

Taking a page from the Decidueye’s book of tricks, Hoothoot used FORESIGHT, attempting to fling feathers in a similar way that it had seen the larger owl perform before. Maybe it could do a better job, even!

nX2Ot3lV

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:27:00 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Suppose you're right. After all, everyone has fun in their own way."

Sam agreed with his opponent, watching as her hoothoot tried to perform. If asked, he'd call it cute. He had a weakness for the silly things, having grown up in Kanto, visiting Johto often for work with the Pokémon Tower.

The match was called, Apollo claiming victory that time. This time, the targets began moving, and Sam smirked.

"There you go, a challenge, hm?"

Apollo snorted. Challenge? This? Ha! Once more, he threw a RAZOR LEAF toward the targets, with an intention to hit more than the hoothoot did.

//2 POINTS as of previous roll

8mJ2AUvD

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:43:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu glanced over yet again, but this time her eyes landed on the sexton. There was something notably strange about him, but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Stare lingering too long, she missed Decidueye’s shot—but not the call of those watching, and hooting and hollering themselves.

They were tied up again. The scientist’s attention, along with that of her owl’s, returned to the game.

MOONBLAST shot again. It seemed to work the best out of what they had in their arsenal.

T6jcmVos

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:50:24 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam didn't notice he was getting a look, too focused on watching the way his decidueye got competitive. He supposed he could afford to get competitive. If he lost, he lost. Apollo would be pissed, but that was just his nature.

Sam wasn't truly competitive. He didn't find passion in many things because he found nothing definite besides death. Life had taught him that cruel lesson early on.

The verdict was given, the totals were tallied. The hoothoot and Miss Flint were ahead and Sam decided to try and boost his decidueye's moral as the targets began moving once more, ready for another round.

"That isn't all you've got, Apollo. Focus and overcome!"

It was as if the burning flames of hell scorched the owl's eyes, burning a passion into them as he fired off more leaves. Whether it was overkill or just enough would only be told with time.

cEKtHldb

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 20:19:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The pep next to them was increasing, and it drove them as well. Lulu grinned.

“You too, Hoothoot. Same thing again.”

For a fourth time, the moon’s energy was summoned. This was some small owl, really. If the scientist had not been so engulfed in the competition, she might’ve noted the power behind it.

Sparkles of MOONBLAST hit once more, although the mist they scattered again made it difficult to see the result immediately. She squinted.

WfIlYSrx

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 20:26:57 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
As that fairydust settled, the winner was obvious. It as the hoothoot again. They were a bit closer that time than others, but it was obvious that hoothoot packed more of a punch than they had realized it could.

Well, at least, Sam was being optimistic and a good sport. But the decidueye was contemplating how to hit the hoothoot 'on accident' with his next move.

Noting the expresion, Sam furrowed his brows, like a scolding mother he pointed toward the targets that were being set back up. Moving at great speeds this time around.

"Hey now, focus. If you get me kicked out today I'm gonna stick you on toxel duty."

The threat caused the feathers to ruffle, and Apollo focused his attentions forward and threw his RAZOR LEAF forward once more.

gKdKWu7q

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 20:36:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
MOONBLAST was really working well for this. Lulu was impressed. Maybe they should have switched it up a bit. Maybe it was getting boring to onlookers, but their opponents weren’t switching—so they weren’t pressured to, either.

Once the targets were set up again, pink glow yet again filled the area. It had become a bit of a light show, drawing more eyes from nearby, however quickly interest was lost again by the monotony of their shots.

Lulu didn’t notice or care. Homed in.

“You’ve got this in the bag, Hoothoot.”

MOONBLAST hit another target.

Were they... bonding? The owl glanced over to a usually much colder trainer.

bS6ir_s4

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
lulu vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 20:43:42 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The dust settled yet again and this time it's in their favor. Sam gives a smile at the thought, the thought that they might pull this one out of the back. Maybe, just maybe-- but who knows, maybe not?

"We've got one more chance, to at least tie it up." Sam suggested to Apollo who was already reading another RAZOR LEAF.

He waited for the whistle to blow, letting the leaves fly yet again. But the targets were fast- and perhaps that was the trick, perhaps he needed to have faster targets, needed to work on the slower ones.

//3 POINTS as of previous roll

gKdKWu7q
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP