part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 0:19:00 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seraboxbl"]

It was late and Serena sat on the rooftop terrace of the the luxury apartment complex she lived in. She was already well within a few beers too deep, but instead of the usual drunken stupor she would've been in she retained clear thinking. If anything her mind was laser focused on the task she had to complete today. Tirelessly running one awful scenario after the next, a projection of what was to come. [break][break]

Serena's eyes were puffy and red, just like her cheeks. A tell tale sign she'd been crying. Her tears however had long since dried up and the dull thumping ache of an oncoming migraine was all she had left. She'd left a note on the kitchen counter for Danny letting him know where he could find her and that they needed to talk. She couldn't bring herself to let him know in person, not just yet. [break][break]

This truly was her own fault. She knew a day like this would come sooner or later. She'd promised herself not to get too caught up in a fantasy that could never be hers. Yet here she was anyway. A fucking wreck because she had managed to fall in love with one of the best guys to ever grace her life. And now, she had to breakup with him. [break][break]

Life was so fucking funny that way. [break][break]

She sighed again as the cool night wind blew her hair across her face. She lifted the cigarette to her lips as she stared out at the Mauville city lights. A dramatic and melancholic backdrop for such a dramatic and heartbreaking end to their little love story. She could only hope and pray Danny wouldn't hate her after this. But that was almost too much to ask.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]
+ xtra: went ahead and closed the other thread since I had time :3

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.seraboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1d0f2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.seraboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#5c549c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokesprite]color:#c7adb7; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:25:55 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]after a short trip down to slateport, danny arrives back at mauville hills tired from spending the day out in the sun. the tournament was fun to watch, and though he didn't compete, it inspired him enough to perhaps try to next year.

who knows? maybe he'll stand opposite on a battlefield someday.

for now, he traverses the steps up to the rooftop terrace, excited to relax and spend some time with his favorite person in the world.

with two bottles of beer in his hand, he approaches serena, flashing the same warm smile he always has for her.

"aw, you got started without me."

he notices the few empty bottles but chuckles anyways, not really minding.

"have another with me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 5:33:36 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"aw, you got started without me." Danny's sudden voice startles Serena for a moment as she looks over at him with tired eyes. He offered her one of his signature smiles and it made her heart ache as she tore her gaze from him and glanced down at the floor. "have another with me?" he asked as he extended another beer to her. She hesitated for a moment before taking it and muttering a soft "Thank you," in response. [break][break]

How was she supposed to start this? What was she supposed to do? Just how could she break his heart and then move on with her life. Hell, it'd be breaking hers too. Tapping her nail along the bottle gently she sighed once more. What made it worse was that he was in good mood. Biting her lip Serena tried to figure out how to go about this. [break][break]

"Um..." she said softly as she got up from her seat. She didn't look at him, but instead headed a few steps towards the railing so she could lean on it and look at the city below instead. With another heavy sigh she continued. "I just want to say I'm sorry." she opened up, her voice much clearer now which surprised her a bit. [break][break]

"I don't know how to do this, but I hope you can understand." she said, she knew she was being cryptic so she was doing her best to get through it and not give him any additional anxiety. She hated being left in limbo like this. "I want you to know the time I got to spend with you was the best. I was..." she began before glancing up at the night sky. [break][break]

"I was in a pretty abusive relationship before this one. After it ended I spent a long while thinking I'd never be able to love myself let alone someone else again. You showed me I could. I appreciate you Danny. More than you could ever know, but..." she paused as she slowly turned back to him. "But I don't think this can continue." [break][break]

The words tasted bitter leaving her lips. "We need to break up." She said again as she mustered up the courage to finally look him in the eye. She offered him a sad but genuine smile. "I love you, but, I haven't been honest with you. You deserve better than that." she paused as she glanced down at the beer she held. "Sorry, for the awful news. I hope you can understand. I didn't know how to tell you."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]

[newclass=.seraboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#5c549c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokesprite]color:#c7adb7; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 7:00:23 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]for whatever reason, danny doesn't just start talking about his day like he would've usually done. he cracks open the beer, raises it to his lips, and takes a moment to simply sip and enjoy both the cold drink and the view in front of him.

fuck, he loves living here.

loves living with her.

he only turns when she gets up from her seat. but nothing could have prepared him for what she says next.

"sorry for what, love?"

for all of it, he's speechless. silent. what could he possibly say?

we need to break up.

he hasn't even made it to a third of his drink.

for a while, all he can do is simply stand there with his gaze lost on the usually beautiful view of mauville. tonight, it's nothing but a nuisance.

"you're still not being honest with me."

he sighs, then drinks.

"why do we need to break up?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:06:06 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

It was silent for a little bit and Serena ended up gripping the bottle so tightly her knuckles turned white. She stared at the ground, biting her lip while she was frozen silent. What was he going to say? Would he yell at her? Berate her? All the things she was used to in her past relationship. She felt small the longer the seconds ticked by with nothing said. "you're still not being honest with me." Danny said with a sigh and she felt a sizeable lump in her throat. [break][break]

"why do we need to break up?" There it was, the million dollar question. [break][break]

Serena clutched the front of her shirt as she snapped her gaze up at him. She opened her mouth to reply but no words came out. Frustrated and flustered she she frowned. How was she supposed to tell him she was a member of a criminal organization like that? "I'm..." she began before shaking her head. "I'm bad for you." That wasn't good enough. "I'm a terrible influence. You have a bright future. And you deserve someone that can support you and won't bring you down. I....I can't do that." Not while she was a member of Rocket anyway. [break][break]

And certainly not when she was publicly outed for being in Rocket. Beyond that she didn't want him to be with her like that. Not because she didn't love him, because she did. But because her hands were dirty. She was a member of a world that Danny just didn't belong. She didn't want to stain him the way she was. Love shouldn't do that. "I'm....sorry."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:10:30 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"you're bad for me?"

he repeats it as if it'd help him make sense of things. it doesn't, not by a long shot.

"you're not a terrible influence. why would you ever think that? you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

shaking his head, he finally turns to look at her, though he remains frozen.

"i love you, serena."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:32:24 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"you're not a terrible influence. why would you ever think that? you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." Tears began to fall down her cheek as she shakes her head. He didn't know and she didn't want to hurt him. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she hurt him. "i love you, serena."[break][break]

"I love you too." she sobbed, "But I can't, we can't" she said as she began to tremble. She needed to tell him, he deserved better and things just wouldn't make much sense otherwise. "I'm....a member of Rocket." she said after a moment of sniffles. "I've done things I'm not proud of. I'm a criminal...in every since of the word." she continues as she stares at the ground. [break][break]

"And soon, Rocket will publicly announce me as one of it's members." She finally looks up at him. "I can't have your name attached to mine when I do. You just got your modeling gig. The tabloids and press will be running amok. You reputation would be ruined and not just yours, your family too. Innocents will be pulled into this mess that don't belong." Serena clenched her hands into fists at her side. [break][break]

"I...I knew this. I knew one day something like this would come. I didn't want to get into deep but...I ended up falling for you hard." she paused and wiped at her eyes as the wind blew her hair in her face. "I never meant to hurt you. I still don't want to hurt you and that's why we need to break up. I'm not going to drag you through all of this just because I want to be with you. I won't destroy your future. You deserve better."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:42:42 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]a member of rocket.

his heart drops.

"oh."

danny barely hears her words, her explanation, as his mind races with thoughts that seem to drown everything else. his breath hitches in his throat as a response and to clear it, he raises his beer to drink, downing a good amount of the beer.

it doesn't help much.

this feeling is unfamiliar and strange and raw —

it's hurt.

"i..."

despite that, he's never been more sure of anything in his life.

"...i deserve you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:20:05 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"...i deserve you." Serena looks up at him with tears still welling up in her eyes. "How can you still say that after hearing what I said?" she asks as she wraps her arms around herself. "You're not understanding." She said softer this time. "I don't want to drag you into this mess. Things are only going to get worse." [break][break]

She took as moment to drink from the bottle before continuing, "You don't know what I've done." She slid to sit against the railing, her back resting against it. "You have a family that loves you. Be with them." she said as she rested her head on her knees.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:31:24 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]where tears well up in her eyes, they flow freely from his. he doesn't make an effort to cover it up; he doesn't even think to.

"i'm already in this mess, sera! i've been in it since the day i met you."

only now does he finally reach a hand up to wipe tears away. it stains across his cheek.

"i don't have to know. i don't want to know. i just know that i want the person i fell in love with."

he's still unable to move, perhaps afraid he'd fall if he does.

"you're my family."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 12:01:41 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"i'm already in this mess, sera! i've been in it since the day i met you." Now they were both crying. What was she supposed to do now? She wanted to protect him. But he was holding on. This was turning out to be extremely harder than she thought it would be. She continued to shake her head, “It’s not the same. You know it’s not the same.” The fact that she was a member of Rocket changed everything. Things that used to be at the table needed to be reevaluated now. Things have changed. [break][break]

"i don't have to know. i don't want to know. i just know that i want the person i fell in love with." He wiped at his cheeks and Serena felt a pain in her chest. “But I’m telling you she’s not around anymore. All you have is me. The fucked up, terrorist.” Harsh words but it was true. While the love they shared was real the Sera he knew was only a reflection. A fragment of a dream, what she wanted her life to be versus what it actually was. She had never once been completely honest with him. She was always living her double life and that wasn’t fair. [break][break]

"you're my family." He said after a second. “Oh Danny,” she said as she wiped at her own eyes. “Do you know what you’re saying? What you’re asking of me?” She wasn’t sure he did. “What about your mother and father? What about your brother? You haven’t spoken to him but you still care, I know you do! I’m nothing compared to that! You can easily find a replacement. Someone good for you. Who won’t lie to you and live a double life. Someone not a criminal. Someone that can love you without putting your family and your livelihood at risk. Someone who’s not a fucking murderer!” She sucked in a sharp breath. [break][break]

There it was. The darkest secret she had now out. She rarely said it made sure to keep it tight lipped and under wraps for obvious reasons. And now she had really done it by telling him. She signed stressfully running her fingers through her hair. “I’m…not who you thought I was. And….I don’t think I can go back to what I was portraying either.” It would just be better off if he moved on. He didn’t need to be stuck to her like this. There were countless other girls who were much better for him than she was. What a wreck Serena was. She was such a sloppy mess. She brought the beer to her lips once more praying it would numb some of these feelings away.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]
+ Me on phone so excuse me if shit sucks

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 20:00:20 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]it's just so frustrating to feel so helpless and lost. he searches for something, anything to ground him. his finger scratches away at the label on the bottle, peeling it off as he continues to listen.

and fuck, is it difficult to.

he sniffs, wiping away more tears.

"i don't—"

he chokes.

"i don't want anybody else—i just want you!"

why is that so hard to understand? danny's always believed that you fight for the people you love. you don't give up on them even if all the odds are against you.

this is love, right?

it's the love he knows.

"just...stay with me, serena, and let me get to know the real you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 1:02:51 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"i don't—" he chokes. "i don't want anybody else—i just want you!" Serena understood, she felt the same way. But life was unfair and she knew better than anyone that you didn't always get to have what you wanted. She was tired, she hadn't slept properly since the Rocket higher ups confirmed with her the plan. Not to mention the Sootopolis takeover was soon. She wasn't even sure she'd make it back unscathed. [break][break]

"just...stay with me, serena, and let me get to know the real you." Serena released a heavy sigh before shaking her head. "You just don't get it." She stared back up at his crying face. "What if something happens to your family? Your friends? Who do you think will be blamed?" Sighing once more she takes another drink from her bottle. "I've seen what happens when someone loses what's important to them. Do you think I'd be able to handle your resentment if it came to that?" She could barely stand hurting him the way she was currently. [break][break]

"Besides, if something happened to you....I'd never forgive myself." she continued. "I'm....I'm not strong enough." her voice faltered and cracked as she offered him a sad smile. "I'm not strong enough. I can't protect you. And if I lose you because I'm weak I'll...." she didn't finish her thought. [break][break]

She'd die before she let something happen to Danny. She knew that, but telling him that and getting him to understand were two totally different things. "The real me?" she scoffed before shaking her head. "And what if you don't like the real me? What then?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]
+ xtra: --

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:35:47 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]serena's right about one thing: danny doesn't get it — at least not in the way he should.

his judgement's clouded and all he can see is what's in front of him, not what lies beyond them.

perhaps he'll never fully understand.

but he understands love.

"i won't resent you, and nothing's going to happen to me. you don't have to protect me, serena, i can keep myself safe."

tears continue to flow.

"if i don't like the real you...then..."

after a shaky breath, he whispers:

"then i'll end things."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Hardest Goodbye [M\C]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 10:06:55 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

Serena didn’t say anything for a moment. For a long moment even. If he wouldn’t give up then this was the best option. He didn’t know what she knew and despite his attempt to reassure her, she just knew better. Rocket was different and it wasn’t meant for the weak of heart. He might not think she needed to protect him, that was fair. She used to think like that too. Her brother’s ominous words returned to her and she realized just how much truth was in those words.[break][break]

Serena was determined to get stronger, if anything she had more reason to get stronger if Danny was going to stay with her. She pressed her lips in a firm line before staring back at him. Her eyes were serious. “Just so you know I wasn’t forced to join Rocket. I joined of my own choice. However, once you join you cannot leave. I hope you understand the gravity of that.” She advised him with a sigh. “Rocket has my loyalty, even if the relationship started out rocky.” She continued to explain. [break][break]

“I have a mission in Sootopolis soon. It’s serious, and I’m not sure what will happen.” With another sigh she got up from where she was sitting and walked a few steps closer to him. “This is your last chance to bail before shit hits the fan. I promise there will be no hard feelings.” She gave him one more opportunity. “I don’t know if I’ll make it back. Or what kind of mental state I’ll be in if I make it back.” She continued as she crossed her arms over her chest. [break][break]

“After the events in Sootopolis, as I said, it’ll be revealed I’m a key member and supporter of Rocket. If…if we’re staying together things will be different.” She looked back at him, biting her lip wondering if she should continue. “You might have to go into hiding. You won’t be able to see your friends and family for a while and—” she sighed deeply shaking her head, “—and you will have to join Rocket. There’s no way they’ll openly believe I didn’t tell you anything.” [break][break]

Serena stared out over the city. It was more to it than what she said but she didn’t want to overwhelm him. She was sure he’d be able to piece most of it together on his own. They might even have to move despite just moving here. Life as they both knew it was about to change. Still, if he was committed to staying then Serena would do everything in her power to keep him safe. At the end of the day she loved Danny and in her opinion the risk of being with her was not worth the reward. But she wouldn’t force him. Not yet anyway. If she deemed it was no longer safe to continue she’d end things with him immediately and not take no for an answer this time.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]
+ xtra: back on mah phone