Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 0:24:48 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
ILL DRINK TA THAT...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
dusk fell over slateport beach, and with it, an array of lights, torches, and more lit the beach. one place in particular, a little tiki bar, was just off the beach. its torches were lit, and quiet music played. when ordering drinks, they came in colorful glasses with small umbrellas. the ambiance was enjoyable, king had to admit, if not a bit over the top.
[break][break]
it was where he'd begin his next battle.
[break][break]
three pokemon already stood on the beach in preparation of the oncoming challenge. most, with the exception of perhaps the octopus, were rearing up for a fight, twitching impatiently.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/GdGBHFB/grimmylong1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 23:05:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Captain Skyler Dross finds herself drawn into the nightly festivities even before the sun has fully disappeared beneath the line of the horizon. Revelry beckons with undeniable allure and the good ol' captain finds herself being willfully dragged along.

By the time she finds the tiki bar, sweat is sticking to her back and forehead. Glitter and seashells peek out from between golden curls, yet when her lopsided grin finds , her lip is noticeably split. Savagery dressed in sun-kissed skin and knife-sharp eyes.

"Been waitin' long?" 

A cocktail soon finds its way to her hand, ridiculously colorful. Skyler slides the little umbrella behind her ear, which only serves to highlight the remnants of blood on her bottom lip. 

Following in her wake, three pokemon approach their opponents on the beach, equally as eager to fight.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 23:33:22 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
when the night descends, so too do the miscreants. tonight would be no exception, it seems.
[break] [break]
the woman approaches the bar, skin sheened in a thin layer of sweat and hair adorned with remnants of the sea. there is something haughty behind her smirk; a deviant just itching to come out. king echoes a grin of his own, lopsided with just the faintest flash of teeth.
[break] [break]
"nothin' a little drink can't fix."
[break] [break]
he takes measure of her, in those few seconds. the bloody lip; callused knuckles; confident swagger. oh this was going to be fun.
[break] [break]
"king."
[break] [break]
he offers a toast, glass to glass. the start of the fight can wait for pleasantries to be exchanged. it wasn't that important.

[break][break]

[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/GdGBHFB/grimmylong1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 7:59:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She smiles at him with all the teeth she has in her mouth, taking his measure at the same time as he takes hers. Sharp lines and a sharper stare, made all the more interesting by the trouble that gleams from behind his eyes.

Skyler Dross has a feeling he's her kind of person.

Glasses clink together, and the captain finds herself emptying the sugary drink. Her eyes narrow slightly at the taste, though the burn left in its wake is enough for her to guess at the strong alcoholic content.

A motion of her hand, and two other cocktails appear before them, glinting in shades of deep blue.

"Skyler Dross, ship captain and treasure hunter," the introduction slips easily from her mouth, worn smooth by the countless times she's said it. A hand reaches forward for a handshake, scarred and calloused. The way she smiles, lip bloodied, makes it look like a challenge.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:16:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"quite a title 'ere. nothin' ta rival that on my end, i'm afraid."
[break] [break]
he takes her hand, feeling the coarse skin in his own. she was every bit a woman of action, as he was a man of one. her smile is echoed by a crooked grin of his own. then, he reaches for the cocktail that resembled, faintly, the deep ocean.
[break] [break]
hm.
[break] [break]
"ye don't strike me as a lightweight, skyler, ship captain and treasure hunter. at least —— i hope yer not."

[break] [break]
throwing back the mixture of sugar and liquor left the turncoat wanting. the bartender would be very busy.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:34:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"What's a ship captain to a king?" She hides her taunting grin behind the rim of a cocktail glass, knocking back the drink easily. And although the sugar is new, the burn that follows feels all the more satisfying.

Down at the beach, Skyler's pokemon growl out what might've been threats. It draws Captain Dross's silvery gaze, though she doesn't seem all too concerned by whatever's happening. When Hook, her Reuniclus, throws the first (FIRE) punch, she's already turned back to King.

Another round is set on the counter for them - not cocktails this time, but shots. They're equally neon, and at least two of them are on fire.

"Better live up to your name, King."

And with a chin tilted in challenge, Skyler Dross downs the first one.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:42:21 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"mm, ye make a good point. why captain one ship, when ye can control hundreds?
[break] [break]
he laughs, appreciating the imagery. the rest of the cocktail blue is downed and he places the glass on the wooden counter. blues follow skyler's own, and watches with interest as FIRE PUNCH is countered by luc's own. he couldn't spare the mind to keep following it, however.
[break] [break]
instead, his gaze drops to the clear challenge before him.
[break] [break]
"oh, ye don't know what yer startin'. there's still time ta back out, ye know —— 'fore this gets ta ugly, that is."
[break] [break]
there's no hesitation as he downs the first, and then a second, behind a shit-eating grin.
[break] [break]
life sucks, then you die. at least, that's what his mother always told him. so why the fuck not, right?
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:14:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
A rough bark of laughter follows King's statement as he takes his shots, one by one. Sharp silver follows his motions, unapologetically drawing up the curve of his neck as he knocks back the last shot.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." A calloused finger dances around the rim of a shot glass, playing with the flames that lick at her digits. There's temptation there, to leave her finger for a second too long just to feel the burn. It'a reflected in bright silver, flickering with a dangerous pull.

Then she's grabbing hold of the shot glass and knocking it back like nothing ever happened, along with two more in quick sucession.

"To me," she says in a whisper, leaning precariously in the man's direction, "it's the challenge that makes it worthwhile." Her smile is sharp, inviting trouble like a lighthouse would sailors. "So, will you make it worth my while? King." Somehow, she makes his name sound like a taunt.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:30:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"mm, that depends on yer definition of bad. drinkin' with me usually gets ye in trouble."
[break][break]
the sounds of battle drown out as he focuses on her, eyes falling back again to the cut on her lip, and the beads of sweat on her brow. all signs of a weathered woman. he liked weathered women. even if this one was... dangerous, to say the least.
[break][break]
"the challenge, eh?"
[break][break]
he recalls the hundreds, no—— thousands of bets he's made over the years. and the shit he had to do to resolve 'em.
[break][break]
his grin splits into something ravenous. her movements are echoed as he tosses shot, after shot back. bitter curls his tongue, and mouth waters in defense of what it expects soon-to-be vomit. it never comes.
[break][break]
"well, captain, whut'ya say we up the ante a bit? place a bet. or two."
[break][break]
or three.
[break][break]
"then, maybe ye can make it worth my while."

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 21:26:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The laughter that King manages to drag from her throat defies the warning in his words - whether it's a warning or an invitation doesn't matter. Skyler finds herself drawn in the same way she does the fires that had licked at her fingers or the ocean storms that blow in the distance, beckoning.

She recognizes the flicker in his eyes, adds to it with a mischievous tilt of her head and her own lopsided grin. She knows this game all too well, basks in that limit between wild and uncivil. A casual grip slides a flaming shot over to King, heat spreading from her fingertips to the flames that flicker in silver. "Bottom's up, tough guy. Before the alcohol burns away."

At the beach growls and yowls rise up above the crashing of ocean waves, but Skyler barely pays it any attention. Confidence and foolishness blur into a pleasant alcoholic haze. Her gaze, however, pierces with sudden, sharp interest.

"Watcha got in mind?"

I'm in.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 15:22:53 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
in the face of her continued challenges, king rises to meet each and every one of them. true to his name, the sweltering pride inside of him refuses to back down, or bend. his eyes remain locked on hers, as he downs the flaming shot wordlessly; the heat in her gaze more enticing than the flame-lit drink.
[break] [break]
he turns his head beneath her piecing stare, eyes flickering to land on the battle between lucario, and blaziken. both were exhausted, and seemingly near the end of their ropes.
[break] [break]
"let's start simple, ye? i'll bet my blaziken beats yer lucario."
[break] [break]
a confident grin widens as he turns towards her again.
[break] [break]
"loser downs five shots of the winners choosin'. sound like a plan?"
[break] [break]
tiki torches reflect in the blues of his eye, matching his fiery resolve. tonight was 'bout to get messy.
[break] [break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break]
pD08WtH5
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 18:06:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler's slump against the counter is deceptively casual, and quickly betrayed by the intensity with which she follows the cadence of King's voice. Trouble beckons at the tip of his tongue and in the curve of his grin, angled sharply to snatch her attention.

"D'you know of a drink called the Bonnie Wench?" She leans forward to emphasize her words, for a brief moment remembering her wild night of drinking with one  . Her scallywag. "Fishermen's local drink. Smells like a Mudbray's ass, tastes even worse." Cheeks flushed, the captain looks comically proud of her description.

Silver eyes slide to the on-going battle taking place on the nearby stretch of beach, taking in Lucario's state before coming back to focus on King. 

"You better hope your crispy chicken nugget is up for the challenge." Her shit-eating grin is halfway hidden behind the rim of a cocktail glass she's shamelessly swiped from the drunken person behind her. 

No shouts or outraged cries follow her action, and her grin grows devilish. Matching the trouble in King's own, pushing him to up the ante.

This was well on the way to becoming a fantastic disaster.

pv5OFbRH

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 19:20:56 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"bonnie wench?"
[break] [break]
he repeats, mulling it over as he does. the name didn't ring any bells, but the description was sure apt. it sounded like something he would hate.
[break] [break]
that just made him want it even more.
[break] [break]
the beauty of most battles was the tense, gut-wrenching pressure of not making a mistake. this one was no different. they sized each other up and responded eagerly to one another's blows. he could see the frustration in luc's eyes, but what was most visible, was the lack of self confidence. in the end, it was his undoing.
[break] [break]
"looks like that bet is yers."
[break] [break]
his disappointment is a fleeting thought, and none at all directed at the fact he had lost the bet. a heavy, liquor leaded gaze eyes the bartender.
[break] [break]
"i guess i'll be takin' five of these wenches, then."
[break] [break]
a chuckle slips through the lopsided grin, and his eyes once fall on skyler. unafraid to wander slightly, as they do.
[break] [break]
"well, cap'n, care to give us our next wager?"

[break][break]

[break]

[break]
ecXZTy78
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 20:33:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The look of sheer horror on the barkeep's face proves enough to fuel the slightly sadistic gleam in the captain's eyes. It only grows when the Bonnie Wenches are all but slammed down onto the countertop between them. To be fair, the smell arrives first, a fetid stench that pulls a few complaints from nearby patrons.

Mudbray's ass indeed.

If Skyler feels nauseous or bothered by the perfume of sewage and seawater that drifts into her nostrils, she doesn't show it. Then again, half of her face is all but shoved into her cocktail - perhaps on purpose. She gestures to the unapetizing drinks with a chin tilt, an eyebrow quirked up as if to say 'well?'.

"See that Reuniclus? That's Hook." The psychic type in question is trying to smash a dodging Grapploct with its massive arms. Usually this would be an easy win, type-wise, but...

"He doesn't know any psychic moves." Skyler slides closer to King, a warm shoulder leaning into his. "He's a pugilist at heart, you see. Takes after me." She'd actually taught him a few moves from her time spent in underground fighting pits. 

And indeed, were one to look they'd be able to notice that Hook was only doing that - punching

"Bet he can kick your Grapploct's ass in one go." The way the good ol' captain says it seems to imply that, should the two of them go up against each other, she'd probably come out on top. "And I could kick yours."

A drink sloshes in her hand, spilling a few of its content onto Skyler's lap. She doesn't seem to notice - or care.

"Pick your poison, your majesty." 

7wJtn|U9

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
skyler vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 21:36:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"ye, smells like shit alrigh'"
[break] [break]
there's a quick, momentary grimace, as it hits him. an involuntary reaction to something that defied senses. still, he picked up one, and without a thought, downs it.
[break] [break]
fuck it was terrible.
[break] [break]
mouth salivates in preparation for what it thinks is the inevitable bile. and while some does crawl up his throat, his pride crushes it flat.
[break] [break]
"tastes like it ta."
[break] [break]
he would rise, and overcome each challenge thrown in his path. like a king ascending to the throne, all would fall beneath him.
[break] [break]
as she talks, and directs his attention to the fight, he continues downing the foul liquor. her voice had a way of pulling him in, inviting him to listen; it was one he gladly accepted. her movement goes without mention, though her scent helps wash away the alcohol. it's strange, like a mixture of the ocean and sunscreen. he couldn't really place it, himself.
[break] [break]
"ye taught that good for nothin' inflatable just to punch, huh? i like it."
[break] [break]
his grin is audible, and drowns it with the last of the alcohol. he'd regret that later. maybe.
[break] [break]
"i'll take ye on that. i know a pretty mean drink myself, if ye think ye got the guts fer it."
[break] [break]
taking out his phone, he jots down a few notes and gives it to the bartender. the face he makes was equal parts curiosity, and disgust.
[break] [break]
"we called it the safehouse. find yerself holed up in one of those god feraken hell holes, ye kinda just... threw shit tagether. we found one in particular that really tested yer meddle."
[break] [break] 
while skyler's tasted and smelled disgusting, the concoction that hit the bar was one of the worst looking things ever witnessed in a shot glass. color combinations that had no business together, along with an almost oil-like slickness that crested the top. king grinned at the sight, relieving memories that he'd never experience again.
[break] [break] 
"hope yer thirsty."
[break] [break] 
but when she challenges him, the fire in his gaze becomes a roaring blaze. he leans further into her, chuckling simply once.
[break] [break]
"ye think ye can take me? i'm not too sure about that. ye look like ye can go a few rounds but... i think i'd out last ye."
[break] [break]
below, on the beachhead, their bet comes to its conclusion.

[break][break]

[break]

[break]
3jZldStS