Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:59:39 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","vic-poke"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

This was the arena where massacres happened. The arena where three of his pokémon had (temporarily) bitten the metaphorical dust thanks to some silly red rubber balls. This was where Vic had tasted bitter defeat at the hands of a dear friend of his…
[break][break]
This was dodgeball, because of course he couldn’t get enough of it.
[break][break]
It could be said that his inner middle school jock who was way too good at surviving at this sort of game had a bone to pick, and it was time for Vic to seek revenge for both himself and his team!
[break][break]
So, there he stood: at one side of the arena with a whole bunch of dragon pokémon around him, a red ball being casually juggled from foot to foot as if this were soccer while he waited for the game to begin.
[break][break]
And he smiled, because while this may have been about redemption, there’s no denying that he also thought it would be really heckin’ fun...

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | Sorry this starter's a mess LOL
[break][break]RULES:
[break]Pokémon must FAINT dramatically upon being hit
[break]They can dodge/block/catch the ball, status effects and such can still apply if ball is caught ♡

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:11px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic #line"]border-top:1px solid #eee[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img:hover"]background:#fee7e9;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:500]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:55:11 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo was pretty good at sports, and dodgeball was no exception. His Pokemon, however? They’d yet to play, and only time would tell.

They all stood around him—an odd, mismatched crew of competitors, built of a selection which might’ve mystify onlookers. Bo had chosen them at random, really. It was who he’d brought, and this was more for fun than anything.

Vic’s grin was matched, and he called out, “Ya ready?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 12:47:55 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Hell yeah!”
[break][break]
With these words, the match began, Vic kicking the ball he had been juggling up to his hands and then tossing it… straight up instead of forward towards their opponents?
[break][break]
Don’t worry, he had a plan!
[break][break]
”Taffy, start us off!” He called, beaming as the ball continued its upwards trajectory, and in response, a bored-looking Dragapult watched it, lazingly rolling around in the air to adjust his position before shooting two fearless Dreepy towards it.
[break][break]
The Dreepy redirected the ball, and like two little crazy heat-seeking missiles, they headed straight at an unlucky member of Boruta’s team, planning to explode upon impact.
[break][break]
Don’t worry though, they would be fine, but not too sure we can say the same about the pokémon or the dodge ball the DRAGON DARTS pushed forward.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | You choose which mon and if they're hit or catch hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:11px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 4:21:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

Bo watched as the bill was thrown straight into the air, figuring the bat would come next. Taffy the Dragapult seemed barely enthused to be there, and Bo found it a little bit amusing. “Heh.”

Dreepy launched, sailing with a ball towards them.

Armaldo was hit, while being distracted by another of its team members. It gave a cry, and crumbled from the ball. Why were these things so painful and heavy?

Bo’s eyebrows raised, realizing the danger of the game.

Armaldo keeled over, FAINTED.

Looking back up with shocked gold eyes, assessing the confidence of his team. They all still seemed into it and ready to go. What masochists. Bo pointed again, commanding their next shot like a general to potential slaughter.

“Go get ‘em, guys!”

Aurorus took the first stand, using ROCK THROW to hoist the ball up with several boulders and send it flying towards their opponents.

Meanwhile, off to the side, Swalot SWALLOWED its ball.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:16:01 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Talk about an intense match!
[break][break]
Rocks were thrown into the air to accompany the ever threatening red ball, and for a moment, Vic was sure half his team was about to get hit by the attack because some of them sure made for easy targets.
[break][break]
”Avoid the rocks!” He told them, but while many of his pokémon were limber and fast, in Dragalge’s case this usually only applied to when being in water. Obviously, she wasn’t in the water.
[break][break]
Rocks hit the Mock Kelp Pokémon and she winced, falling from where she had been idly floating and flopping around in the sand like a giant fish out of water (since that’s what she was, wasn’t she?). And as if to seal the deal, a ball bounced right off her head, causing her to FAINT.
[break][break]
Vic sighed, saddened by having lost a teammate so fast, but quickly returning his attention to the match.
[break][break]
”Just keep going, everyone! We got this!”
[break][break]
This time, it was the powerful winds of a HURRICANE that rose to carry a few balls towards the other team, courtesy of a proud Dragonite that flew above everyone else in the arena.
[break][break]
Sorry, he really had 0 chill

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 1 POKÉMON

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 11:10:55 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
A HURRICANE swirled, and Bo watched as the winds gradually began to drag off his poor Anorith. Seeing that it would soon be blown away entirely if he didn’t act quickly, Bo reached out with a pokeball—however, he was too late. A ball went flying and crushed it, and when it rolled away, his shrimp lied there motionless, FAINTED.

“Shit! Anorith!”

He ran over, picking the fallen up into his arms and returning it to its ball, looking sort of guilty as he did so.

Now, they needed vengeance.

DURANT used AGILITY to evade. Munchlax used DEFENSE CURL and rolled out of the way, just in time.

Aurorus, apparently deciding to play dirty, sent a THUNDER WAVE towards their opponents, hoping to render them static targets.

Swalot used STOCKPILE. In other words, it just sat there.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 22:42:38 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Seeing a Anorith being dragged off by a Hurricane sure was something else, huh? But that’s just HST Dodgeball for you, and it’s probably only going to get weirder and weirder from here…
[break][break]
Thunder Wave! That was a good one! Vic was kind of impressed… except that the damn thing had like 100% accuracy and it paralyzed everything in its way. He jumped to the sand in order to get out of the way, and most of his pokémon, fast as they were, were able to avoid it just fine. Altaria and Vibrava though? Not so fast. They were left there: falling from the skies, paralyzed. Sitting ducks.
[break][break]
Or... more like sitting dragons, right?
[break][break]
A ball flew their way, bouncing off the Vibrava and sending her spinning through the air until she crash landed metres away. Yep, she totally FAINTED. Again. She had evolved and Dodgeball still granted her the same cruel fate.
[break][break]
”JUJUBE!”
[break][break]
There was nothing that could be done. He called her back to her pokéball, his gaze then setting on his Hydreigon as he threw a ball up at her. ”Your turn, Skor!”
[break][break]
He grabbed two more balls from his other pokéball and threw them as well, the Hydreigon’s three heads charging them with TRI ATTACK and sending them the other team’s way.
[break][break]
Each had a chance to paralyze, freeze, or burn. We love a surprise!

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 2 POKÉMON

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:32:23 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
They watched the Vibrava spin out. Another one taken by the cruel wrath of HST.

TRI ATTACK was sent their way, and delivered a FREEZE to poor Durant—this was the second time this week that ice would be its downfall. What a bitch. The bug sat there, cold in his steel, but thankfully melting under the sun.

On the other hand, Munchlax was PARALYZED, and there was no getting out of that one.

Aurorus had avoided the balls with another ROCK THROW. Feeling the heavy pressure of being the only teammate still able to move, when tossed a few balls, she launched a HYPER BEAM to send them careening towards the other side.

Bo watched, a bit mortified as it ripped through the sand down the beach hazardously.

“Woah! No more of that!”

Aurorus roared. Bo assessed the other team from afar, glancing at Vic. “Our bad!”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:27:39 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Damn, how are Vic and Bo going to pay for these damages on their ranger wages? Maybe they could just cover it in sand and hope no one would realize...
[break][break]
”Holy s–” No time to finish cursing when trying to avoid a HYPER BEAM headed straight his way, Vic’s Dragapult thankfully having been quick to grab him by the back of his shirt and pull him up, out of harm’s way. ”Thanks, bud! Good save!”
[break][break]
Yet, once safely back on the ground, he couldn’t help but laugh. ”Uhmm… I think we may be getting kinda out of hand here, huh?”
[break][break]
Talk about the understatement of the century.
[break][break]
As if to match his words, his Dragonite scoffed, using an AQUA TAIL to smack a ball and send it flying through the air at top speed, straight towards Bo’s Swalot.
[break][break]
Vic was yet to realized that the PARALYZED Altaria hadn't been so lucky, and that with no way to avoid the attack, he now laid unconscious on the sand.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 3 POKÉMON

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:47:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo’s hand when up to scratch his head a little. “Yeah, man; sorry about that! She just got a little excited, I think!”

Aurorus roared again, moving about in anticipation of an incoming assault, and still nervous about being the only one on the team who could.

Alas, Swalot was hit, and as it was, the ball it had swallowed was pushed from its stomach and launched flying back towards the Dragonite.

Swalot, unfortunately, keeled over, FAINTED. It would likely have a belly ache when it was revived. Poor Swalot.

It was returned to its ball.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 2:36:46 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Nah, dude, it’s fine! That’s just how the game goes, right?” Vic grinned, because it was true: as long as no one got actually seriously hurt, anything was fair game in his book.
[break][break]
Then again, didn’t pokémon fainting left and right count as them getting hurt?
[break][break]
Eh… We can ignore that part today.
[break][break]
What we can’t ignore, however, is the sheer lack of sportsmanship displayed by Vic’s Dragonite.
[break][break]
This was the second time they played dodgeball, and just as he had done when they had faced , Pez’s reaction when seeing a ball heading directly for him was this: to use one of his teammates as a human (dragon?) shield. This time, it was the Hydreigon, and mercilessly so, he grabbed the poor three-headed dragon by her tail, hurling her towards the oncoming ball with incredible strength and effectively shielding himself. He huffed, almost as if saying: ’Please, you think I’ll be taken down by a stupid Swalot?’
[break][break]
And the Hydreigon? Between being thrown through the skies and having the ball hit her middle head (that was the good one!), she lost all control, spinning in the air and ending up crash landing on the other side of the arena, FAINTED.
[break][break]
”Pez! My dude! What have I said about doing stuff like that? Not cool, bud! Come on!” With a defeated sigh, Vic called both the Hydreigon and Altaria back to their pokéballs.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, it was as if the Dragapult hadn’t been paying attention to any of this, and with a yawn, he used a HEX to send a ball flying towards the other team.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 4 POKÉMON

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 2:55:25 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Ooh.

Bo watched the Hydreigon get hurled off to the side by its teammate. Not very nice.

Dragapult’s HEX sent the ball towards them, and Munchlax ROLLedOUT of the way—and the ball sailed past it to knock Durant right in the head, rendering it FAINTED in the sand.

Shit. Down to two. This was a really close game.

Aurorus used ROCK THROW to propel a ball back towards them desperately.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:05:53 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Damn, they were cutting it pretty close, huh?
[break][break]
Too bad for Vic that his Dragapult was starting to get bored of this game even with all the action going on around him. He was weird like that. It got him distracted and, almost as if he had forgotten if he had faded back into his immaterial ghost form or not, he just didn’t get out of the way when the Aurorus sent a ball towards their side with a ROCK THROW.
[break][break]
”TAFFY?!”
[break][break]
Yeah, Vic, kiss your dear Dragapult goodbye, because the ball hit right on his chest, and the pokémon was left staring down at himself as if it took him a couple of seconds to process what had just happened. Once those seconds were over though, he twirled dramatically in the air, flopping down to the ground with his eyes shut. Had he FAINTED or was he just pretending to get out of the match?! Let’s go with the former, since either way he was out now.
[break][break]
”Ah… Guess it’s you and me now, Pez!”
[break][break]
That was fine by the Dragonite! He didn’t need any of them! And, of course he decided to prove it by invoking yet another HURRICANE, more than one ball being sent Bo’s way.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 5 POKÉMON

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:19:30 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Who named a Dragapult Taffy? He supposed, actually, maybe with the bright blue down the tail… Why did it look like food now? Weird.

He watched in amusement at the Dragapult’s theatrical display, twirling in the salty breeze—which shortly be whipped up into a HURRICANE—and then floating to the ground. They were out five, now. It was still an incredibly close match.

Then, the winds sent a ball right towards Aurorus’s head, and she toppled over with a startled and pained roar. She did not get back up. FAINTED. Son of a bitch.

Last man standing (or rolling) Munchlax stared wearily up at the Dragonite in the sky, and used METRONOME.

< rolled a metronome rng >

A powerful FLAME BURST was sent into the sky towards the dragon, a heavy ball pushed by ahead by the force of it.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Bo [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:44:44 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Taffy was an excellent name for a Dragapult, thank you very much! (Yes, it was totally the tail though, Bo got that right)
[break][break]
One versus one.
[break][break]
Dragonite versus Munchlax.
[break][break]
Battle of the titans?
[break][break]
Not quite.
[break][break]
Vic could do no more than take a step back when flames were suddenly shot at the Dragonite, making sure to step out of harm's way while the dragon… well, the dragon wasn’t so lucky. The attack came faster than expected, leaving him no time to dodge with all these rampant winds around him. The ball hit him right in the face, followed by flames, and partly out of pain and partly out of sheer shock, he stopped flying.
[break][break]
Down he went, FAINTING as well.
[break][break]
And that was it, folks, the match was over – Vic being left as the last man standing on his side of the arena.
[break][break]
Despite that, he laughed. ”Man… That was fun! Good match!”

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | FAINT COUNT: 6 POKÉMON
[break]BO WINS!

[attr="class","bottom"]