part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
conserve, don't trash [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 10:28:07 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","carolinefoster1"]

A bright blue sky dappled in clouds gazed down on sparkling beach and the soft waves that lapped upon it. Upon those waves, hooked securely to a wooden half-bridge sticking out across the ocean, rocked a moderately sized boat. And upon this boat, stood a girl with eyes shielded behind dark sunglasses and clad in a modest one piece swimsuit who stood staring across the beach's glimmering sparkles. [break][break]

Waiting.[break][break]

Off in the distance, dots of pink speckled the ocean's surface as the herd of Corsola continued their travels in migratory fashion. A Kingdra bobbed in the ocean near them, her gaze alternating between the rocking boat and the herd of Pokemon. Hopefully, their companion in travel would be arriving soon so they could depart and guard the migrating creatures. [break][break]

[break][break]

+ short and sweet {CORSOLA CONSERVATION}

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e63e73;[/newclass]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1 b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 11:25:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
rory's not usually one to sail but exceptions can be made for something as important as this.

"hey! sorry to keep you waiting."

stepping onto the boat, he offers his partner a friendly smile and a wave, then does the same to the kingdra in the water.

"what did i miss?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 6:17:29 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

Caroline waved a hand to dismiss the man's apology and returned his smile as he stepped onto the boat. "No worries, the weather's perfect for a day on the ocean."[break][break]

A man off-deck was detaching the boat from it's secured post, while another man in a baseball cap was pulling levers and beginning to turn the wheel at the front of the boat. Caroline sure didn't know how to drive a boat, and she wasn't about to crash some expensive borrowed property.[break][break]

"You hadn't missed a thing yet. The Corsola have just started moving on to the next route and my Kingdra's out there helping any of the stragglers. So far, seems like pretty smooth sailing, don't you think?" [break][break]

[break][break]

+ {CORSOLA CONSERVATION}

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e63e73;[/newclass]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1 a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.carolinefoster1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:20:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
they would've been fine even without the man in a baseball cap. rory's more than familiar with boats, having spent most summers of his childhood out at sea, sailing.

"definitely seems like it! let's hope it stays that way."

smiling, rory takes a seat, setting a backpack down in front of him. it's only then that he looks back up at her, extending a hand towards her after.

"oh, my bad. i'm rory."

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:57:29 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

The boat began to rock as it picked up speed and pulled away from the shore. The features of the Corsola slowly became more clear as they got closer, surely taking their sweet time in migration. [break][break]

"You and me both." Caroline agreed, still standing as she accepted out-stretched hand. "Just call me Caroline. The Kingdra out there trying to herd Corsola like Wooloo is Lady Cecilia. You got any water-types that could help her out?" [break][break]

Not that she thought Lady Cecilia needed any help. The Kingdra was surprisingly and perfectly capable of handling herself out in the ocean.

[break][break]

[newclass=.carolinefoster1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ba362d;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 12:17:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i don't, sadly. to be honest i'm not the best partner for the job. i'm just here in case someone gets hurt, really."

all he has on him are a few fairy-types that unfortunately are of little use in this situation. they're good at protecting and healing, not so much herding.

"how long have you been doing this? you seem really experienced."

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 9:44:10 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh, looks like we'll be fine, then. Cece can protect and you can... heal? Although hopefully we won't need to worry about any of that. Things seem pretty calm on the ocean right now."[break][break]

Not that she didn't already have a Pokemon capable of healing on her. As a professional in rehabilitation, she'd be a fool to go anywhere without a healer. Besides, Lady Cecilia was just as capable of caring for herself without the need for a healer. Caroline had never met a Pokemon more devoted to waterguarding than this.[break][break]

"You could say I've been doing this since before I could talk." Caroline responded, "But, professionally, for a long time. Ten years? I did a lot of work abroad, though, so I haven't accomplished as much here in Hoenn." She sounded almost... bitter as her words concluded.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 13:35:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"that sounds like a plan."

the ocean does seem pretty calm, which helps put him at ease. he looks off to his left and watches how the docks grow smaller in the distance.

"ten years is definitely a long time."

abroad?

"where?"

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:49:07 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

A dark shadow moved quickly beneath the gentle waves beneath their point, something pointed emerging for a mere second before fading away. It was unnoticed by Caroline, who had taken that exact moment to glance at Rory. They weren't far from the Corsolas' migratory target.[break][break]

"Kanto." She responded. Something rocked the boat, but Caroline chalked it up to the movement of a wave. "Way back when Team Rocket was causing a fuss and a mess over there. I don't have as much time to do that here because I'm always making trips home to help my parents."[break][break]

Her father always took over when she wasn't home, but the guilt of leaving so many training duties to him often had her making weekly and monthly trips home for extended time periods.[break][break]

"You ever been there? Kanto?"

[break][break]

tag + [break]
note + ---

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 10:37:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the dark shadow is missed by rory, too, as his attention remains on their pleasant conversation. well, pleasant until kanto's mentioned.

he shakes his head.

"no, but i'd like to someday."

the boat rocks again but he chalks it up to the waves.

"they've made some advancements in medicine and it's awfully hard to communicate with them about it, even now."

sometimes things just get done much better and faster in person.

"no time to, though, as the hospital keeps me busy as is."

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 12:35:32 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

"Advancements in medicine? Hospital? Are you a doctor?" Caroline questioned with a tilt of her head, but just as the final word slipped from her mouth, a sudden commotion shook waves across the ocean. A massive Sharpedo burst from beneath the surface and grasped one of the Corsola in its jaws.[break][break]

Cece acted before Caroline could get the next words out of her mouth, darting beneath the water in fast pursuit as the other Corsola scattered. Caroline gripped the side banister of the boat. "Oh hell naw, I've never seen a Sharpedo that huge."

[break][break]

tag + [break]
note + ---

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 14:32:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
something draws his attention away before he could respond. his eyes widen at the sight of a massive sharpedo, but like a seasoned doctor, he doesn't panic in the face of danger.

"that is a huge sharpedo."

he reaches for a pokeball in his pocket, calling out his sylveon who perches on the side of the boat.

"we need your help, cotton candy."

nodidng, the sylveon sends a HELPING HAND through the water, aiding kingdra in whatever it attempts to do.

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 23:25:29 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

If Caroline hadn't been distracted by the sudden war, she most definitely would have commented on the adorable Cotton Candy name. As it was, her attention was solely focused to the settling waves where her Kingdra had dove beneath the surface. [break][break]

Suddenly, the ocean explodes in a shock of energy as the Sharpedo is launched into the sky by a shimmering purple breath. Lady Cecilia had used DRAGON BREATH and, aided by Cotton Candy's helping hand, it had dealt some serious damage to the Sharpedo. It fell back to the ocean surface with a belly-aching slap[. Cece didn't wait for the dazed Sharpedo to find its bearings, forcefully bumping into the shark again and again. [break][break]

"Wow, I'm shocked." Caroline stared across the waves and then to Rory, "I knew she was a good guard, but I've never seen her get so protective. I feel like dead weight just standing here." She let out a short laugh.[break][break]

Caroline had expected the battle to last longer than the few minutes it did, but it was only a matter of time before the Sharpedo fled and Cece was circling the wounded Corsola and gathering up the scattered migrators. The big scare was hardly more than a light inconvenience.

[break][break]

tag + [break]
note + ---

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 8:33:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory returns the laugh, nodding in agreement.

"i feel like we're not even needed here."

that's not entirely true, of course, but the thought is still entertaining to consider.

soon, the sharpedo flees, leaving them safe and sound.

"good job! that was...easy."

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 7:30:53 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah. Easy." Up ahead, she can see the migratory destination of the Corsola. It seems like their travels would be, for the most part, uneventful and safe. Even the Corsola attacked by the Sharpedo seemed relatively unphased by the Sharpedo. "Seems like we're almost done." She turned and leaned against the banister of the boat.[break][break]

She suddenly remembers her unanswered question from earlier. "Oh, you mentioned some advancements in medicine and other things. Do you work as a doctor?" She might as well get an answer before their boat docked on the approaching shore.

[break][break]

tag + [break]
note + ---