1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 23:34:52 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo had run into more of Team Rocket that day than he would have ever suspected—but he had suspected some of them. He knew some of them, and so he watched their interactions. He watched how they battled.

Maybe he never knew, but Bo had an edge on picking them out, because he’d been one of them.

He eyed King from across the field, almost warily. Having been on the sidelines for a couple of battles, he’d gathered a couple of clues for himself. Not that he’d ever use them. Bo steered far clear of altercations with Team Rocket, because of and his father. And , even—wherever the fuck he was.

“I’ve been watchin’.” He called over. “I know you won’t make this easy on us. We're counting on it.”

He’d chosen to send out Golem. She roared and stamped her foot in the sand, ready for combat. She'd won him 's badge, already. Anyone who knew Bo and his favored pokemon would know it was his big move.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:00:56 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
arceus, how many battles was this? he sighs, but drudges forward anyways.
[break][break]
"ye? see the spat with the girl on my shoulder, then? y'know women, eh?"
[break][break]
that'd annoy the shit out'er.
[break][break]
"yer go."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xHHkY09/grimmylong.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:37:25 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo’s brow sunk a bit. So, this guy was an asshole. He hadn’t seen, but he’d heard. He was sure he’d see later, on someone’s phone maybe.

People were crazy.

“Uhhh… yeah. Didn’t see it, no.”

“Set it up.”

Golem’s eyes glowed with power, and rocks of all shapes and sizes rose from the depths of the sand. Some scattered about around the Incineroar, and others floated to form a STEALTH ROCK trap.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:36:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he recognizes the signs of another mans hostility. it slides a chuckle up from his throat.
[break][break]
"ya, ya. go get 'em."
[break][break]
the cat races across the distance, legs and thighs cutting themselves against the STEALTH ROCK. he gives an oppressive, SCARY FACE, before aiming a DOUBLE KICK in the form of a dropkick.

[break][break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xHHkY09/grimmylong.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:53:20 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The Incineroar’s running straight into the obstacles as though they were nothing was a tell-tale sign that they were about to be in for a good match. Staying put would have only left the cat more vulnerable, and they’d wasted no time in freeing from the jagged rocks of their trap.

As Golem turned to roll out of the way, the cat’s SCARY FACE slowed her down, and she was hit with the DOUBLE KICK full-on, crumbling rock and sending her stumbling back a couple of steps.

“Shake it off, girl!”

The close range was perfect. She did just that. A thrashing DOUBLE-EDGE went towards the cat in hopes to blow it back with an explosive, bright burst of energy. The RECOIL knocked her back as well.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 4:08:45 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
recovering from the drop-kick was less than impressive to watch. having given the rock-type the full brunt of his power, he fell quickly, and ungracefully, to the ground, catching himself on powerful wrists. standing, kyn brushes the dirt from his coat and turns his attention back onto the golem.
[break][break]
only, it had taken its recovery more serious, and was already in the midst of a heavy blow.
[break][break]
the DOUBLE-EDGE lands dead center, the blow to his gut forcing air out of his lungs. deep grooves form into the sand beneath him as he's pushed back.
[break][break]
"respond."
[break][break]
even though he sucked air as if it was through a straw, kyn retaliates with a full-bodied shoulder charge, FLARE BLITZ consuming his bodies in an aura of flame.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 14:37:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
In the end, it was the cat’s sheer bulk that did most of the damage this round. The FLARE BLITZ wasn’t very effective against Golem’s rocky body, and she easily shook it off again--however, did find that she was BURNED, and could not shake the heat.

She carried on, despite it.

Now, they were close a second time. Capitalizing, she rolled over with a BULLDOZE.

Bo watched silently, glancing to King again for the briefest moment. Where was the strategy?

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 20:50:22 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the super-effective move sends the cat rearing backwards, struggling to gain footing. flames licked the rock-types hard exterior, but dissipated into ambers with little to show for it.
[break][break]
"respond."
[break][break]
again, the cat pushes past the pain, and starts into a headlong charge towards the golem. as he does, his body begins to spin, hands alight in flames, as a tornado of crackling reds, yellows, and oddly enough, blacks decend upon the golem. the DARKEST LARIAT aiming to ruin this things day.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:08:07 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo hadn’t seen this move before, and watched carefully. Golem reacted similarly at the oncoming swirl of colors—confusing, but, she knew not to stare too long. It was coming straight for her.

Instead, she withdrew into a DEFENSE CURL, turtle-like extremities withdrawing into her rocky body like a tortoise’s shell. On impact, she still took a heavy amount of damage. Stone broke off in pieces, and she rolled away, pushed by the force of both swinging arms.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:03:09 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
coming to a slow, manageable stop, kyn breathes heavily. a smug grin stains his toothy maw, as the pride of chipping away the golem's stony exterior fills him. a little more work, and he'd reduce this glorified boulder to rubble.
[break][break]
not one to let up on the pressure, he embraces the heat of battle and continues his assault, another DARKEST LARIAT bares down upon the golem.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 4:08:19 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo watched silently. Any of his other pokemon, he might’ve commanded them to get out. The opponent had closed in. It was never a good sign when they settled into the same move. It meant it was working too well.

But Golem had things under control, and he knew it.

The Incineroar’s DARKEST LARIAT hit again, leaving the Golem literally crumbling at the edges, but she wouldn’t stay down put to be beat into her demise. Instead, she retaliated suddenly, body and eyes glowing with earthy energy as large boulders arose from the ground.

A SUPER-EFFECTIVE ROCK THROW would seek to knock back the cat’s assault and damage it further.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 13:56:31 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
massive boulders, empowered through guts and determination, slam into kyn's side mere seconds after making contact with the golem. he's defenseless to stop them, and he finds himself knocked backwards, rolling into the sand.
[break][break]
with noticeable difficulty, he struggles to stand.
[break][break]
king looks down at the cat, an unreadable expression.
[break][break]
"is that it?"
[break][break]
kyn doesn't respond. it simply stands, breathing heavily.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:25:18 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo watched the cat pick itself back up and face the battle again. The scarred man across from him, almost matching himself in roughness (Bo did have ‘DEATH’ tattooed across his knuckles, after all), showed his cruelty by not withdrawing.

The ranger made no command for a moment. Carefully, he considered. He’d developed an opinion of King. He was suspicious. He was disrespectful.

He ought to lose decisively, so that if he was who Bo had a hunch he was, he’d know what he was up against in the future.

“Finish it.” he commanded flatly.

Golem charged forward, full-force to BULLDOZE their weakened opponent into the ground.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 15:39:28 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HST...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
kyn hesistates against the advancing golem. there's an innate desire, to please and impress his trainer. one that keeps him standing despite the ache in his entire body. the match was over. kyn knew it. king knew it.
[break][break]
so why did he want him to continue?
[break][break]
the question goes unanswered, for now, as the BULLDOZE comes upon in him in full-force. he does the only thing he can —— matches it. shrouding himself in flames, like a meteorite he meets the golem in one final, lasting conflict.
[break][break]
and though his flames are snuffed out, he can't help but feel... pride.
[break][break]
then his eyes close, and the familiar warmth of the pokeball closes around him.
[break][break]
king watches the conflict close, and with a stoic expression, turns to bo.
[break][break]
"seems like it's yer victory."
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs king [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:00:24 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The flames were nearly enough to crumble the Golem to her knees, but she stood, still standing while BURNED. A heaving breath was followed by a triumphant roar.

Bo, who would have typically broken into a grin by now, was still sort of flat in expression. This guy just had the wrong vibes.

Returning his Golem, he began to take a few parting steps. He paused as though he was considering his words, but his doubt got the better of him, so it turned into, “Guess so. Good battle. Thanks. See ya.”

Then he left, uninterested in further conversation.