November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 11:06:49 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

"I'm worried about you," Bill said, peering at the underboss over the top of his tinted sunglasses. 

They were on a deserted stretch of Slateport Beach, far from the prying eyes and cameras of the tournament. Bill had listed them as battling at a private location and 'unfortunately' there was some magnetic interference in the area. Anyone trying to capture video of their battle would be sorely disappointed. 

"When was the last time you took time off?" Bill asked, making a wide, open armed gesture at the tropical paradise around them. 

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break.
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 11:25:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's nice to have a break from the spotlight of the tournament, the prying eyes that make his skin crawl. He's never been so infamous as since the HNN article had branded him a war criminal; even disguised, he feels exposed.

Sunglasses shade his eyes as they rake the beach.

"Don't really get proper time off in my line of work."

He could go home and take a bit of a rest but even that was at risk of being interrupted by some Rocket emergency or another.

A Magnezone hovers at the underbosses side, perhaps 'unwittingly' contributing to the technological interference with the polarity of its MAGNET PULL.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:03:19 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"That's true, and unfortunate," Bill said, letting out a little sigh. "I'm sure that training would be a much better use of your time." Bill wandered down the beach a little ways, surveying the crashing surf and bright, grey sand. "So that's what your Pokemon will be doing."

Bill pointed to a lounge chair set up under some of the shady palms. "Part of being a trainer is knowing that your Pokemon can act independently. They shouldn't need you for this." Bill indicated the chair, in a motion that obviously meant 'sit'. 

"I have hidden three items on the beach. Your Pokemon will be able to locate them by scent. The first smells of decay. Have your Pokemon track down the item and return it to me."

Search of the beach for the missing item. 
Have one or more Pokemon look for the item and roll.
If you roll above 50, you find the item.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 0:09:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Anything would be a better use for my time."

He's a wanted criminal. It's not as if he can safely lure Hoenn's top trainers to Rocket's cause with the League hanging around in droves. He'd fought two Silphs and the region's champion thus far.

He cants his head as the chair is indicated — then sits, no questions.

Scent?

Amber eyes reconsider the Magnezone hovering silently at his side. He recalls it in a swift motion and replaces it with a vicious blue-furred Lycanroc. Drool drips from the creature's open maw and it sniffs at the air, nose wrinkling at a scent Gavin cannot detect.

He gestures with his hand, indicating it should search.

0vE4Hgd5
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 5:36:36 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

Bill watched the Lycanroc prowl up the beach, following the scent of decay to its inevitable conclusion. "That's just not true Liam. Taking time for yourself is critical," he said, sitting down next to the underboss. 

"What good are you if you burn out?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 5:48:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Has he been misunderstood? Gavin shakes his head.

"Anything other than the tournament," he amends. "Not this."

The break is nice, even if they can't get clear of spectators even on this ordinarily lonely and rocky stretch of Slateport's beach. He'd hoped they might see a couple of guys hanging out with their Pokemon and lose interest but apparently the curiosity of certain tourists was boundless.

His skin prickles, jaw shifts at the implication.

"I won't burn out."

He can't. He's never been allowed to burn out.

Lycanroc prowls along the beach, snuffling in the sand. It draws back with an irate growl as sand gets up its nose, shaking its head violently.

KUzFu6_u
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:07:50 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"Oh I see," Bill said, realizing his mistake. "Agreed. While I enjoy summer, it's often in more secluded locations." He looked around at the private stretch of beach, which was miraculously filling with rubberneckers and unwanted onlookers. A battle started up nearby, with someone's Charizard crashing against a Salamance. Bill put on his sunglasses to cover his eyes from the light of the flames.

"That's good to hear. The second most common cause of death for high ranking members is suicide. Normally brought on by stress," Bill said. It wasn't a kind fact, but it was direct.

Lycanroc found the first item: a body. For a second the hand and flash of jacket were visible above the sand, before they were pulled back under by Bill's Palossand. The prize had been found, but it wouldn't be needed until later.

"Fast work," Bill said. "Next is steel." 

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:24:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's laugh is deep, devoid of humour.

"If I was going to kill myself, I'd have done it long ago."

His life has been so, so much worse than this.

"And the first...?" He thinks he knows.

Lycanroc lets out a single, sharp bark when it finds the body. It disappears beneath the sand, gone before any onlookers might glimpse with their prying eyes. Gavin had seen just enough to know that something was up.

Decay. Steel.

Amber eyes narrow, suspicious, but he recalls his Lycanroc and returns the Magnezone from earlier to the field. It hovers over the beach, its MAGNET PULL sure to attract the metal if it gets close.

yFfpmES3
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 11:59:26 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Decay
Steel
Vessel

"The most common is 'suicide'," Bill said, with grim humor. "Hands cuffed, two bullets to the back of the head. Terrible business."

Magnezone's honed in on the buried steel, its Magnet Pull unearthing a deep blue disk from the sands. It was another corpse. A Bronzor. A common cop Pokemon.

The Pokecorpse was visible for a moment before, as with the human body, it was consumed by Palossand. Another piece, waiting for the right time. 

"You work fast," Bill said, unsurprised. Gavin had a reputation for efficiency. "The last piece is a vessel." 

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:51:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
'Suicide'. Just as he'd suspected.

His smile is as dark as his laugh. "Terrible business."

Vessel. Gavin cants his head.

"Like a ship? Or a receptacle?"

A vessel could house many things. From something as simple as a glass of water to as complex as an avatar being the vessel for the powers of legends. Lugia's own power thrums through his veins, dormant. The shadowed leviathan lurks in the ocean nearby; Gavin can feel its presence brush against his mind, a strange comfort.

He keeps his Magnezone on the field. An ELECTRIC TERRAIN crackles across the sand as it hunts.

kqUe|aog
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 3:19:36 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Decay
Steel
Vessel

As Magnezone unearthed the vessel, Bill stood up, took a few steps away from Gavin and tossed out his Milotic. The serpent uncoiled on the sand, looking at the underboss with glassy eyes.

The vessel was a speedboat. Police issue, complete with logos and dim red and blue lights on top. It had disappeared from the harbor a few weeks ago, along with one of the members of the coast guard.

As the hull breached the sand the damage becomes clear. Punctures, scorch marks, a shattered  front windshield, and of course the body. Palossand had moved the two corpses to the front cabin, and as the ship surfaced from its dry grave nearby spectators started to shout and scream.

With their free time at an end, Bill pointed at his underboss and said their prerehearsed lines.
"That's him! That's Liam King!" Bill shouted, finger pointing at Gavin. "Someone call the League!"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 3:59:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Showtime.

Anxiety thrums in his veins as he returns the brush against his mind.

Magnezone lets out a SUPERSONIC blast as soon as the vessel is unleashed, frightening and disorienting but not harming the nearby spectators. 'Liam King' is already on his feet, SHADOW MIASMA swirling around him.

"You've got the name wrong, Anderson."

Several people scream as Shadow Lugia bursts from the ocean nearby, scattering water with its dark wings. THUNDER rumbles before a bolt of lightning strikes down toward 's Milotic.

"A shame your family has thrown their lot in with the League. Rocket's looking for talent." Gavin does not ordinarily raise his voice but speaks now for all those nearby to hear. "How many times has your government failed to protect you? To think that I could so easily infiltrate an international tournament while half the region knows my name."

Lugia circles overhead and lands next to him, shading him with its wings.

"Do you plan to bring me in?" He laughs, cold. "Good luck with that."

An intense PRESSURE ripples across the beach as Lugia screams.
r2fj8ETK
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:01:42 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Decay
Steel
Vessel

The air became heavy. Thick with fear and shock and gathering lightning. Static filled Bill's lungs as the bolt found his Milotic, charring the creature in an instant and throwing its charred body tumbling down the beach like driftwood.

Bill noted it, but had eyes only for the creature that had fried his strongest Pokemon.
"You may be recruiting, but League already has the strongest trainers!" Bill said, raising his voice. His sermon tones carried across the crowd, easily picked up by the cameras, and heard by everyone present. "The Andersons are League through and through, and if I don't take you down here and now, you can bet that will be the one to freeze that smug smile from your face." 

A dozen bursts of hard light solidified on the sand, hemming in Gavin. Powerful Pokemon. Battle trained, ruthless, and all borrowed from the Team Rocket armory. Krookodile and Feraligatr blocked Gavin's retreat to the sea. Rough reptiles with ready jaws. They growled, low and deep, preparing to Crunch their opponent to bone cips. 

To his left and right, Nidoqueen, Crustle, Kabutops, Sawk. Brawlers and wallers, all closing in on the 'trapped' underboss.
Sawk cracked its knuckled, Kabutops sharpened its scythes, and Nidoqueen and Crustle tilted forward, digging heavy feet into the sand as they prepared a charge that would crush Gavin between them.

At Bill's side, facing the underboss head on, were Lurantis and Decidueye, the former crouched and ready to spring, and the latter with an arrow drawn, nocked, and aimed at Gavin.

"It ends here, Gavin," Bill said, with resonant finality. The air was thick with sweat and the humidity of the gathering storm. Nobody blinked. Decidueye loosed its arrow, which sped towards Gavin's throat.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:16:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Do they? Or is that what they want you to believe?"

sends out an army but Gavin is an underboss, an avatar, unafraid.

A sweep of his arm sends out an army of his own. Shadow Pokemon land like sentinels among the sand as the swirling miasma swells to shroud them. Among soldiers adorned with shards of dark crystal, a seemingly ordinarily Escavalier seems hilariously out of place.

Until it lifts its lance and the SKIES darken with SHADOW.

Like acid rain it falls, pelting the skin and harming all those not borne of corruption. Escavalier's own OVERCOAT is its only protection, and Lugia shields Gavin with her spread wings.

The beach erupts in a brilliant explosion of attacks as shadow Pokemon clash with allies they may even have recognized from sparring sessions in the armory. Allegiance does not matter when they are given command; they obey without question.

An arrow loosed toward Gavin's throat is blocked by the PROTECTION of his ice-spined Sandslash, arrow clattering against steel. DARK SPIKES litter the beach in a broad circle around Rocket's underboss, discouraging would-be heros from drawing closer.

With a fierce flap of her wings, Lugia summons HURRICANE winds to buffet their 'assailant'.

"It won't be a happy ending, I assure you."
[break] [break]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Gavin [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:13:52 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Decay
Steel
Vessel

Screams. Dark rain that sizzles and burns like acid. Bill felt his pristine skin tear and peel. He sent out another Rocket weapon: Venomoth. The broad-winged creature covered him from above, taking the brunt of the shadow rain and Protecting him for as long as it would last.

"There is only one end for stories like this, Gavin," Bill said, his voice as clear as a church bell. The next work was left unsaid, and his Pokemon surged forwards, clashing with their shadowed opponents. Dark Spikes tore at this feet, and the Hurricane of the looming Lugia shoved and tore. 

The battle was half-over before it had begun.

But despite the defensive circle, Gavin was still surrounded. Behind him, Krookodile and Feraligatr moved in, clearing the spikes with washes of salt water. Their jaws snapped at the shadow Pokemon, eager to try their strength against their dark brothers.

Decidueye's hooded eyes gleamed, and Spirit Shackles raised from the sand, snaking around the legs of the underboss. A last ditch attempt to secure him for the authorities. 

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">