awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 19:16:06 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam's eyes focused on the opponent that was coming into view. his dusclops, balor, gave a groan. ominous in sound, coming from the depths of his hollow body.

"i do."

did he understand the pokémon? who knew, but he did know this opponent.

"miss evette!" with a wave, he greets her, small and polite smile in place. "a pleasure to see you again."

the ghostly companion moves into the arena, readying himself for battle with a swirl of energy beginning to form. mostly just flavor, he's showing off, because he'll probably get owned so he's gotta show off before the battle even starts.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 22:02:45 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Oh, it was him. She recognized that man from that one day in the waters. “Alola,” she hence greeted him right away, a smile on her lips, referencing that encounter. Unlike back then though, she was more properly dressed, the same white dress and sandals she had worn in her earlier match with the man who was called Doug, yet named John. That still struck her as odd somehow.

Her eyes briefly found the Dusclops. That kind of Pokemon probably befitted a man of the dead such as him. She found it a bit creepy, but she was not going to judge.
After all, when she picked a ball and released it, she let out a Ghastly of all Pokemon to fight this one. But the little one had something to prove, after failing against the Pikachu. So, she was going to give him as many chances a possible to gather experience, if nothing else.

“The pleasure is all mine, of course. I reckon that this will be a fight more in your ball park then, oui?”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 1:23:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
balor's eye focused on the gastly when it was released. sam on the other hand gave a wave in return.

"i won't have any advantage on you," sam encouraged. "not every gastly is the same."

the round was started and right away the dusclops was throwing his hands in the air and moving them around. the energies started to swirl and a CONFUSE RAY was sent toward the gastly.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 11:14:46 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Ghastly saw the Confuse Ray coming. So, it did what it always did. Instead of trying to use that to its advantage, the Pokemon instead tried to make things more chaotic. Or rather, it wanted to. Momentarily, it seemed to hesitate, something Eve noticed. “Go ahead. We might as well,” she noted, letting the Ghastly do what it did best instead.

It caused chaos. Instead of dodging the Confuse Ray or otherwise preparing to mitigate it, the Ghastly instead decided to start up another Confuse Party and used that very same move as way, ultimately hopefully confusing them both and creating pandemonium.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 14:51:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the plan worked. sam made a face, brow arched. memories move to a confusion battle where everything was chaos.

"not again..."

in his confusion, balor the dusclops swirled and turned before casting a CURSE, whether he just hurt himself in the process or not was up in the air. and because of that, sam let out a sigh and smirked. a smirk because he might as well enjoy the show.

he could feel it, this battle was going to be one where he lost.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:10:58 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Not again? She arched a brow at that exclamation. Was this a common occurrence in this tournament? So far, it had seemed like at least half the participants were taking this seriously, so she’d figured that something like this would have been the exception, rather than the norm.

Yet, it seemed like he knew these sorts of things. And, apparently, he was used to them enough to just lean in and accept what was going on, rather than trying to fight it. Well, that was what she was going to do as well.
Ghastly, meanwhile, was hovering through the air almost drunkenly. Upon seeing that curse going completely haywire, it laughed before launching itself at the opponent in a Sucker Punch – but in its confusion it missed and ran itself into the ground, hurting itself.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:33:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
seeing the gastly plummet face first into the ground had the dusclops giving a jovial sort of santa laugh. it was contagious, but ghastly and haunted. sam couldn't help but laugh along, with a soft chuckle and a smile.

in 'retaliation' it attempted to give a BIND. clearly confused still, because the normal type move just ended up causing the dusclops to wrap it's bandages around itself and now it looked like it was in a straight jacket.

then, balor continued laughing, mostly at himself.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:20:55 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
These two had kind of the same energy, didn’t they? Ghastly barely got off the ground again, before it, too, started laughing at the other ghost Pokemon for getting it wrong. Then, it smirked, and instead tried again, eyes closed, and would seek to full-body Sucker Punch the bigger Pokemon in the belly. That ought to work, it figured, at least from a short distance like this. But who knew whether or not that would in any way work?

“Does this sort of thing happen to you often?” Eve’s words were jovial and gentle, as they often were. Clearly, she did not mind her Pokemon making a fool out of itself. How could she, anyway? That was how it would learn, hopefully.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:33:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"more than i'd care to admit. while it's only happened twice, i really hope i'm not forming some sort of unbreakable confusion habit."

what a nightmare that would be.

balor's body squirms and wiggles, vibrates. his bandages unravel a bit and he's trying to let loose a NIGHT SHADE. what he lets it loose on is his own bandages, and then he's fussing and stomping his feet at the failure.

"you're going to knock yourself out at this rate, balor."

sobs leave it's eye socket, clearly finding life super unfair, plopping down to cry. at the fit, sam winced.

"...huh. well, that didn't happen last time."
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:41:07 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
This time, the Sucker Punch hit and, as Ghastly’s confusion slowly wore off, it gloated about that at first. However, then the pokemon balor did something quite super effective – it managed to take the fun out of it.

It kind of started to cry. Well, threw a tantrum at least. For the Ghastly, that turned things from funny to kind of sad, so it floated away, slightly dejected and unsure as to what it should do. “I guess Ghastly feels that this is just kind of cruel, so why don’t we let this wear off first? I mean, it’s not much of a battle if both sides keep punching the poor boy there….”

They were opponents here, sure, but that didn’t mean they had to be jerks about it after all.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:34:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the fit was curious. sam studied the dusclops for a moment.

"even confused he's usually a better sport--"

just then, the dusclops shot his hands forward as if not bound, shooting a NIGHT SHAD at the gastly.

"huh, a cheap shot."
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 19:03:36 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
That definitely wasn’t a very gentlemanly move. Or a Chad move, like people would say today, she guessed. Eve was terrible with slang, even that of her home region, but she still gave a little “Whoa, cheap shot indeed,” when Ghastly was hit by the Night Shade and swiftly reeled. After all, that move’s strength was determined by level, and since levels were almost indeterminable, they were almost zero, which meant that any move dividing by that had the potential to be limitless in potency.

Or something like that. Ghastly definitely was hurt quite a bit there. The little one was hoovering back and forth briefly, clearly out of it to some extent.
…which was its feint, as it suddenly surged forward for yet another sucker punch to the belly!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:33:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
and there it was. the dusclops' undoing. that punch to the stomach was all that was needed to send the mummy into a pile of rags.

recalling the fainted ghost, sam gave eve a smile of congratulations as he crossed the arena to make his way over and properly congratulate her with a hand shake.

"looks like your ghost won out this time."

not that sam was terribly surprised. gastly's shouldn't be underestimated, he would know first hand.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:28:29 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Well, that was….something alright. Eve wasn’t quite sure how to feel about this. On one hand, yes, Ghastly had won this. And the little ball of gas happily swerved left to right in order to savour this victory. It was still moving a bit uneasy though, the lingering effects of confusion clearly still being active.

But this had been such a weird fight. Eve really was not sure if they won it as much as they might have gotten randomly lucky and ‘survived’. At least it kind of felt that way. Ah, well, she didn’t want to be a bad winner though, so she noded with a smile and accepted the hand offered to her.
“Yes, definitely seems that way. Though it might have just as well been yours. That did appear at least somewhat close, if you ask me.” Eve wasn’t completely downplaying her efforts. But she was aware that all things considered, she hadn’t exactly done a whole lot in this battle.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
eve vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:38:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"sometimes, with smaller battles like this, it's good to let the pokémon flex their own strategies. helps us as trainers to identify which battle strategies best suit the pokémon we're using."

at least, that's why he sometimes let his pokémon work freelance like that battle. it was a way for him to see how the pokémon battled when left to their own devices.

"at times it can backfire. but most of the time it's been insightful for me and mine."
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">