Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 1:57:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Once again, Thomas found himself visiting rural Hoenn. But rather than visiting on behalf of his employer, Thomas decided to do some sight seeing on his own. Such activities would mostly translate into getting to know the terrain, but would also involve him going into the towns themselves, to meet with the locals. From there, he would form connections with some of them, from shopkeepers, to those who spent their days outside. This would form the beginnings of a network of informants he could hopefully use to feed him information on potential Rocket activity, or other criminal activity that would call for the attention of the International Police.

After spending some time networking in Oldale Town, Thomas would go back to exploring the routes. This time, he would find himself on Route 102. While the area itself didn't contain much, the terrain itself required going around the long way in order to reach Petalburg City, while heading to Oldale from Petalburg would be much faster, thanks to the ledges providing one-way shortcuts back to the smaller town.

As Thomas walked down the path, he would here something rustling in the grass. Thomas turned towards the source of the rustling, his hand hovering towards one of his Pokeballs, ready to act.

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 3:35:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ELECTABUZZ APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / static[break]
thunder punch / light screen / low kick / thunderwave
[break][break]

[break][break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 21:16:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas walked down the path, he would see a kid running, holding an unconscious Poliwag in his arms. Before he could ask, the kid had spoken up. "That Electabuzz is blocking off the path!", he would tell Thomas, holding back tears. "And I assume it knocked out your Poliwag, yeah?", Thomas asked him. The boy would nod. "Stupid thing's keeping me from visiting my friend!", he complained, kicking at the dirt.

Thomas would peak out from the corner, seeing an Electabuzz practically patrolling the area, looking out for any sort of trouble. This particular Electabuzz looked to be very aggressive, one of the most aggressive looking he had encountered in the past. "I got this.", Thomas told the kid, before taking a Pokeball off his belt, and summoning Kiryu from his capsule. The boy looked up in awe at the Flygon, who looked to be strong and experienced.

"Flygon, Dig down, then come up and teach the Electabuzz a lesson.", Thomas told the Flygon, pointing towards the Electabuzz patrolling nearby. The Electabuzz would spot the Flygon up above, and a grin would form across his face.

The Flygon nodded, burrowing into the ground, almost immediately. The Electabuzz, seeing his opponent just disappear like that, looked confused. He would look around for where the Flygon was. The two humans would watch on from the corner, before the Flygon emerged right below the Electabuzz, launching the Electric-type right into the air, then proceeding to fly up above it, slamming it right back down into the ground with considerable force. The Electabuzz, who barely had time to react, could only look at the Flygon in pure shock, before letting out an agonized groan, and passing out.

The Flygon would fly back to his trainer, who gave the green dragon a nod. "Good work, Kiryu.", Thomas told the Flygon.

"H-how'd you do that so easily?", the boy asked.

"Kiryu's a Ground-type, which not only makes him immune to Electric-type attacks, but gives him the ability to cause considerable harm to them, as the Electabuzz had the ability to cause considerable harm to your Poliwag with its electrical attacks.", Thomas told the boy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2019 1:09:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHINX APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / rivalry[break]
thunder fang / roar / wild charge / swagger
[break][break]

[break][break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2019 4:06:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

While Thomas and the boy were talking, something hunkering down in the foliage would be watching the two humans, as well as the Flygon who hovered proudly into the air. She had been watching as the Electabuzz was driving off trainers, blocking off the way between Oldale Town, and Petalburg City. When she saw the proud and strong-looking Flygon just burst out of the ground, and take the Electabuzz out like it was nothing, she was instantly intrigued.

The Shinx would make her move, dashing in, her body becoming bathed in electrical energy the further along she got. When she would get in close enough, she would leap at the green Dragon, crying out as she made her Wild Charge at the creature. Upon impact, she would simply find herself sliding off of the dragon's body, and landing on the ground with an ineffectual thud. The Flygon turned around, looking down at the Shinx with an irritated expression.

The Shinx tried to cry something out, before the Flygon took a swipe at her with a Dragon Claw. The Flygon looked let out a cry of pain as the claws of the Flygon raked into her small body, blood drawing onto Kiryu's claws in the process. She would look up at the Flygon with pleading, weakened eyes, knowing that she just bit off more than she could chew. The Flygon would give her a chance to run, giving her a threatening gesture with his claws. The Shinx would take this opportunity to flee, limping off into the distance as fast as she could.

The boy, who saw the short altercation play out, was in awe at the power the Flygon wielded. "How did your Pokemon get so strong?", the boy asked. "Years of training and experience, kid. I know it's tough now, but stick with your Poliwag, and it will eventually evolve into one of two great Pokemon. No matter how many licks you have to take on the way, never give up on your friend there, and he'll do well by you.", Thomas would tell the boy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2019 4:11:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PIKACHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / static[break]
thunderbolt / agility / play nice / double team
[break][break]

[break][break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sparks Flying (SW)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2019 6:03:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With the Shinx having fled, and seemingly not coming back anytime soon, Thomas would set off towards Petalburg City. The boy would follow the trainer closely, as would the Flygon. The trip to Petalburg itself would be rather uneventful, most Wild Pokemon having either been content with staying out of the way, or those who would've been along the path would find themselves scurrying away hastily at the sight of the Flygon, who still had some blood dripping from his claw.

Towards the end of their journey, with the city in their sights, the sound of panicked cries would catch the group's attention. Thomas would turn his head to see a Pikachu trapped under some debris. From the looks of it, something got knocked over, and managed to trap the Pikachu, despite its small form. The Electric Mouse seemed to be barely holding on, making futile attempts to free itself from the debris trapping it.

"Kiryu, see if you can help it get free.", Thomas told the Flygon, who nodded, flying over to where the Pikachu was. The Flygon was able to easily pull off what was trapping the Pikachu in place. The Pikachu let out a groan, and weakly moved out of the area, not getting very far in her state. After a moment of studying the Pikachu, Flygon would pick her up, and fly her over to Thomas. The Pikachu would initially give a weak struggle upon being picked up, but would stop fighting after a moment, being too hurt and exhausted to fight back.

Once Kiryu put the mouse down, Thomas took a look at her. The first thing he'd notice was the cleft in her tail, indicating that she was a female. That aside, she was pretty banged up, like she had been in some nasty encounter, even before getting trapped under that debris. He would pull out a potion from his bag, and aim the spritz bottle at the yellow mouse. "This might sting.", Thomas warned her, before spraying her down with the medicine. Though the Pikachu winced at first, she would feel relief wash over her afterward. Though she was far from healed, given her predicament, the medicine did something to help her, that much was clear.

"If you come with me, little gal, I can get you checked out at a PokeCenter. What do you say?", he asked the Pikachu, offering her a Pokeball.

Should she accept, he'd find something to do with her later. But for now, she needed proper medical attention.

notes: Cap attempt on Pikachu

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago