Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 6:07:28 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
This dude seems cool. By now Adrian had lost all enthusiasm and was muddling through the tournament in a dispirited manner. At the very least it rounded off his edges; made him seem more approachable, if a bit gloomy. He'd get over it.

"Hey. You wanna battle?" Informal challenges and predetermined matches alike had merit in this tournament, but in neither did he find a way to break his streak.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:41:35 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam is quick to respond when someone approaches him. he quickly stands up from his seat from his phone and greets with a wide smile.

"dude, hell ye-"

he stops for a moment when he recognizes the face somewhat. after being mentioned by once and looking up his name, he's surprised to see that he's in front of him.

"hi, hi! let's do it. wanna do it right here, right now?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:47:15 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Let's try and find an empty stretch of beach." Adrian gestured further up the shoreline, away from the noisy brats running and screaming towards the waves or the coolest looking pokemon and its trainer. As they padded through the sand, Adrian feeling the warmth of the grit between his sandals, he turned to Priam and asked curiously.

"Have we met before? Feel like I've seen your type at a club..." Eh, it's probably nothing. He met all sorts frequenting night clubs across Slateport; there was like to be a dozen folks who could pull off the same look, more or less.

Once they were relatively alone, Adrian brandished a pokeball and unleashed a Toxicroak full of ANTICIPATION for the upcoming match.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:03:44 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he lifts an eye brow, and then chuckles. he's never been clubbing much since he doesn't like the taste of alcohol, but he can't discount the few times he did.

"good-looking dudes are at clubs all the time so i'm not surprised," he tells adrian. "great character like mine doesn't always go with the cute smile though, so i have that as a plus!"

taking out his braviary from its ball, it gets stares at adrian at first. priam snaps his fingers until the pokemon shifts its attention to the pokemon.

"you can have first move," he offers adrian.

"we do have a mutual friend," priam points out, raising an arm enthusiastically. he whips his head around, and upon not finding anyone else, he speaks up. "he said i can ask you questions about yveltal too!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:19:27 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"What the fuck?" It took him a moment to consider it, and suddenly Yveltal was at the fore, screaming at Adrian across their presence. It was all he could do to stay standing, a cold sweat forming on his brow as the beast relentlessly called for blood. Blood that it could not take for itself. So why should I?

A fair question, or so he alone felt. Yveltal went quiet.

Toxicroak stared at him uneasily as Adrian assessed the Braviary, seeing it for the bastard that it was and calculating. Well, I doubt I win this now. "I'unno about you, but this seems like cheating to me. Ah well." Scratching at the nape of his neck, he considered how to proceed. "Poison Jab." The toad reluctantly lurched forward, anticipating it was about to get its shit rocked.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:25:27 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the reaction gets priam to tilt his head. "adrian malcolm, right? i think i got the name right." he clarifies.

when the toxicroak goes in for a poison jab, the braviary blocks the attack with its steel wing. the impact knocks the bird back a bit before it charges back at the toxicroak to make up for the distance.

"braviary's kinda related to the question i wanted to ask, so i thought it's just fitting to give ya a demonstration," he clarifies. he scratches the back of his head afterwards. "but if i got the wrong person, then..."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:29:38 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The hardened edge stubs Toxicroak's stinger, causing discomfort.

"No, you're right..." Battling while carrying on a conversation wasn't what he'd had in mind, but he supposed that's just how it went sometimes. The Braviary ahead of him was packing heat, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't the least bit curious. But the fact its aura resembles the taint of Yveltal boded ill, especially in light of Yveltal's contempt for its mere existence. There must've been good reason.

Did he really want to get in between all that, though?

"Go ahead. Shoot." He'd meant for Priam to ask his questions, but Toxicroak fired off a TOXIC wad of gunk towards the Braviary, though once again he'd doubt its chances. "And tell me your name, while you're at it. Fair's fair, right?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:38:18 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"priam conrad! best there is on every job! our mutual friend is someone whose name can be shortened to g.mer. you know someone whose name can be shortened to g.mer., right? that should explain some things!"

the toxic seeps through the braviary's defense, gunk blocking his sight en route to the toxicroak. for a moment, it goes for a wild dive at the last known location of its opponent, steel wing in front of him still providing it a good defenses for the crash.

"just wondering though... were you aware of the thing with the xerneas tree and then yveltal appeared?" he prefaces.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:44:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Okay, so it was Gavin. Who hasn't he talked about me with?

Steel Wing once again bashed Toxicroak around, shoring up Braviary's defenses above necessary levels, though Adrian was less concerned about that than the cryptic manner in which Priam relayed his questions. I'm not sure I understand his question. In the background of their conversation Toxicroak held its palms towards Braviary, invoking VENOSHOCK in the target, which was liable to piss it off.

"It had a vested interest in that tree. I dunno why." Adrian rolled his shoulders with a shrug. Maybe it was strange for someone to let a pokemon boss them around, but with his patron, it felt more or less synonymous with survival. At least until he found a bigger stick. "Is that what you wanted to know?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:59:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"not really. just wanted to make sure that-"

the venoshock reacts with the poison already inhibiting the braviary's body. the sudden shock nudges it in the direction of fury, evident with the noise it starts to make.

in a fit of rage, it shoots an oblivion wing towards the toxicroak-- the same petrifying beam that got everyone during that fateful event surprised.

"i just want to know what that move is supposed to be called." priam speaks only after the move has been fired. "it's not hyper beam, and it has the same effects as the thing yveltal used. i want to call it something cooler, and 'weird hyper beam' just isn't doing it for me!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:28:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian wears a pained expression to see the scope of the attack.

"Well... Can't say I was expecting that." Against all likelihood Toxicroak was prepared to keep fighting, only its limbs were hampered by calcified minerals from the blast. It had to exert itself striking them full-force to keep going, lest it be weighed down and its stingers sealed off. It took a bit for Adrian to come to and give an honest answer.

"...Oblivion Wing."
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:59:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i knew this move has a cool name like that!"

the move didn't have the same intensity as when the yveltal used it, but it had similar effects.

the braviary steps back and starts flapping its wings towards the direction of the toxicroak. dust and sand come alongside the heat wave as the bird tries to get the poison-type to submit.

"heh, not to brag or anything, but i helped make that happen by the way," he brags. "well, not technically, but i contributed a bunch on the labs! pretty sweet, right?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:46:06 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Toxicroak was left to its devices while Adrian pressed for answers.

"How did you ever even accomplish that...?"

It was unnatural, but the closer he looked, he recognized the signs of SHADOWFICATION present in the bird's aura; it just presented itself more as a facsimile of Yveltal's own, much in the same way his and Thomas' aura reflected their patron's. "I thought the Megalopolans created shadow pokemon..."
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:40:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"it's more the ultra beasts than megalopolans i think, but yeah! that's close enough! there's artificial ones and ones that are, uh... natural? i forgot the term, but i think you're thinking of ones that aren't from the lab."

priam gets too absorbed in the talk that he barely noticed his braviary starting to fire one air slash after the other at the toxicroak.

"oh man, it's acting up again," he mutters as he scrambles to get his pokeball. "i think we call off the battle now?" he asks adrian before shouting back at his bird again.

"hey! ease up a bit, please!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
bummer [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 7:17:11 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Toxicroak clutches one arm in the other after an air slash severs a nerve. "Yeah; we concede," he murmurs quickly before fumbling for his own pokeball, retrieving the toad before it could be tortured further. He mentioned a lab. Yveltal fumed at the notion, but soon enough its anger subsided as it realized Adrian would not be compliant.

"So... you said something about a lab," Adrian began to ask, heading over towards Priam, hoping to learn more if they didn't stonewall him. "You mean like, a machine?"

That, or perhaps it was some twisted procedure. Adrian shuddered at the thought.