saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:55:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]this is his...ninth? tenth? battle of the day, and as tired as he is from the heat, he still can't stop himself from participating in another.

"name's matias! any preferences for this battle?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:23:56 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
She, too, was getting tired. Hence, she had gotten herself an Alolan drink with a little umbrella, sought some shade and sat down on a bench for a bit of a break. Yet, the girl with the white dress clearly still looked like a trainer, so she was being challenged.

By a man called Matias, apparently. The name was duly noted and committed to memory. “Evette,” she replied, as always omitting her last name when the other did so first. “I do not really have any preference, as long as it is in good faith and fun. Most of my Pokemon are healing right now from earlier battles.”
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 7:51:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"evette."

he repeats it, committing it to memory as well.

"it's a pleasure. and it will be."

a single pokeball bursts open, revealing his choice for the battle.

"you can go."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:43:23 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
An Eggzecute. Execute? Honestly, she didn’t really know how to write or pronounce that one. The weird egg Pokemon, really. A psychic type, if she remembered correctly. And since he chose first, he could not complain that her first impulse went towards Vulpix. Though, honestly, she hadn’t used that one yet anyway and wanted to try it out.

It just so happened to be effective was all. Plus, it came out butt first, wanting to immediately Whip Tail at the Execute. “I guess he wanted the initiative anyway. I have not used this one much before, so my apologies in advance.”
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:50:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]yeah, exeggcute is a real pain to spell. the easy way matias remembers it is ex-egg-cute. but he agrees that it's a pretty weird pokemon. there are like five of them. oh wait, six?

"dont worry about it."

exeggcute starts the battle with a STUN SPORE.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:15:34 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Well, it wouldn’t have been her fault anyway, so her worries had certainly known limits. Plus, the Vulpix got a little payback when it suddenly smelled something odd in the air, crumpling its nose and shuddering, trying to retreat from what it was. However, it was briefly stuck, unable to move there, as the paralysis took hold.

“Don’t worry, I don’t worry,” she replied. It was an allusion to an old Kalosian song, but she realized that he probably would not get that. Probably just made her look weird. Oh well, that could not be helped at all, now could it?
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:29:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"perfect."

being from kanto, matias definitely did not understand the reference, but he gives a nod regardless.

with a free turn to do whatever he wants, exeggcute decides to spend it charging for a SOLAR BEAM

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:55:12 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar

Ah. The nod of oblivion. She knew that too well. It was something she often got when she went full Kalosian. Today though, she was not going to do just that. Instead, she tried to focus on the battle at hand.

Fortunately, Vulpix was scared enough by the sudden appearance of a massive, incoming solar beam. Scared and a bit confused, the little Vulpix quickly opened its mouth and unleashed a huge inferno to block that beam somehow. Or at least hit back hard.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:57:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]INFENRO meets SOLAR BEAM and the result is a wonderful explosion in the middle of the battlefield.

when the dust settles, exeggcute's still standing (can exeggcute stand with no legs?), ready to fight.

"that looked really nice."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:10:05 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Fire plus light equalled boom, apparently.
Good to know. She would have to reconsider utilizing that move wantonly in the future. For now though, Vulpix was thrown backwards from the impact alone, while the exeggcutes somehow managed to stand tall. Probably because they could just roll back…up again?

Eh, didn’t matter. “Quick Attack through the smoke,” she instead ordered her Vulpix, which suddenly rushed forwards, trying to headbutt all of these eggs at once. “It certainly did. But let us not do that again. At least not while I stand so close.”
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:12:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the QUICK ATTACK takes the vulpix through the smoke and right into the exeggcute. some of his shell cracks under the pressure, almost breaking but he manages to hold on.

with the vulpix now up close, exeggcute's able to suck with GIGA DRAIN. sap sap sap.

"yeah, let's not."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:52:23 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Wait. What happened if that shell broke? Did they….die? An alarmed brow was raised and even Vulpix seemed to recoil from the sound. It wanted to win after all. But she did not want to kill. After all, who wanted to? This was a tournament, not a war.

However, that meant that she was hit square by the Gigadrain, which was decidedly not the way she wanted to help that Pokemon not to die. Instead, it, once more being reactionary, used Imprison on the little eggs in front of her. That was definitely a non-lethal way to do it. Hopefully at least.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:12:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]exeggcute shell actually grows back! it's such a strange phenomenon that matias hasn't bother to find out why exactly. actually, at the GIGA DRAIN some parts of the exeggcute's shell starts to mend back together.

after the IMPRISON, all of exeggcute's eyes pulse pink in an EXTRASENSORY.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:34:05 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Ah, well, it was regrowing, apparently. That was good enough for both Evette and Vulpix. The latter had shut down the Giga Drain for now, slightly reeling from that. But now that it no longer felt like it was bullying the eggs too much, especially with them trying something weird and psychic-y, she simply started and dashed towards them once more, utilizing another quick attack in the hopes of finishing them off without breaking them apart too much.

After all, they were here to win a fight. Not make an omelette. So breaking some eggs was completely optional and not something one needed to do.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS EVETTE (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:38:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the QUICK ATTACK cracks one of the eggs, taking them out of the battle. thankfully, there are still five others that are keen on continuing; more so than that: keen on vengeance for their fallen egg-brethren.

once again. EXTRASENSORY looks to knock out the vulpix.

[attr="class","noodles"]