November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:02:17 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

Bill wandered the beach, looking for another battle. Someone famous preferably. There were gym leaders and avatars and  dozens of rangers here today. There. He recognized the man from the dossiers that Rocket had. Perfect.

"Hey Matias," Bill said, "my name's Bill. I'm Lars Anderson's dad."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 8:33:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias stops.

"so that's where he gets his good looks from."

smiling, he extends a hand out out of courtesy.

"hey bill. you doing the rounds this tournament?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:34:14 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"His brains, money, and drinking problem, too" Bill laughed. "I'm, just here to rub shoulders with the heavy hitters. It's been years since I've been on the gym circuit but it feels good to get shown a thing or two by these youngsters. What about you? Here to show off?" He grinned, as if nothing could be more nobly than thrashing some newbie. 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:44:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]hold up.

"lars has money?"

then why are the rangers still underfunded? why did matias cover their last tab?

he pushes the thought aside for later.

"maybe a little, but i'm mostly scouting for talent. never know when we'll need them."

but matias does know; he's known about sootopolis for a while now. maybe that's why he's trying to hard to find these youngers, these talents.

"you a talent, bill?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:54:32 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"Oh Lars is absolutely loaded!" Bill said, laughing at the idea of his son not being the richest man in the league besides Fernando. "His bank balance looks like a phone number. I bet he earns more in interest than he does in salary." 

"You can never have enough new talent. I've seen plenty today. I used to be a bit of a contender, but now not so much. I guess it depends on your definition of talent."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:58:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"well, that's good to know for the next time he asks me to cover the bill."

at bill's words, matias pulls out a single pokeball, then gestures to the empty battlefield next to them. how convenient.

"shall we find out?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:44:08 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"He's asking others to pick up the  bill?" Bill asked with genuine concern. "That's not very Anderson of him." 

Bill reached for a Pokeball, but something made him grab for one of the Rocket Pokemon he had borrowed from the armory. Something about this fight made him want to show off. To see what he had left. He sent out Krookodile. 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:47:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias nods.

"more than once."

it's an exploud that forms this time. it looks prepared for battle, vibrating as though it could explod at any given moment.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:54:07 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Krookodile used Intimidate
Krookodile used Crunch

"Well he certainly didn't get his manners from me. Or anyone in my family," Bill said, downright ashamed by Lars' treatment of his friends and mismanagement of his wealth. 

Krookodile terrifying markings and long, jagged jaws were nothing short of Intimidating. It opened wide, and with frightening speed it lunged at Exploud, bringing its jaws closed in a bone-shattering Crunch

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:58:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"how about you cover our tab after this?"

exploud remains steadfast even in the face of krookodile's INTIMIDATE. it stands grounded, unmoving as the CRUNCH connects against an arm. it simply raises an arm before pulsing with a BOOMBURST, mouth roaring with vibrations.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:02:39 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Krookodile used DIG

"Done," Bill said, glad that he could go some way to repairing the shattered reputation of the Anderson name. Krookodile's attack was met with steadfast resistance. Exploud was clearly a powerful combatant. 

The Boomblast tore at Krookodile, but the reptile refused to give up. Instead, it dug in its fangs, hunched over, and mauled the ground. In moments there was a decent sized pit, and Krookodile heaved at Exploud, trying to drag it down underground. 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:06:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the ground bursts open and from it comes a sneaky krookodile that looks to drag exploud down into the earth. explouds are naturally heavy and so it doesn't take much effort to do it, but resistance is shown when exploud vibrates once again before spewing a HYPER BEAM straight at the ground-type.

kaboom!

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:10:21 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Krookodile was obliterated
Matias wins!

Sand turned to molten glass as the Hyper Beam roared down into the hole. Krookodile disappeared under an avalanche of viscous, glowing liquid.

"The battles are faster than I remember,"
Bill said. 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:11:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"oh my bad."

damn. matias feels a little guilty at that.

"guess i misjudged krookodile's power."

sighing, he recalls the recharging exploud.

"let's go get those drinks now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
BIll vs Matias [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:19:15 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Krookodile was obliterated
Matias wins!

Misjudged indeed. The Krookodile hasn't been anywhere near the strength of Matias's Pokemon.

"A drink sounds great," Bill said, finally recalling his Pokemon. "I could use a Dr. Pika."