6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:57:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gets a match with someone and kyle quickly goes to the site.

with a can of charjacola on his hand to quench his thirst, he arrives all sweaty at the battle, having ran from one end of the beach to another. thee grind never stops and shouldn't slow down.

"hey!" he calls the one other person at the venue besides him. "martin, right?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:08:47 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Hoenn’s best sure works hard. But nothing less is to be expected, right?
[break][break]
Mars himself… Well, he’s been busy, but definitely not ‘run from one side of the beach to the other with a can of Charja-cola’ kind of busy. Poor guy, someone get him a golf cart to drive him around or something.
[break][break]
”Hey! Martín, actually, but just call me Mars – easier to pronounce.” He grins. Accents are important, alright?
[break][break]
”Do you need a second to cool down?” And maybe a towel. Seriously, how far had he ran to get this sweaty?

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#405D94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:15:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"true," he agrees with the bit about the nickname. "i wish my name has something i can shorten it to."

kyle was such a common and an npc name. if he can maybe get it to something cool like mars from martin, maybe he can actually imagine himself in his title. kyle the champion-- that just begs for the title to be given away.

not that he cared though.

"oh, just one sec, thanks." he rubs the cool, metal can onto his cheek to alleviate some heat away before giving a huff. "aight, i'm ready. preference on the rules?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:28:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha. It’s not so bad, though I guess you could try to get creative with a nickname.”
[break][break]
Nicknames never work when you give them to yourself though, that’s just lame. We’re talking basic high school rules here!
[break][break]
Kyle’s name could be way worse, like… he could be called ‘Kyle Smith’ or something equally as basic. Then again, ‘Lopez’ is kind of basic in Spanish, but of course Mars isn’t going to point that out loud to our dear champion over here.
[break][break]
That would be mean, and we’re not here to be mean, we’re here to lose a battle (and to ponder on names, apparently).
[break][break]
”Your typical one versus one is fine, I bet you have some other battle to get to after we’re done here, huh?” The grind never ends. Keep on hustling.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#405D94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:37:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"one versus one is great."

kyle plucks a pokeball from his waist and releases a mightyena. it's already there so he might as well get it out.

"well, probably. i don't have anything scheduled, so i just go take random matches."

if no one takes the bait, then he supposed he's going to take a break. unfortunately, crunch time meant that there will always be people who wants to battle.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:52:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A Mightyena. Right. Mars had heard somewhere that this guy really liked dogs or something. Probably one of those magazines that really loved writing gossip-filled articles about Hoenn’s favourite celebrity trainers. Don’t blame him for buying those, it's good lightreading for when spending the day sunbathing.
[break][break]
”Oh yeah? That must be fun, you probably get some interesting match ups from that,” he says this, but he can’t help but feel kind of bad for whoever poor bastard ends up having an unexpected match against the champion without knowing he’s the champion. Do people like that even exist? Probably.
[break][break]
He brings out a pokéball, from it calling a Glaceon who apparently isn’t a big fan of all this heat, since she immediately summoned HAIL upon the battle site.
[break][break]
”Oh. Hope you didn’t want the first move, Mel’s kind of impatient.” Mars smirks. On the bright side, at least it’s kind of refreshing. Painful, but refreshing.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 4:28:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kinda," he confesses. "most memorable so far was a match with someone whose pokemon got shoved into the water by my pokemon."

the hail barely disturbs the mightyena, though he can see the little bops of his head when he instinctively retracts against the cold. it's kinda cute, kyle thinks.

"don't worry, that's fine."

his mightyena doesn't need orders for its first move. it's protocol for him to decide the best first move since he can tell something that kyle can't with the naked eye.

it moves forward, and with a charming rumble in his throat, attempts to woo the glaceon into attraction.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 5:09:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Into the water? Really? I guess that’s at least kind of refreshing.” He laughs, but in his mind he can’t help but imagine a pokémon hurling another into the sea. He wonders if the Mightyena can somehow do this, and that in itself is a concerning thought. Since, while the Glaceon may be used to going wakeboarding with him, she sure isn’t a great swimmer all on her own.
[break][break]
And speaking of Glaceon...
[break][break]
Damn, Mars really thought she would have better taste than to fall for a Mightyena, but no, ATTRACT makes its mark, and Melpomene lightly wags her icy tail – barking happily at the pokémon that’s supposed to be her opponent. Is she suddenly a dog? Eeveelutions are too ambiguous to be sure.
[break][break]
It’s a flip of a coin on whether she’ll attack or not, and this time around, her sweet yelps come accompanied by a lovingly cast BLIZZARD.
[break][break]
That’s just how she shows her love, alright?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:32:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
in the midst of the strong, cold winds, the mightyena manages to persevere. he starts to walk up to the glaceon in strides in a perfectly arrogant manner.

showcasing his swagger in such adversity wasn't something kyle expects, but he supposed it's only natural for his own mightyena.

"i had an eevee double battle too," he mentions as he walks away from the trajectory of the blizzard. "that one's pretty cute."

the double between four eeveelutions, not the way his mightyena was acting.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:58:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Guess what fool forgot Snow Cloak is a thing?
[break][break]
Not Mars, but Azul, because she really do be tired while writing these things.
[break][break]
Kyle’s Mightyena thought he looked real cool strutting about in the middle of a Blizzard. Mars didn’t think so, but his Glaceon, on the other hand? Well, she thought he looked adorable. Forget attacking and forget getting angry and confused, the Glaceon had more important things to do! Such as, for example, trying to pounce the Mightyena to give him a big ol’ smooch...
[break][break]
Mars sighed, since there wasn't much that could be done about all that.
[break][break]
At least it was kind of comical.
[break][break]
”They really have those? Huh, makes sense, I guess... Maybe I’ll sign up for one sometime.”
[break][break]
It did sound cute, way cuter than whatever was going on in this battle. Could it even be called a battle?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:34:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, it was kind of like a condition both of us agreed on."

eevee battles were fun since everyone builds theirs differently. kyle has a support espeon, a pokemon usually geared for offense, and he was against an attack umbreon, a pokemon built for defense.

the mightyena and the glaceon does the smooching. it has successfully seduced the opponent. the only thing left for the mightyena to do was to rock smash.

with a heavy paw, the mightyena performs domestic violence and attacks the glaceon.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:52:26 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Riiight… And are your Eevee evolutions also like this?” He smirks, casually pointing at the Mightyena, who as if on cue, smacks the Glaceon with ROCK SMASH after they just shared a nice and sweet smooch. By which, Mars actually means something along the lines of: ’Damn, dude, you have some pretty fucked up pokémon.’
[break][break]
Which, actually, he can respect, since most of his pokémon aren’t all kind and lovely either.
[break][break]
But, anyway...
[break][break]
Poor Glaceon is pushed back by the force of the attack, whimpering sadly because her beloved Mightyena just hit her. In her sadness, and not at all with the intention of attacking, she summons an ICY WIND with her cries – a powerful gust blowing and being bound to slow down anything it touches.
[break][break]
But hey, at least it’s not another Blizzard, right?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:05:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"not really. my mightyena are usually, uh, less than well-behaved..."

"kinda ruins the reputation of dark-types to be honest."

the icy wind is comparable to a cold shower that stops the mightyena's advancements to the glaceon. the games stop once the serious look from the pokemon appears.

kyle can only sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. "i didn't tell you to use your z-move, delta." his words bear no weight once the attack started though.

z-move
all-out pummeling

the mightyena beats up the glaceon with all his might for literally no reason besides wanting to win the match. kyle wants to think this is toxic masculinity after the attract and the swagger, but he knows his pokemon's just an ass.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:22:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh, I can see that.. But hey, whatever works.” Toxic and kind of an asshole as the Mightyena might be, Mars can’t deny that everything the pokémon is doing is pretty effective, so he holds no resentment even if his Glaceon is about to take the beating of a lifetime in about two seconds…
[break][break]
”Damn, talk about overkill.”
[break][break]
All they can do is watch the destructive power of ALL-OUT PUMMELING striking the Glaceon again and again until she’s no longer moving or making any sound at all. Sure enough, she FAINTS, leaving the Mightyena as the victor.
[break][break]
It’s another win for misogyny, folks.
[break][break]
”Well… Congrats, I guess.” He laughs lightly, calling the Glaceon back to her pokéball, but damn… that was one hell of a weird fight.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs mars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:30:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"please promise me that you'll only teach your actually responsible pokemon a z-move if you get an opportunity," he tells mars as he recalls his mightyena.

the reason for such is already obvious, with exhibit a just in front of them moments ago.

"just glad they don't use it at home to be honest. then again, they have someone looking after them, so there's that, i guess."

so glad his other pokemon have the brains to talk his mightyena out of it whenever they playfight in his yard.

"and thanks! you and your glaceon did great too."