6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:21:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the vs seeker matches him with someone he doesn't know. it's nice to meet strangers, or at least, that's what he tells himself.

going to the meeting place for the match, kyle sips on a cup of iced coffee as he waits. something to cool him down from the heat and wake him up after exhausting himself with battles was definitely needed.

kyle's eyes are on the phone instead of looking around for the paired opponent. it's a small break from all the walking around and setting up of battles, but it's a break he'd gladly take nonetheless.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:14:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Luka hasn't been in Hoenn long enough to remember prominent League members by face, or even name. If she had, there's no way she would have actually showed up for a match against the Champion. But as it is, she's blissfully unaware and appears a few moments later, rosé curls bobbing as she rushes over to their meeting place. There's a half-finished smoothie from her battle with in her hand. [break][break] "I'm sorry!" she calls out, flashing an earnestly apologetic smile. "I hope you weren't waiting long! Ah, erm...Mister...Lopez, right? I think we got matched up! I'm Luka!" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:32:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, not at all! i wasn't waiting that... long, yeah." he fumbles over his words, but he hopes that it's enough to get apologies out of the window.

"i got a five star unit though, so maybe you're good luck," he jests in small talk.

putting away his phone, he starts his introductions.

"yup. nice to meet you luka." the same words always felt repetitive in his tongue, but since it's the easiest way to be polite, he can't really complain. "any battle format you prefer?"

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 18:51:45 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Really? Well, I'm glad!" Luka glances at his phone- she wants to ask what kind of game it is, but figures that's a conversation for later. Instead they shift into pleasantries, the questions that Luka's gotten slightly used to asking and answering. What kind of battle, how many Pokemon...to her, even these mundane queries are still pretty new and exciting.[break][break] "Mmm...I think I kind of like doubles," she muses aloud. "Though I've never tried a triple battle, that could be fun... Ah, sorry! That is, um...I-I'm a little new at this," she admits with a sheepish laugh. If Kyle feels like things have gotten repetitive, maybe this'll be a refreshing change of pace. For you see, she's not like other girls! [break][break] She's worse. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 1:01:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"a triple battle it is then."

kyle takes out three pokeballs, releasing three dogs on his side of the field.

"no better way to experience a battle format than a match during the event, right? it's like hitting two birds with one stone."

the idiom's kinda cruel on hindsight, but it's common enough that people don't mind using it.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 2:12:25 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Puppies! How cute. If she had her druthers, Luka would rather just play with the dogs than battle them. But that's not how any of this works, is it? [break][break] After thinking it over she releases three of her own Pokemon with a theme of their own: pink! A Musharna, Clefable and shiny Buneary stand as opponents, though largely unintimidating ones. [break][break] "Mmmnn...I guess so! E-either way, I'm excited to try this kind of battle out! You'll, erm, have to forgive me though, if I mess up the order a little bit..." [break][break] [break]✓ participate in a triple battle!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 2:17:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"better to mess up now than during a gym battle or something," kyle jests.

"i guess we're taking the first move."

his pokemon bark almost in unison, but just off enough that it just appears as a ringing in his ears. he's used to it by now, so he's kinda unfazed by it.

"substitute. copycat. smog."

the furfrou creates a copy of itself as well as the lucario. with five bodies on the field, the houndoom creates a mist of poison that conceals them.

kyle is lost in his own battle plan and had just muttered the usual moves that has become his favorite lately.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 2:39:17 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Wow. He has a plan right off the bat, huh? It looks like a pretty solid strategy too. Luka glances at her team and the three of them look back; she knows they're not expecting some brilliant strategy from her, but she feels like she should do something to set up! [break][break] "Umm...okay. Plum, use calm mind! Bonbon, use bounce to get above that smog! And um, Cupcake...use spotlight!" It's not much of a setup, the three not quite in synergy with each other. But Plum focuses herself while Luka's Buneary springs high into the air, and Clefable beams and does a little dance to draw attention towards herself. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 2:56:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the musharna boosting itself up with moves catches his attention. he's too out of the game from having too many battles recently that he loses attention to the entire picture.

"dark pulse. bite. steel beam. all on musharna."

he forgets about the spotlight, that earns a pinch on the bridge of the nose from him. as all his pokemon were rushing to attack the musharna, they notice the clefable and target her instead.

two long ranged moves from the houndoom and the lucario would reach first before the furfrou hones in on melee to strike with its bite.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:07:42 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Three attacks- especially a super effective one- are too much for poor Cupcake to take on at once. Luka feels awful as the fairy type totters to the ground, recalling her and giving her love ball an affectionate little smooch before she tucks it safely away. She's a bit shaken by the sheer power of her opponent...what powerful moves! And what impressive teamwork from his pokemon, even if they did go after the wrong target.[break][break]But her other two pokemon are at least safe. Luka does her best not to panic, pinching her cheek to keep her head in the game. From the sky, Bonbon descends upon the field, her bounce slamming onto the opponents side and sending up a wave of sand and dirt from the impact. However, it's unclear if she hits any of her actual targets, or just the substitutes instead. And now Plum, having had an opportunity to set up properly, gets to attack! "Use Psychic!" Luka shouts, her voice only trembling a little bit, and a wave of brilliant purple energy is sent to the smog-covered side of the battlefield. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:14:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the buneary manages to destroy the substitutes with the impact of the bounce alongside pushing the substitute-less houndoom away.

psychic gets the now defenseless furfrou away from melee range, blowing it away from the musharna alongside clearing the smog. the furfrou coincidentally hits the houndoom too.

the lucario was the only one that can act at the moment.

"aura sphere."

the aura sphere gets fired to the rabbit for a super effective hit.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:32:11 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It's a pretty direct attack. A powerful move from a very powerful opponent- the poor bouncing bunny nearly goes down with just that hit. Across the field, Luka frets as she considers withdrawing Bonbon...but leaving the field as three against one is too poorly stacked against her.[break][break] "Er, gosh...ah, hit with flail! And Plum, let's use another psychic!" While Musharna repeats the same psychic type move, Buneary staggers to her feet and attacks the Lucario in front of her directly with a last-ditch effort, her low health at least boosting the attack's power. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:41:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the psychic eventually gets the furfrou down, prompting kyle to recall it back to its ball. the lucario gets downeed to his legs with the buneary's attack all while the houndoom was getting up.

"nasty plot, and steel beam."

with what little energy the lucario has left, it fires the attack at the buneary. the lucario, being empathetic, uses just enough power to knock it out instead of being overkill.

the recoil gets it down eventually, which kyle then recalls it for.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:50:41 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Bonbon goes down. Not as badly as she could, and both trainer and pokemon are infinitely thankful for that small show of mercy. But at this point the battle is all but decided- Luka remembers enough about type matchups to know that against a Houndoom, her dreamy little baby is at a significant disadvantage. [break][break] Still, she tries, and therefore no one should criticize her. "One last psychic!" she shouts, but then realizes her mistake. "N-no, wait, I mean moonblast-" But it's too late. The psychic attack hits Houndoom as harmlessly as soap bubbles, and Luka suddenly wants to jump into the ocean, never to return. [break][break] [break] ✓ use a non effective move

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs luka [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:59:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
both sides were confused when the attack from the musharna gets fired.

the move doesn't do anything, and the houndoom fires back with a dark pulse without even a need for the trainer to say anything.

"it's ok. two out of three is a close enough battle," he attempts to comfort his opponent, trying to make it better for her because it looked like she was about to die.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">