part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
56. CATS VS. DOGS
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 4:32:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AUGUST EVENT (CVD)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: AUGUST 31ST, 11:59AM PST
NORMAL/DOG/CAT-TYPE PERKS

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qx52vu91qL1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

CONCLUDING SEASIDE SUMMER

SEASIDE SUMMER HAS NOW CONCLUDED. As we head into August, several events and activities have been wrapped up or will continue for a little while longer. Look below for the complete list.

• I. The DANGEROUS DISCOVERIES DEATH-ENABLED RAID will resume sometime later. However, FOLLIES OF YOUTH PART II continues, modded by the amazing SOV.
  • II. The HOENN STAR TOURNAMENT is now over! You all made it! The HST SHOP will be open after audits and records all Battle Points. will assist by slowly rewarding threads with their POKEDOLLARS and INFAMY. Expect the shop to open up in the next following days.
  • III. The DESOLATE LAND & STAIRCASE SCHISMS RAIDS will conclude very soon. These raids are ICLY SET AT THE END OF AUGUST as a note. Thank you all for your incredible participation so far.

CATS V. DOGS INTRO & PERKS

WHAT IS THIS EVENT?

I'M PAWSITIVELY EXHAUSTED!! SO TELL ME WHY I'M RUNNING ERRANDS FOR A COOKING DOG & CAT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY GOD DAMN HEART?! or, in abbreviated terms, CATS VERSUS DOGS (CVD), we are cooling down! We are taking a cat nap! In order for people to rest after battling threads, this event cycle will feature lax activities on top of the usual changes.[break][break]

NORMAL-TYPE PERKS

NORMAL-TYPE POKEMON GAIN BENEFITS! This includes Pokemon with dual typings that include the normal type. Furthermore, the following "cat" and "dog" Pokemon will also receive these perks!:[break][break]

[break][break]

• normal/dog/cat pokemon evolutionary lines have their evolutions discounted by 50%.
  • normal/dog/cat pokemon evolutionary lines have a higher chance of possessing 5 moves, egg moves, hidden abilities, and being shiny.
  • magikarp can be sold to the black market for 100 PD, while water-type pokemon can be sold for 2X THE PRICE.

CAT VS. DOG EVENTS

[attr="class","reward2"]SPECIAL EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
[break][break][break]

I'M PAWSITIVELY EXHAUSTED!! SO TELL ME WHY I'M RUNNING ERRANDS FOR A COOKING DOG & CAT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY GOD DAMN HEART?!

TWO RIVAL BEACHSIDE POP-UPS APPEAR ON SLATEPORT BEACH. in shakespearean fashion, they stare each other down in a stiff competition for customers. both stalls have become well-known for their food— but should you visit these restaurants, you would find that they are being manned by a meowth and slurpuff! [break][break]

help gather ingredients, prepare mise en place, and cook dishes to help the meowth or slurpuff's stall win the hearts of slateport's customers! only one can prevail![break][break]

EVENT LINK: click here!

SAUNA STAMINA

LATER IN THE MONTH, let your characters detox by sweating it all out! a jjimjilbang has become popular in LAVARIDGE TOWN; however, some people may find it difficult to stomach the sauna's heat![break][break]

EVENT LINK: click here!

MASTERMIND: CLEVER CONTEST

A NEW POKEMON CONTEST has arrived, conceptualized by the brilliant writer who knows how to weaponize a Jynx through language, MURK! This is a member-led event, naturally. Look forward to Murk's incredible work![break][break]

[break]

NEW AWARDS

NEXT, we would like to direct your attention to new awards. Thanks to GREYSON, FONZ, VEN, AZUL and YAMS for the help and ideas! More awards will be coming soon of course.![break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","reward2"]STANDARD EVENTS/REFRESHES
[break][break][break]

NEW SWARMS

BE ON THE LOOKOUT! The list below will be continually updated with new swarms, for these events are time-limited. Furthermore, swarms will also be posted on the Discord and on the site's navigational menus, so you can't miss them![break][break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

SAFARI ZONE

THE SAFARI ZONE HAS REFRESHED with a new selection. This new selection will last until 8/31 11:59PM PST. Below, you can see the new rotation of Pokemon that you can capture. The previous safari selection's threads will be forcibly archived by AUGUST 7TH, 11:59PM PST.[break][break][break]

[break]

[break][break][break]

To enter the safari zone, purchase a safari zone ticket for 50 PD in the site shop.
[break][break][break]

NEW & RETURNING MISSIONS

CVD will feature new missions! Many of them will be related to cats and dogs; however, more content will be coming to help provide interesting roleplay prompts on top of bountiful rewards.[break][break][break]

CATS VS. DOGS MISSIONS[break][break]
These missions will be archived by the end of the event. Event cycle exclusive missions often reward more pokedollars and items.[break][break]
[break][break][break]