Kitty Rescue or Pest Chase Off? (open mission)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 22:10:17 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan walked around the place, eyes still a little red from crying that his baby bro was going to leave him for his own direction. But he had to be strong. He was the older brother, he had to be better. Aaron...was already the better trainer, in his eyes. And he had long suspected this was only a way for the youngest Toral to leave the nest. Still, he moped about, until he heard a meow. Looking up, he saw a Meowth...stuck in a tree. He looked around to see if anyone else was around. Nope. Sighing heavily, he started to climb up. Once he was up, he just sat on the same limb as the cat Pokemon. It did come to him slowly.

It even rested its head on his lap a little bit, and purred when Kee tentatively petted it. Then, swift as lightning, it stole his cell phone/pokedex, and jumped down, running like hell. Kee's face turned red as he got angry. Mischievous little shit! He jumped down, started to chase the stupid Pokemon!
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 21:00:14 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

Cats vs dogs. It was an age old question, a battle for the ages. And, as far as she was concerned, it was also completely pointless. After all, she was very much a rat owner at this point and Rattata at her shoulder so far had proven to be a better pet than any dog she’d ever seen. But they still very much had an image problem. So, yes, the fools of this world still swore to these inferior breeds.

It was sad, but could not be helped. They would have to learn the hard way. Like that boy in a tree – himself probably closer to apes than humans to begin with? – who had apparently just begun a fight with a Meowth. Frankly, she could not tell too well, only having arrived at the tail-end of it all. But it seemed quite apparent that the thieving cat was quite successful in its ploy. Which, given Vio’s nature and history, the young woman found quite amusing. “It appears that you are having quite the trouble with cats there,” she commented out loud, while Rattata jumped down from her shoulder with some jittering, thinking about pursuing the kitty.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 2:14:33 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
"So it would seem. If you help me out, I'll treat you to dinner? I just want my phone and Pokedex back..." He took out a pokeball and tossed it up. In a burst of light, Houndour appeared. "Pal, a Meowth just stole my phone, track it!" And with that, Houndour latched on to the scent and ran, with Kee close behind. It was kind of ridiculous. A literal game of cats versus dogs. He'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that he was part of it. Luckily, his Houndour was quite a tracker, and was able to quickly catch up to the cat. Meowth started running again...

It was odd. It looked like it was trying to lose them, but why would it steal a phone? Unless it was packing it as part of its nest, but Meowth didn't do that, they'd rather steal food. Did a trainer own it and was using Meowth as a tool to do petty crimes? He didn't know, and hopefully they'd find out at the end of this chase...

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 20:13:37 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ohey, a chance for free dinner. Well, not entirely free since she would have to help the boy for it. But, honestly? In situations like these, she could usually coast by with minimal effort. Giving off that delicate girl kind of look, people usually did not expect a whole lot from her to begin with, other than trying to help when a clear opportunity or need arose. And that? That she definitely could do.

“Sure, I can help,” she replied, not talking about his offer as if not insisting on it. That would probably make him more willing to go through with it later. And if not, she could always remind him and more or less gently insist on it.
Vio had been doing all this for a long, long time.

Fortunately, the boy had his own tracker dog. So, while Rattata followed along, investigating brushes here and there, they could mostly rely on that one to find the way for them. “So, do you often run into trouble with cats?” Her question was half incredulous, half idle, as she tried to keep pace and just follow along for the time being.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 0:56:37 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
The woman decided to help him out, and sent her Rattata off with his Houndour. He was glad that his offer helped out with getting some additional help. The rat of a Pokemon went off just to double check the brush. She did have a quick question for him. "Not usually...most cat Pokemon I've encountered were well behaved." But clearly not this one. They soon found themselves next to a house. Where there was a tree near the window, and they saw the Meowth jump inside the second story open window. So, it did belong to someone. "Rotten people...making their Pokemon do something like that...hey, I hate to ask you, but could you knock on the front door? I may be pretty harmless looking, but I'm still a guy, they'll probably would still be on guard..." It kind of sucked having to ask this delicate and cute girl do something so dangerous. But he was nearby, as was his Houndour.

And he had another plan. Taking out another Pokeball, he released his Sizzilepede. "Hey, you stay quiet, and don't cause a scene. Go up there and check it out. If it's clear let me know, otherwise, stay hidden until it's good for me to climb up." The red bug pokemon crawled up the tree all the way to the nearest branch. There wasn't much gap between it and the open window, and it was easy for Sizzilepede to get inside. Keenan would have to jump in due to his weight likely to snap the branch that far out. But for now, he stayed around the corner of the house, out of sight, hoping to listen to see what the owner of the house said to his new lady friend.
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:49:11 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“I don’t think that makes them rotten,” she replied, half crouching in hiding between the trees, hands on her knees and observing the place. “If they did not use Pokemon, they would do it themselves. And it is not any better nor worse than fighting, at least when it comes to making Pokemon do it. Those things do have the ability to say no, after all. What irks you is a rot that already was there to begin with, if you ask me.” Granted, nobody really did. Even this boy was probably just going to brush these words off either way. But she did not say them for him, anyway.

But hey, at least the boy had a plan. A pretty stupid plan, in her opinion, but it was a plan at least. After all, he was about to send her into the den of what was at least a thief. What all could happen there was anyone’s guess. But she already had a plan for that, calling for her Spiritomb near the door, which would Sucker Punch anyone try to harm her. The boy clearly underestimated her in that regard, which she requited by teasing him some more. “True, you are still a guy. I should probably be on guard around you too, for who knows what you might do~” she noted, chuckling. Then, she went onwards, towards the door, seeking to ring the bell and simply wait politely.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 21:42:04 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Kee just looked at her. Okay then...yes, very good point. "Fair point. My only contention is that there could be extenuating circumstances that making the Meowthe follow their orders. She went with his tentative plan. Though the comment towards him made him chuckle. "Sorry honey, I prefer men. So you got nothing to worry about with me." He was fairly open about his preferences. Still, she released a Spiritomb. Which made him gawk. That was a really cool ghost. His brother would love to have it. He also waited for the door after she rang the doorbell. An angry guy opened it. "What do you want?" The guy was awfully gruff and mean. Kee didn't know what he looked like, but he didn't sound like a nice person.

Sizzilipede went out of the room. Luckily, the door was open. And they went exploring. It wasn't long before it found a small collection of electronics and jewelry. In addition, it saw a cage with several other Meowth. They were alive, but not in the best of health. The one that they had followed was on the outside, trying to comfort a couple of them...seemed to be making the rounds. Looking at how cruelly they were being treated made the bug Pokemon mad. What little time it had with Keenan, the guy had been nothing but upstanding to it. It quickly scurried past the room and went on the walls. It soon found the front entrance, where the guy was yelling at the lady...

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 22:49:40 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Oh, so he was that kind of guy, eh? Well, not like she was one to judge, having had a lot more women in bed this past year than men. Well, one. But one was still a whole lot more than zero, she guessed. Though, naturally, that statement alone meant next to nothing. Not like anyone who would want her ill would be completely honest, either.

Then again, men had a lot more issues making that lie than women. Somehow, straight guys would pretend anything else before being gay, which always struck her as incredibly weird. And bad. Much worse than anything she’d ever done. But she was not going to give the boy brownie points just for that, either.

Instead, she went on to handle her part of the, well, job. The scrawny, scraggy and bearded redhead opening the door kind of demanded her attention more. “Ah, good day to you as well dear sir. I have just come passing by to inform you of the fact that a burglar has been seen in these parts. They say that he is a dangerous, violent criminal, so we are warning the people nearby. Least they would find themselves harmed and bodily injured by his vile Pokemon. I take it that you have taken security measures for your own home, yes?” Nothing like setting up a partner like this – in multiple ways, of course. Who knew where this might lead, but as long as it did not endanger her much, she was going to enjoy the show.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:10:24 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan listened in. "Yeah, I'm good. If that burglar tried anything here, they'd get a baseball bat in the face along with everything my Pokemon have. Now piss off." The guy slammed the door shut. And they could hear the lock being, well, locked. Well, that could have been better, but also worse. Peeking around the corner, he walked over to her. "Well, that could have been both better and worse. What did the guy look like?" After getting a description he just wanted to wait until Sizzilipede came through.

The bug had hid, and waited for the guy to leave the door. The guy had went up the stairs and out of sight. The bug made his move, crawling out, then went to the door. The little guy managed to get up and unlocked the door. And managed to push the door open. Kee smiled and recalled the little guy, after telling him good job. Foolish as it was, he went in first. Quietly, he looked around. Nothing of note, really. But he soldiered on, not knowing if the young lady was going to follow or not.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 20:33:10 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

“Well, be sure to hit the kneecaps then,” she replied, smiling and completely unfazed by his rudeness. This way, she could kind of make fun of both men at once, which was awfully expedient. Though she definitely did not want to just sneak in now, given that this guy did look like he actually meant what he’d said. Then again, she did not actually have a reason to enter.

After all, that distraction should have been good enough for the boy to reclaim his items. He did come back to the door, after all. Probably meant he was finished.
However, he instead went on to have his Pokemon open the door, before adding the entering to his breaking. “So, um, not to be a spoilsport, but do you have your things back now? Because that would be a grey area, but now you are actively breaking the law. And he would be quite within his right to beat you into a pulp,” she noted, making perfectly sure that, even as she glanced further inside, she did not cross the threshold.

Not that Vio minded breaking the law. She just preferred to do so for a good reason, rather than randomly like this. It did feel superfluous.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 21:19:40 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
"That Meowth was probably watching over it. Your choice to report to the police. I'm just going to get my property back." And he was going to be very careful. There was no doubt that the guy probably could beat Kee senseless. But damn it, that phone was his lifeline! He moved silently inside, careful of any creaks or sound. His Sizzilipede led the way up. It stayed against the wall and peaked over the stairs. Upon not seeing anything, he looked down and nodded at Kee. The boy continued up, and followed his Pokemon. When it stopped just short a room, the blonde figured that was it.

Upon peaking inside, he was horrified at the caged cats. The one that stole his phone was trying to calm one of them down with an outstretched paw on the head. Looking around, he didn't see a key. Who wanted to bet that man had it. Walking in, and alerting the Pokemon to his presence, he first went to the table. His phone was there, but so was other things. Small electronic devices mostly. But there was a wallet here and there, even a purse. The Meowth was tense, ready to attack. Kee went over to the lock, and inspected it. Standard padlock from the looks of things. If that asshole was gone, he'd have Sizzilipede use ember on it, then Beldum use tackle. But then he heard footsteps. Keenan went underneath the lone table, as Sizzilipede hid behind a desk. Keenan did a motion to tell the cat to stay quiet.

The Meowth nodded and went back to comforting its kin...
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 18:04:41 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Hmmm….

On the one hand, the owner of this place was a jerk and definitely deserved bad things happening to them. But on the other hand, that boy was also kind of….jerky. He was quite clearly just in it for himself, of course. She usually did not mind that. In that particular glass house, she did not want to start throwing stones, obviously. But on the other hand, well, he didn’t really have style doing it.

She sighed. This was getting rather annoying, so she was of half a mind to just walk away. Taking sides was probably a bad idea for her in general, too. But she also wanted to do something. Crossing her arms, she briefly mulled this over. Then she got an idea.
While everyone else was busy doing this and that, she simply released Rhyperior from its Pokeball. “Just break stuff, then leave, we will meet in the woods,” she told the big Pokemon before casually leaving. That way, she might alert the owner, but also distract him. And she endangered the kid but also helped him. That sat well with her, really, and with a smile on her face she would go and look for a hiding place while in the house, a Hammer Arm was used to start and break down a wall.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 22:04:31 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan was super nervous as he heard the footsteps. He barely saw the man's legs when the whole house shook. The man stumbled and cursed, the Meowth and its family screamed, and Kee managed to keep his mouth shut. Thankfully, with him being so low to the ground, he was able to withstand it the most. He saw the unstable feet go away, as the place was still being torn apart. With all the racket...he took out a pokeball, and released his Beldum.

"Sizzilipede, use ember on that padlock! Beldum, use tackle once it's glowing!" The fire bug crawled out, and fired several balls of flame at the lock, soon making it glow. Then the blue meteor looking pokemon slammed into it with all its might, breaking it. "Time to go!" Kee and the pokemon ran to the window by the tree as they heard the man cursing and screeching about something downstairs. The gaggle of Meowth went first, then the Sizzilipede, then Beldum, and Kee was last. They all climbed down, and ran for the woods.

It wasn't long before Kee and the pokemon saw the lady with...a Rhyperior?! Where did she get all these badass and cool Pokemon?! Going over to them, Kee was about to say something, when they heard the man shouting. The guy stormed over to the Meowth, fist raised, and swung. Only to hit Kee in the face. The blonde went down, spat a little bit, but stood up in front of the Pokemon. Chills tingled his spine as he looked over to his Sizzilipede and Beldum. They were pissed. But the sudden appearance of two officers, both of which having seen the punch and attempted strike at a Pokemon, stopped Kee's own buddies from vengeance. The man was arrested on the spot for assault, Pokemon abuse, and grand theft. After getting Kee's statement, they wanted to get the woman's too, as a witness.

After that, they left. Sighing heavily, he recalled both of his Pokemon as he felt several things grab his legs. Looking down, it was the Meowth and its family. He smiled at them and pointed at her. "She helped. More indirectly, but still." The cat Pokemon nodded at her, then left. Sitting down, panting, he asked her a question. "So...what kind of meal do you want? No real fine dining, but decent enough sit-down places I can do..." He rubbed his cheek...he could already feel it bruise...that was going to be fun to explain...

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 12:57:02 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
This, this was definitely getting annoying. Her plan had worked reasonably well so far. Rhyperior caused some trouble, then eventually returned, so she could recall it just as the boy arrived. As long as no one took a closer look, she could just say that she had nothing to do with it, after all. And as long as no one checked her Pokeballs, they would likely never assume for her to be the one responsible for this.

And if it had not been for the boy and his flock of Meowths, she would have gotten away with it completely, too. Fortunately though, the mad man took it upon himself to focus mostly on the boy and whack him for her, meaning she would not have to exert any retributional force herself. Men were just always so eager to get physical with one another, really.
However, since officers soon arrived, she did what she did best when confronted with the law and simply kept quiet. Just giving the most bare-bones of responses she mostly just stuck to general facts and things she could not embellish. Her assault on that man’s home was left out completely, of course, and she hoped that the boy would get a cue and not talk about that, either.
And given that she was let off the hook rather easily, it stood to argue that he did.

Which meant that this whole ordeal was swiftly finished, at least on their end. She doubted that even that man would face a lot of repercussions for all this, but that ultimately did not matter too much, either way. They did get what they had been after. “Hmm, anything with noodles is fine, I reckon,” she replied, not really caring too much. She did not exactly expect him to compete with Amor Rose, after all, especially since he ostensibly did not want to get into her pants. But that was the next best thing, really. “Unless you have a better idea. I am just passing through town, so I am all for trying things out. As long as you don’t lose all your stuff again on the way there.
close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 16:22:18 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Keenan did get the hint, and likewise covered for her. No need to get her in trouble for helping her out, despite technically endangering himself. Still, his cheek, despite turning black and blue real fast, wasn't swelling up. Just...really sore. The officers were satisfied with their answers, and so left. Pretty confident with the evidence found and what they witnessed that the man would be in jail for fifteen years. Good behavior, maybe five, but still likely longer. The blonde recalled his two friends. "I know a fantastic place with a decent selection of pasta dishes. It's really good, and you're practically guaranteed to have leftovers! If you end up not liking it, I'll take you someplace else. Don't worry, hopefully that'll be the first and last time that happens." Otherwise, Kee was going to get mad. But for now, he was going to enjoy the victory, and hopefully make a new friend. He doubted it, but you never know.

~Thread End~