November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 20:27:36 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]
Slateport University. It was an incredibly intimidating thought. She had been out of formal education for a while, preferring to focus on her adventures and exploration. Originally, she had only intended for Hoenn to be just a stepping stone on her explorations of the world, but all it took was one stop for her to fall in love with the tropical nation and indebted to it all at the same time. [break][break]

She let out a heavy sigh, slowly hoisting her backpack further up onto her back. Attending university would change everything. It meant an end to camping around, living on the road, and meeting people. It meant settling down in an apartment, getting a job... growing up. And yet, it was something she kind of wanted to do. There was only so little she could do without actual training, of any kind. And there were so many things she actually wanted to do.[break][break]

Forcing a smile to her face, Ruby slowly stepped onto the campus proper. It was an easy decision to schedule a visit to the university, see just if it truly fits her. After all, what educational facility in Slateport wouldn't want their infamous saint? Leaning into the reputation was always a double-edged sword, but she truly hoped everything would work out for the best. [break][break]

Entirely unsure where to go, or even who to talk to, Ruby slowly began to wander around the entrance of campus. Her eyes drifting from building to building, before finally snapping back to focus. Wasn't there a number she was supposed to message? Some sort of welcome committee? Or student representative? Honestly, she didn't even know. Regardless, she'd pull out her phone in an attempt to find the messages, only to gently bump into the person she was supposed to meet to begin with.
[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

pilo

She/her
November 12
???
Straight
Silph co coder.
Cadet
none
Single
158 height
158 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yui
Yui Fujin Silph
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:17:29 GMT
Yui Fujin Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkporksoda-bg"]
[attr="class","darkporksoda-bd"]
[attr="class","darkporksoda-hd"]
[attr="class","darkporksoda-icn"]

[attr="class","ion-wifi"] [break]
[attr="class","ion-battery-full"]
[attr="class","darkporksoda-lyr"]

[attr="class","darkporksoda-img"]

Yui was volunteering some spare time she had to give a tour to someone. She wasn't exactly sure who it was that she'd be taking around on a tour of university but she assumed it would be an opportunity to place some extra stuff on her doctorate's program application so she accepted. [break][break]

She didn't expect however for that person to bump right into her. She turned around and hesitated to help her up before deciding to assist her anyways. [break][break]
 "Are you alright?" she asked bending down to try and extend a hand to the girl and help pick her up.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ion-star"] ELGYEM & ART CREDIT

[googlefont=Open Sans][googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bg"]width: 370px; background: #111111; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 20px; -moz-border-radius: 20px; border-radius: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd"]width: 350px; background: #252525; border-left: 1px solid #3c3c3c; border-right: 1px solid #3c3c3c; color: #7d7d7d; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd b"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; color: #9633C8 [/font]; font-weight: normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd i"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd a"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; color: #9633C8;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-hd"]background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #9633C8, #DAACF4);[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-icn"]float: right; background: #252525; padding: 20px; -webkit-clip-path: polygon(30% 0%, 70% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 70% 100%, 30% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 30%); clip-path: polygon(30% 0%, 70% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 70% 100%, 30% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 30%); font-size: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-lyr"]padding: 20px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-img img"]shape-outside: circle(50%);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:25:58 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Oh, this was so embarrassing. She tumbled to the ground for a bit, making sure to pick up her phone that had also spilled out of her grip. Glancing up, she hesitantly grabbed the woman's hand as she pulled herself back up. With a soft blush on her cheeks, Ruby spoke up. [break][break]

"Oh, uh, sorry! Yeah, I'm fine." She'd finally brush off the skirt she had been wearing. Why in the world did she bother to actually try and look nice for this? It was a school tour, not a job interview. Feeling flustered, she eventually continued. "Excuse me, ma'am, I'm actually trying to find the uh... well, I don't know what they are called. I'm here for a tour, I guess?"
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

pilo

She/her
November 12
???
Straight
Silph co coder.
Cadet
none
Single
158 height
158 height
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yui
Yui Fujin Silph
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:38:31 GMT
Yui Fujin Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh, perfect. "What group are you in?" she asked unaware that the girl had a private tour with her. [break][break]

"I could lead you back to the main group tours, I'm supposed to be giving a private tour to someone. A girl named Ruby walker?" she said trying to remember what exactly this girl looked like. She never really paid attention much to the politics and news of the world until recently so she had no idea Ruby walker was the saint of slateport.

[break][break]

[newclass=".darkporksoda-bg"]width: 370px; background: #111111; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 20px; -moz-border-radius: 20px; border-radius: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd"]width: 350px; background: #252525; border-left: 1px solid #3c3c3c; border-right: 1px solid #3c3c3c; color: #7d7d7d; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd b"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; color: #9633C8 [/font]; font-weight: normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd i"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-bd a"]font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; color: #9633C8;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-hd"]background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #9633C8, #DAACF4);[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-icn"]float: right; background: #252525; padding: 20px; -webkit-clip-path: polygon(30% 0%, 70% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 70% 100%, 30% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 30%); clip-path: polygon(30% 0%, 70% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 70% 100%, 30% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 30%); font-size: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".darkporksoda-lyr"]padding: 20px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:47:41 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Ruby blinked for a few seconds, utterly confused. Group tours? That wasn't what she had been informed at all. Was this not standard practice, then? Why was she singled out for a special tour? She had a feeling why, but there was no reason to dwell on it too much. [break][break]

As the young woman spoke, Ruby's confused expression slowly turned into a soft smile as she spoke. "Well, you have no need to lead me back to a group ma'am. Because I suppose, I'm the one looking for you." She'd quietly chuckle, adjusting her backpack a bit as she spoke. [break][break]

"That would be me. Ruby Walker, a pleasure to meet you." She'd reach out a hand in an attempt to shake theirs. "I was told I would be given a private tour. Not that there's anything wrong with a public one! I just, well when I emailed the university this is what they had in mind. May I ask your name, ma'am?"
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

pilo

She/her
November 12
???
Straight
Silph co coder.
Cadet
none
Single
158 height
158 height
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yui
Yui Fujin Silph
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 14:58:38 GMT
Yui Fujin Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"oh." she said as she pulled the finger she had in the air back down. Damn it, she hated interacting with people like this. But to interact with someone AND be a total goof and mess something up? Yikes. [break][break]

"Right. Well Miss walker, I am Yui silph." she said extending a hand to shake with the young saint's own hand that was already extended. "I already graduated from university with my masters in software engineering and a minor in Pokémon care. Would you happen to be majoring in the same thing?" she asked curiously as she was in the dark as to why they'd ask Yui to do this. [break][break]
God small talk was awkward

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:55:27 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]She certainly seemed surprised. Honestly, it was kind of a relief that the person giving her a tour wasn't intimately aware of her. At this rate, she could have presumed that the university was trying to butter her up with private tours and stuff, but with a tour guide who didn't know... It was strange, but she absolutely appreciated it more this way.[break][break]

Yui Silph, huh? Lots of Silphs in Hoenn it seemed, were they all related? Or was it just a common last name? At this point, she had no idea. "Oh, uh, no ma'am. I'm not entirely sure what major I want to focus on just yet, but I do know I think I'd enjoy a minor in psychology. All that stuff is really interesting! You know? I've specialized in psychic-type Pokemon since I was very little, and yet we still know very little about how psychic stuff works! Researching that sort of stuff in the future would be really cool for a career, but honestly, I'm not sure what kind of major would get me there."
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

pilo

She/her
November 12
???
Straight
Silph co coder.
Cadet
none
Single
158 height
158 height
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yui
Yui Fujin Silph
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 2:16:44 GMT
Yui Fujin Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Hah, seems like ruby had a common problem that many people entering college had trouble with. Selecting a major was no easy task, however it was one Yui wasn't familiar with. Her whole life was surrounded by her skills in coding, hell it's the only reason the Silphs even scooped her up. [break][break]

"Well it's a start." she says as she looks at the time, the headache slowly rearing it's ugly head from her caffeine withdraw. "Alright miss Ruby then ya know what. I'll take ya on the super duber uber special tour of the campus. Starting with a stop at primabucks." she says walking towards the school's franchised coffee shop. [break][break]

"It's a good place to people watch and a nice spot to work or study depending on the time of day. Order whatever you'd like by the way, my treat." she explains.

[break][break]@ user

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 23:39:43 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Primabucks? Was it anything like Sawsbucks? Ruby couldn't help but chuckle quietly as she spoke, quickly picking up her pace to walk alongside the young woman. She honestly wasn't much of a coffee drinker, but that wasn't too big of a problem. They probably served tea, right? "Oh, you don't have to ma'am. But I do appreciate it."[break][break]

Regardless, Ruby's wide eyes slowly looked around at everything as they walked, finding the campus quite different compared ot most other places she had been before. "Honestly? The only place I'm really desperate to see is the library. I'll probably be doing most of my studying there if I'm honest. I uh, really enjoy the peace and quiet, you know? Being around a lot of other people all the time is already going to be a bit strange. I mean, I just moved into my first apartment, so... uh, yeah."[break][break]

[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

pilo

She/her
November 12
???
Straight
Silph co coder.
Cadet
none
Single
158 height
158 height
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yui
Yui Fujin Silph
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 18:22:50 GMT
Yui Fujin Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"Let me give you some advice miss walker." she said as she turned to order her coffee to the women, an iced white chocolate mocha with caramel drizzle added inside. She gestured for ruby to order and then placed her credit card in the machine to pay. "It's rude in some places to reject a gift ya know?" she said playfully. "But that's not the reason I brought you here first." she continued as she processed what ruby had said in it's entirety. [break][break]

"Hah, I get it entirely. I was a shut in until recently. It's why everyone talks about and as the famous silphs. I never stepped outside my door unless it was a family event so the media never cared about me." she told her "But that time alone let me really figure out who I was and who I wanted to be. Sorry for the word vomit, im probably not making sense." she had a point, she promised. [break][break]

"Don't sweat about picking a major until later, some people pick one and then swap it out half way and lose out on certain credits. Half the people in this room are probably feeling the effects of that and are stressing it." she continues.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 18:58:33 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Well with that, she couldn't exactly turn down their kindness, could she? Sometimes, people were stubborn in all the nicest of ways. It was kind of charming, really. After getting her simple tea, Ruby would smile get at Yui as they paid for their drinks. Of course, she had to wonder why she was brought here first. Perhaps she just wanted a drink of her own? That would make sense.[break][break]

Listening to Yui speak, Ruby couldn't help but mentally take notes. So she was indeed related to the Silph family, perhaps even directly siblings. She really didn't know that much about them, but so far they all seemed like nice people. Even if Fernando never did show up to her gym battle. [break][break]

"I don't think I'm stressed about the major, not yet anyway. I'll deal with that when it comes. More so just, I guess being in the public eye is still new to me too. Actually living in Slateport is gonna make hiding from the media a bit more difficult for myself." She'd chuckle quietly to herself, slowly sipping away at her tea. "Just between you and me? HNN is kind of over-rated anyways. When I was only 16 they tried to slander my reputation, so I really just, don't bother anymore."[break][break]

Taking another sip of her tea, Ruby spoke up again. "Are we finding seats, or are we continuing our walk together?"

[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,792 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Back To School [S]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 22:06:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: