thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
:pes_siprondo:
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 9:57:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"okay."

he leaves her with a parting kiss, then stands to head towards the kitchen, grabbing whatever pair of pants on his way out.

scrambled eggs on toast with a glass of orange juice; just like how they used to have it.

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 10:09:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She watched him leave, noting his scars again as he disappeared out of the room. Her head fell back on a pillow, and she stared at the ceiling.

Then, eventually, she got up and walked out to follow him. The sunlight coming through the windows in his home called her eyes to the beach outside. She’d known it was there, but hadn’t been able to see it in the dark of the night.

Her clothes were still left on the floor. She padded up behind him on quiet, bare feet and wrapped her arms, loose and low around his hips, pressing chest into his back while the tip of her nose ran up along his spine.

“Can I help you with anything?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 20:01:52 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]muscle memory gained from repetition kicks in and he soon finds himself lost in memories as he continues to tend to their food. it isn't until he feels her presence on him that he's pulled back a little; thankfully, not enough.

"no, my dear. everything's almost ready."

he turns then, shifting in her arms only to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"i'll be with you in a sec."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 6:24:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

My dear.

Lance was sweet. Having gone in for something more sensual, his response, and the kiss on her forehead was unexpected. She smiled up at him a moment. “Okay.”

Then, she left for the room by the door to retrieve her clothes, dressing herself while he cooked and then returning to sit at his table patiently.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 9:16:44 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]it doesn't take him long to finish cooking. he soon approaches the table with two plates of scrambled eggs on toast with a bit of greens on the side, and glasses of orange juice.

"sorry for the wait."

he moves to kiss her once more before sitting down.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 10:55:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

This was what was supposed to happen.

She should have felt guilty, maybe. Maybe someone should have taught her guilt, among other things—like reading and writing beyond the bare minimum to do her job. Instead, they’d taught her to ignore it. Guilt, in a way, bred ethical understanding. Didn’t want that shit.

For now, she was content. She could live out this fantasy as well, even though the length of its lifespan was indefinite. The end was inevitable.

What she had been taught was how to let go of people. How to be utterly detached. How to be okay with being alone.

“Don’t be.”

She beamed up at him, meeting lips once more and then looking over the food after he sat down. This was nice.

“You’re really sweet.” A lot of the time, the truth worked just fine. “Thank you.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 12:18:47 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]familiarity breeds comfort, content, and he loses himself in it, enjoying the moment for what it is: a memory, and nothing more.

a few bites and a sip in, he looks back up to ask:

"do you have any plans today?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 13:30:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She ate with a perfectly healthy appetite; and with manners, always ever-focused on what she looked like. She needed to be just right—and it was a personalized sort of deal. She observed him closely in this early time.

And now, it sounded like there was maybe an opportunity to do more of it before reporting back.

“No; none.”

She took a sip of orange juice. 

“You?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:15:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"none either."

for once, he has the day off, which might just allow him to live out this memory a bit longer.

"would you like to spend it together?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:50:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Good. They’d have plenty of time to get to know each other, now. With luck, she could leave more of an impression on him than just physically. That was only the initial bait.

“Yeah. I’m all yours.”

Her head tilted towards him curiously. “You’re such a busy person. Makes me feel special that you want to spend your day off with me.” A sliver of pristinely white teeth grew a little. “Careful. You might give me the wrong idea.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:06:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]i'm all yours.

she's sweet. he smiles in response.

breakfast is idly picked away at, soon reduced to nothing more than bits left on the plate. he slides it away, chuckling softly as he asks:

"and what idea might that be?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:57:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She smirked.

“I don’t know. Maybe that you like me, or something.”

Finishing shortly after him, she then stood, taking his place and stacking it on hers, and moving it towards his sink. The faucet ran over them briefly.

“Most guys would’ve probably shown me the door by now.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 12:48:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]he mirrors her smirk.

"maybe i do. would that be so wrong?"

yes, for the person he sees is not annie, nor nina, but someone else entirely.

"you can stay as long as you'd like."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 8:42:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“I don’t know.” No, it wasn’t. It was very right, and a job well done.

She washed what little bits remained on the plates and set them in the sink, and stood there for a moment. Her eyes cast a glance to the counter where they’d been the night prior, and she smiled softly to herself. There was an unexpected warmth that accompanied it.

If he’d have her, she’d stay indefinitely—but he was a busy man. Maybe he needed his space, or maybe he didn’t like to have strange women in his home alone. Not uncommon.

She was meant to mold to him perfectly, and to break down any such reservations.

Annie approached and her arms slipped around his neck; over shoulders and down his chest sweetly from behind his seat. She lingered them, speaking into the crook of his neck, “Hmm. You might end up having to put up with me for a while. You’re pretty handsome.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 10:30:29 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]warmth soon returns. he reaches up to caress her arm over his chest, chuckling as he leans into her, craving the feeling she provides.

"and here i thought you liked me for my personality."

it's meant in jest.

"we have all day together," he mutters, "and night."