two idiots walk into a bar [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 20:31:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
After avoiding a severe noogie from Alexei and holding himself back from wrestling with him because of his injury, Mattis let his friend lead him and Arkose to his home in Fortree, where Alex had offered to let him use his shower and wash his dirty outfit before going out to have some fun.

Turned out, Fortree City was pretty cool. He never had been this far into the forest town, seeing so many buildings and homes in the trees. Good thing he wasn't afraid of heights.

When the two men made it to Alexei's home, Mattis put Arkose back in his Pokeball so he didn't cause trouble before going to the shower. His shower wasn't that long, washing away the grime of that day and sighing contently now that he was clean.

However, when he got out of the shower, he noticed he forgot to bring his clothes into the room with him. "Ah, dammit."

Mattis walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, spotting Alexei. He laughed sheepishly. "Forgot my clothes. I'm gonna go change, be right back."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 20:41:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course, being the (very willing) house host for the day Alexei was in the kitchen, doing things one-handed as best as he could manage.

What, it sucked not having a fully-healed right hand yet! Stupid therapy taking forever. Ugh.

He was in the middle of getting something for the bluenette from the fridge when he heard Mattie’s voice—

And then promptly swore in the back of his head at the sight that greeted him.

“You—how could you—” he stammered as he closed the fridge with his shoulder as he brought a carton of juice to the kitchen counter.

“How could you forget your clothes from the dryer?!” he exclaimed a few moments later, still staring at the—view.

It was a sight to behold.

Shit, had it really been that long since they last saw each other?!

Here was Mattie, looking rather ripped and not giving a single shit in the world about the state of his clotheslessness, while on the other corner we have Alexei, limp noodle extraordinaire.

He then felt his ears burning up with blush, before he quickly ducked to grab some glasses from the nearby cabinet.

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 21:09:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis raised his eyebrows, unaware that he was causing such a distraction for Alexei. Or problem. Whichever you wanted to label it. He looked in the direction of the dryer, which sounded like it was done.

"I think it was still going when I got in the shower. I thought I had a spare outfit in my bag, but that was my spare." He had thrown in all of his clothes that were in his bag into the wash, which was nice to have them all clean and ready to wear.

He waved his hand at Alex, who had ducked away to get glasses. "I'll only be a few minutes."

Holding the towel tight with one hand, Mattis opened the dryer and took his clothes out before closing it again. He disappeared into the guest room where his other things were, changing into a warm outfit before coming back.

"Alright, so what are we gonna do, Alex? Decide anything while I was gone?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 15:36:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully, while Mattie was busy retrieving his clothes from the dryer (and spared Alexei further anguish) and getting dressed, the blonde had gotten busy pouring a glass of juice into one of the two glasses he’d pulled out.

And then of course he was in the middle of drinking a glass when the bluenette re-emerged from the guest room, (mercifully and thankfully) clothed this time.

“Look, originally I wanted to challenge you to something—but the doctors said I’m ‘not allowed alcohol’,” he began, snorting and rolling his eyes while doing the ‘air quotes’ gesture.

“But screw them. I’m dying for a drink. What’d you want?” he gestured to the mini-bar he’d assembled close to the kitchen.

While not as fully-furnished as the bar he’d worked in last, it was serviceable enough.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 17:16:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis smirked, raising his eyebrows at Alexei. "Challenge me? What, to a drink off? Boy, I bet I could crush your ass in a drink off," he said, pointing a finger at him with a confident look in his eyes.

He really couldn't though. He knew Alex would crush him in something like a drink off, deep down, but of course he wasn't going to admit that.

He came over, hopping on a chair. "I dunno. Why don't you whip something up for me, like you used to do? Surprise me."

Mattis loved the drinks Alexei made. It had been so long since he had one. "Give me something you'd choose for yourself."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 17:53:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You, outdrink me? As if!” he chuckled as he hobbled over to the mini-bar and began shuffling around for what he was going to assemble.

And there, Mattie made his first mistake.

If making the bluenette ‘guess’ was the first mistake he did earlier, this was the first big mistake he did by saying the words ‘Surprise me’, because whenever Alexei was dared to surprise someone with a drink of his own mixing—

Things got rowdy.

He wondered how this was going to affect Mattie, considering it was just the two of them around the—uh oh.

“I forgot to warn you about something,” he continued as he assembled the ingredients for the cocktail he was going to make.

…right then and there a little jingling noise would ring throughout the space, before the fluffiest of sheep would come prancing out from around a corner, rolling straight towards where Alexei was now mashing several pieces of fruit in the bottom of a glass.

“…I have an overly-affectionate Wooloo. William! Behave yourself,” he said as the white sheep Pokémon who had the tiniest little crown for an accessory waddled over and began sniffing at Mattie’s clothes.

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 18:10:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis laughed into his glass as he took a swig of the juice that Alexei prepared for him when he had gotten dressed. He ignored the voice in his mind that maybe this was a dumb idea because who knows what would happen if these drinks were stronger than he expected.

He just reunited with his friend. C'mon, let him let loose and have some fun!

Setting his glass down, Mattis lifted his eyebrows. "What do you mean, forgot to warn me about something?" He felt a moment of concern settle in him.

However, it dissipated quickly when he heard the jingling noise and turned, spotting the Wooloo coming to join the two men. Wow, he looked so cute with the little crown on his head!

He came to sniff at Mattis, who leaned down and pat the Wooloo on the head with a smile on his lips. "Overly-affectionate? Hell, I'd take a cuddly Wooloo any time of the day!" he exclaimed.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 18:48:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While Alexei was busy throwing together the cocktail by way of pouring some vodka into the first glass and then straining it into one of the old-fashioned glasses he’d been given by the bar he worked at as a parting present, the Wooloo began to bleat.

“I think he likes you,” he said, concentrating as he did everything one-handed as best as possible. Even if he wanted to be fancy and whip out the shakers, he knew tossing (and inevitably catching) them with his questionable dexterity at the moment was going to be a disaster, so he’d have to make this another way instead.

Once he was done piling in the ice, he then skewed a blackberry, a blueberry and a raspberry before sticking it onto one side and hobbling over to where the other awaited.

“Heh, here. Figured you’d like something fruity,” he chuckled as he offered the glass.

“Since I’m a limping wet noodle, going out is not in the cards tonight… however… you—” he trailed off, feeling that blushing pressure again!

“…you wanna stay in instead and just… you know… catch up some more? And—and shit?”

All this, while William the Wooloo wanted more pats and wanted to be carried. Really, William?

Really?!

the bramble smash cocktail for your reference

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 18:58:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The bleating cut through Alexei's explanation of why they couldn't exactly go out - which, really, made sense, and it would probably be easier for him to stay in and sit down than to walk around. To calm the Wooloo down and give him what he wanted, Mattis picked him up and started petting him through his wooly coat.

The drink was placed in front of him, a berry red color that looked enticing. He looked at Alex with a look. "Are you calling me fruity?" he joked before taking the glass and sipping it.

Yep, he still had it in him.

"Damn, this is good." Mattis almost - almost - chugged the drink, leaving half the glass full to save some. He stroked the Wooloo again.

"Yeah, we can stay in. That's fine. I didn't take your inability to move around into account." Mattis moved from the chair by the counter, William still in his arms, and took his glass. "Wanna sit on the couch?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 19:09:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Mattie had committed another mistake—picking up the wily little Wooloo and giving in to what William wanted.

“Uh oh,” was all Alexei could muster the moment William found himself ‘on higher ground’, so to speak.

Right then and there the little sheep then gave his owner the biggest shit-eating smirk a Wooloo could ever manage, before settling down and enjoying the new ‘position of power’.

“Mattie… I think you fell for Will’s trap hook, line, and fucking sinker,” he said as he hobbled back to the mini-bar and grabbed a bucket of ice, a shot glass—and then he just had to go for the classier vodka he kept hidden away for ‘special occasions’.

This definitely qualified as a ‘special occasion’, right?

“I can make us something to eat later. I have just—the perfect idea,” he cackled as he beat the bluenette to the couch and reaching for the remote where he’d last left it and turned the television on for some ‘subtle background noise’.

“Okay,” he went on as he poured himself a shot of vodka and downing it in one go (because for some reason he needed the ‘liquid courage’) he then turned his attention to the other.

“What the hell have you been doing all these years? It’s been—a while!”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 19:42:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis felt William burrow into him, like he was cuddling for warmth. "What do you mean? He's being so cute and cuddly!" he exclaimed to Alexei, resting his face against the wool for a moment. "And he's soft like a pillow."

So cozy. He could steal this Pokemon and use him as a pillow.

He balanced his way to the couch where Alexei was already sitting, the Wooloo scooting off of him momentarily for him to get comfortable sitting beside Alex before climbing back onto his lap. He took another sip, sighing at the warmth in his chest from the vodka in the drink. He barely registered the noise on the TV, his head resting on the cushions of the couch.

"Hmm? Me? Pfft, I'm not that interesting," Mattis said with a look on his face, waving his hand around. "You know, just going around Hoenn and other places, seeing what's there. Trying to go to every route and see what types of Pokemon show up there."

Matt paused. "I got a wicked rock collection too."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 19:52:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That’s exactly what he wants you to think!” he continued, pouring himself another shot and downing it in one. “Will’s such a scheming little shithead. See? He’s laughing at me right now!”

As if to emphasize what was happening, the Wooloo then stuck his tongue out at him before burrowing even deeper into the bluenette’s hold. So warm and squishy! Another human to pester cuddle.

Another jingling noise made Alexei look sideways before he burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Oh no,” he went on, as this time a black-wooled Wooloo made its appearance, nipping at William’s foot as it was the closest they could reach!

“Yeah, see—I don’t have only one. I have two. This one’s more… uhh… snarkier than Will is.”

Reaching down with his left hand, he tried to shoo the black-wooled Wooloo away from the bluenette to no avail—for all of five seconds before the second Wooloo literally planted its ass on the floor and rolled into Alexei’s left leg.

“Hey. Watch my other foot,” he warned the black Wooloo before reaching out to grab the foot rest and propping his injured right leg on top of it to relieve the pressure.

“So you basically lived off-grid all this time? Where—sorry if this is like, hella personal, but where the hell do you sleep?!” he exclaimed a few moments later as he poured himself yet another shot.

“Don’t tell me you tripped over a Geodude again…”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 20:19:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis snorted at Alexei's reaction, simply not taking his comments to heart because William was being such a good boy in his lap. "You're just being mean because you're jealous you're not getting attention like this," he teased with an almost equally shiteating grin that the Wooloo wore.

It was like the two were made for each other.

William got even closer to Mattis, who started to coo at him and make baby noises as he scratched him. He was distracted from the petting session when another tingling noise hit his ears. "What! Another!"

This one was the opposite in appearance to the one in Mattis's arms, earning a small kick back from William as he tried to nip at his foot. "Gimme, gimme," he said, trying to take all the Wooloos into his lap in a live wooly blanket.

Mattis turned his head to Alexei again as he mentioned his living conditions. "Yeah, I guess so. Living day by day, not worrying about a schedule. It's freeing, you know. Pretty cool way to work." He finished the rest of his drink, ice resting in the glass instead of the berry coloring.

"You know, wherever I could find a spot to sleep. Sometimes I'd pitch a tent, sometimes I'd sleep in a cave. It just depends on where I am." It didn't bother him, and it certainly didn't bother his Pokemon. "On the special occasion, I'd get a hotel or something, but that was if I had the money for it."

Mattie held his hand out, asking silently for a shot as well. "What? I mean, it happens!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 21:01:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You—you—”

That was all he could stammer out as the black-wooled Wooloo stayed near Alexei’s foot, being a dumb little shit before curling up and acting like a foot warmer.

“You literally slept in the—Mattie, how did you even—” he continued to stammer, pouring him enough vodka before refilling his own shot glass again and knocking the drink back in one.

“Don’t tell me you took baths in the ocean?!” he went on, aghast.

At the mention of him sleeping in a cave, he balked.

“You idiot, why didn’t you tell me you didn’t have a roof over your head?!” he continued after mindlessly switching the channel with his other hand, looking for some better ‘background noise’.

“We could’a split rent or something!”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 22:39:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis turned his head and stared at him with an almost blank look on his face. "What? Is that weird?" he asked, as innocent as a newborn baby. To him, it was almost the most normal thing to do, the most normal thing he did.

"It wasn't uncomfortable to me. You get a comfy enough sleeping bag, make sure you're nice and warm, and boom. You go to sleep." Really, Mattie slept like a rock wherever he went.

He snorted. "Not the ocean. Lakes or rivers are better places for baths. Fresh water feels much better than salt water when you dry off," Mattis pointed out, tipping his head back to take the shot.

Why was Alexei freaking out over him sleeping outside and bathing in the open? Mattis couldn't put a finger on it. "Well, I mean, it's part of the adventure, right?" he said innocently, patting William's head gently. "Braving the outdoors and seeing what you can do. I thought it was fun."