November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 0:18:43 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]The night market was one of the first places she had fallen in love with on Hoenn, but it was also the first place she had witnessed destroyed. And yet, people were resilient, stubborn even. It was alive and just as beautiful as before, if not even more so. The sights, the sounds, even the smells were incredible. From food to crafts, to everything else under the sun, it was honestly much more enjoyable heading downtown for a bite to eat, as compared to making something herself.[break][break]

"Hmm, what are we feeling today Darling?" The Indeedee walked by her side, holding onto Ruby's hand and quite clearly walking as fast as she could to keep up with her trainer. Little legs could only go so far. [break][break]

"Dee!" It cried out, with a soft smile on its face. There was no way to precisely understand what it said, but Ruby had known the Pokemon for a long time. They'd probably be happy with whatever. With a quiet chuckle, Ruby reached over to gently pat their head before they continued walking down the street. [break][break]

"Well? Shall we go look around at some cute crafts first?" With another happy cry in response, Ruby simply continued to walk off through the crowd. A constant soft smile on her face.
[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

nia
she/her
december 18
slateport city
heterosexual
apocatharist
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zinnia
zinnia beaufort
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:35:14 GMT
zinnia beaufort Avatar
it was a day like any other, she supposes. Zinnia's grandmother had stepped away to rest her legs, going to the back of the booth they had always set up. the woman was too old to stand around all day, poaching people to buy their wares. though an amazing saleswoman, the elderly matron was getting on in years. it was time to pick up the slack and try to do her best.

strange how it was good in her head, but it wasn't so easy to do.

Zinnia stood speechless as people came up to the medicine booth. she started easily when someone asked her a question, fumbling over what she knew and ended up looking like a fool. it was when a young girl passed by with her Indeedee did she blurt out; "h-hello! would you care to buy some medicine or incense?" goodness, why was that so hard before?

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 1:41:36 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Voices often called out from their stands asking for people to take a look, it was standard practice. Almost reminded her of fair games, where people would get into conversations with you in order to trick you into playing their definitely not rigged games. Except this was much more wholesome and definitely not sketchy. People made an actual living selling stuff they made here. [break][break]

However, it was the mention of incense that caused Ruby to actually stop and give a look. She hadn't actually had any incense in quite a long time. Now that she thought about it, getting some would be quite nice for the apartment. After thinking about it for a moment, she finally approached the stand. [break][break]

"I'm certainly interested! Incense is always lovely, but what kind of medicine do you guys sell? I could always use something for my emergency kits." Her eyes would slowly glance over the stand, curiosity quite visible on her face.
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

nia
she/her
december 18
slateport city
heterosexual
apocatharist
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zinnia
zinnia beaufort
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 6:26:37 GMT
zinnia beaufort Avatar
goodness! it actually worked! Zinnia turns a bright pink as the girl approaches, proclaiming her interest in both products. "B-Beaufort, I mean, my family has been in t-the business for a long time. we're Hoenn's most reputable medicine and incense makers" calm down, girl. repeat what grandma has said to customers over and over again "we sell common medicines for restoring health and um, do custom orders if you can't find what you're looking for specifically here."

she grimaces, almost shyly. "I've... been tampering with a few natural remedies that aren't bitter to Pokemon too" mostly coating them in honey to attract and for the easy to swallow medicines. Zinnia shuffles on the spot. "all our products are from Hoenn soil. berries, herbs, plants..." all go into the mortar and pestle to make them "o-oh, we also have human medicine too. it's less bitter and depending on what you want, there's many remedies and mixtures."

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 19:21:58 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Oh goodness, this girl certainly seemed flustered. That bright pink flush was hard to miss. Regardless, Ruby simply continued to smile calmly and listen to the sales pitch. She was honestly doing a pretty good job, despite her occasional grimaces and shy speaking. Was she knew to this?

At the mention of it not being bitter, Ruby tilted her head in surprise. Natural medicine typically was bitter, how in the world did they manage that? Regardless, Ruby was certainly intrigued. "Ooh... You know, I think I'm going to be taking a look at, pretty much all of that."

With a quiet chuckle, Ruby handed her purse down to Darling. The Indeedee readily held it in their arms, admittedly quite curious about what had their Trainer so intrigued. "I do a lot of healing, and I will admit, more herbal remedies have intrigued me for quite a while. How do you manage to make them not bitter? Isn't that typically normal for homemade medicine?"
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

nia
she/her
december 18
slateport city
heterosexual
apocatharist
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zinnia
zinnia beaufort
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 20:19:39 GMT
zinnia beaufort Avatar
she was surprised the girl wanted to see everything. Zinnia's blue eyes flew open, fluttering. she would have noticed the girl coming to their stall before; the woman remembered every customer. "m-mostly honey" she admits with an awkward smile "it has a sweet taste, but it compliments well with bitterness" she gestures to her corner of the stall, where her own medicine had been placed tenderly out "lemon and orange juices also... do very well. I squirt a little on the prepared herbs and people - and Pokemon! - focus on the acidic taste over the bitter."

Zinnia continues, happy to discuss medicine with someone who understood the procedure. "oils also coat the outside of tablets, making it both easy to swallow and protects the taste buds from bitter sensation." she was not so keen on making medicine traditionally like her grandmother. the woman liked to experiment with various things, especially making easy to swallow and good tasting pills. too many were powder and powder was hard to mask. if you added something to it, the mess it'd make! so she focused on tablets; chewable for Pokemon and people. also solid ones.

she shuffles. "if you're looking for powdered medicine or roots, I'm afraid I can't change the bitterness" Zinnia admits "but I can take the composition of them and turn them into tablets..."

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 23:57:29 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Honey. It was a simple, yet satisfying answer. Even she couldn't deny just how wonderful honey tasted, nor how her own mother used to get her to actually swallow her pills when she covered them in honey. Or peanut butter, actually. Both were pretty common. Regardless, Ruby was clearly focused on her words, paying attention. [break][break]

"Ooh... You know what? I'll take a few tablets. I'm sure not only they'll be easier to carry than whole potion bottles, but I think Darling here would enjoy the sweetness, wouldn't you dear?" She'd turn down to look at the Indeedee, who seemed to be reaching up expectantly like a little kid at a candy store the very moment she heard honey. Ruby couldn't help but laugh at the sight, grinning ear to ear. "Yes, I'll stop somewhere and get some actual honey candies too, alright?" That seemed to satisfy the Indeedee, bouncing on their heels in anticipation. [break][break]

"I'll be honest," Ruby began. "I haven't used a whole lot of like, potions and physical supplies in a while. Usually, my Gardevoir, Grace, can just cast Life Dew or Heal Pulse and patch most people up in a jiffy. But, if she's hurt herself? Important to have backups, you know?" She was simply speaking to herself at this point, explaining to herself why she was about to spend so much money buying this poor girl out of her stock.

[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

nia
she/her
december 18
slateport city
heterosexual
apocatharist
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zinnia
zinnia beaufort
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 20:32:52 GMT
zinnia beaufort Avatar
just like that, she made a sale. Zinnia's cheeks tinted pink, fleeting proud of herself. "o-of course!" she hurried to pack the merchandise in a reusable bag for Ruby. the Indeedee seemed pleased with the candy suggestion "I know a nice Mom and Pop store in the bazaar..." she says "t-they make everything by hand. it's an old candy blowing tradition, and you can watch them make it." she lifts a hand to point a few rows down.

the Beauforts had gotten by nicely by word of mouth over decades. she could only give back to the others. the Night Market looked after each other. "here you are; I threw in a sample tropical incense" Zinnia adds to the girl "it's from our summer collection" it was called Alola to You - one of grandmother's new scents. quite popular during the season, with a cutting tropical breeze scent mixed with flowers "t-thank you for the purchase. come back any time." 

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 19:35:46 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Now, that was service. This woman was certainly nervous, but despite her blush, she kept on pushing through. With a soft smile of her own, Ruby gently took the bag and handed it down to Darling, who held it carefully in their arms like the eager Pokemon they were. Of course, even she couldn't help but peek into the bag a bit, eyes filled with curiosity. [break][break]

Turning back to the woman shopping, Ruby spoke up again. "Thank you kindly, ma'am! I'll be honest, I'll probably be back sometime sooner, rather than later!" She would chuckle quietly, brushing the back of her neck as she continued. "Realistically speaking, I'm going to be using these all up fairly quickly. I, uh, volunteer a lot, you know?" [break][break]

There was a little bit more than just volunteering, but a random, albeit friendly shopkeep didn't really need to be aware she had participated in a war, fought against several legendaries and alien beasts, and who even knew all the other things she had dealt with by now. Honestly, Ruby was losing track of it all. "Just, you know, I'll probably be around! I just moved into an apartment near here, actually."

[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Recognition [S]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 22:06:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: