part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 15:52:04 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars has been playing the part of Martín del Mar too long. Almost two years now. So long that perhaps, even if in slight ways, the façade has blended into the person he is when he’s around those he’s most close to and whose company he cherishes...
[break][break]
These are the thoughts that occupy his mind as he enters the elevator, but he does not worry about what will think of him. After all, Martín Marzán or Martín del Mar, Mars will always be Mars, and he has never cared much for what most people think of him (other than for manipulative reasons, that is). Even if the person in question is someone he has called his friend since they were both children.
[break][break]
And yet, there’s still one of those perfect and radiant smiles as he rings on the doorbell, Mars standing with a confidence that has perhaps somehow only grown since the last time they saw each other in Sinnoh (if that's even possible). The clothes he wears are as fashionable and stylish as always, but they lack the level of extravagance he was once so fond of.
[break][break]
A lot has changed, he has changed, but he’s still excited at the prospect of seeing an old friend…
[break][break]
Too bad Mars has no idea what chaos awaits him in Uriah’s apartment.
[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #8A7FBC;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #8A7FBC;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #8A7FBC;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 10:33:26 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]the ringing of the doorbell's almost missed over the chaos that's happening inside his apartment. he's giving chase to his luxray, who's somehow managed to grab a mouthful of uriah's clothes.

"kachow you bitch—"

he leaps over the couch but his thigh catches on the end of it, sending him tipping over onto the floor. luxray speeds off into one of the rooms.

"i hate you..."

but he stands all the same, sighing as he stumbles past unopened boxes. the door opens, and behind uriah is a mess of an apartment.

"thanks for coming..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 12:53:58 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Damn, dude, is that really how you’re gonna say ‘hi’ after it’s been this long?”
[break][break]
There’s playful reproach in his tone when Uriah opens the door, but of course he isn’t actually offended – as made evident by the smirk tugging at his lips.
[break][break]
Without waiting for an invitation, Mars steps into the apartment, a hand being placed on his friend’s shoulder when he passes by his side. He gives a gentle squeeze, but then he pauses, because holy fuck what had just happened at this apartment...
[break][break]
”Uriah…”
[break][break]
Is too cheap to hire a moving company for his son or something? No, the guy’s probably a sadist and told Uriah to take care of it on his own while knowing he’d totally suck at it. Then again, Uriah’s twenty-four, it’s not like he’s a kid or anything of the sort.
[break][break]
”...You need a hand?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:04:59 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i've been...distracted."

which mars is now able to see. uriah turns then, too, and peers out at the mess of an apartment. it's slightly more peaceful now that kachow's not zooming back and forth, but it still looks terribly messy.

"a hand or two would be nice, yeah."

laughing, he places a hand on mars' shoulder and returns the gesture before stepping away to tend to one of the boxes.

"kachow's just been really moody since we got here. maybe it's the weather."

he tears the box open.

"how've you been, man?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 7:44:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Distracted, huh? Do I get to know what has been distracting you?”
[break][break]
For the most part, he’s teasing, but behind this there is also a slight hint of a concern that Mars doesn’t care to show for most people. Uriah is his friend, and he has been as much for a long time, so of course Mars actually cares about what happens to him. He does love his shameless favouritism.
[break][break]
At the mention of the Luxray, he laughs, reaching for one of the nearest boxes and opening it.
[break][break]
”Man, I should have known. Maybe he just needs to get used to it…”
[break][break]
He remembers how his own pokémon had struggled when moving to Hoenn, specially his Sylveon and Glaceon, but part of the reason for that was everything that had happened not long before the move, and Mars makes the conscious choice not to mention this. It would only put a damper on things.
[break][break]
”Ha. You know me, I’m always great, kind of really busy though. How about you? Liking Hoenn?”
[break][break]
Not like Mars would blame him if he doesn't, even he himself sometimes finds himself missing Sinnoh.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 10:06:23 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]when is uriah not distracted?

"a lot of things, really, but right now it's this shitty apartment."

it's definitely not shitty by any means: it's modern, clean, and spacious enough that a luxray's able to freely run around without many issues. he's just complaining, perhaps as spoiled as his luxray is.

"i don't see the appeal here, to be honest. but dad's here, which means the family's here now, too."

despite being given the choice, he knows declining the move would've likely ended badly for him.

"really busy with work? sounds like you need a break. wanna go on a trip?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 13:41:17 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Shitty apartment.
[break][break]
Considering the way Mars lives – with his luxurious penthouse up in Mauville Hills and having a few other properties in the region – he would agree. There was a time, however, when he himself lived in places much worse than this, and those days had been some of his happiest. Hell, even now he has some pretty damn good days at places that aren’t as nice as this one.
[break][break]
Did Uriah pay for the apartment himself? Is he renting it? Mars doubts it, but he doesn’t ask, knowing well not to go near the fact that Uriah constantly complains about depending on his father but doesn’t seem to do anything to change that.
[break][break]
Can’t relate (then again, it’s not like Mars doesn’t take advantage of the Marzán wealth).
[break][break]
”Yeah, true… I actually have a meeting with him in a couple of days. Are you gonna be working for your old man, then? Or do you have other plans?”
[break][break]
A box of kitchenware is taken to the kitchen space, items being carefully unwrapped to be stored away in shelves.
[break][break]
A trip? Oh, hell yeah! I could show you my new yacht sometime.” At this, there is a grin.
[break][break]
It sure pays off to be POG Bank CEO, huh?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 10:01:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah scoffs, shaking his head.

"he enlisted me with the military, so whenever i'm not doing that, i guess i'll be helping out or some shit."

he pulls out more clothing out of the box, putting them messily to the side because what's the point? luxray's just going to steal them anyway.

speaking of, the electric-type zooms back out, leaping onto the couch.

a new yacht?

"you rich bitch."

it definitely pays off to be pog bank ceo.

"but sure, that sounds good."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 9:23:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”You? In the military?
[break][break]
At this, Mars has to pause, because it just sounds ridiculous. Uriah has never seemed like the sort of person who would thrive in the military, and as far as Mars can guess, it’s all probably a fucked up attempt to finally get him to yield and be all disciplined and respectful. Deep inside, hidden behind a mask of simple surprise, it makes his blood boil, because it reminds him of everything his own family has done to him with that same purpose.
[break][break]
’Better the military than everything they do though,’ he reminds himself, and he sighs at this thought.
[break][break]
”Man, that sounds rough… Hit me up when you wanna have a few drinks to chill after dealing with that bullshit.”
[break][break]
There’s a laugh, all those negative emotions being as quickly pushed aside and brushed away as they always are.
[break][break]
”Ha! Call me a bitch again and I won’t let you on the yacht… Can’t say you’re wrong though, job’s pretty great and I’ve done some good investments lately.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t bother with details before returning his attention to the boxes, even though he knows he probably should. If Uriah is going to inherit his family’s business, those are the kind of things he should be used to involving himself in and speaking of. But, as silly as it is, he doesn’t want to bore his friend with all this, maybe because he has always been the older one of the two and can’t help but sometimes still think of him as that little kid...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 10:43:07 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"yeah. just in case you thought my dad didn't hate me enough."

but that's not entirely true. has never once expressed hatred towards his children, only an undeniable lack of love. he isn't sure which is worse.

but the moment passes, negativity brushed aside.

"never had a doubt about you, mars. mister big shot ceo."

sighing, he looks to his friend.

"i'll get there someday."

as expected of him.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
cattitude [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 6:28:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: