Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:57:09 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Too much metal, not enough sunlight.
[break][break]
In all the time he has been a member of Team Rocket, Mars had put great effort into spending as little time in the submarine as possible. Not because it’s underwater (in fact, that may even be a comfort), but because the place could use some serious redecorating and because he has no interest in suddenly running into certain people.
[break][break]
He likes how things work out like this, with him spending his days out at nice places instead of in this dump (Mars’ words, just expressing his thoughts here), but sadly, it seems like it’s not always that he can bribe someone into taking over patrol duty for him...
[break][break]
Alas, tonight, fortune has not smiled upon dearest Mars, and it’s with a sigh that he waits for his patrol partner outside the dining hall – leaning against the wall while looking at his phone. He’s dressed casually, or as casual as someone like Mars can be, because of course, he’s not here as POG Bank CEO.
[break][break]
It would be easier if he was, he could get his assistant to do the work for him.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #0B7B7B;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 10:13:43 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]practically no sunlight whatsover, but danny's not complaining, though that's only because he feels like he can't just yet. he's still too new...he can't take the risk.

still getting used to his schedule, he almost forgets that tonight is his turn to patrol the area. so he comes running down the corridor, almost late but not quite.

"sorry! sorry. i got a bit lost."

it takes a moment to recognize the other but when he does, he's raising a finger to point in surprise.

"oh i know you!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 12:37:01 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It also takes Mars a moment, but only a moment.
[break][break]
Amber eyes squint at the vague familiarity when the other shows up, wondering where the hell he’s met this happy-go-lucky kid for about three seconds before snapping his fingers and pointing at him when recognition kicks in.
[break][break]
Danny! How’s it going?” He grins with a radiance that’s lacking in this place so devoid of sunlight. Maybe he should really consider being a smile model for toothpaste ads or something...
[break][break]
What the hell though? This guy’s in Team Rocket? Not that Mars would ever judge; everyone has their reasons and circumstances to join and all that, but Danny doesn’t really fit the usual brand of… gloomy edgelord that seems so prevalent among the criminal organization’s ranks.
[break][break]
Then again, neither does Mars, nor do his friends… for the most part.
[break][break]
He did mention getting lost though…
[break][break]
”Haven’t seen you around before. You don’t spend much time at the sub, I take?” Leave it to Mars to casually pry for information. ”Come on, we should probably get to patrolling.”
[break][break]
At least he isn’t completely setting the job aside.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 9:52:20 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the pog bank ceo actually remembers him...be cool, be cool.

"h-hey! it's good to see you."

as ecstatic as danny is, he can't help but realize where they are and what they are: two rocket members in a submarine.

"yeah i joined recently! i didn't know you were with them."

join, like this is some sort of a club. he nods his head, following after to start their patrol.

"i also didn't know pog bank's associated with them..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 7:08:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Joined.
[break][break]
Does this kid know what he’s getting into? How old is he, even?
[break][break]
”Ah, well, if you didn’t know then that means I’ve been doing my job right.” He winks, because of course Martín del Mar isn’t part of Team Rocket! He’s a philanthropist! A good-looking, smart, charismatic, and rich businessman who is always charming in interviews, donates a whole lot of money to different charities, and loves supporting Hoenn’s favourite talents.
[break][break]
Or, well, at least that’s the image he has built, and the one he continues to work hard towards building and maintaining every single day...
[break][break]
It almost makes him feel bad that Danny has learned the truth. Like telling a kid Santa isn’t real or something.
[break][break]
Then again, it's likely Danny doesn't even know who he is beyond that one time they met, unless he's really into the business world. Mars doubts it.
[break][break]
”It’s just me though, not the bank. Kind of complicated and I wouldn’t want to bore you with my reasons to be here.” He brushes it off as he walks into the dining hall, because Danny definitely doesn’t need to know about all the illegal things that go on at Piazza Oro Grande Bank which aren’t even related to Team Rocket.
[break][break]
”What about you, though? Liking Team Rocket so far? Gotta say, no offense, but it doesn’t really seem like your sort of thing.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 10:46:42 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]oh. does that mean mars' secret is also danny's to keep? it makes him a little anxious, but it's nothing compared to the rest that currently plague his mind.

"yeah no problem! wouldn't wanna pry, you know?"

they enter the dining hall. danny takes a good look around at the empty space; it's eerily quiet tonight.

"no offense taken. yeah...it really isn't my thing, but it's been alright so far. no one's tried to kill me yet."

yet...

"i'm sure everyone has their own reasons for being here. i'm no different."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 2:58:32 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

No one has tried to kill him yet.
[break][break]
So… barely past his orientation or something, then?
[break][break]
What’s joining a criminal organization without at least a couple of people pointing a gun at you or threatening to kill you, right?
[break][break][break]
Oh, Danny really has no idea what he’s getting into.
[break][break]
”Sure, yeah, we all do, and if it isn’t your sort of thing then I’m guessing you didn’t really have much of a choice, huh? ...That’s a shame, if you ask me, you seem like the sort of kid who’d have a bright future out there. Always sucks to see people like that get dragged into all this.” He shrugs, but he means his words, even if he knows some wouldn’t be too happy to hear him saying things like those to a new recruit. It’s still the truth.
[break][break]
He’s not telling Danny to back down and leave, not really, because it doesn’t sound like he would. But, while Mars wouldn’t usually care about the fate of a stranger, this time he’s surprisingly invested without even knowing much about the circumstances…
[break][break]
Is it because he sees potential, or because Danny still has a way out and a choice while he himself was dragged into this life at the short age of six and then robbed of all escape routes?
[break][break]
He walks among tables, not minding the eerie silence of the dining hall.
[break][break]
”So, Danny, what do you do outside of a newfound life of crime? School? A job?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 9:10:38 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the words are a little blunt but he appreciates the honesty. it processes in his head, drawing a nod from him as he struggles to find a response.

so he stays quiet, instead choosing to focus on their patrolling duties.

"i was starting to get into modeling a bit, just to know more of what my girlfriend goes through."

is that too much information? should he be telling people he's dating ? mars seems trustworthy enough, but danny's always quick to trust people.

"...that's why i joined rocket, too, because she's here."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:51:40 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’That's why i joined rocket, too, because she's here.’
[break][break]
Oh, for fuck’s sake.
[break][break]
For his girlfriend? Really? That’s the reason Danny joined Team Rocket?
[break][break]
That’s probably like… in the top ten stupid things anyone could ever do for love (or lust, depending which Danny favours).
[break][break]
Obviously, Mars doesn’t say any of this out loud though.
[break][break]
Instead, he simply sighs and puts a hand on Danny’s shoulder. ”Hey, if you want to look out for your girl, that’s fine… You gotta do what you gotta do. But, keep in mind that just because you’re here now, that doesn’t mean you should stop doing the things you like, you know? Just some friendly advice.” The hand moves to give him a pat on the back, Mars then returning his attention to their surroundings as if he actually cares about patrolling the submarine.
[break][break]
This life has a way of sucking you in and stealing away everything you ever loved and cared for, and he sure hopes that doesn’t happen to Danny.
[break][break]
"Modeling can be fun though. I've done a few shoots in the past." A smirk, because of course he has.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 8:39:17 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"yeah i hear you. i just wanted to get to know the real her, you know?"

and what better way than to join the same criminal organization she's in?

what a dumbass.

"you definitely got the looks for it! i'm sure they were good shoots."

the compliment is genuine, as are most things danny says.

"why did you join? if you don't mind me asking."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 10:31:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Get to know the real her.
[break][break]
And they couldn’t just talk about it like normal people?
[break][break]
Then again, how can Mars judge when he keeps so many secrets? Even if he didn’t, it’s a bit hypocritical of him when he himself has someone he cares for who he wishes he knew much more about…
[break][break]
Someone he may even have feelings for…
[break][break]
The compliment and the question both do well to distract him from those thoughts.
[break][break]
”Ha! They were, though I wouldn’t model full time. Not too fond of the thought of having to wear things I don’t like, you know?” Of course he isn’t; Mars cares way too much about his personal style, and he hates having people tell him what to do. Although this response in itself is no more than a way to stall for time.
[break][break]
Why did you join?
[break][break]
There are standard responses to this question, because it’s not like he’s about to use this patrol shift to tell Danny the whole story of how he joined Team Rocket in order to bring down a much different criminal organization that just so happens to be run by his flesh and blood. Danny doesn’t need to know about that sort of stuff.
[break][break]
Mars looks at him, and he gives him a smile. ”Hmm… Let’s just say there’s something here that I need, and that I think getting it is worth going through all these risks.”
[break][break]
Risks. Those same risks Danny doesn’t yet fully understand.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 14:15:26 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"that's a vague answer but that's kinda the thing to do here, isn't it? maybe i should start being more vague..."

it certainly couldn't hurt, especially since he isn't sure who he can or can't trust yet. but mars seems like a nice enough person! he's pog bank ceo, after all, and if anything were to go wrong surely he could just out the man.

not that danny's a rat of course...

"but yeah it's been good so far. i haven't had to do anything too crazy just yet. only recently robbed a jewelry store, which went alright."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 5:57:32 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Look at you. Fast learner, aren’t you?”
[break][break]
Mars’ laugh breaks the eerie silence of the dining hall, forcing its way into this dark place where some would say sounds like those will never belong. But, that’s just the way Mars is: he does whatever he pleases, and he would never allow anything to rob him of this confident smile of his.
[break][break]
Will Danny also continue to be as cheerful as he is now despite all the horrors being in Team Rocket will inevitably bring? That remains to be seen.
[break][break]
If he needs reassurance, it comes in the form of a pat on the back and an all too charming smirk. ”Pulling heist, huh? Bet that must have been pretty scary at first. Nice job with having it go smoothly.”
[break][break]
Nice job, because as simple as Team Rocket may make things like those sound, they’re not simple at all. Nice job, because if it hadn’t gone smoothly, even something like that could have ruined Danny’s life forever.
[break][break]
Something that, according to him, isn’t “too crazy.”
[break][break]
He really doesn’t understand what he’s doing here, does he?
[break][break]
”Tell you what… How about I give you my card and you reach out if you ever need help with any of that stuff? Or anything, really.”
[break][break]
Why is Mars doing this? Why does he care so much?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:06:14 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]heck yeah danny's a fast learner; that's one of his skills he listed in his resume. but he decides to keep it vague...maybe best not to start spewing details about his nonexistent professional life.

"thanks! i had a great partner who did most of the work, so i can't take all the credit."

a great partner who's now archived. rip :sadge:

and no, danny doesn't really understand what's going on here. he's in over his head and one day, maybe soon, he'll get hurt.

"anything? like, even if i wanted a job at pog bank?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
that's the spirit [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 4:39:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

If Mars had known that that nice and cheerful kid he had met at the tournament would end up joining Rocket, he would have probably offered him a job on the spot for the sake of reminding him that there are other options for him. It probably wouldn’t have done much to change things, since Danny’s reasons for being here seem to have nothing to do with a need for employment, but it still would have been an alternative.
[break][break]
This is perhaps why he smiles at the question.
[break][break]
”Look at you chasing after every opportunity. That’s what I like to see! Sure, why not? Forward me your resume and I bet we could find something for you.”
[break][break]
There are plenty of jobs at a place like POG Bank, after all, and Mars would much rather hire someone he had an honest conversation with over someone who says whatever they think their employer might want to hear at an interview. Then again, there would probably still be a need for an interview, but it’s not like things like those matter at this point…
[break][break]
After all, even though one of those sleek business cards detailing our illustrious POG Bank CEO’s contact information is indeed offered to Danny, it is not like this will somehow magically erase his choices. There is no turning back, and he probably doesn’t even realize as much. Hell, even if he did, he probably wouldn’t leave – he’s following after a pretty girl and blindly walking down a treacherous path because of it.
[break][break]
Someone better guide him for his own sake.
[break][break]
Will it be Mars? Probably not, but at least he can offer the advice of someone who knows this life.

[BREAK][BREAK]