awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:15:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was impromptu, but fucking shit, everyone needed it.

No, it wasn’t some kind of prayer circle. This was—something else entirely.

Despite his reservations on travelling to Evergrande in order to have this meeting behind more secured doors, he figured—with what he saw had happened to , travelling that far might not be such a good idea.

He’d already contacted and left her a message, wondering if she’d be able to drop by the debriefing. Well, this was as close to a debriefing as they were all going to get.

He knew he’d also spotted one of the Councilmen who’d lent a hand with helping them get Noah back to Verdanturf. Was busy? He hoped not.

Then again, he wondered if was going to turn up. After they’d split from the place he’d mostly lost track of things—plus he had to return a certain bunch of Pokéballs to the Verdanturf gym leader as well.

Hoping that the young man wasn’t too busy, he’d sent a message as well, requesting if they were free, to drop by.

They all needed to—talk. And exchange information.

Lars himself had to drop the news to everyone present about not one, but the two Legendary Pokémon he’d seen on his side of the battlefield.

Shit.

Okay, so there is no definitive posting order, just get in here we all need to talk. There’s food and drink obviously.

Meeting at Noah and Kyle's place

@ everyone Lars is aware of that was present during the raid.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 21:20:00 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

One good thing came about today, she hadn't broken anything (as she discovered when letting the hardworking Orvar rest), but the fact still was, it hurt. Whether clinging to insectoid skin, or sharpened legs pushing into purple flesh, it hurt. Her face had long vanished with angry heat, though the hollowness of loss still rung in her chest...she didn't even know what those nightmarish enemies were!

Thankfully, her destination came into view, purging any more thoughts. Orvar was a powerful Pokemon, but even she worried for the Yamega's lack of a true rest...she hoped there was food in this strange meeting of theirs.

Returning the poor Yamega, she stiffly walked, clearly nursing bruises and stretching awkwardly as she nodded to anybody within, "Greetings..." All things considered, if it was her, she had to protect everyone. In particular, upon sighting , she straightened up, attempting to exclude the air of health.

@raidpeeps

Orvar
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 3:17:59 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @raidpeeps

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
despite the roar of the thrusters on the celesteela his mind was able to be lost in its own space as the ultra beast flew over the skies of hoenn. people looked up in amazement at the sight of a rocket shaped being so close to the ground, not that kazimir, or rather, pokkenger cared. his mind was still focused on the attack of sootopolis and on the message he had gotten from . he was aware of the avatar of arcticuno was there, nearly all aqua operatives were, and now they were being called together to meet up and talk about it.

was he really in the mood to talk though? he might have gotten in the way of some rockets trying to enter the spire but in return he hadn't been able to prevent from being taken by them. it hurt. the man was nothing short of a mentor and inspiration to the masked hero and now he was arceus knows where in rocket's clutches and he couldn't really do a damn thing about it. sure he could storm sootopolis in the hopes that he was being kept around there somewhere especially since they got themselves a fancy new tree. of course he could already hear the alolan yell at him for such a stupid idea. it was practially suicide.

still he needed to try and be a bit of a joltik in their side if he could.

the celesteela let out a cry to signal that they had arrived and slowly the large ultra beast slowed itself down as it position itself right next to the house, rattling the windows from the shockwaves of its decent as the hero jumped off and came in through the door, hero outfit and all. "pokkenger here! at your service!"

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 6:38:56 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The struggle that comes with being a councilman is neverending, and with the gradual absence of other councilmembers, it seems that the bulk was to fall onto Kim’s head.

Fantastic.

While Kim would be more than happy to acquire the recounts of those that had been apart of the Sootopolis incident first hand, the fires that continued to burn were in need of a fireman, he had no time to sit and chat, immediate and more urgent matters in need of attention.

So he sent an envoy in his place: a Gothorita.

The pokemon was previously dropped off in front of the councilman’s Verdanturf residence, allowing for the pokemon to properly enjoy a light stroll through the town she called home before she had arrived to the set location; a nod and hello given to the Celesteela as she walked through the door, gently closing it behind herself.

I hope I’m not too late.

A gentle voice hums through the minds of those present.

I am here on behalf of Councilman Cole and will be recording this meeting for brevity’s sake when reiterating to said party. Thank you for having me.

She gives a curtsey before finding a seat.

I am able to recount the councilman’s perspective perfectly, so please do not be concerned with his absence.

@the peeps present
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:11:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Aftermath

Funeral arrangements were easy. He had done it twice before already, with this third time he was practically an expert.

Pocketing his phone, the youth marched the rest of the way towards 's residence. He had already been wrung and squeezed dry for everything he knew at HQ, but he figured he might learn something from others' own recounts.

And he wanted to make sure Noah was okay.

He tipped his hat at the Celesteela as he neared the house and then marched inside, pausing in place to stare owlishly at the Pokkenger in the flesh, then the cute little pokemon sitting nearby, before finally bringing his gaze to and .

There was a sense of camraderie with those two, given what had happened.

"Oi." He said simply, tipping his hat to everyone before finding his seat as well. "Hope y'all are well... Is Mr. Lopez here yet?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 3:21:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the noise of dogs from all around the house raise hell when they spot intruders they don't recognize on the door. they all come rushing from the backyard, barking and yipping. even kyle can hear it on his way back.

he's going to have to apologize to the neighbors later, and blame every party he sees on his property.

he arrives back to his home from a trip to the nearby convenience store. a bag full of popsicles was on his hand and the barking stops when kyle enters his property, where all dogs would stop glaring at everyone else to greet kyle.

"why are you guys even here?" he asks. his phone battery died a while ago. "did you bring noah to the hospital?"

casually, he walks across the living room, passing by everyone, on his way to the kitchen. he doesn't bother sharing his ice cream unless they asked. as he goes, he releases his raid pokemon on his home, his silvally particularly going straight to the basement door.

the solgaleo remains on its ball, ball shaking softly as it reacts to the avatars in its surroundings.

@tags
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 20:48:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That—was a fucking shitshow.”

Those were the first words out of his mouth the moment everyone had gathered. To nobody’s surprise, the councilman had sent a Pokémon in his place—in typical fashion.

At least the Gothorita was capable enough of communicating with them.

The one that drew his attention was the Pokkenger, though, full-armor regalia present. He wondered how the other could move around in such hot armor in this terribly tropical region.

“Okay, we’re here—best as we can manage anyway. I’ll cut straight to the point,” he remarked once everyone(?) present had settled down.

Reaching for the bottle of tequila he’d brought along, he poured himself a shot before knocking it back. Fuck.

“What exactly happened in each of your locations—err, battle ‘fronts’?” he inquired.

“Apologies if I didn’t have any League-sanctioned communication lines with me at the time. I was in the city dealing with private matters when shit broke out.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 22:27:38 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 EVENTUALLY, NOAH 'ARRIVES.' the television is turned on by and a connection is formed between its screen and noah's phone. for a moment, it's an awkward image. the camera way too zoomed on his face, eyes blinking as the body they belong to ponders whether the app has worked or not.

but finally, the lens is drawn back. noah, in his hospital garb, croaks out a greeting in midst thin hospital sheets.

"aw man, i'm missing a party." his voice is throaty, a layer of sleeplessness scrubbing against a rusty tone. "i saw gavin merlino. y'know the one. there was a civ with me- but i don't know where he went. helped me out before i got electrocuted." he laughs before coughing, fist beating against his chest.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 3:18:17 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida barely acknowledged the others beyond a nod, too exhausted to do anything more than seek out the food and release her Yamega, who descended upon the meal like the dinosaurian dragonfly it was. 's messenger though, got a head bow in their direction, "Thank you for your hard work." It wasn't often she got to talk to a Pokemon, most psychic Pokemon she met couldn't manage the feat of telepathy like that.

got a sneer from the woman, "Of course we finished the job." In what world would they rescue the man ( ) then drop him in the middle of nowhere. She kept her posture relaxed, however, being careful not to agitate or turn her back on any of the canines in the room. She hoped the others ( and ), followed her lead.

Not sure if she was included, she reported after Noah, "I suppose me and Lars here were close to this Gavin...he had a monster with him. Multiple allies." Monsters was probably more accurate, all of his Pokemon possessed a strength and savagry she'd never seen. Even the icy ally of theirs that helped from above couldn't defeat them soundly. "We, I didn't want to fight them...until the world trapped us with them...and him." She nodded curtly, perhaps a little coldly, to Noah, "After he failed to defend himself, we were forced to rescue him. Why did you attack this Gavin if you couldn't defeat him?" It was the first rule of surviving to not get into battles you couldn't win, how did this one possibly survive until now!?

@raidpeeps

Orvar
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 1:47:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Aftermath

"Nah man, the party's only starting now that yer here." The youth sighed in relief as he melted on his spot, glad to see his mentor doing, well... well.

The hospital clothes don't suit the bulky short king at all, but he certainly seemed energetic... quite surprising for Doug, really.

Did he not know...?

Well, perhaps Doug was the one who didn't know.

was quick to relay his own version of the events at the raid, and followed after, building up on it. Unlike Doug, she had been rather close to the thick of battle, as it turned out.

"Awright, let's be fair to him." Doug interfered, a wry, forced smile on his lips. "I doubt he went in with any intention of losing."

He would've have been willing to put his money on Noah on any physical altercation involving the fighting-type gym leader; it was hard to believe any thug in Rocket could beat him in a fist fight.

Which was probably why he got electrocuted by a god instead.

Just went to show why one should make certain all pokemon were occupied before going for the trainer.

"As for me... I was assisting with the evacuation efforts. When the world... broke, and pieces of the city started flying everywhere, I somehow ended at the silver spire alongside councilman Kim, Mr. Schwartz... and the Pokkenger, for some reason." He said, taping at his chin.

Not being part of the AQUA club, he had no idea how the hero had gotten there so quickly; the man sure had a knack for timing.

"We continued the evacuation efforts while also trynna to maintain order and calm the panickin' populace; the whole thing would've been impossible without Councilman Kim's help! But..." He frowned next, lips thinning. "Though the evacuation was for the most part successful... The rampage of 'Yveltal' towards the end took the lives of several soldiers. There were also those who died to the Rockets and civilian rioters' opposition."

Couldn't open fire on the civilian masses- even to save your own life. It wasn't hard for Rockets to simply stand amongst them and become untouchable.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 4:55:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @raidpeeps

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
once the man of the hour decided to show up (really someone should have called him wasn't this his own place?) it was time for everyone to bring up their notes and compare what had happened in sootopolis. hearing about all that was going on was a lot more disheartening even for the hero of hoenn to bear. this operation must have been on in rocket's back pocket for a while now for them to go all out on one city. and here they were with nothing to really show that they had managed to really fight back against it. at least they were all still "here" unlike...well...

"I tried to wall off ways around the city so no we could corral off some civilians and rockets away from each other...at least that was my plan. then the world got...screwy. Ended up at the spire with our friend Captain Douglas here and and even Council Supreme Chad Kim and we had to deal with a few rockets trying to get inside. Me and Balder did our best to keep them out of the building but..." the hero let out a sigh as he brought a hand up to his face and undid his helmet and took it off revealing the face of to all that were here. it was probably fine, at least a third of them sort of knew already at this point although it probably didn't help that the face underneath the hero was looking a little sullen.

"They managed to take him hostage far as i could tell. We got surrounded and overpowered by the ones we were fighting and retreat was the only thing we-well, it was the thing that he wanted me to do. So i managed to at least recover his effects and Pokemon before getting out of there before the spire came toppling down. After that i've been searching a few places where Rocket might be hiding but so far no luck."

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 6:32:02 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar

Keeping her composure amidst the conversing, the Gothorita would wave over to , her hand extended in anticipation for the ice cream, waiting in expectation.

Would be rude not to share with your guest, Mr. Lopez.” She transmits directly to him and no one else.

Whether he had caved in or not, the Gothorita would snap her head towards ; his comment on her trainer placing a visual look of disgust on her face.

She allows for him to finish his relay- eyes continuing to linger on the man as he spoke- before she communicates.

Did you put thought into that superfluous piece before you said it? I feel like you didn’t. Because if you did you would have known better than to speak it aloud.

Her eyes roll before she settles them frontward; no one in particular in her sights.

I believe that others have the gist of the councilman’s actions but I will reiterate briefly and expand on the areas outside of others knowledge.

A purple hue fills her iris, focusing on the memories Kim had shared with her.

Kim evacuated citizens to rally point: Torterra- whether it was before or after the city began to shift. Upon return to the spire after his final evacuation, he entered- noticing one that had been present was there no longer. When entering the spire, the other, a man who could only be assumed to be rocket affiliated, was present and seemed to have been able to grab a shard of some sort. Once things had begun to shift once more thanks to Kyogre’s awakening, Kim evacuated the man and secured the spire. Whereupon its evacuation, someone- not naming names- decided to start destroying the spire while Kim was inside. After evacuating the spire himself, Kim grabbed Balder’s shard and tossed it in alongside his own, teleporting the spire- or what was left of it- elsewhere.

After a few blinks, she scans the room, eyeing those present as she sits upright.

I believe the rest is self evident.

There is a moment she keeps her silence before adding a question into the mix.

"Ah, one more thing. Has anyone seen Mr. ? The councilman would like to ensure he is not just in hiding before issuing a missing persons report- on top of the others that are currently off the grid."

The amount of important people that had gone missing in such a short time span was quite embarrassing to say the least.

@the peeps present

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 3:06:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah rises a brow, the dark color of its hair staunch against the pale togepi whites of hospital bed's linens. "you were nearby, weren't you?" he asks kaida. "with anderson. why didn't you two attack?" the gym leader thanks doug, acknowledges him with a smile that occasionally dips into pixelation.

the absence of balder schwartz is palpable not only in the language, but in the obvious physical vacancy in this very verdanturf room. quietly, noah shakes his head.

"if he's taken," noah says, "there hasn't been any negotiation or news sent from rocket. yet."

tl;dr - noah responds to kaida + doesnt know where balder is sadge

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 4:16:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Another shot of tequila is knocked back, and the surly face of the Head Ranger becomes apparent—holding a finger up to his lips in Kaida’s direction, it’s a gesture for her to stay quiet for now and listen.

“Look, see,” he began in the direction of the television where Noah’s face was swimming in and out of focus (was there something wrong with the camera? Or was he holding it up himself, he wasn’t sure) “…we were supposed to head to a gathering point and regroup with other League members. However, as you’re all aware of… the world literally started moving around.”

How, he had no idea.

Pouring himself another shot, he then sets the glass down for a few moments before considering the Pokke—wait, what?

Blinking in Kazimir’s direction for a few moments, he lets the shock settle before continuing to address Noah.

“I don’t know how, I have no idea why, but we were swung back in the very same place we were trying to evacuate from and return with back-up forces. And as you may—or may not—know, there was a twisted Lugia up there. Dark-bodied, red-eyed… but what got me off-guard the most was the other one. The nightmare reaper.”

Lars was referring to Darkrai, of course.

He would let the silence settle once more before continuing.

“Whoever had that… that communal nightmare around Halloween a few years ago—I think was there, I remember seeing that zombie Manectric—would be familiar with this one.”

He didn’t know the name on what to call Darkrai explicitly, but a holographic image from his PokéGear flashed around the room for everyone to see what it was.

“We were at a disadvantage, it was a two on one avatar situation—although I don’t know who was commanding this one, the other obviously had Gavin at the helm.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 4:46:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida had to concede to , and nodded, "Of course." She doubted anybody went into a battle thinking they'd lose. She still looked a little sullen, however. It seemed she still hadn't acknowledged it as a valid explanation, simple an understandable one. All in all, deaths were had because of it.

She listened to 's companion , , and at command. As one of the few who knew neither Pokeenger nor Kazimir, she simply tilted her head before concluding it was a fine way to hide one's face. Lars' command couldn't hold her tongue forever, however, and she piped up as Lars stopped talking. She hadn't been told when the command wore off, had she?

"And those monsters and reaper almost won...we couldn't defeat a single one, not while focusing on rescue, at least...I wouldn't risk my pack on "winning" the fight." Not now, not ever. She almost didn't want to let Lars in such a battle, if not for the fact he was not under her command. She almost felt like curling her lip. To question why they hadn't attacked, when the answer was obvious. Among monsters, even equal numbers clearly meant nothing. "I myself am lucky I was attacked only by one Pokemon." Movements stiff and the occasional purple skin coming into view, it was clear she still nursed the relatively "minor" wounds.

Something hit her, and she questioned out loud, "...Are these monsters called avatars, my friend?" The casual question almost came out of nowhere, head tilting quizzically.

@raidpeeps

Orvar