awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 17:38:59 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
She was not quite sure what was so important about what she had said. Violet did lack quite a bit of knowledge in certain areas compared to the more experienced members, so she felt a little bit weird being forwarded to the man that had initially overseen her recruitment. In fact, well, to stop beating around the brush: she did feel a bit like she was in for a scolding.

Granted, no one had probably expected her to stand up to those legendary Pokemon being thrown around and such. That was why she had tried to play a gambit in the first place. Yet, ultimately, she hadn’t even managed to pull that off, just beings swept up in the battle and flying around without much of a plan.

Hence, waiting in front of this improvised office in the taken-over city, she was a little bit nervous. Yet, she had already resolved to meet this head on, no matter how it ended up playing out. Part of finding a place to belong was screwing up with that, after all. She figured that she would not be punished too badly in the grand scheme of things, so she tried to stay upbeat as she waited there, leaning against the wall.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 15:23:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
With the city recently occupied and anxious citizens still adjusting to the shift in power, Gavin doesn't want to be too far from potential conflict. It's for this reason that he opts to meet with in Sootopolis rather than his office on the submarine.

Right at the agreed-upon time, the door opens.

"Miss Fairbanks, come in."

Gavin doesn't seem angry. Tired, if anything at all, with bags under his eyes, but with his usual straight-backed professionalism present in his mannerisms. He leads the way into a small but cozy office that seems to have been tidied up in the aftermath.

"I've been told you witnessed some of what happened with Kyogre after it left the Cave of Origin."
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 17:07:36 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Naturally, she entered right away. There wasn’t exactly a spring in her step, sure, but she kept steady and strong at the very least. The man did not meet her with adversity, after all, so she found herself slightly relieved. From her last meeting, she had the impression that he was a reasonably genuine person. Or at least not one of those people that pretended to be calm, only to then blow up in your face.

Thus, she entered, took a seat if offered, and would make sure to be clear and concise. Gavin seemed tired, so the least she could do was make this easy on him.
And hence, she nodded. “Yes. I was trying to reach the top of the spire when the water sprout erupted and carried me and some bystanders upwards. Thee Kyogre itself appeared in the vortex, surging upwards and then used that momentum to jump out of the island, somewhat akin to that movie, ‘Free Wailord’. It also ate a woman named Skyler, who I think entered that cave as well? Either way, I followed the Kyogre but could not find it. But I did find that woman, rising from the waters. Rising, not floating to the surface or so.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 19:37:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin blinks at the language used. Ate her...?

"I'm familiar with Captain Dross."

He'd met on a few occasions, though she hadn't always been aware it was Gavin she was interacting with. They shared enjoyment of treasure hunting and while the captain wasn't aligned with Rocket, she'd not stood in direct opposition to his knowledge.

A neutral party.

"But the Kyogre was no longer with her? Hm."

Rising, not floating to the surface...

"Did she have other Pokemon with her?"
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 12:18:14 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

“Hmm….there originally was one of those wheel Pokemon….you know, the mossy ones?” She briefly fell quiet, trying to remember, then snapped her finger in reckognition. “Dhelmise, yes, that’s it. That was with her before, but I did not see it afterwards, before the guy with the Mega Salamence came down and they started making out.” She crumpled her nose in disgust at that notion. Somehow, that was what had irked her the most. Though she had not seen the whole thing too well, due to keeping her distance and the lights fading.

Plus, she was not the most reliable witness for other reasons. “The Kyogre was gone, though. Like, completely, akin to before it came up the sprout. That thing was so massive and powerful that you could pretty much feel it, even after it passed you. But it was gone when I found her like that. Which is all kinds of weird, since she just seemed a little wet, but none the worse for wear….despite having been swallowed by the big fish.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 19:45:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Mossy... wheel...?

Gavin's furrowed brow smoothes as she clarifies. Dhelmise. He's well familiar with the species. "More an anchor than a wheel," he says, but offers no further input as he tents his fingers and listens to her recount.

He considers the details of Captain Dross's make-out session wholly irrelevant.

"It's possible it didn't mean to swallow her," but legendaries were rarely so careless. He'd learned through Lugia that they possessed frightening intelligence, regardless of whether or not they chose to share it. "Do you know much about Dross?"
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 10:59:54 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Well, I did think that I knew her well. But turns out I only knew which buttons to push to make her squeal and squirm, not what really makes her tick,” she replied, shrugging. There had been a brief few moments in which she had truly thought that she understood that woman – and was understood in return. However, all of that had just been in her head. That person had been toying with her all along.

Which, obviously, was what irked her the most. After all, she was the one who did that to people, not the other way around. She shrugged, though, dismissing that. “Either way, I spent a summer with her, so I know a few things. Saved the woman’s life once, but I guess I really shouldn’t have had. Though that was before you recruited me, so I guess I couldn’t have known better? I don’t know much about the person she is now. That war really seems to have done a number on her.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 2:59:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin lifts a brow at her phrasing but otherwise appears unfazed.

"She's no enemy of Rocket, if that's your concern." Gavin flicks his wrist dismissively. "Not an ally, either, but Dross hasn't done anything in direct opposition of our goals that I'm aware of."

That war.

"The three-day war?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 12:37:56 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Probably, she actually only spoke of ‘the war’, but she was clearly referring to the latest one at that time,” she replied, trying to be honest about it. That was also the only war around the time that she truly remembered. Then again, it wasn’t like she was too attentive to these sorts of matters to begin with. She’d only heard of the three-day one after the fact. Though, admittedly, that was probably reasonable. It was easy to miss three days of world events when travelling, after all.

“Though I am not so sure about Dross. Back during the operation, she did go with the league members to the cave, which was under our control. I didn’t get to follow due to the whole space distortion stuff happening, but one of the League big shots recognized her and went to link up with her. If you ask me, she might well be an enemy at least by now.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 6:30:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Did she ever mention which warfront she fought on? I don't recall seeing her at Mauville."

Then again, there had been a lot going on at the time, including a brief and horrifying trip to Ultra Space. He'd read reports from Rocket agents filed on all fronts but there were holes in every story, even his own.

The Cave was under our control?

This was news to Gavin.

He doesn't show it, merely nods along with the information.

"Then we'll need to keep a better eye on her. Which League was it?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 18:57:11 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

She shook her head. “No, she did not elaborate on that. Seemed like she didn’t want to talk about it at all.” It had struck her a little bit as odd back then, sure, but she had not given it too much thought overall. After all, it had been in the past, she had just met a pretty lady again and they’d gone on a duty-date afterwards.
[break][break]
Not that anything good had come out of it. “As for the league people, one of them was that pompous jerk with the megaphone, Kingsman or something. The other was someone they called Angelo, he never fully introduced himself. He was the one that put his tongue into her after the whole Kyogre thing.”
[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 5:29:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Kingsman," Gavin spits. "He was one of ours, once. A traitor."

He does not elaborate on their history but doesn't feel he needs to; most in Rocket understood how traitors were to be handled.

"If she's keeping company with him, perhaps she is someone to worry about." He scowls. "Angelo I don't know. I'll have him looked into."

What Gavin doesn't know is that he has met , in a manner of speaking.

"Your information is valued, if fragmented. I assume whatever connection you had with Dross can't be rekindled for the sake of intel?"

It was worth an ask.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 12:23:02 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I see,” she replied. Not having been aware that the man had been a traitor, she had just seen a usual big-mouthed league do-gooder in him. Good to know that he was especially deep on their crap-list. Just in case she ever got a proper opportunity to stab him in the back. It had almost been possible back then, but in the end there had been too many of the enemy around to truly take advantage of anything.
[break][break]
That was kind of sad, since she had hoped for a chance to truly prove herself. His question, thus, caused her to perk up and briefly tap her lips. Wanting to give it proper thought before replying, she swiftly rand through some scenarios. “Hmm, I doubt that I could get into her pants again at all, given how our last meeting played out. However, it did end rather abruptly with her overreacting. It could certainly be possible for me to guilt her into at least talking things over and sorting them out, learning what I can in the process. Given that I ended up evacuating civilians here instead of actively damaging league members could be helpful in that regard. A good hook and reason to seek her out, I reckon.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 12:38:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I wasn't implying you should try to fuck her."

Though his expression remains mostly neutral, there's a note of disdain in his tone.

"That rarely ends well." He thinks of and , makes a note to check in with his sister after this meeting had concluded. "No, getting back in her good graces is all I was suggesting."

It seems already has ideas to that end.

"Perfect, then she's not likely to suspect you."
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Last Bender of Water
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 16:58:35 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Well, she is a lot more pliable in the afterglow in my experience,” she added, lightly shrugging. For her, it was obvious to know about how their relationship had gone before the end, and since this was still a bit of a sore topic for her, she, for once, did not realize that others would not. “But yes, that would be a terrible idea. That ship has sailed for better or worse. But I am going to make use of it to the best of my abilities.” It had been the first time in ages she’d let her guard down in the end. Somehow, just leaving things in limbo did not feel right to begin with. And if she could gain an advantage that way? She’d be all the more for it.

Thus, a plan was already forming in her head. The barest bones of one. She knew that she’d have to improvise a whole lot anyway. “I cannot guarantee that I will get anything useful out of this, a low risk, probably low reward kind of thing. But that is what I signed up for here, isn’t it?” Vio added a laugh, slightly revelling in the notion that she would bet a chance to properly utilize her skills after all.
“Well, she is a lot more pliable in the afterglow in my experience,” she added, lightly shrugging. For her, it was obvious to know about how their relationship had gone before the end, and since this was still a bit of a sore topic for her, she, for once, did not realize that others would not. “But yes, that would be a terrible idea. That ship has sailed for better or worse. But I am going to make use of it to the best of my abilities.” It had been the first time in ages she’d let her guard down in the end. Somehow, just leaving things in limbo did not feel right to begin with. And if she could gain an advantage that way? She’d be all the more for it.
[break][break]
Thus, a plan was already forming in her head. The barest bones of one. She knew that she’d have to improvise a whole lot anyway. “I cannot guarantee that I will get anything useful out of this, a low risk, probably low reward kind of thing. But that is what I signed up for here, isn’t it?” Vio added a laugh, slightly revelling in the notion that she would bet a chance to properly utilize her skills after all.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights