1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 22:08:36 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

A strange mysterious illness has fallen on a local flying taxi service’s avian birds, unable to carry many expecting customers from Rustboro to Slateport in a timely fashion. Lucky for them, Maverick has yet to move out of Rustboro City after demoting himself from the Gym Leader title a few months ago. And with the man needed some extra cash, helping them for the day to carry some people from one City to the other was probably a good idea.

Warm crimson colored orbs shifted from his smart watch to his surrounding, taking a metal notes on the weather. It was hot, very hot. But it wasn’t just the heat that was getting to the human, the moisture in the air made it almost unbearable. He sighed, rolling up his sleeve on his white button up shirt and pushing them pass his elbows. It didn’t do much, but it was a little better. His fingers buttoned the top three buttons, partially revealing his massive burn scars on his chest. His gaze then flickered down to his black pants, not willing to roll them up just yet. If his partner doesn’t show up soon, a storm was going to make their life hell.

for @open at rustboro city doing crazy taxi. come join mav! i has extra fliers!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 0:49:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he wasn't Maverick's partner.

they had been running late and asked Chase to fill in. with a gentle sigh, he would make his way to Rustboro. "hey" he lifts a pale arm to the obviously-waiting-more-than-he-was-being-paid man "your co-worker got tied up, so they sent me" but "I'm also a paying customer." he gestures to the Murkrow on his shoulder.

"he's been wanting to fly for a bit now; but he broke his wing a few weeks back" Chase would explain "figured flying with an experienced type would boost his confidence. Renwick's all healed but he's... scared to go into the air." the Murkrow would place his good wing over his beak, as if ashamed.

"funny weather though. think your Salamence can handle it?" he shows concern about being struck by the conditions.

1/5
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:22:07 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

His patience was rewarded… Kind of.

Warm orbs lifted when a voice rang out, landing on a man waving while he approached him. His expression remained aloof, his own hand rose to give a polite single wave back. “I see” was his response, sighing silently to himself. Of course, that would explain the late arrival. Being called last minute to show up, that sucked. Digits shifted to the murkrow on his shoulder, secretly inspecting the dark and flying type before his gaze shifted back to the man. “How unfortunate,” he replied to his story, turning to his massive dragon, “I wish it a speedy recovery.”

The salamence shifted her weight, leaning to one side to make it easier for her master get on top of her back. A low growl rumbled in her cheat, gaze fixed on this new human and his little pet. “Hmmmmm,” he hummed, wiggling into a comfortable position on the back of his beast that was both safe for him and wouldn’t hinder the flying of the dragon, “I see there might be a storm coming.” Head turned towards the dark ominous clouds in the near distance, eyes narrowed to see if lightning could be seen. But after a few seconds, nothing lite up. Could be a good sign or bad, guess they will find out. “It’s moving rather fast. We need to get a move on or we will get caught it in.” Hand extend out, offering to aid the man up top of his dragon.

He never answered his question.

for at rustboro city doing crazy taxi. yay!

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 21:30:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Renwick still looks flustered. "thanks" Chase replies to the other man, taking the hand offered and hopping onto the Salamence's back "I'm looking to go to Petalburg" he adds for direction purposes "but if we need to land prematurely, I won't mind."

there was little they could do against the storm. Chase begin to prepare for the flight, noticing his Murkrow's talons digging into his shoulder in fear. "you'll be fine" he says reassuringly to the Pokemon.

2/5
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:36:39 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The restless dragon beneath him shifted her weight subconsciously, finding the extra weight on her back already annoying. A low and deep growl rumbled in her chest cavity, turning her gaze away as her master helped the other human onto her back. Although she was somewhat accustomed to her pesky human being on her back, having two of them was something else. She waited impatiently, letting both humans get comfortable on her back. It was when her trainer lightly tapped the side of her neck that she got to her feet, body shifted to adjust to the weight. Her red wings opened wide, body tensed ready to spring. And with one thrusted of her massive wingspan, they were up in the air.

At first, it took a moment for Maverick’s dragon to adjust to having two people on her back. Her movements seemed rather bothered while she soared through the sky. Maverick didn’t seemed bothered by the dragon, warm gaze remained forward. “Petalburg,” the man shouted, feeling her dip her wing slight to shift her direction, “And make it somewhat quick. I want to beat that storm.” Lagertha thrusted her wings hard, throwing them slightly back if they didn’t have their balance. The man glared at the dark clouds that began to get closer, a bad feeling tickled the pit of his stomach.

for at rustboro city doing crazy taxi. quick reply. feel free to make small talk if desired or throw something at them xD

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 2:39:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the ride so far was relatively smooth. Chase didn't fault the Salamence's disgruntlement, nor her wavering flight. it must be difficult for anyone other than the other man to ride her. the Murkrow still did not take off from Chase's shoulder, the wind wiping their feathers carelessly.

"ah" a dark cloud, darker than storm, appeared on the horizon "watch out." was all he could say as the swarming mass of flying types shot toward them. as if fleeing the upcoming chaos, they were worked into a frenzy. they didn't care if the dragon or the humans were in the way. several were Pidgey, Pidove... basic flying types.

but no less hazardous when in a flock.

3/5
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:08:27 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Despite the additional weight, the salamence didn’t seem bothered anymore and flew carelessly through the sky without much effert. Her massive wing span would move over so often, keeping them many miles away from anything that could be down below. Maverick kept his eyes glued to the dark cloud in front of them, trying to debate whether or not they would make it to their destination in time before that nasty storm would hit them.

It wasn’t until the man heard someone say something that he peeled his gaze away from the appending doom in front of them. Eyes widened as suddenly a flock of avian’s came rushing towards them in a blink of an eye. “Lagertha,” he hollered, tapping the side of her neck to make her wake up from her daydream and leaning forward to hold on, “Better hold on!” The dragon roared with life, shifting her body weight to dodge the many little pesky birds that franticly scattered away from both the storm and the large scary dragon in their path. Massive wings drew closer to her body, head lowered to dive down in a spiral to a lower altitude. Maverick held on for dear life, hoping that the person behind him did as well.

Once lower and out of the flocks way, the dragon lifted her head and opened to wings to stabilize their flight. The force partly made Maverick gasp for air, leaning back to see the storm was even closer. Shit. There not not gunna make it. Twisting his torso, the scarred mans gaze looked back in hopes to find both the man and his bird still on the back of the salamence. “Hey, are you okay?”

for at rustboro city doing crazy taxi.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 0:21:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was a bumpy ride.

Chase recalls 's words about transport Pokémon. honestly, he'd been putting it off on obtaining one for this particular reason. it was chaotic and uncomfortable. he held on for dear fucking life, mindful if he dropped... that was the end of him. his teeth clattered in panic, his cheek bitten more times than he could count. it was sore by the time he answered Maverick.

"f-fine" he confirms, refusing to lift a hand and give a thumbs up. Renwick gave the humans a Mean Look, the Murkrow far from amused by this turn of events. one hand had grasped the once-shoulder bird, Chase having pulled and hugged the avian to his chest once the acrobatics had begun. so much for the flying type trying to gain confidence.

"we should land" the Ranger adds in suggestion "the storm... I don't want your Salamence hurt."

4/5 +
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:54:01 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The mean look from the dark feather bird only made Mav grin, spotting a familiar trait he has in his own murkrow evolution. It was his customers expression that made the scarred man return to his usual dark expression, turning to see the ominous storm clouds almost upon them. It wasn’t his dragon the trainer was worried about, it was them. Lagertha can handle herself in a storm. But with passengers who are not as strong as her, that was troublesome.

One side of his nose scrunched in disgusted, not liking the idea but understood what he was requesting. It was reasonable, despite him questioning his dragons capability. After all, he was the customer technology. “Fine,” the man growled, warm orbs scanned the area below for a hide away while a loud crack of thunder erupted from around them. Lightning flashed soon after, forcing Mav to flinch as the arms on his arm started to rise. Maybe it was a better idea than he initially thought.

A few minutes later, the ex gym leader spotted a dark cave on a small island. He reached to tap on the dragon’s neck, making the creature see him pointing to the island. Lagertha roared, lowering even further down from the angry storm clouds above. She landed with grace, leaning to let the humans off her back. Maverick leaped off, another crack of thunder erupted from the heavens. “Come on,” he shouted, lights flashing while he waved his arms for him to follow, “We can hide in here.”

Recalling his dragon because she would not be able to fit in the small dark cave, Maverick booked it into the mysterious cave without a second thoughts. Warm gaze lifted to be sure the man followed. And not a second after they were both in the cave, the nasty sky let loose buckets of water droplets down upon them. “That... was close.”

for at rustboro city doing crazy taxi.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
higher than a kite [m/o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 6:18:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: