uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 10:06:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"yeah, i think so. what more could we ask for?"

he's only been around a few weeks so he's probably not in a position to speak for everyone else, but he does so anyway, as if confident the others on the squad would agree with him. it's foolish, stupid, even, but it's just how he feels.

"probably wasting all his money away."

he deflects with a joke but soon realizes as much. so he takes a breath, shrugging as he speaks:

"i dunno. i used to battle a lot in sinnoh. kachow's actually a great fighter even if he doesn't listen to me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 10:25:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It is foolish, and Sol knows Uriah’s wrong.
[break][break]
There’s a lot the rest of the squad would probably ask for if they could, but she does not correct him, nor does she dismiss his words. If anything, she’s thankful for them even if they’re wrong.
[break][break]
”You’re actually a really nice guy, you know?”
[break][break]
It’s a passing comment, nothing more. But, she turns to face him then, eyebrows raising at the mention of wasting all of his father’s money...
[break][break]
Aren’t they around the same age? Doesn’t Uriah have aspirations? A career? Something he loves doing and really wants to do?
[break][break]
”Yeah? Maybe we should battle sometime, then.” At this, there’s one of her faint smirks. Those that seem to be becoming more and more common when speaking to him. “Do you actually like it though? Battling, I mean.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 11:41:25 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah isn't complimented much, so when he's met with one, or at least what he thinks is one, he's not sure how else to react but with a somewhat awkward:

"...thanks."

prideful, luxray perks his head up, almost flaunting at the mention of a battle. uriah chuckles and leans down to pet the electric-type that only shifts away, closer to sol.

"battling's alright. i'm not sure what else i'd do, to be honest. i'm not good at...doing things."

whatever that might mean, it's clear the confidence he often shows might be feigned after all, marred by his upbringing.

the path leads them to a little food area off to the side.

"you hungry? the hotdogs are apparently amazing, according to the pamphlet."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 12:06:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Has he always been this awkward?
[break][break]
It’s kind of cute, and between that and the Luxray’s reaction, Sol can’t help but chuckle.
[break][break]
Not good at doing things, huh? I bet that’s not true… Everyone’s got things they like to do. You probably just haven’t figured out what.”
[break][break]
Which is kind of weird, considering he’s in his twenties and all that.
[break][break]
Then again, a lot of people their age haven’t decided what they want to do with their lives.
[break][break]
It probably has a lot to do with his family. The way he was raised, their expectations... Sol sure can understand that.
[break][break]
She would have added something else, but the mention of hotdogs distracts her.
[break][break]
”Sure… Guess we’re getting something to eat after all.”
[break][break]
All thanks to Kachow.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 12:38:10 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"maybe i'll figure out someday."

her acceptance to hotdogs, of all things, has him beaming. he does his best to hide it but his smile betrays him. he nods, stepping towards the little cafeteria.

"yeah, guess we are. cool."

cool? come on, uriah.

unsurprisingly, there's no line to the counter; the museum's much quieter today than it usually is. people have likely gone home after the conclusion of the tournament.

he gives the staff a friendly smile before peering up at the menu.

"just a hotdog meal for me, please. and one for you, too?"

his head tilts to sol as he asks. regardless, he pulls out his wallet, ready to pay.

"one check or separate?"

oh shit. he probably should've thought about this.

"uhh...separate."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:26:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cool.
[break][break]
While her own tone is as dry and lacking in emotion as ever, there may just be the slightest hint of sarcasm, a small smirk dancing at her lips for a couple of seconds before completely disappearing as if it had never been there to begin with.
[break][break]
This is nice, and Sol is somewhat surprised to find herself thinking that given the circumstances that had led them here.
[break][break]
Or, well, at least she does think this until they arrive at the cafeteria...
[break][break]
Did Uriah really just invite her to grab some food, choose for her, and then ask to split the bill?
[break][break]
Whatever, she has always preferred paying for herself anyway, but she’s sure more than a couple of her friends would have a few things to say about that if she told them about today.
[break][break]
But, why would she tell them?
[break][break]
”Sure, separate is fine.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:49:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]cool.

so they pay separate, and for a brief moment, uriah contemplates paying for her as well. but she said fine...so to do the opposite would mean to not take her wishes into consideration...all these thoughts and worries invade his mind even after he's paid and moved on.

he stops by the sauce station to dispense ketchup and mustard onto his hotdog, then walks on over to one of the many standing tables.

reaching for one of the fries, he dips it in mayo, ketchup, then says:

"i'm glad we're here."

awkwardly, he stumbles to correct himself:

"i've uh been starving even before you ran into me at the park."

luxray paws at uriah's leg, asking for a bite of his hotdog. unsurprisingly, he refuses.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 16:12:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

While Uriah worries and stresses and allows himself to fall into spiraling thoughts of concern about whether or not he did the right thing by choosing to only pay for his own hotdog, all thoughts about this are gone from Sol’s mind the moment she gets her receipt.
[break][break]
It’s meaningless, and she’s much more concerned with her food, putting nothing but mustard onto her hotdog before they go over to the tables. She gets ketchup for her fries.
[break][break]
‘I’m glad we're here.’
[break][break]
Is he?
[break][break]
‘I've uh been starving even before you ran into me at the park.’
[break][break]
Oh. Had he just invited her to grab some food before because he was hungry? Had she read too much into it at the time? Now she feels kind of guilty…
[break][break]
"You could have said so before."
[break][break]
Still, she reaches to take a bite from her hotdog, dismissing this.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Not too sure about amazing, guess those pamphlets lie a lot. Pretty good though.”
[break][break]
Ever a harsh critic.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 16:56:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i could've...but that's not why i asked you in the first place."

with a shrug, he dismisses it as well before taking a bite out of his hotdog. where she finds it pretty good, he finds it:

"amazing. damn. ten outta ten."

he follows it with another bite, and another, taking him to less than half the hotdog already.

"try adding the ketchup on. it really compliments the mustard."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 18:08:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Oh? And why did you ask me, then?”
[break][break]
Violet eyes fix on him. She knows the obvious answer, but since he mentioned it, it seems only fair to ask. She may also just want to make him suffer a little, but of course she won’t admit to that.
[break][break]
”... Ten out of ten, huh?”
[break][break]
So, Uriah is one of those guys. Just like most guys she has met in the military. Typical.
[break][break]
If Sol were someone else, she would laugh.
[break][break]
Instead, she calmly grabs a couple of fries.
[break][break]
”Nah, I don’t like ketchup on my hotdogs, it’s better on fries.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 18:52:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]oh shit.

he clears his throat, quickly swallowing hotdog before reaching for the cup of soda. he sips, which only seems to burn his throat even more.

"...i wanted to ask you out."

which seems to be the obvious answer, so briefly, he wonders why she even made him say it.

clearing his throat once more, he finishes what's left of his hotdog; the ketchup comment lost under the heat he feels from her question.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 3:08:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’...I wanted to ask you out.’
[break][break]
Truly, Sol hadn’t expected him to just blatantly say it, especially not considering what their relationship is. They may not be at work, she may be taking things easy, but she’s still his superior officer at the end of the day.
[break][break]
It’s stupid to admit to wanting to ask her out, someone smarter would have deflected or given an excuse.
[break][break]
And yet… his response makes her laugh, in a way Sol doesn’t usually laugh.
[break][break]
It’s a light and gentle sound, but it’s there nevertheless, and her smile remains even after it has faded away.
[break][break]
”You’re getting ahead of yourself, Uriah.”
[break][break]
She reaches for her drink, taking a sip.
[break][break]
”...There’s better people you could ask out. Believe me.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 5:10:21 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's stupid, sure, but it's straightforward and honest and...funny? he's not sure why she laughs but it sounds nice; he chuckles himself, holding his gaze no matter how much he wants to move it away.

despite her words, he still doesn't feel dissuaded nor embarrassed.

"why do you think so?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 5:34:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

She laughs because as stupid as it is, it is also straight-forward and honest, and kind of sweet in that.
[break][break]
Sweet, but dumb.
[break][break]
Sweet, but sad.
[break][break]
Since, Sol is not the type of person anyone should be asking out, especially not someone like Uriah, and yet they always seem to try.
[break][break]
Would it be cruel of her to tell him that the road he wants to choose leads nowhere? That he’s wasting his time?
[break][break]
Then again, in reality he probably just wants to sleep with her, and that’s that.
[break][break]
”Do you even know anything about me, Uriah?” Her smile shifts into a smirk, her gaze fixed on his. ”Why do you even want to ask me out?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 7:02:39 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]no, he doesn't know anything about her, at least nothing outside of what she presents when on duty, which is why he assumes the next answer to be obvious as well.

"to get to know you more."

still, his gaze holds.

[attr="class","noodles"]