clownfish [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 7:33:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Of course.
[break][break]
Why do people always want to know more?
[break][break]
Why can’t they just be happy with what they’re given?
[break][break]
Sharing who she is, the things she loves, her past, her life… These are things Sol doesn’t often do, because life has taught her there’s no point in doing as much when everyone always leaves. Why bother showing them more if they’ll never stay in her life? It’s a waste of time.
[break][break]
Calmly, she sips her drink, once again reaching for some fries. Little remains of her smirk now.
[break][break]
”Okay. And what do you think you would find?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 8:37:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]hmm.

"i dunno."

again, it's an honest answer, but it's also meant to buy him a little more time as he ponders over the question. he reaches for fries as well, dipping them in ketchup.

"more of who you are as a person, i guess."

absentmindedly, he extends a few fries down to luxray.

"like, being a captain is cool and all, but there's gotta be more outside of just work, you know?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 9:28:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Who is Sol as a person, and why would Uriah care to know that?
[break][break]
She has no intention of showing him, or of giving a proper answer, and yet she continues to stare at him as he elaborates on his reply.
[break][break]
He should only care about the fact that she’s his captain, why can’t he understand that?
[break][break]
”What if there isn’t?”
[break][break]
In a way, there’s not, because life has made it so the Sol who is captain always has to come first and foremost.
[break][break]
”...You wouldn’t like what you’d find.”
[break][break]
And with that, she returns her attention to her hotdog.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 9:47:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i don't believe that."

what he says that to exactly is up for sol to decide; he simply shrugs.

what a sad life it would be to simply live to work. he can think of a few people like that — most work for his dad — but maybe that's exactly the type of person one would need to be to succeed.

even so, he refuses to bend.

with his newfound confidence, he doesn't hesitate when he says:

"try me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 10:12:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He’s stubborn, way too stubborn, and Sol has to suppress the need to roll her eyes.
[break][break]
It’s not that she’s particularly upset by the way he keeps on insisting on things, but why do men always have to act like they know better, even when it comes to her feelings and who she is?
[break][break]
Instead of giving a response, she stares at him, just as she did the last time he defied her like this. This time, however, she doesn’t tell him to drop to the ground and give her fifty, what she does is much different…
[break][break]
Calm as ever, a finger is dipped in ketchup, reaching for him and smearing it on the very tip of his nose.
[break][break]
With this action comes a single dry, smooth, yet absolute: ”No.”
[break][break]
And then, there’s a smirk, bringing her finger to her mouth to get rid of the remnants of ketchup.
[break][break]
Uriah may be stubborn, but no one said Sol isn't.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 11:54:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]no.

too stunned to do anything, uriah simply blinks, then chuckles at the sight of her smirk. he returns one too as he reaches a finger up to wipe at the ketchup on his nose, bringing it to his mouth after.

"...huh. ketchup really does make everything better."

maybe someday he'll get through. until then, he reaches for the last of his fries, finishing them off with the help of luxray who still paws at his leg even after.

"i got nothing left, kachow."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 12:48:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

This time, she does roll her eyes, but she also chuckles.
[break][break]
”You’re so weird.”
[break][break]
It’s not a bad thing, not at all, and although Sol may not want to admit it, she is actually enjoying herself quite a lot. Even if he’s stubborn and keeps trying to push her limits.
[break][break]
She eats her fries, watching him interact with the Luxray. It’s cute, even if it definitely explains a thing or two about why Kachow barely listens to his oh-so-stubborn trainer...
[break][break]
”You spoil him too much, you know? Why would he listen to you if he can walk all over you?”
[break][break]
Despite the criticism, she smiles faintly.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:23:44 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]is he weird? maybe. he's never really given it much thought. but even if he is, he doesn't see it as a bad thing either. he simply chuckles at that, nodding in agreement.

"that's okay...as long as my little kachow's happy."

his voice trails into a playful tone near the end as he reaches down to scratch the back of luxray's ear, but really intending to wipe the grease off his fingers on his fur. hehe, sorry, kachow.

peering back up at her, he smiles, asking:

"you ready to get going?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:55:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Little Kachow, huh?”
[break][break]
Most people wouldn’t exactly call the Luxray little, but Sol finds it kind of sweet. If anything, perhaps because it reminds her of her relationship with her own pokémon… Except that, well, hers actually listen to her and are well-trained. It’s close enough, and maybe Kachow also will be one day…
[break][break]
’You ready to get going?’
[break][break]
Oh. Right. She had offered to leave with him, because as mentioned, Kachow definitely wasn’t well trained.
[break][break]
”Yeah, sure. Do you still think he’ll follow me though?”
[break][break]
Uriah and the Luxray seem to be getting along just fine right now, but who knows how long that'll last...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 14:20:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]kachow is very little, thank you very much, or at least he used to be when he was a shinx. but he's still a bit smaller than the usual luxray, if that means anything.

standing, uriah shrugs and turns away.

"let's see. kachow, come."

he takes a few steps away, and unsurprisingly, luxray remains seated next to sol. he sighs, shaking his head before gesturing over.

"well...at least it's not a long walk."

a good twenty minutes at the very least, but hey, at least it's not hot out today!

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 15:29:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol watches him, and with a faint smirk, her attention then turns to Kachow, wiping her hands with a napkin before reaching down to pet the pokémon.
[break][break]
”You really like giving Uriah trouble, don’t you, Kachow?”
[break][break]
How could she not tease him for that? It’s too funny to pass up.
[break][break]
She steps away from the table, and her gaze once again falls on Uriah.
[break][break]
”I hope you know you’ll owe me after all this. Maybe I’ll just make you work extra hard during our next drill to make up for it.”
[break][break]
She’s also teasing with this, obviously… Or is she?
[break][break]
Without bothering to clarify, Sol begins to walk towards the nearest exit.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 16:35:22 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"what do you mean? i already work extra hard, cap."

and with a parting smirk, he follows after her, exiting the oceanic museum that turned out not to be a huge waste of money. he actually had a very pleasant time inside, though it had nothing to do with the exhibits.

uriah leads the way, and after a comfortable thirty minute walk, they arrive at his apartment complex. the elevator takes them up, though not as high up as the penthouse. they can't all be pog bank ceos...

eventually, the door opens, revealing a mess of an apartment. there are no moving boxes anymore, thankfully, but there are still various junk scattered all over the place.

"don't judge. i didn't have time to clean."

he's had plenty of time.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 17:39:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

How the fuck had Uriah managed to get Kachow to the park from his apartment?
[break][break]
The farther they walk, the more Sol convinces herself that the truth is that the Luxray had gone to the park all on his own, and Uriah had followed after him.
[break][break]
It isn’t even far, honestly, but the distance is still significant enough for the possibility of the pokémon getting lost or running off being all too realistic, and that makes her worry. This man really needs to stop “misplacing” his pokéballs.
[break][break]
And he also apparently really needs to clean his apartment…
[break][break]
When she steps in, her gaze wanders over her surroundings, and she’s definitely judging. Maybe he doesn’t get visitors often or something? It would make sense, since he just moved here, but still… who likes to live in filth like this?
[break][break]
Typical man.
[break][break]
”Oh, don’t worry, I’m judging. No wonder you lost Kachow’s pokéball...” Despite her words being honest, there’s a miniscule teasing smirk that comes with them.
[break][break]
Why is she even here though? Her reason to come had been making sure Kachow got home safely, and now that that was done, it’s not like she has any reason to be at Uriah’s apartment, yet here she is regardless.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 18:12:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]kachow ran away and made uriah chase after him...but this bit of information he'll keep to himself, at least for now; possibly forever.

"i didn't lose his pokeball, i simply misplaced it. it's here...somewhere."

likely buried under the mountain of laundry he's yet to do in his bedroom. for obvious reasons, he doesn't head straight for it. instead, he chooses the classier approach of starting the search in the living room, using the opportunity to tidy up a little at the same time.

"feel free to grab yourself a drink. fridge isn't as gross i promise."

still, luxray stays by her side.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 18:47:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Misplaced it, right, my bad.” It’s code for ‘lost’ and they both know it, but Sol doesn’t care enough to insist on that.
[break][break]
’Feel free to grab yourself a drink…’
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
He wants her to stay?
[break][break]
Why does he want her to stay?
[break][break]
She probably shouldn’t, and yet…
[break][break]
”...You sure you don’t want me to help you look?”
[break][break]
If anything, it would probably be for the best to make sure he has the pokéball, if only because Kachow could end up running after her again.
[break][break]
Why does she care anyway?

[BREAK][BREAK]