uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 19:17:33 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"uhh..."

flipping over cushions on the couch to find nothing but dust and an empty bottle of water, he sighs, then looks over his shoulder at her.

"...if you don't mind."

he quickly swipes the bottle onto the carpet, then discreetly rolls it underneath the couch, out of sight.

luxray lingers by the kitchen, watching them with something akin to boredom. the yawn tells them as much.

smiling, uriah glances over at sol again; he catches himself looking over quite a lot, perhaps more often than he should.

"guess i owe you big time after this."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 1:33:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

With a sigh, Sol reaches into her purse to retrieve a black scrunchie, then tying her hair up in a ponytail before once again looking at her surroundings.
[break][break]
Where to even begin?
[break][break]
Where could the pokéball be?
[break][break]
”Do you remember where you last had it?”
[break][break]
He probably doesn’t, so she settles for setting her purse down on a chair and begins to search as well, ignoring whatever junk may be in her way because that’s not her problem and she’s certainly not here to play maid.
[break][break]
Once in a while, she looks at him, and at the comment, she smiles oh so faintly.
[break][break]
”Guess so… You better start thinking of ways to make it up to me."

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 7:28:46 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"somewhere out here, i think."

it doesn't help them that the pokeball's most likely minimized. it could have rolled underneath anything: the tv, the fridge, the couch...

with a grunt, he bends down to peer underneath the couch to find nothing beyond dust, a few candy wrappers, and the empty bottle from just now.

ways of making it up to her...

"hmm...do you drink?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 7:59:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Hadn’t Uriah just moved to Hoenn recently? How is his place so messy already?
[break][break]
Sol chooses not to ask this, focusing her attention on looking behind furniture. There’s so many nooks and crannies the pokéball could have rolled into, and hell, the Luxray himself could have been playing with it and hidden it somewhere. Her own pokémon did that all the time, though definitely not with their pokéballs.
[break][break]
”Are you sure none of your pokémon took it?” She asks while still searching, but she pauses at Uriah’s question, turning to look at him.
[break][break]
Is he asking her out for drinks?
[break][break]
She probably should shut that down before it’s too late, and yet…
[break][break]
”I do. Sometimes. Why?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 8:22:15 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah shakes his head as he flips over a cushion on the ground. he should probably be placing that on the couch but he's stood back up now and he's too lazy to bend back down.

"i only usually have kachow out of his pokeball."

his apartment's small enough as is, but with luxray wandering about it just seems to make the place even smaller.

"there's a nice bar near here so i was going to offer to buy you a few drinks."

he pauses as well, turning to look at her.

"...as two people who work together."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 8:54:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Needless to say, none of this is making a good impression upon Sol.
[break][break]
Not Uriah not being able to properly train his pokémon, not him losing a pokéball, and definitely not how messy his apartment is.
[break][break]
But, it’s also not a particularly bad impression. If anything, it makes her worry for him… as her subordinate, obviously.
[break][break]
If he can lose something as important as a pokéball, then what else can he misplace? If he can’t properly train his pokémon, how in the world would he survive in a battlefield? The mess is just annoying because it’s a mess.
[break][break]
She sighs, brushing away these thoughts.
[break][break]
”You need to be more careful with it, Uriah.”
[break][break]
While reproachful, her tone is calm, and she continues to search when the offer comes.
[break][break]
Two people who work together.
[break][break]
Yes, that’s exactly what they are.
[break][break]
Nothing else but that.
[break][break]
”...Sure. Sounds good.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 9:08:02 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]sure.

it's funny how a single word can bring so much with it. uriah nods, quickly turning away to hide the bright smile that forms at her response.

"cool."

he's owning it now.

after flipping over another pillow in the corner, he finally finds the minimized pokeball. he picks it up as subtly as he can, walks back over to luxray, then boops it against his head to recall the electric-type.

he sighs after, relieved.

"finally."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 9:36:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

She doesn’t see the way he smiles, but if she had, she would have wondered why he’s so happy about something as simple as having a few drinks.
[break][break]
It’s not like she doesn’t often go for drinks with ‘friends’... or more like colleagues, since Sol happens to be rather picky about who she dares call her friend.
[break][break]
Is Uriah one of them?
[break][break]
Perhaps one day, but not yet.
[break][break]
Still, she finds that she’s glad when he’s finally able to call the Luxray back to his pokéball, and a gentle smile tugs at her lips.
[break][break]
”Great, now you better not to lose it again or I'm taking Kachow with me.” She teases, but it's not like she couldn't easily do this...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 9:54:31 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]honestly, sol could probably take kachow with her with ease. he might even be happier with her, but this is a thought uriah quickly pushes away, perhaps not wanting to feel guilty.

"don't you dare take my little kachow away from me."

with a chuckle, he deposits the pokeball safely into his pocket.

and then...it's quiet for a few.

"so...drinks?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 10:27:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol wouldn’t take Kachow, and she feels kind of bad for saying it even if jokingly, because it’s obvious how much Uriah loves the Luxray.
[break][break]
It’s kind of adorable, and it makes her think of her Lycanroc.
[break][break]
”Do a better job and you won’t have to worry about that.” She smirks, regardless of the slight guilt.
[break][break]
And then there’s silence, too many long seconds passing until Uriah asks the inevitable question.
[break][break]
Should she really be doing this?
[break][break]
She already agreed to it…
[break][break]
”Sure, but I hope that by ‘nice bar’ you don’t mean anything too fancy, I fucking hate cocktails.”
[break][break]
She didn't before, but it's been long since she last enjoyed things like those.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 11:12:57 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]giving the messy space around them a sweeping gesture, uriah laughs.

"do i look like the fancy type?"

if it isn't clear: no, he definitely isn't.

he's cheap, messy, and loud at times; which just so happen to be traits of the bar they soon arrive at after a short walk.

the moment he steps in, the burly barkeep behind the counter's calling out to him.

"uri uri! you doin' good?"

"yeah, man! never better."

the two of them share a pound hug, laughing as they quickly exchange small talk that's almost lost under the sound of music from the speakers.

"same shit as usual, then? for you and your uh..."

"yeah, yeah. we'll be over there."

and with a quick gesture, uriah leads them over to a table off to the side of the bar, conveniently next to a beer pong table.

"sorry it's a bit loud. hope you don't mind."

without even having to order, two glasses of beer are floated their way.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 11:46:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Uriah definitely doesn’t seem like the fancy type, and maybe that’s why Sol doesn’t really mind spending time with him.
[break][break]
She will never be the type of person who can easily relax and let loose, but she does like places like this bar, if only because there’s a comfortable familiarity to it all. She has been to a few bars like this one before.
[break][break]
Not with Uriah though. That’s new, and an eyebrow is just so barely raised when the barkeep almost makes implications as to their relationship and Uriah puts no effort into correcting him.
[break][break]
Still, she says nothing, because there’s really no need for her to say anything. Sol’s not an outgoing person, nor does she care for trying to become friends with anyone here...
[break][break]
Except for Uriah, maybe.
[break][break]
Uri.
[break][break]
That’s the first thing she asks about when they’re sitting down, ignoring his comment on how noisy it is at the bar: ”Do all your friends call you Uri?”
[break][break]
Sol doesn’t mind loud places, after all, and it’s with the same calm as usual that she reaches for her glass.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 12:29:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]the noise of the place makes it so he has to lean a little close to even hear her. not that he minds, however.

"most of them, yeah. sometimes it's uri uri cause it sounds catchier."

with a chuckle, he reaches for his glass, raising it towards hers for a quick "cheers," before downing a good third of it.

"fuck that's refreshing."

lowering it back down to the table, he tilts his head to look at her.

"isn't sol short for something too?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 13:06:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

She doesn’t mind him leaning closer, because why would she mind? It’s appreciated with all the noise, and it doesn’t really mean much to her at all.
[break][break]
”Uri uri, huh? That’s kind of cute…” It is, although it’s also kind of childish too, but she chooses to keep that part to herself as she also raises her glass, giving a not all that enthusiastic Cheers.
[break][break]
Sol just isn’t a very enthusiastic person, alright?
[break][break]
And yet, after taking a sip, she smirks at the question.
[break][break]
”It is, but you’d just make a fool of yourself if you tried to pronounce my full name.”
[break][break]
It’s nothing against him, since most people do struggle with even calling her Captain Einarsdóttir, but she long ago learned to accept it and even find the amusement in it.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 13:30:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]cute.

huh, well that's a first. it even makes him blush a little, though he doesn't bother hiding it this time as it could very easily just be confused for the flush of alcohol.

he chuckles, nodding in agreement.

"yep, definitely. why do you think i call you cap all the time?"

another sip brings him closer to the bottom of the glass.

"but try me, captain einarsdaughter."

[attr="class","noodles"]