6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 6:58:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the place never interested kyle until now.

despite being part of the military, kyle wasn't actually big into anything relating to it, besides maybe k9 training. the bigger factor that made him disinterested in military ships was that it was in the middle of the ocean. kyle has seen enough oceans from living in hoenn that he gets sick of it sometimes.

the big change that shifted his interest was its conversion to a pokemon gym. it's been a while since he tested newer gyms. this was going to be nice, he thought to himself.

he turns to the gym leader after taking a glance at the area around him to get a feel of the battlefield when h asked. "how does the challenge start?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 7:43:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Thankfully for both and Temp, this ship was just a research vessel now and I had accidentally bolded the wrong part. Just had to get that extra flavor in.

Temp, himself, stepped out with a wet 'plap plap plap' of fins on his feet, a diving suit on his body and looking just pleased with himself.

"Welcome, welcome! It's, like, super cool to see you again Mr. Champion Dude!" He offered his hand in more a slap than a handshake. He was energetic.

"Well... either go get suited up or grab a spare pokemon that can keep you underwater safely. We're getting wet, my good dude."

Temp went to wait on Kyle to get ready but paused...

"Hey, do you have your dog with you again? Can I pet him when we're done?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:49:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
dog?

he vaguely remembers meeting the new gym leader during the hoenn star tournament, but the event was too hectic for him to remember everything, alongside the fact that he wanted to forget about it entirely. still, if he had to let him pet a dog, it must've been a mightyena.

"i brought a different one," he answers, uncertain which mightyena he let him pet, "but sure."

amid the small talk, kyle tries to think of a second pokemon that could help him underwater. on hindsight, it was a better choice for the gym match, but nothing's fun in a one-sided match.

"er, i have a spare mon but do i have to go to the water? can't i just, like, chill up here?"

swimming was tiring. kyle doesn't like getting tired.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 3:34:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"That's okay! I'm sure any dog loves pets!" His own dogs did. They were scampering around the ship somewhere, being cute, but that was for later. This was fluff. Filler. Post padding. We needed the MEAT of this.

At 's question, Temp let out a laugh and headed for the ladder built into the side of the ship. "Come get in the water, champ! I know you'll probably kick my ass again, but getting to battle you is super cool! It'd mean a lot to me if you were down there, too!" Which, coming from a lot of people, would maybe sound like a guilt trip, but Temp meant it in the nicest and most sincere way. Even if he was a horny idiot, he was a kind horny idiot.

With that in mind, instead of taking the ladder, Temp just leaped off the side of the ship. There was a long pause before he splashed into the water. If Kyle really did decide to follow, he would find Temp puttering on the back of a Relicanth, who was his Diving pokemon. He was already heading under the water, a bubble of air around his head from his pokemon.

Under the water was a coral reef, bright, colorful, and full of life. They wouldn't be too close so the battle would destroy anything, but it was pretty. Once underwater, Temp called out his Sharpedo. She would circle in the water until Kyle or his pokemon were ready to take point.

- lots of fluff lol
- temp sends out Sharpedo
- challenger gets first move
- from now on, roll with every post you make
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 17:56:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's an eye roll, accompanied by a smile that cannot be hidden. this wasn't the first time he got in a battle underwater, but despite fucking melody miro dying, it was pretty fun.

maybe it was because of that that it had a good connotation for kyle.

shrugging, he takes off his shirt and his shoes, down to just his shorts. he leaves a mightyena to guard his belongings. he makes sure his belt safely secures it in place so it won't get taken off during the diving process before taking out two pokeballs.

a dragalge and an eelektross come out.

kyle jumps into the water, performing a cannonball. the eelektross remains by his side when he resurfaces while he has to usher his dragalge to the battlefield. once both sides are ready, kyle utters the first move.

"toxic."

from underwater, the dragalge spews out an inky substance hat jets out of the dragon-type's snout straight to the sharpedo. it clouds up in the water as it goes, but it should be fine since the ocean is filled with poisonous tentacools anyways.

jroVdgDI

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 15:35:13 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp beams when is in the water, too, even if he seemed to be hanging closer to the surface. Surely at some point Temp could convince him to come on down and enjoy the deep water. Surely.

"Crunch!" Was called out, his air bubble and the water making his voice echoey and strange.

The Sharpedo was in action instantly, her weird ass-jet propelling her through the water. She chose to go straight through the cloud of Toxic, jaws wide and teeth shining, to try and chomp down the leafy dragon pokemon. She was probably going to get poisoned anyway and it was best to use that murky cloud her opponent had made to her advantage while she could.

- Sharpedo is poisoned
- Sharpedo used crunch
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 2:54:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was no way they were going to out speed a sharpedo under water. the teeth of the predator makes its mark at the dragon, with bitemarks being left at the dragalge's fin.

"get free. make distance."

instead of blood, it was poison from the pokemon's poison point that oozes out. it attempts to squeeze free from the sharpedo's grip using the poison's poor viscous properties as a lubricant.

as it gets out, it shoots out something more to obscure vision. a cloud of smokescreen, much thicker than the one formed with toxic, was left in a trail as the dragalge leaves. the water becomes murky as vision in the area gets obscured. it doesn't settle easily, leaving behind nothing but black under the waters.

kyle finally goes down, guided by his eelektross. "wow. it's way worse here than above," he mutters, water physics making it difficult to understand his speech.

g8ZZJIu2

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 16:23:04 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
The smoke blinds and the Sharpedo surges forward to try and escape the cloud. Yet, it's not sharp teeth or rough skin that will chase after the Dragalge. Instead a grating Screech, rippling through the water, like sheets of metal grinding together. It gives a moment for the Dragalge to get that distance but since the Sharpedo is still inside the cloud, it's own defense is working, slightly, against it.

Down below, something stirs, awakened by the Screech and the general battle going on above. Unless somehow rolled super low again, it would surface soon, butting in.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 9:41:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the dragalge plays to its strengths. in a way, it has slowly become kyle's favorite dragons with the way it acts in battle, much more so in the environment it's supposed to be in.

water starts to get murky and foggy with the previous moves used by the aquatic leviathan. a screech sends the chills to the dragalge's spine, reinforcing its behavior that's been ingrained with it.

camouflage.

the dragalge decides to instead meld with the environment instead of making distance. the coloration of its body starts to shift in accordance to its surroundings, making it much less easy to spot it. composition of its body changes as well, subtly changing its typing to another.

with the poison ticking, running the time was just as effective as any active effort to win the skirmish.

sHoHIB2L

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 14:57:32 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
What the fuck how are you rolling so consistently low. No super secret surprises this round.

Shooting from the cloud, the Sharpedo sails forward fast and sharp as a bullet. A faint blue glow surrounds her, a Liquidation letting her glide through the water with ease. She tries to slam into the Dragalga; the move is less for damage and more for closing the gap between them.

Below, a single red light flashes, followed by two, then four, until dozens of them flicker in rhythmic patterns.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 15:18:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
smokescreen does its job for both sides, but it's the sharpedo that breaks the monotony by going in. ripples in the water from its charge shift the murky brine that reveals its location, giving the still dragalge a target for its move.

water starts to get murky and foggy with the previous moves used by the aquatic leviathan. a screech sends the chills to the dragalge's spine, reinforcing its behavior that's been ingrained with it.

a sludge bomb forms in the dragalge's mouth, ready to launch it at the incoming sharpedo. he speed at which it was accelerating was unaccounted for, however, and the move would detonate near the dragalge that causes it to be thrown away should it hit.

the poison-type only notices the lights by then, and tries to meld in with its surroundings again with its previous camouflage.

xrI1_pUs

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 4:20:00 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Maybe all those low rolls into a giant one was actually really unlucky.

The Sludge Ball slams into something but it isn't the Sharpedo. The first of many, a Staryu is when ends up slammed with the attack, knocking the pokemon backwards. About that time a few more streak by in the water, Rapid Spinning in the water like ninja stars towards the surface. Sharpedo does not go unscathed, a few of them hitting her. They will, also, strike the Dragalge if it's not careful.

Since got that 96, he gets TWO Interruptions since that made his break the threshold twice in one post! Damn!

While disturbed by the battle made the Staryu freak out and go for the surface, they're not the only thing drawn to them. A swarm of Mantine, one of Staryu's predators, are attracted to the rapid-spinning treats as they go fro the surface. The swarm of manta rays don't seem enthused by the presence of the two trainers of their pokemon. They split off into groups, circling them.

The Mantine are circling the battling pokemon to try and 'intimidate' them. This will make it both harder to hit your opponent and harder to be hit!
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 16:56:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
fortunately for the dragalge, he doesn't need to do much. the timer has already been set and it only will take a while for the effects of toxic to ramp up. the longer the battle gets stalled, the better their position will be.

while the dragalge escapes the barrage of staryu, it disappears once again into the blue waters. camouflaging itself better when the staryu hitting it broke the previous disguise.

the mantine serving as a deterrent, not only from the staryu, but also from the sharpedo, only worked in the poison-type's favor. it doesn't need to do anything for the toxins to do its magic within the sharpedo's systems.

uu272leY

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 14:38:55 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
The food chains grows larger, as a massive shadow passes by underneath.

"Uh-oh."

Temp frantically waves his arm from his side of the field, yelping when it's almost taken off by an angry Mantine. He takes out a pokeball and calls back his Sharpedo, forgetting the battle. But won't get the badge just yet... because a Dhelmise has made itself known. While normally they only hunt for larger prey like Wailord, a hungry one will still feast on Mantine in a pinch.

This mess is compounded by the Staryu now coming back down, slicing through the water. The trainers and any pokemon are also still trapped by the Mantine who hadn't fled.

Kyle has won the battle but the Gym Challenge has changed. New goal: Assist in escape
may release 1 more pokemon that fits the Gym criteria to help
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
battleships [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 7:23:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's one very obscure fact about dhelmise and dragalge that not many trainers know, that both of them surprisingly get along well for some unexplained reason.

heart as cold as snowpoint's temperatures were quickly melted with the power of friendship. pokedex entries kyle doesn't even know about were proven with this phenomenon when kyle's pokemon just walks over and quickly befriends the giant anchor.

it floats above the water flat-side up when kyle's dragalge guides it there, shielding those underneath from the rain of staryu, making nice little clinks when they land on the metallic parts of the dhelmise.

kyle's eelektross releases its electricity around it, scaring the mantine away had the dhelmise hadn't yet, to make way for the gym leader to take cover under the dhelmise.