doggy hunt
retrieval of the retrievers!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]@ open!
[attr="class","bang"]theme
[attr="class","bang"]canine chase!

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
Sootopolis has been taken over by Rockets - That statement sits so heavy on her chest that just trying to process it gives her a far share of headaches. All she sees are League dissenters and the unfortunate who are trapped in this situation, whether by connections to this land or by promises made to their families. All she sees are people trying to rebuild their homes from ruins in the aftermath of both League personnel and Rocket members going wild. And it is by family tradition that they will not stand by when others require assistance.

Having delivered the final bouquets of flowers to the bereaved and the grieving, Lumia scrolls through the list of requests she's gotten from visitors to her shop - Sootopolis citizens who often order from her store or are directed to the businesses who are still willing to provide their services to them; Each group leaves her with requests that she simply can't refuse. But she can't complete all of them in a day, she'll definitely be making more trips to the city with the numerous orders of flowers still flooding in.

If were to visit her store at this very moment, he'd find a note left upon the counter, guarded by a feisty Noibat and a tired Axew - Out for deliveries and requests in Sootopolis, will be back soon. She only hopes that he won't ever get to see it.

"So we better move quick, Ren. There's a whole bunch of dogs that need to be returned to their families." Her hand settles upon her carrier bag, slung across her shoulder to ensure that it can't be snatched. Her Dragapult merely sighs, uncertain of whether this is a good idea but more than ready to render assistance should danger arise. "So we've got a Lilpup, a Furfrou and a missing Poocheyena? Can't be that bad, can it?"

Hopefully not.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kitt

Todd (often), El (close friends)
He/him
October 5
Wedgehurst, Galar
Scientific (Freelance) Photographer
Civilian
0 height
0 height
shake it like a polaroid picture
awards
11 posts
elerlay todd DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @todd
elerlay todd
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:34:33 GMT
elerlay todd Avatar
Sootopolis has been taken by team rocket. Here they were again, with team rocket rearing it's ugly head. His mom had urged him to stay away from the city but he couldn’t always help where work took him - never mind that he accepted the client voluntarily. So here he was, lurking through the alleyways to find… something. A rather interesting client had approached him earlier this week and asked him to ”just have a look around and bring me pictures of anything juicy.” If the offer hadn’t been right, he would have turned the client away. He freelanced when he needed to but journalism wasn’t exactly his forté. If he was honest with himself, he might admit he was out of his depth. But honesty wasn’t with him tonight.

Elerlay adjusted his bag on his shoulders and clicked through his camera settings to double check they were set for low-light. The soft hum of a feminine voice drew his attention down the alleyway. He creeped his way to the end of the alley just in time to hear something about a missing poochyena and his brow quirked. Could this be … “juicy”?

He decided to see where this might take him and settled back into the alley a little, trying to discretely maintain sight of the girl and her partner.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 16:42:31 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
doggy hunt
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]

The longer they spend wandering through the streets, the antsier Ren seems to get. They have no clues as to where these lost puppies are and he can't help but feel unnerved by the strangers that watch them pass by. This is Rocket territory. This is a dangerous place to anyone associated with the League should members of Rocket know that they're there.

"Relax. No one knows." Even if she can't quite put up a fight, Lumia knows that she doesn't really need to. Or rather, she naturally assumes that she doesn't need to. Despite her blood ties to , barely anyone knows that they're cousins. Part of it can probably be attributed to how tight-lipped he's been about her existence. After all, who would assume a dull, simple child like her to be related to a notable Head Ranger and the avatar of Articuno itself?

If anything, even she had been caught off guard when he admitted to it. She had simply assumed it was some kind of inside joke within the ranks of the League and brushed it off. Now that she thinks back on it, Lumia feels like she should have caught onto it sooner.

A gentle nudge against her shoulders is a rare but welcomed gesture from the Dragapult, a strange crooning indicative of how seldom he shows affection. "I'm fine." Patting his head, Lumia pulls herself back together. "Let's just... focus on rounding them up, okay? Lars... we'll worry about him later."

Barks catch her attention, intertwined with tiny growls as they echo down the alleyways. Perking up, the girl starts running in the direction of the sound, faith breathed into her steps as she dismisses her worries to the winds. For now, getting these lost pokemon back to their owners is her main priority.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kitt

He/him
October 5
Wedgehurst, Galar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
elerlay todd DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @todd
elerlay todd
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 2:59:16 GMT
elerlay todd Avatar
Elerlay's specialty was not tailing people. He lurked some distance behind the girl and her Dragapult. He was trying, and likely failing since he paused to snap a picture here and there, to appear as though he had somewhere to be. Despite his focused attention, he couldn't help but notice some weary gazes as he and his mark passed others on the street -- he wasn't sure who was catching so many looks, him or the girl. But he hurried past regardless, reminding himself he "had somewhere to be" and he better look it.

The trio followed the streets until Elerlay wasn't really quite sure where he was anymore. Not that he was too familiar with Sootopolis to begin with. He wondered if he'd be able to ask for directions if he needed to. Team rocket's occupation didn't mean that everyone turned into some sketchy criminal, right? Still, something told him it wouldn't be wise to ask.

He'd started mentally retracing his path when the girl he was following bolted. Panic spiked through his veins -- although he wasn't sure why -- and he too took off towards the same alley that the girl was headed for. As he neared, the barking and growling drew his attention from the girl to further into the alleyway. That was, until he rushed right up to the girl - unaware that he'd managed to outpace her. He slid to a stop just before running over her and her pokemon. "Oh, my, sorry. Uhm, I… didn't see you there..." Quick thinking wasn't really Elerlay's specialty either.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 17:00:34 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
doggy hunt
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]

Unlike his air-headed trainer, Ren is a rather attentive and cautious Dragapult. When she believes that nothing can go wrong, he will do everything in his power to keep her beliefs strong, even if it means parting ways from her or acting on his own for a brief moment. He spies the stranger following them almost instantly, his eyes narrowing as he watches them around every corner. Danger? A member of Rocket? Whatever he claims to be, he's not shaking the label of suspicious that easily.

At least, until the stranger catches up to them by mistake. It is then that Ren knows he's dealing with an amateur. Curling around Lumia's neck like a strange scarf, the Dragapult growls lightly at their presence, awaiting an explanation despite the look of dismay that his trainer gives him.

"Don't be rude to others, Ren... It was just an accident."

Oh, the unbelievably empty-headed girl she was. Ren grunts but doesn't quite make any apologetic gestures, turning his snout up even when she sighs.

"Sorry, he's a bit of a grumpy boy. We've been looking for a few lost dogs in the area... have you seen any?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Kitt

He/him
October 5
Wedgehurst, Galar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
elerlay todd DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @todd
elerlay todd
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 1:08:49 GMT
elerlay todd Avatar

Anima

It was fair - the Dragapult's assessment that was. Elerlay could have felt the scorn from a mile away. He smiled warily at the girl. How did he blow his cover so badly and she seemed none the wiser. Or.. maybe, his cover up wasn't that bad? It's not like he had been overtly sneaking around. He literally ran right up to her. But then again.. he literally ran right up to her.

He had to let it go. "Lost dogs? Hmm." he scratched his head - trying too hard to seem like he hadn't heard anything about any Lost dogs. "I mean," He motioned further towards the alleyway "I can hear some dogs..but I don't know of any lost ones myself" Somewhere in the back of his mind he could hear how unconvincing he was and it was slowly registering how suspicious that might be. "Do you want some help?" he shifted his hand towards his pokeballs. Surely, he was far less suspicious now, right?

He pressed the release on Anima's pokeball and the Vibrava sprung out. She immediately took to flitting curiously around Elerlay and the girl. Eyeing them both until the Dragapult caught her attention.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 9:36:01 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
doggy hunt
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

He tenses at the sight of fingers flicking towards pokeballs, the stranger earning himself a harsh growl from the rattled Dragapult. But before he can leap at him to eliminate all signs of potential danger, Ren finds himself restrained by a hand upon his head, a concerned look from his trainer forcing him to take a deep breath.

"I'd appreciate the help, really!" The sooner she finds those dogs, the quicker she leaves this place behind. "I'm looking for these pups so I can get them home and all... and that's one of them right there!" Shoving the pictures into the other's hands, Lumia's whistling for the Furfrou, carefully waving a snack in hand. It stops in its tracks, eyes widening as it looks at the food then the duo and back again.

"Cmon boy, your family's waiting for you at home." She kneels as the dog cautiously approaches, the scent of dirt and ash smeared all over its matted coat. The battle that had talked about must have been worse than he'd bothered to let on. Nevertheless, she had grilled him sufficiently that night and she could grill him again another time. Once the Furfrou takes the snack from hand, Lumia gives it a bit of time to chew before holding out a bottle of water and slowly pouring the liquid out for it to drink.

"Must've been rough, huh? I have more snacks if you want them..."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Kitt

He/him
October 5
Wedgehurst, Galar
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
elerlay todd DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @todd
elerlay todd
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 1:36:44 GMT
elerlay todd Avatar

Anima

Elerlay had barely had enough time to glance at the pictures before they were being shoved in to his hands. He fumbled with them as the girl attempted to lure in the pokemon with treats.

He took a moment to gather the pictures - Anima hovering over his shoulder as he flipped through them. That's right, she had mentioned a few pokemon before hadn't she? He didn't have long, though, as the sound of Anima buzzing past his ear drew his attention to another pokemon - a little poochyena huddled just past the Froufrou. "I think we have another over here."

He shuffled past Lumia and towards Anima as she circled the poochyena. He didn't have any treats to lure it with but if he could just get past it and heard it back towards the girl, she might be able to get both pokemon.

The Poochyena eyed him suspiciously before it's attention snapped back to the Vibrava. It gave a growl and snapped at Anima - who drifted just outside of it's reach. It was just enough distraction for Elerlay to get behind the pokemon. He edged closer as the Pokemon's attention shot between him and the Vibrava. "It's ok little guy." He tried to sound reassuring but it was clear he wasn't comforting the pokemon in the least.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Retriever || M
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 13:47:09 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
doggy hunt
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Unlike people, animals are much quicker to express their emotions through actions and sounds. Pure instincts guide the Poochyena into snapping at the Vibrava, a sight which Lumia catches just as she pats the Furfrou. When she gives Ren a small tilt of her head, the Dragapult sighs, taking a snack from his pouch and floating over to the unnamed duo.

Gently slinking himself around the man's shoulders, the dragon shakes the treat before his very eyes, prompting him to take hold of it. As soon as he does, Ren is gone once more, sticking his head through nearby walls to try and catch a glimpse of the last dog. Perhaps, the Poochyena knows where the last missing dog might be? After all, there had never been a time where he'd seen the older dog without the pup in tow...

Not wishing to scare the Poochyena with her approach, Lumia waits patiently, allowing the Furfrou to familiarise itself with her scent.

"So uhm... you never told me your name, and I roped you into this... I'm Lumia! And that Dragapult over there is Ren. W- What's your name?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW