part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 1:48:13 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar

[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Just outside the adorably quaint town of Oldale, a pack of Mightyena has been running around, terrorizing not only their livestock, but also pissing all over their prized flowers and killing them. Naturally, the people of the town are upset. There’s a great debate between the people. Fight them off and let them do their wild dog thing, or catch and relocate them.

Ultimately, the later won.

Toni is quick to ‘volunteer’ for the job. Whenever she could openly poach some pokemon with little suspicion she’s on it. The Houndour at her feet sniffs the air carefully, using ODOR SLEUTH to catch on to the pack’s scent. Hungry brown eyes peer out at the large stretch of grassy field lined by forest from behind dark sunglasses. A small flock of Mareep graze peacefully, “We’re close,” she smiles in delight, a satisfied grin tugging at the corner of her pink lips.

As long as there were no interruptions, things should go quite smoothly.

@open

MISSION

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".toni"]--accent:#B87CFA; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote b, .toni blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".toni .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #B87CFA; [/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

rey
he/him/his
27 years old
november 8
saffron city
heterosexual
grunt
tell me; are you going to bark or bite?
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @reyes
reyes de la fuente
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 3:41:27 GMT
reyes de la fuente Avatar
lucky for the woman, Reyes did not care. he could stop her if he knew, but would he? not really. and was she going to tell him? probably not. either way, the job promised pay. he was there for it. time to make a new start in Hoenn with this sort of thing. no shortage of jobs were being handed out anyway. he'd take what he could get.

he spots the 'partner' for the job. always assume League was a lingering thought. he knew this from back in Kanto. assume they were the enemy, be pleasant and kill them with kindness. wait for them to stab you in the back but take that blade and stab it in their heart before it could happen. "hello" Reyes would say quietly, for she seemed to be scouting.

"you're here about the pack?" he would pause before speaking again "they sent me to assist you. my name is Reyes. a pleasure."

1/5
close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
whatever she's feelin' like
Poacher
Boss Bitch
I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 4:10:20 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Unfortunately, Hoenn seems to be a land of interruptions. Toni pauses as the quiet growl from the Houndour’s throat catches her attention. The pup is the first to notice Reyes’s approach. She’s already half turned towards him as he approaches.

There’s a moment of silence after her speaks. A single finger pulls the sunglasses down the bridge of her nose, letting sharp brown eyes slowly trace the ‘partner’ up and down. She isn’t one to hide her judgement. The neutral expression doesn’t give much away. She’s indifferent at his appearance which is better than unimpressed or repelled, “Toni, nice to meet you,” is all she responds, reluctantly accepting a partner.

In a quick motion, the sunglasses are pushed up and she turns back towards the field, crouching beside the dark-type, “Houndour has tracked them here. I think they’re beyond the tree line there,” a hand motions out across the field. Between them and the tree line is the flock of Mareep. Hunters could be so predictable sometimes.

She stands, cocking her head to glance towards Reyes, “What pokemon do you have with you?”

[newclass=".toni"]--accent:#B87CFA; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote b, .toni blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".toni .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #B87CFA; [/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

rey
he/him/his
27 years old
november 8
saffron city
heterosexual
grunt
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @reyes
reyes de la fuente
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 18:21:18 GMT
toni. a name at least, despite her indifference toward him. this was fine. Reyes was not here to make friends. "A Charizard" he remarks to her, pulling out a Pokeball "and him." he tosses it, releasing a Zangoose. as a natural hunter of predators, Zangoose was much better than a very loud and dramatic lizard of fire. he didn't know Toni's goals here, nor her plan.

Zangoose stood ready to assist, however.

"what do you want to do?" Reyes would ask her directly. they could surprise the pack, but no doubt they were aware of the humans and their partners already. they could bring the fight to the Mightyena in a violent flurry. they could use the Mareep as bait. so many possibilities. he was just here to get paid.

2/5

close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
whatever she's feelin' like
Poacher
Boss Bitch
I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 18:56:36 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The release of the Zangoose undoubtedly caught her attention. A predator that hunted predators – just like her. A smile curls across her lips at the sight of the pokemon. She can’t help but admire it’s unique features that made it a worthy hunter, “Very nice,” she compliments. Along with the smile, it shows the neutrality has shifted to approval . . . for now.

“We hunt them” she says simply, casting her gaze back over the open field towards the trees, “They aren’t use to being hunted, especially not here,” Oldale is a quiet, simple town. They made their home here because there is little threat to them and plenty to eat. The pokemon that surround the small village aren’t typically overtly aggressive. It’s an easy place to make home for a pack of wolves.

An arm curves in a circles, indicating a wide path around the flock, “We need to get downwind, like they are,” The Mightyena are undoubtedly getting ready to hunt the Mareep, “Flush them into a trap, perhaps, she taps her chin, “A set of Electrowebs might do the trick,” her gaze turns back towards Reyes. She may as well use him if he’s here anyway, “Think you can handle the flushing while I set the traps?” Perhaps his Charizard will come in handy.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

rey
he/him/his
27 years old
november 8
saffron city
heterosexual
grunt
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @reyes
reyes de la fuente
Woof [m|o]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 0:02:22 GMT
hunt them. "very well" he was used to receiving orders, so made no comment about the tactics. he didn't care how they did it - as long as it was done. his golden eyes shift to the Zangoose "hunt" the man commanded and the predator would take off, out of sight. the Pokemon had listened to Toni's words and would attempt to go downwind, circling the pack from a distance "I'll manage."

he too begins to move away. Reyes would pluck the Charizard's Pokeball from his waist, pondering. Zangoose's presence seems to unnerve the pack of Mightyena and they move away, further toward the Mareep. Toni was right; they weren't used to being stalked. they were alpha but also a potential omega to the right hunters. but if they didn't fall in the trap -

it'd be much more difficult to round up a pack between two humans and their Pokemon. especially when they all split.

3/5