thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 14:40:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]at that, theo chuckles, dismissing it with a shrug of his shoulder.

"it's overrated."

he's come to learn that he'd much rather feel something, anything, than to not feel at all. he has a few to thank for pulling him out of the depths: , , .

and even to an extent, .

"fuck feeling nothing. hold onto that rage, saoirse, and use it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 14:56:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Use it.

Did he really not intend to kill her after that?

She felt almost hysterical—even laughed lightly as she sipped her drink once more.

“I hate that name.”

Her head reclined back and she stared at the ceiling, just like she had on her back after he’d tossed her down at the training facility earlier, only this time, smoke rolled up from her lips in a long breath.

“I’ve seen his nightmares. I’m going to make them come true.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 15:06:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's rare for both of them to be chuckling like this; he finds that he doesn't particularly mind it. it's a nice respite from their usual bouts of one-sided rage. no chairs are being thrown just yet.

"what name do you prefer?"

his finger taps, scattering ash to the floor.

"tell me one of them."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 15:14:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her head rolled back again at his question, just in time to watch him ash his cigarette on the floor. Was this a power move? Perhaps. She said nothing, not feeling at that moment that she was in any position to do so.

“Lulu.”

Silph’s nightmares…

The falling of Hoenn. An Ultra Beast invasion they wouldn’t win. The death of time itself.

Presumably, in turn, the end of the world as they knew itto become one where a man who felt himself to be at the helm of all would finally crumble, helpless, and without followers, no matter how many gods he collected to hide behind.

If she couldn’t end him alone, she would end everything.

“A takeover. Ours. One where he was defenseless, and all his forces had left him, and Tapu Fini was stripped away…” She blew smoke again, trailing off. Best not to say too much, maybe. “He’s scared of us. He thinks we’re fools, but the fear is there. The League is weak. I saw it.”

It was Fernando’s worst case scenario, but fears didn’t come out of nowhere. There had to be a reason for such insecurities.

“He’s scared they’ll turn their backs on him.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 16:15:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]oh. there's an ashtray. after another inhale, he reaches towards it to scatter ash properly this time.

"we were fools once. but not anymore."

sootopolis may seem insignificant to some but it's precisely what this iteration of rocket needed. with a foothold in the region, the next logical move is to take all the islands, then move inland.

but that is a discussion for some other time and place.

"our nightmares and fears are often born from our insecurities. if he has such a fear, then i'm sure there is something there; you simply have to find it."

"crush him, lulu."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 16:38:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She nodded, quiet at first.

For so long, even while always moving straight forward, she’d somehow felt directionless. Right when she’d finally started to home in on some kind of dream—to make everything right, perhaps not unlike Silph himself—she’d been rerouted.

At least now, she had an even clearer sense of purpose.

Who was she to try and save the world?

She was better equipped to tear things apart.

“It’s all I want.”

Obsession had indeed been seeded, but it had not been in the way that had intended.

Perhaps the dreams would return, some day. The progress of her inventions would not be halted. In her theories, two wildly different outcomes still lied at the far end of the same path she'd been heading down. She’d intended to pull at the fabric of their reality for some time—only now, within her angry heart, vengefulness had overtaken her  remorse by a landslide.

“I will.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:02:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]fuck the world. it has been nothing but cruel to people like them. they owe it nothing; in fact, it owes them plenty, and he'll come to collect someday.

"good."

for now, the most he can do is offer her a nod.

"i'm here to help should you need it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:27:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Good.

She felt the sudden heat of the cigarette as it burned down too close to the filter, and winced, then stamping it out in the tray and coughing lightly.

With her mug emptied, she went to pour more, topping his off as well as she did so.

Still vacant of trust, she wondered aloud, “Why?”

There were so many reasons she could think of why not to. For starters, she hadn't exactly been very nice to him.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:43:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]why? he thinks for a moment, sipping the refilled mug.

no, she hasn't been particularly nice to him. in fact, she's been just about the opposite of nice. somewhere in his fishie store his finneon still swims, yet to see the light of day.

regardless, he settles on an answer.

"no one should have to go through what you did."

what's left of the cigarette is extinguished in the ashtray.

"but it isn't pity, if that's what you're wondering."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 18:12:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
His assurance felt more and more genuine with each word, but her defenses were as steely as ever. How could someone like Theo Beckett possibly care about what other people went through?

With her tears from minutes before dried, she sat up straighter.

“Good,” she echoed.

Lulu didn’t want pity, and she didn’t want anyone to see her break—not like this. This was a rare moment, reached only because, for some reason, she’d felt a need to justify her violence. Others were only allowed to see these emotions when they burned through fists, and through the rest of her body, wordlessly.

This was weakness. This was ugly, and unacceptable.

She sighed, heavy, feeling defeated again.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry for throwing your fish.

“…”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 18:21:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]good.

a soft chuckle escapes him.

there is no need for an apology, and he's rather glad at the silence that falls over them. it's comforting in a way he can't quite place.

the only disturbance is the sip he takes, followed by gratitude that he feels the need to express.

"thank you, lulu."

it's a faint smile he offers her.

"for sharing."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 18:32:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Terrifying.

“Mm.”

Her lips gave a pressed smile back, and she raised her mug weakly.

“Cheers.”

Half of the booze contained within the atom-printed mug was dumped down her gullet again. Clearly, Lulu would not be getting back to work that day. The lighthouse beckoned, along with the false sense of security it provided her with.

Maybe she'd go cry some more in the bunker.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 19:16:34 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]midway through his sip, he realizes how she isn't sipping at all, and in turn tips the mug back to swallow down all that's left of his drink, too.

he sets it back down onto her desk, mug now empty.

"not a huge fan of tequila."

chuckling, he clears his throat, still feeling the burn.

"pick whiskey next time."

next time.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
comedown horizon
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 5:54:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: