part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 21:02:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

SELF INFLICTED SELF DIAGNOSED

A HOUSE VISIT IS PUTTING IT LIGHTLY. Fernando has neither the time nor means to make a detour to his physician of choice. The numerous doctors under Silph Co. payroll remain under his beck and call. It’s an exchange of convenience. The more difficult his request the more secure their job. A small price to pay for stability.

Fernando remains naked in the hotsprings. This time, he purchases a private bath, a sharp correction after being intruded on by his fellow hotel guests.

His upper chest remains unsubmerged, dominant arm laid out over the stone rim. He leaves it untense as the steam soaks him in perspiration.

Here and here,” he outlines with his other hand, tracing the invisible perimeter of ’s grafting. Having long recovered since their operation, only a phantom pain remains. Her purpose here is two-fold: prove that no one can discover it and test her diagnosis.

Her realm is science and observation. So was his, once upon a time. Now he looks toward magic and deceit. Her failure will be his success.

5zMisbqi

HEAT POINTS: 934

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 21:58:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Being called in to help her most senior boss wasn't something that Eden had been expecting today, but she wasn't one to refuse when the person who had graciously given her a job after all the... issues surrounding her family, called.

But why did he have to be naked? Eden raises an eyebrow and tilts her head, taking note that her boyfriend @augustus 's body looked better in terms of physique, anyway. So it wasn't distracting to her in the least.

"What do you mean, here and here?" Eden sits beside him, kneeling close enough that she can see his arm, but not the rest of his body submerged in the pool. "Where these grafts are? What's the issue? Pain?" She touches the tissues delicately and narrows her eyes, feeling some of her hair lightly graze her brows.

iVBiibvF
Heat points: 918
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 22:07:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

"PAIN."

A simple answer that provides little insight despite ringing true. His eyes climb from his arm to a slow incline toward her face. He looks for her reaction, creating his own perception of her understanding.

His arm remains still under her touch. Nothing seems out of place. If not for his call to his attention, the flesh looks the same. There’s a notable scar a few inches closer to his shoulder but that’s withered with age. A slight pink tenderness traces the lining of ’s scalpel.

What is it?

n6_X1|aW

HEAT POINTS: 919

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 22:15:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hm." Eden shrugs a bit and scrunches up her nose. "Well, other than this grafted skin, I can't see anything on the outside that could be causing you pain... It could be deep in the muscle. Can you describe the pain? Gnawing, sharp, burning?"

She twists his arm to have a better look, checking the range of motion. "When does it hurt the most?" She quirks an eyebrow, squeezing the muscle gently. Nothing feels out of place, either.

RHKbKaDT
Heat points: 833
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 22:25:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

GOOD. Her analysis is on point and reinforces what he had hoped. Without further incision, no one can tell what it truly is. That gives him hope, if only on the surface.

Squirming?

There is hesitance in his voice. As if he’s not sure that word encapsulates the true phenomenon.

Spasming,” he corrects.

He tenses at her touch. Just slightly but it comes with movement. She can twist him to a degree but nothing else comes out of place. Green veins peak out from underneath but that’s because of his overall paleness. Almost blends in with the opaqueness of the steam.

DGH9NHmm

HEAT POINTS: 857

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 22:34:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eden blinks and narrows her eyes at the colour of his veins, but swallows and chalks it up to the way that the steam is ghosting over his arm. "Squirming. Spasming." Eden says gently, frowning at him.

"Like something is... in there?" She asks quietly, licking her lips. "Could be a parasite. Do you want me to do some tests and see?" She asks, scooting closer to the water as she lets go of his arm and digs through her medical bag. "We'd probably need to get you in for an MRI, if it is parasites. Make sure they haven't travelled to your brain."

2V0Kbqb9
Heat points: 829
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 22:40:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

“NOT QUITE.”

Fernando lets the answer sit on the tip of his tongue. Contemplating. Putting considerate thought in an effort to fortify her assessment. It’s a form of gaslighting but one wielded by someone who has no qualms with using others as a foundation for his own success.

“More like a cramp, if that makes sense.

Her hypothesis of parasites is met with a sudden spurt of MISTY TERRAIN from his nostrils. A single exhale is all he needs to give life to the second hand.

Doubt it’s another living being. Parasites isn’t an issue Tapu Fini would allow to happen.

|1jcq96k

HEAT POINTS: 846

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:00:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As he mentions his avatar, Eden curls her fingers around his shoulders, feeling if there's any change in the muscle texture farther up his arm. "Well, I suppose that makes sense." Eden says, although she's not exactly sure how it all works. Just that people have been selected by legendary pokemon for some... purpose.

She sighs through her nose and waves her hand at the steam, thinking for a moment. "Well, Mr. Silph." She clears her throat. "What exactly would you like me to do for you? I can prescibe some pain killers, I can run some tests. But unless I know what exactly is happening, I can't really treat you to the best of my ability." She swings her legs around to pull out her tablet, writing down some information in his file.

"I can also write you a prescription to see a physical therapist, they may be able to dry-needle you arm, and get the muscles all working in tandem again." She suggests.

uvUwHjKe
Heat points: 824
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:12:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

“YOUR OPINION SUFFICES.”

He leans into her touch. Gives her more area to work with without having to extend herself past the pool’s edge. He his away, exposing his neck and the curve of his shoulder blade.

From there, we can explore further action. I’ll be back in Slateport in a week or so.

His words carry out their next course of action. Once she deems a possible solution, they can tackle them as he sees fit. This visit was never meant to fix everything, just a diagnosis, or prognosis should she be able to identify the cause.

Did you have a recommendation for a therapist?

zQdumNOy

HEAT POINTS: 787

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:26:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eden nods, her hands stilling on his arm, before lifting away again to make more notes on her tablet. "I have a few. I'll send them to your email, after this session." She nods and licks her lips.

"Why do you have it so hot in here?" She asks, tapping her tablet pen against her cheek. "Is it helping with the pain? That might help narrow down what's being affected in your arm..." Eden thinks about it - all the things that could be happening. "And if not, have you tried cold compresses?"

kG9vrS_Z
Heat points: 745
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:39:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

“FIGHT SUMMER HEAT WITH MORE HEAT,” he parrots nonchalantly. It’s on the banner in the hotel lobby as well as their signature motto. Truthfully, Fernando doesn’t know better. His preference for the heat is independent of recent events. The fact that it doubles for his ulterior purpose is just an extra topping on the celebratory cake.

At first, I did.” Didn’t help. Just numbed the flesh around it but never the spot itself. He omits that detail in lieu of a partial truth.

But didn’t really help. I’ll try it again during my massage then.

whst|Zi0

HEAT POINTS: 746

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:52:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hm." Eden wrinkles her nose and nods again, tap-tapping away on her tablet as she thinks for a moment. "And no other symptoms other than the creepy-crawlies and general discomfort?" She asks, looking sideways to glance at his face. "Trouble sleeping, dry mouth, irregular bowel movements?" She shrugs, thinking about all the things she could ask to rule out a parasite for sure.

After all, those things loved to get into your guts and wreak havoc.

o4Uhfh|U
Heat points: 737
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 2:44:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

“NOTHING THAT COMES TO MIND.”

Mulling about only pulls so much. There are plenty of symptoms, sure, but none he can confess without giving it away. Profusely bleeding. Phantom pains. All sharp derivatives from their experiment gone awry.

But I’ll update you accordingly as it progresses. Or if I remember anything else.

comes to mind. He’s not sure why but he knows to cover his bases. As they diverge down opposing paths so too must be cleanse himself of their association. Throwing her under the bus becomes a necessary detail.

One that only holds merit if he leaves bread crumbs well before the reveal.

Actually, doctor, I’ve been having nightmares lately. They’re more vivid than my usual dreams. But they predate the cramps.

lVa5POjr

HEAT POINTS: 649

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:46:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eden arches an eyebrow, watching him as he pauses and thinks of something to tell her.

"Oh?" She pushes away from the side of the baths to walk around, holding her tablet. "What are they about?" She asks, pushing the end of her pen into her cheek, into the little dimple that sits on the right side of her smile. "Are they related to your pains?" Her head turns as she paces, waiting to write down what he describes.

IEeFsdSV
Heat points: 702
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROGNOSIS (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 10:33:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PROGNOSIS

DOES HE DARE GO INTO DETAIL. Heavens no. Not with the truth. But there are snippets he can reveal that remain consistent with the narrative he so desperately wants to create. Seating it in something he can remember consistently is what weaves the perfect lie.

Dubious but possible. I don’t remember most of them; they’re blurry. Like scattered memories.

His tongue flickers over his teeth as he sinks an inch deeper into the water.

But all of them dark. Sometimes there’s people. Sometimes a scenario plays out. But it’s also from my perspective and shrouded in shadows.

uy7VDmUr

HEAT POINTS: 586