part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 10:48:22 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars really wants to protest. He wants to tell Cian he’s not considering things properly, that he doesn’t understand how dangerous it all actually is, and even that he deserves much better than this. But…
[break][break]
Cian’s right, and Mars knows it.
[break][break]
He can take care of himself.
[break][break]
He can make his own choices.
[break][break]
Mars told him the truth, he explained the dangers, and yet, despite all that, Cian’s still here with him. Looking at him. Smiling.
[break][break]
It makes his heart ache, and despite all his worries, it makes him happy.
[break][break]
He smiles as well.
[break][break]
”Fuck… Okay, yeah…”
[break][break]
As per usual, Cian seems to be the only person capable of making Mars struggle for words, but honestly, he doesn't mind this at all.
[break][break]
”If that’s what you want.”
[break][break]
Is that what he wants? Mars has to make sure.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
EWr_YZKb
[break][break]
140/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #43A78C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #43A78C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #43A78C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 11:44:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]is that what cian wants?

nothing has brought him more happiness recently than mars; not battling, not running, and certainly not his family. so what's holding him back?

mars had been honest with him, so it's only fair for him to be the same.

after a breath, cian starts:

"i was in love with this girl once, back when i was still in school. i honestly thought i'd end up growing old with them, you know? settle down and have a family and all that."

he clears his throat, swallowing.

"...but she cheated on me."

even now, it hurts, and it likely always will.

"so i'm scared, mars, of this."

of not being enough.

[attr="class","noodles"]47usdelC

114/1000

[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:34:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cian’s more than just enough.
[break][break]
But, of course, Mars is not privy to his thoughts.
[break][break]
What he is privy to is what Cian is willing to tell him, and he quietly listens to every word.
[break][break]
Honestly, it upsets him, because who the hell would cheat on someone like Cian? Mars has always been intolerant with things like those, and to think it happened to someone he cares for this much...
[break][break]
”I’m sorry that happened, Cian. You didn’t deserve it.”
[break][break]
He really didn’t, and even if Mars has never experienced anything like it, he can understand the insecurities that must bloom from that sort of betrayal. Of course Cian is worried. Of course Cian is scared.
[break][break]
Gently, Mars squeezes his hand, a thumb slowly tracing circles on its back.
[break][break]
”Do you think I’d cheat on you?”
[break][break]
It’s a painful question to ask, but it does have to be asked.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
ARwVIfbs
[break][break]
95/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 13:17:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]no one deserves that, and yet it's almost too easy to fall into the same pit each time it appears in front of him. he basically steps in himself at this point.

mars' question presents another one. he lingers by the edge of it, thinking, debating, and after a moment, he breaks the silence once again with a simple question.

it escapes broken.

"what if i'm not enough for you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]wzuVfNME

95/1000

[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 13:46:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It hurts.
[break][break]
It hurts to know Cian feels this way, that these are his worries, and that he really thinks he might not be enough and that Mars would turn to someone else because of that. And yet, it doesn’t hurt because he’s offended at the implication or because he feels as if Cian doesn’t trust him. It hurts because Cian is the most amazing person he knows, and he really wishes he’d see how unjustified his insecurities are...
[break][break]
”Cian.”
[break][break]
His smile is as gentle as the sound of his voice, Cian's name quietly spoken between them and meant to call to his attention.
[break][break]
”You’re more than enough.”
[break][break]
He could leave it at that, but he doesn’t. He cups Cian’s cheeks in his hands, looking at him in the eyes.
[break][break]
I adore you, and I can’t tell you what things will be like in future, as much as I wish I could, but I can tell you this much… If things were to ever change, if this were to turn into something we don’t like, I would talk to you, and I trust you would talk to me.”
[break][break]
Being honest is not something Mars often does. It doesn’t come easily, because he has learned the importance of keeping the truth from the people in his life. But, he does want to be honest with Cian…
[break][break]
”And, come on, really? Why would I ever want to be with anyone else if I have you?”
[break][break]
These words are said with a grin, and they’re also the truth.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
Td0eMu50
[break][break]
9/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:21:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]you're more than enough.

maybe he'll believe those words someday. they do their best to reassure him now, and for the most part, they do enough.

his cheeks are cupped as he looks mars in the eyes. mars always has a way of pulling him back in, of grounding him. for that, cian is truly grateful.

his lips break into a thin smile.

"you're right."

and at mars' grin, it quickly follows suit.

"so i guess we're both off the market now, huh?"

[attr="class","noodles"]7cceSG9q

27/1000

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:43:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’You’re right.’
[break][break]
Mars has his own worries, and he has his own fears, and all this serves as a reminder of why he needs to put an end to the things his family does. A reminder of why he came to Hoenn, a reminder of why he joined Team Rocket, and reminder of why he does everything he does.
[break][break]
He had never expected he’d have feelings for someone again. He had told himself he shouldn’t, because what had happened to Cosima should never happen to anyone. And yet, even though there’s still the latent concern over putting Cian at risk, hearing his words only strengthens Mars’ resolve and will.
[break][break]
Nothing will happen to Cian.
[break][break]
So help him God, Mars will make sure of that.
[break][break]
”Sounds like we are.” A chuckle rises with this, and it’s probably mostly due to the stupid heat of this hot spring, but his cheeks are flushed.
[break][break]
”And that’s perfect, because it means you’re all mine. He smirks, and finally, these words are followed by a kiss.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
qYfW|FkM
[break][break]
-10/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:16:35 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]his cheeks are flushed, too, but it's definitely from the stupid heat. or at least that's what he tells himself.

he returns the kiss, pulling away briefly to whisper:

"i'm all yours."

another kiss seals it.

"and you're all mine. no one else's."

[attr="class","noodles"]uypzwFnV

-26/1000

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:31:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It is gladly that he returns the kiss, and when he pulls away, he smiles. Not one of those charming and confident smiles that at this point seem to almost be Mars’ trademark, but a joyful grin that’s all too bright – radiant as the sun up above.
[break][break]
”All yours, no one else’s. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
[break][break]
One more kiss, because how could he resist? This time, followed by a chuckle.
[break][break]
”Now can we get out of the water though? I feel like I’m gonna boil.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:57:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian trusts mars, but slowly, his insecurities will start to subside until they're nothing more than an annoyance at best. there's no one else that grounds and reassures him quite like mars does, and for that he will always be grateful.

"anything for you, mars."

with a chuckle, cian slowly stands, rising out of the water before stepping out entirely. his hand finds mars', helping him out before pulling him into another kiss, this time more passionate.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]A82RXhdB
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 18:30:01 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Anything, huh? Lucky me.”
[break][break]
He is lucky. He’s so lucky. Probably luckier than what Cian will ever realize.
[break][break]
But, that’s why it’s up to Mars to remind him of that, because proud as he may be, this pride definitely would never stop him from admitting how thankful he is to have Cian in his life. As his boyfriend.
[break][break]
Oh, he’s going to have fun getting used to saying that one.
[break][break]
Squeezing Cian’s hand, the kiss is returned, gaze easily finding his once they pull away.
[break][break]
”I think I could use a cold shower to cool off, but we should go grab a bite after that.”
[break][break]
And so they will, but honestly, at moments like these Mars would be happy with doing pretty much anything as long as he has Cian with him.
[break][break]
It’s perfect, as perfect as things can be.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
steep [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 22:27:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]YOU BEAT THE HEAT!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
MARS WINS:[break]
[break][break]

CIAN WINS:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: