awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
just guys being dudes, just dudes rocking [SAUNA]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 6:52:14 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

This seemed like a simple enough day out. He checked into the sauna, securing a stone room meant for the more daring. Upon paying the entry fee, the receptionist seemed to recognize him from an athletic-wear advertisement. His hair was much shorter back then, but he pretended to recoil and blush as this older woman asked for a selfie. He grew his hair out and became a podcaster since his last public outing, but she didn't seem familiar with his show.

Between the stone room and the reception was a series of lockers with keys, so as to keep everyone's stuff safe from the humidity. Casey was handed a key to his stuff, and then sent into the room. The door handle itself seemed to radiate warmth.

A hand pried the door to the room open. Every surface was a neutral beige wood tone, with the tree rings intact. Casey hadn't even started sweating yet, but the pit of hot stones was blasting him with condensation. "Whoo. Gotdamn! This is a lot."

Casey then sat, carefully folding one leg over the other as he folded his towel, securing it to his waist. The door then creaked open. He felt kind of sorry for whoever had to blast themselves with this heat to oil doorjambs and mop floors. Another young man in a towel arrived, the ambient light behind him being so bright as to obscure his face at first. "Come on in." He said, as if he were at a pool. "...I don't think I caught your name. I'm Casey." XfG0Mp0a
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 7:59:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The heat is welcomed, and if there’s any discomfort that comes with the initial wave, the man doesn’t show it.
[break][break]
At first, he pays the stranger no mind, a hand brushing through perfect brunette locks as he heads over to take a seat. A towel has been wrapped carefully around his waist, his body showing the unmistakable signs of mornings of jogging and hours diligently spent at the gym. He’s calm, he’s confident, and he doesn’t seem to mind the other’s presence.
[break][break]
It’s only when Casey introduces himself that the man does look at him, honey-coloured gaze finding his.
[break][break]
And then, there’s a smile, one that could have easily belonged in toothpaste ad; perfect strings of pearly whites – cool, smooth, and full of charm. ”Hey.”
[break][break]
Conversation, while not something that happens often at this sort of place, is also welcomed. It’s a good distraction from all thoughts and worries plaguing his mind.
[break][break]
”Martín del Mar. It’s nice to meet you, Casey… Feel free to call me Mars if that’s too difficult to pronounce.”
[break][break]
It usually is for most strangers.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
2vdQpy2g
[break][break]
976/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 9:59:58 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

This seemed like a simple enough day out. The stone room didn't have the same view of the night sky as the hot springs, though it did have heat lines emanating from every humid surface. The two were slow-cooking like a brisket.

Martín had cat-like amber eyes. His teeth were too perfect. Frankly, someone like this intimidated Casey. Reminded him of himself. Steam and sweat clung to them, though they sat apart.

A moment of silence came as he glanced off into the distance. He had to say something, to not look like he was ignoring Martín. "...Thanks."

Casey looked at him, smiling for a second, though that went away. Something about his fresh out of the gym look felt familiar too. Casey himself had the firm core and legs of someone who spent an hour every day swinging a kettlebell between his legs, like an American football. He had the tired look of someone who found himself sore after working out. "......" He said, as if he were at a pool. "Do you work out?" OOXDh|oM
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 0:41:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Do you work out?’
[break][break]
A bit of an awkward question, isn’t it?
[break][break]
One that comes with a few implications at a place like this.
[break][break]
Firstly, the answer should be obvious to anyone who does work out (as this Casey guy so clearly does), but the fact that was asked could point to two completely different paths: maybe it’s his way of giving a compliment and he wants Mars to know he has been looking and paying attention, or maybe he’s just awkward and couldn’t think of anything else to talk about. Then again, he could also care way too much about things like workout routines, since Mars is all too familiar with people who won’t shut up about boring topics like these (read: ).
[break][break]
Whatever the explanation may be, Mars does no more than smile with ease.
[break][break]
”I do. Why?”
[break][break]
It’s not a topic he cares much for, and thus it’s also not a topic that will distract him from the thoughts consuming his mind. With a deep breath, he closes his eyes, and the moment he does he can’t help but wonder what he would be doing at this moment if were by his side. Probably something nice. Probably something fun. Probably something they both would really like...
[break][break]
Oh, fuck.
[break][break]
”Mind if I turn the heat up a little?”
[break][break]
In true Mars fashion, he doesn’t wait for a response, ever prone to doing whatever he wants. Calmly and with care, he reaches over to INCREASE THE STEAM, vapor dancing in the air and blurring the sight of their surroundings. This is much better, and Mars rolls his shoulders, allowing some of that long-accumulated tension to vanish.
[break][break]
”So, tell me, Casey… What do you do?”
[break][break]
A simple and standard question to ask someone he's unfamiliar with.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
kBdWVqJ2
[break][break]
837/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 1:46:34 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Asking if he worked out. At the stone-room. The stone-room of a hot-springs. The implications were clear, given the history of hot-springs. The implications being that he was checking out Martín and didn't mind being checked out himself, though he wasn't so callous as to just flash the man. In retrospect, he was a little too forward. "...It just seems like you're into cardio. Like... more than the average person."

There we go. He had to merely qualify his comment rather than back out and apologize entirely. The topic of working out was a tricky one. There was a fine line between offering to spot and give pointers, and just talking about body-types. Frankly, he'd done this initially to get his numbers up with women, but male attention didn't deter him altogether.

He had to act like he didn't mind. Like he wasn't already sweating too hard to stop his tongue from sticking to the roof of his mouth. He wouldn't try to stop Martín, but he was so nervous because he saw a hand dart for the heat controls. That, and he heard Martín pose the question while he was just jumping in and doing it. He had to act tough. "...Turn it up even higher. This is nice."

A bead of sweat trailed down from his hairline to his cheek, swelling in size as it picked up other, smaller beads of sweat. A dime-sized drop of sweat hit his chest and trailed down, ending in the towel he sheepishly wore to cover himself, because they weren't in the water. "......" He then felt like he had to admit that his job was bullshit. "I'm in the uh... content field. I do modeling, podcasting, pokemon contests. I do ads on my podcast." s4r54nDL
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 5:01:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

So, they’re actually going to talk about this. Not like Mars minds, but still.
[break][break]
Leaning to rest his back against the wall, he chuckles at the response, easy and unbothered.
[break][break]
”Is it really that obvious? I guess you wouldn’t be wrong… I go to the gym a couple of times a week, but I also go running every morning. At dawn.”
[break][break]
The answer comes casually and with a slight shrug, but Mars knows this is not something most people do. It’s a habit that had been built years ago, and it definitely hadn’t been out of enjoyment or want for it. It had been because of the nightmares that wake him in the middle of the night, leaving him restless and with a need to do something to get his mind off them. So, he ran, and the love for it had come after that. A part of his daily route. Something that would remain even if the nightmares were to somehow leave.
[break][break]
None of these are things he will share with Casey, of course.
[break][break]
Instead, his attention turns back to the other, eyes of amber falling on him one more time.
[break][break]
”Sure, you can turn it up higher if you want.”
[break][break]
Once again, he’s casual, even if he knows that would probably be excessive. For now, the heat is welcome.
[break][break]
”Are you really? That sounds like it must be fun work. Bet it keeps you pretty busy, though. What’s your podcast about?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
MpvsmeXq
[break][break]
760/1000

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 18:48:44 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Between the two, a pile of stones radiated warmth. Turning it up temporarily increased the output, but it slid down to normal, which was probably a safety feature. Casey sighed with relief, but he timed it with the hiss of the stones to avoid sounding like he couldn’t handle it.

A knee crossed over the other under the towel, eliminating the possibility of flashing. "Wow. That’s... That’s a level of dedication that I haven’t been able to drum up. I just get into a dumbbell set every day, and do as many reps as possible."

Sweat runs down his body like he’s being rained on. Droplets drag others down and grow in size. Others cling to his skin and give him a healthy glow. Martín makes it clear that he can turn it back up if he wants to, but Casey wouldn’t dare. He shuddered at the thought.

Casey then reached both arms upwards, trying to stretch his upper back. He looked down at Martín and tried to smile. To put on a show. "It’s uh... One free episode about current events per week, one paid subscriber episode about art and culture per week." He said, pondering it for a second. "...If there’s a rough month ahead of me, I’ll just bank arts episodes with a guest, and put half of them out for free. Just to not have to think about it." 0p9_6hqh
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 3:01:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha. Yeah, things like those are definitely not for everyone. I find that it helps to have a good motivation.”
[break][break]
Like having just woken from a horrible nightmare and really needing something to take his mind off it, for example. Running fast, running far…Running until every muscle aches, until his lungs burn, and until it hurts to even take a breath… Running like that usually distracts him enough; it washes away those horrible feelings that come with the haunting memories, and it allows him to go about his day as normal.
[break][break]
Just like today, because his night hadn’t been pleasant in the slightest.
[break][break]
But, once again, none of those are things Casey needs to know, and Mars simply shifts his attention towards listening to him talk about his podcast.
[break][break]
Arts.
[break][break]
Culture.
[break][break]
Huh... Maybe there are interesting things they can actually talk about.
[break][break]
”That sounds like a good podcast. What’s the name of it? Maybe I’ll listen sometime.”
[break][break]
Not like Mars has much time to do that sort of thing, but he does sometimes listen to things like podcasts while at the gym, so why not try something new?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
w9j1cFr|
[break][break]
681/1000

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 9:19:58 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Between the two, a pile of stones radiated warmth. He wondered how those receptionists handled it. They were probably all hot and bothered, watching all these sweaty, half-naked people cross the sauna to get changed and go home. Not that he minded any attention. He got that a lot.

Martín refused to elaborate, but Casey wouldn’t press him on it. A bead of sweat fell from his hairline to an eyebrow and soaked in. "Either way... running is really good for your heart and your joints. You might even live longer than I do. Have you ever hit a Stair-Climber? One of those like... treadmills, but it’s a continuous staircase with handrails."

The thought of endlessly climbing stairs already had the six-footer’s knees twitching, as if they were recalling some horror story that was beyond his slow-cooked and steamed brain. He was much more in the camp of deadlifts. Both because they hardened your core, and also because performing one looked like gyrating your hips in slow-motion. It wouldn’t be for Casey if it wasn’t as vain as it was genuinely good.

Casey then crossed his legs in his seat, and looked around for a second towel for his face, anxious about accidentally flashing Martín. "It’s uh... 411." He said, pondering it for a second. "It’s like... our grandparents’ generation had two hotline numbers. 911 for emergencies, 411 for national news, but they phased that one out.” mchcgA5m
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 5:30:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A continuous staircase…
[break][break]
Endlessly climbing stairs…
[break][break]
Even though Casey obviously doesn’t wish for it, a memory finds its way into Mars’ mind when trying to imagine this – one that has been warped after years and years of his subconscious making use of it to haunt him.
[break][break]
An elevator that doesn’t work... a staircase that’s meant to only be used for emergencies... running up higher and higher in a panic, climbing step by step, almost tripping over his own feet… All until making it to that door that’s ajar. All until entering that place he once called home, and that that day was filled with broken glass and blood.
[break][break]
One deep breath, and the memory is pushed away, because it’s too painful and because it doesn’t belong in this place…
[break][break]
”In my experience, stairs are dreadful enough as they are. Don’t think I’d want to try something like that.”
[break][break]
He smirks as if his words are a joke, never one to reveal what dwells in his mind, even if he knows all too well that if he were to get on a stair-climber, he probably wouldn’t be able to stand him because the sensation would take him back to the worst day of his life.
[break][break]
No thanks.
[break][break]
”Oh, I didn’t know that. That’s interesting. I’ll make sure to remember the name and check it out.”
[break][break]
Despite how anxious Casey seems about the situation, Mars remains calm, his gaze fixed on that of the other man. Perhaps it’s just confidence, perhaps it’s that he’s used to this sort of situation, perhaps it’s that he doesn’t mind…
[break][break]
Perhaps it’s all of that.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
GexdAR06
[break][break]
643/1000

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 8:32:32 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Martín refused to elaborate, but Casey wouldn’t press him on it. A bead of sweat fell from his hairline to an eyebrow and soaked in. "...Yeah. Now that I'm saying it outloud... that's kind of for sickos. For people who like hearing their knees click. I'm more of a dumbbells and deadlifts kinda guy anyways."

There being something deeply wrong with stairs went over his head, he just thought about the tradeoff for being tall. For him, the worst thing in the world was simpler: he wasn't allowed to bulk to his heart's content and get truly ripped. He had to remain swimmeresque and small for work. For the magazine ads he's in.

Casey then pushed the hair out of his face again. He was considering just looking for a rubber band to do a ponytail, though this meant pulling his hairline back a little with the tension in the band. He was so good at talking himself out of things. "I had a little hiatus for personal reasons, but I'm looking to book guests soon." He said, pondering it for a second. "Would you like to get on, at some point?” K0d8PTg9
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 23:21:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ugh, don’t start, my knees are going to hurt just by thinking about it.”
[break][break]
It’s with a laugh that he dismisses this, forcing himself away from all those memories. In order to do this, focusing on this new acquaintance of his as much as possible is the obvious answer, so that’s exactly what Mars does – even if he usually wouldn’t be all that interested in talking about things like dumbbells and deadlifts.
[break][break]
”Sounds like you care a lot about going to the gym, though… It’s a good habit to have. I imagine you probably have to keep in shape because of the modeling, right?”
[break][break]
Mars himself has given modeling a try a few times, but as much as he may love cameras and attention, each time he has come to the conclusion that he really doesn’t like being bossed around. Which, to be fair, he and everyone who knows him were already well aware of.
[break][break]
It’s the next question that catches him by surprise, even if this doesn’t show itself in his expression.
[break][break]
”Oh? That could be fun. What makes you think I’d make for a good guest, though?”
[break][break]
After all, they’re basically just strangers in a sauna.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
N38RHlRR
[break][break]
591/1000

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 0:07:12 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey leaned back, head propped up only by the bench. He snickered for a second, then made a little popping sound with his mouth, and pantomimed a knee injury. "I kinda have to. Not that I mind. It's mostly chest and core stuff, for work. And... I like deadlifts, because they hit pretty much every muscle group. They tell me not to get too big though, which is a bummer."

There wasn't anything wrong with being ordered around. He even managed to rope into doing a shoot for an athletic-wear company, months ago. People have opted to grin and bear worse to get paid.

Casey then pushed the hair out of his face again. He then smirked, looking aside at Martín. "Guys just hanging out and talking about nothing in particular is its own genre. Some guys even leave the dead air in their shows" He said, before biting his tongue and thinking it over for a minute. "And you seem like an agreeable person.” aEQJZn5R
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 23:11:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A smirk comes the second Casey makes a popping sound, a deep breath being taken to help himself relax in the heat of this sauna. The air feels thin with all the rising steam; almost burning on the way in with every breath because of the sheer warmth of it. It’s not a bad feeling. Not according to Mars, at least.
[break][break]
”That’s a shame, you should be able to do whatever you want to do… People usually have to compromise for the same of work, though. Maybe one day.”
[break][break]
He shrugs, for stubborn as Mars may be, he too knows a thing or two about making compromises for the sake of his job.
[break][break]
Or, three…
[break][break]
Or compromises that sometimes feel endless in their nature...
[break][break]
Even as a CEO, it’s not that easy to just do whatever he wants when it comes to managing his company, especially when dealing with an annoying board of directors.
[break][break]
”Okay, you got me there – that’s a good point.” The words come with a chuckle that soon fades into one of those confident smiles that are so typical of Mars. ”Sure, why not? Sounds like it could be fun. I usually get really busy, but I'm sure I could fit it in my schedule.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
zMngOAaW
[break][break]
552/1000

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 4:06:19 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The original purpose of the hot springs was to soothe sore muscles. Things that the two fit men probably had in spades. But at this point, Casey was starting to melt a little, sinking into his seat. Starting to become dehydrated. He could feel his tongue cling to the roof of his mouth. "Kinda like any other job, isn't it? We have to fit our personalities in around the margins. In our time spent at home."

Kinda like any other job. Except for his proximity to media. Except for his ability to more or less shove his way into any circle.

Were it not for the low overhead cost of podcasting, he'd have gone into music like Melody. Very well could still do that, and juice his own numbers. And get into Tren, speaking of juicing.

Casey then pushed the hair out of his face again. He then smiled, looking aside at Martín. "Sometimes, it's just me and the other guy dicking around for a while, and I turn it into an hour of the most focused stuff." He said, pausing for a minute. "Thanks. It means a lot that you'd say that.” 2KHAPFLz