taco

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 1:39:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

[break]
Those late summer days when most of the heat has died down and most people have already returned to their busy and boring lives? Those are the perfect days to go to the beach…
[break][break]
In Sol’s opinion, at least.
[break][break][break]
Texting to meet her at Lilycove beach is not something she had planned on doing in advance. The decision had been made on the previous night, a few minutes before sending the message, because Sol is always one to keep her promises – even if it may have taken her a little too long to fulfill this one.
[break][break]
Things have been strange as of late, but being here is nice…
[break][break]
It’s nice to feel the warmth of the sun against her skin. It’s nice to listen to the ocean.
[break][break]
Will the rest of the day be just as enjoyable?
[break][break]
That much she’s yet to learn.
[break][break]
So, she sits, and she waits.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ 🌮

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 6:09:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's safe to say that whatever plans uriah had were quickly dropped the moment he received her text. he thinks of what had said to him during their hot springs getaway, remembering to take things slow and to not push too hard, essentially. just see how things naturally develop. it's good advice, really, because he would've shown up to the beach today with flowers otherwise.

uri shows up on time, not a minute late. he finds her almost immediately as she's not the hardest person to spot in a crowd; not that there's one to begin with. it's actually rather quiet today.

"mind if i join you?"

it's meant more so as a greeting as he sits next to her, glancing out towards the rolling waves of lilycove.

"how have you been, sol?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 8:08:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol has plenty of reasons to feel uneasy about today, because the last thing she wants is for Uriah to take it as something it is not...
[break][break]
’Dinner as friends', that’s what they had agreed on back at the bar, but it’s all too easy for people to start expecting more than something as simple as that.
[break][break]
Especially after their meeting at the hot springs.
[break][break]
”Why ask if you’ll do it anyway?”
[break][break]
Still, while her tone is as lacking in emotion as it often is, there is a slight smirk when he greets her and sits by her side, Sol’s gaze remaining fixed on the way the waves softly meet the sand.
[break][break]
”Alright. Busy, I guess. How about you?”
[break][break]
She’s always busy, that never changes.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 8:23:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]at her comment, he chuckles, shrugging a shoulder.

"just like to make an entrance."

he smirks as well, faint, before choosing to focus his gaze elsewhere. looking at her only seems to make his heart flutter, which is only detrimental to what he's supposed to be doing.

to what tonight's supposed to be: dinner as friends.

"would you believe me if i said busy?"

truthfully, he has been busy in a very different way than what he usually is.

"i've been training a bit. kachow still doesn't listen, though, but i think that's just him."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 8:40:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Busy.
[break][break]
She would believe it, because Uriah has a life beyond what she knows. He probably has things he likes to do, and things he’s also obligated to do, and it all just makes her realize how little she actually knows about him and his life…
[break][break]
Does she want to know more?
[break][break]
”Really? I bet he’d listen to me.”
[break][break]
This is a joke, matter-of-fact as the delivery may be, and she finally turns to look at him, lavender-coloured eyes fixing on him.
[break][break]
”What about your other pokémon? Training going well? Sounds like hard work.”
[break][break]
She knows it is.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 9:14:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]ugh. he rolls his eyes but ultimately chuckles as he agrees with her even if it isn't a joke.

"he probably would. that bitch."

said lovingly, of course, because kachow will always be his little baby.

"my team's shaping up really well. went on a little excursion with my dad the other day to help train some dragons."

like he said: busy.

but eventually, he turns to look at her, meeting her gaze.

"what do you have planned for us?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 9:45:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Your poor baby boy, don’t call him that.”
[break][break]
She smirks.
[break][break]
It’s cute how much Uriah spoils his Luxray, that much Sol can’t deny, even if she knows all too well that this is part of the reason why Kachow won’t listen to him even when it comes to the simplest commands.
[break][break]
The other part is probably just Kachow being a stubborn cat.
[break][break]
At the mention of his father, she watches him.
[break][break]
”Yeah? How did that go? Never been a big fan of dragons.”
[break][break]
Flying makes her uneasy, and most dragons can fly, but there’s no point in explaining that.
[break][break]
”Planned? We’re just eating tacos."
[break][break]
Her favourite ones, the best in all of Lilycove.
[break][break]
She doesn't add that part.
[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 9:56:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"it was fucking miserable. i was literally doing the same thing my dad was and he still found a reason to be a dick about it."

to be fair, they were doing absolutely nothing. they just stood there watching dragons fly around. the memory, despite the bitterness it brings, is amusing.

"number two in your top three. tacos sound good."

it's as he's holding his gaze that he realizes just how much he wants to say. maybe it's okay to just say one thing?

"...i've been looking forward to it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 10:26:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Sounds annoying.”
[break][break]
It does, but she also knows exactly what that’s like. Maybe strict parents are all the same in some ways.
[break][break]
”... You remember the order of them?”
[break][break]
Sol herself doesn’t, because it’s not like there had been a particular reason for the order. She had been tired and hungover, but number two sounds about right… She does like tacos a whole lot, after all.
[break][break]
’I’ve been looking forward to this.’
[break][break]
Honestly, she has too.
[break][break]
”Sorry it took a while, I don’t have a lot of free time.”
[break][break]
This much is true, but she makes the conscious choice of not reciprocating the sentiment. For Uriah's sake, and for hers too.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 11:25:43 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it definitely was annoying, but the memory quickly passes in favor of another that her question brings. he plays it over in his head, nodding.

"lasagna, tacos, swedish meatballs."

not like the order actually matters.

his head shakes at her apology.

"nah, don't worry about it."

he's just happy to be spending time with her, really. what he's concerned about is what happens after this. would they still hang out? would he push too much?

baby steps.

"what do you usually do, sol? you know, outside of work; the stuff that keeps you busy."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 12:13:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Huh… Put Swedish meatballs first.”
[break][break]
That’s just how she feels today.
[break][break]
Sol can be fickle about certain things and food is one of them.
[break][break]
”You must have a good memory though.”
[break][break]
A small voice in her head tells her that it’s probably because it’s something about her, but she ignores it, because the last thing she needs is to spend all this time thinking about the things Uriah expects of her.
[break][break]
Is it wrong to just want to enjoy the time they spend together?
[break][break]
”Oh… It’s mostly work that keeps me busy, there’s a lot to being a captain.”
[break][break]
That much is true. Much more than what Uriah sees her do, at least.
[break][break]
”I also do a lot of training, and house chores take their time too... Usually by the time I’m done with all that I’m too exhausted to do anything else. Guess it probably sounds pretty boring, huh?”
[break][break]
She smirks faintly, even though it’s all true.
[break][break]
Sol does really enjoy most of it though.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 12:34:12 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]swedish meatballs, lasagna, tacos. he'll remember.

"only with things i care about, i guess."

his mouth shuts after the words have already left him, unaware of how he's only contributing to the small voice in her head. he exhales, finally turning away as if to find reprieve elsewhere. the beach, perhaps.

huh. it's like said. guess there really is more to being a captain than he realizes.

"i might feel the same way if i actually did house chores more often."

as she might've already assumed, given the state of his apartment.

"not boring, though. it sounds peaceful."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 13:26:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He’s definitely contributing to the small voice in her head.
[break][break]
In fact, it only grows louder and harder to ignore, and it sure begins to become rather annoying. Stressful, even. This shouldn’t have to be stressful.
[break][break]
She really tries to silence the voice and push those thoughts away.
[break][break]
”Maybe you should... Some of them aren’t so bad.”
[break][break]
He definitely should.
[break][break]
His apartment is a fucking mess. How can he even live in a place like that? Sol doesn’t understand it, but then again, however Uriah chooses to live is none of her concern, is it?
[break][break]
’It sounds peaceful.’
[break][break]
”Yeah… I guess it is. It’s nice.”
[break][break]
She likes it being peaceful. Her years in Kanto had given her enough chaos for a lifetime, but of course, that’s yet another thing Uriah doesn’t know about.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 14:24:59 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"yeah, maybe..."

since the night they spent together, uri's actually cleaned up his apartment by quite a lot, and he's also kept up with cleaning it weekly if only to make it look more presentable. because, yeah, how can anyone live in a place like that?

"i bet."

his gaze returns not long after, and with it, a smile.

"so, you hungry?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taco
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:05:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

I bet.
[break][break]
Does he though?
[break][break]
Uriah doesn’t seem like the type of person who enjoys peace and quiet, especially if judging by that one time at the bar. But, she could be wrong, or maybe he’s just saying the things that he thinks will make her like him more…
[break][break]
Once again, that little voice in her head starts being way too intrusive, so she’s glad for the change of topic.
[break][break]
”Yeah, let’s go. It’s not far from here.”
[break][break]
With the faintest of smiles, she stands.

[BREAK][BREAK]