Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:01:08 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Waiting.
[break][break]
Mars has never been a patient person, and he’s especially not patient when it comes to this sort of situation.
[break][break]
What if something happens? What if the authorities find Cian suspicious and wish to further question him? What if his cover is blown?
[break][break]
So many ‘what if’s’ and yet all Mars can do is wait at the location agreed for the rendezvous. This time a safe location; the crate having already been moved and hidden in case of anything. All that’s left is for Cian to get back and for them to deliver it, but will all that really happen without an issue?
[break][break]
His Gardevoir had been quick and effective, and so had he with taking care of the crate from that point on, so maybe it will be the same way with all aspects of this mission...
[break][break]
Not knowing for certain bothers him, and it makes him worry about Cian, but all he can do is trust.
[break][break]
A trust that, with most people, has never has come easily to Mars. Yet, he trust Cian.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:21:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
he would've found it cute if he knew just how much mars has been worrying about him, and though he has a suspicion, he chooses not to say anything as he approaches the rendezvous location after about a good hour since they exited the tunnel.

with the same smirk as usual, he asks:

"did you miss me?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:43:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The truth is that, if they can trust each other and rely on each other, they have the potential to do great work together. If they both stick to their strengths and cover for each other’s weaknesses, that is. If they’re able to compromise, find common ground, and agree on things. If they both set their stubbornness aside and listen.
[break][break]
For people like them, it’s not an easy thing to do, but perhaps that’s the lesson of this mission.
[break][break]
It’s a thought that crosses Mars’ mind when hearing those all too familiar words.
[break][break]
When seeing that all too familiar smug smirk.
[break][break]
When realizing that Cian’s okay and nothing happened to him.
[break][break]
He’s relieved, so naturally, he mirrors the smirk.
[break][break]
”Don’t I always?”
[break][break]
He did miss him, and he did worry, and as much as he may trust Cian, he'll probably always worry.
[break][break]
”All good?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:58:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
listening and compromising are two very different things; cian has problems doing both at times, especially when there are other factors at play.

but this mission in particular has been nice, smooth, and it gives him hope that maybe someday they'll make an impressive team.

"all good, babe."

he steps in to give mars a kiss, pulling away only to smirk and gloat.

"guess my way worked, huh?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:16:02 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe one day they really will make an impressive team, but today is clearly not that day...
[break][break]
Mars is happy to return the kiss, but when Cian pulls away, he looks at him, and he raises an eyebrow in immediate response to his words. Before saying anything, he reaches for him, and while somewhat gentle, pinches his nose.
[break][break]
Then, he smirks.
[break][break]
”Yeah, because my Gardevoir is swift, effective, and good at her job. You're welcome!”
[break][break]
Once that’s said, he lets go, and there’s laughter that follows.
[break][break]
Since, honestly, as much as Mars’ careful and meticulous self could list about a hundred reasons why things could have gone horribly wrong, in the end he’s just glad that the mission went smoothly and that Cian is okay. He will always be stubborn, but there’s also a sense of pride in knowing that Cian was able to pull this off without a problem.
[break][break]
”It worked.” He agrees, smiling. ”And you did amazing.”
[break][break]
He reaches for him once more; this time, kissing him.
[break][break]
”...But you better not let that go to that massive head of yours.”
[break][break]
A grin comes with this, obviously.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:36:13 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
well, this is new. the pinching of his nose catches him off guard; the only reaction he gives is a pout which forms after a few seconds.

"right, and she would've definitely succeeded without the cover of my SANDSTORM."

he rolls his eyes, about ready to poke mars in his ribs at that point.

you did amazing.

but that placates him.

he smiles, returning the kiss.

"no idea what you're talking about."

again, he smirks.

"you got bored waiting for me, didn't you?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:51:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”The same SANDSTORM that wouldn’t have been nearly as strong if it hadn’t been for her TRACE, you mean?”
[break][break]
He smirks, and he has no issue with admitting this, because it’s the truth, and because Mars is all too aware of his own worth and that of the team he has trained.
[break][break]
A little recognition of this on Cian’s part would have also been welcomed, sure, but he easily lets matters go, perhaps because Mars has come to never assume there will be praise after a job – success and efficiency is just what has always been expected of him, after all.
[break][break]
It makes it easy to just smile.
[break][break]
It makes it easy to just laugh and joke around.
[break][break]
Even if there’s a lot that still makes him uneasy about all that happened today, he just tries to push all that away, focusing on Cian.
[break][break]
”Oh, are you kidding? Of course I did! But you’re here now, so it’s all better.”
[break][break]
He grins, an arm wrapping round him, and naturally, he doesn’t bother with mentioning how worried he had been.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:38:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
the mission definitely wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did without the help of mars' pokemon. they've trained to be efficient and it shows as much. maybe he should pay mars a genuine compliment...

but his thoughts are led astray with what mars says next. he chuckles, leaning into him as mars' arm wraps around him.

mars might not bother to mention but cian doesn't let it go that easily.

"were you worried?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:19:02 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He should have expected Cian to ask, because it’s exactly the sort of thing he would do.
[break][break]
When the question comes, Mars chuckles, leaning in to gently kiss his cheek.
[break][break]
”You’re fishing.”
[break][break]
He stays close, because of course he was worried. Of course he had a million concerns, and of course he had wished he could be there with him in case anything happened. Not because he doesn't trust Cian, but because Mars has lost too many of the people he loves to not fear losing him too.
[break][break]
It’s a feeling he hates.
[break][break]
It’s a feeling he wishes he could overlook.
[break][break]
And yet, he smiles at Cian, his words merely a whisper between them:
[break][break]
”I’ll always worry about you. I don’t want anything to happen to you, Cian.”
[break][break]
There’s no reason not to be honest about that.
[break][break]
”That doesn’t mean I don’t trust you, though.”
[break][break]
Or about this.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:52:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian's fishing, but he shrugs, unabashed in the way he looks at mars, expecting an answer.

it's selfish, in a way, because he already knows the answer to begin with. and yet here he is, smiling at mars' response.

he fishes for more, leaning closer as he reaches a hand up to caress mars' cheek.

"do you trust me enough to make the right calls?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 20:07:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

And Cian pushes him.
[break][break]
As he always seems to do.
[break][break]
Mars may never tell him as much, but it’s probably one of the things he does best, because there’s no one who has ever been quite this capable to push him past what he’s comfortable with.
[break][break]
Still, it’s not a bad thing.
[break][break]
Mars hates admitting his worries, yet here is Cian, asking him if he was worried.
[break][break]
Mars doesn’t trust people often, much less admit to it when he does, yet here is Cian, asking him how much he trusts him.
[break][break]
He always pushes for more, because he’s needy like that, but it makes Mars smile.
[break][break]
”Fishing and needy.” Mars chuckles, tilting his head slightly to lean into the hand at his cheek. He holds Cian’s gaze, never looking away from him. I do, but I also hope you will listen to me and my advice.”
[break][break]
It’s not easy to admit, and this time, he’s the one who pushes:
[break][break]
”Do you trust me, Cian?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 20:20:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
and so mars pushes back, as expected, so cian already has an answer prepared.

"i do."

after a brief pause, he continues:

"i just hate not being in control."

it's the whole reason why he made the decision to kill john doe; not that he remembers, of course, but should he experience a similar situation again, he'd likely make the same decision again.

"which is why i like doing things my way."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 23:15:31 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’I just hate not being in control.’
[break][break]
Sometimes Mars could almost laugh at how similar they are, because if there’s one feeling he can understand better than anyone, it’s probably that one.
[break][break]
Control isn’t a right, it has never been one in his life. It’s something people have taken away and that he has had to fight for with every he has. Something he has earned, something because of which much has been lost, something they continue trying to take away, and thus something he keeps on fighting for.
[break][break]
Control is something he promised himself he would let anyone take from him again.
[break][break]
Perhaps that’s why he smiles faintly at words, and why as if to mirror Cian’s actions, a hand reaches for his cheek, gently caressing it.
[break][break]
”I know. I hate it too, and I also like doing things my way… Which I guess could turn into a problem for us, huh?”
[break][break]
It has the potential to be, that’s for sure.
[break][break]
If they don’t compromise, if they don’t listen to each other, a lot could go wrong – not just with their missions, but with their relationship too.
[break][break]
Mars knows this.
[break][break]
”But, Cian, we can both be in control.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 4:06:50 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
control is one of the reasons why cian enjoys running so much, because there's no one else that could possibly take that away from him. out there, whether it be on the track or elsewhere, the only thing he has to worry about is himself, no one else. and it's awfully peaceful.

we can both be in control.

it sounds nice and achievable. they just have to learn how to do a few things first.

"i guess we just gotta learn how to compromise."

his hand stops caressing if only to pinch mars' cheek.

"you first."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 8:05:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Learn how to compromise.
[break][break]
Can people like them really do that? It won’t be easy, that’s for sure, but at least they’re on the same page about it being necessary…
[break][break]
His cheek is pocked, and an ever so slight pout comes as a result of it.
[break][break]
Cian.
[break][break]
A whining tone, because that's unfair of him and Cian probably knows it. Still, he chuckles, his other hand rising to Cian’s other cheek in order to gently press on them – squishing.
[break][break]
”What do you want me to make compromises on right now?”
[break][break]
One step at the time, because there’s no way this will work for them if they take a leap and expect each other to compromise at every turn. Talking about it is important, and even if these conversations can be difficult, Mars finds himself glad that they can have them.

[BREAK][BREAK]