3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 9:56:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
mars pouting and whining is cute, too cute, and cian's moving to pinch his cheek in return. he hums at the question, thinking for a moment before eventually shaking his head.

"i dunno. nothing comes to mind right now."

because there's nothing else on his mind but mars and their little bubble.

"but i'm sure something will eventually."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 10:23:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s moments like these that make all the stress and all the worry be more than worth it.
[break][break]
Cian’s response actually makes him laugh, shaking his head only to then lean in closer. Holding his gaze, he pauses mere centimeters away, a gentle smile softening his expression. The kind of smile that seems to only ever make its presence known when he’s with Cian – a secret kept from just about everyone.
[break][break]
”Then let me know when something does come to mind.”
[break][break]
A kiss. One passionate, yet also short and sweet.
[break][break]
”And when it does, I expect you to make compromises too.”
[break][break]
He smirks, pinching Cian’s cheek just as he did before.
[break][break]
It’s a two-way street, after all.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #25a190;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 10:56:06 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
there aren't many who cian would even listen to, let alone make compromises for, but for mars, he nods, understanding that it comes from a place of care and genuine concern, because it's how he feels for mars as well.

the kiss is almost too short for his liking. he pouts as a result; a pout that only grows as his cheek's pinched.

"fine. just let me know when something comes to mind, too."

he looks away then if only to glance around at their surroundings.

"we still gotta deliver the crate, right?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 11:41:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Nothing about listening and compromising is easy for him, nor is it for Cian, and it’s not something either of them would be willing to even try for most people. Mars knows this, and he also knows that the same could be said about the sheer fact that they’re together in the first place. It makes glad, and while he has never been one to believe or care much for things like luck, it makes him feel lucky to be with Cian.
[break][break]
Especially when he pouts like that.
[break][break]
Too fucking cute.
[break][break]
”Alright, I will.”
[break][break]
The question about the crate pulls him out of the moment for a second, and while there’s a sigh, it is easily followed by a chuckle.
[break][break]
”You’re right, we should go do that.”
[break][break]
Yet, despite his words, he doesn’t pull away, moving even closer instead.
[break][break]
”Maybe in a moment though.”
[break][break]
He smirks, and these words are followed by a kiss. This time, not a short one.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 14:08:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
they really should start moving the crate. people are waiting for them, aren't they? he isn't sure anymore, especially not when mars kisses him like that. he thinks of nothing else but mars and what they're about to do.

the kiss is returned but he pulls away not long after, smirking as he whispers:

"damn, didn't know you missed me that much."

his hand reaches down low as he leans back in to kiss mars.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 14:35:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

People are waiting for them.
[break][break]
People have been waiting for them.
[break][break]
But, it’s not as if they gave a specific time when they would deliver the crate.
[break][break]
Even if they had, the thought doesn’t even cross Mars’ mind, for the first time in a long time allowing himself to forget about fulfilling the mission if only for a moment. There’s only Cian, his touch, and the kisses they share, Mars this time taking longer to pull away.
[break][break]
When he does, he still stays close, his words also a whisper:
[break][break]
”Mmm… I missed you much more than just that though, believe me.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t need him to believe it, because the words are followed by another kiss, a hand traveling down to find Cian’s belt.
[break][break]
The crate can definitely wait.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 15:40:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
the crate goes untouched for who knows how long, he doesn't bother keeping track of the time, not when he's having this much fun. when it ends, he pulls away a little, breathless as he reaches up to kiss mars on his forehead.

"i think we're getting better at compromising here."

like how they both compromised on delivering the crate on time. but then again, he's pretty sure they were late anyway, so it would've been pointless to rush.

he much prefers this.

"did you have fun?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 16:27:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars is supposed to be taking it easy. Relaxing, resting, and avoiding strenuous physical activity.
[break][break]
If the thought of this crosses his mind, it’s only passingly, never being one to follow doctor’s orders (or anyone’s orders, as all this had made very clear).
[break][break][break]
He’ll compromise, but as it turns out, probably for no one other than Cian.
[break][break]
”What can I say… I’m a fast learner.”
[break][break]
He chuckles and he winks, but honestly, by the time the crate is delivered he does find himself exhausted. High pain tolerance or not, despite being named after a god, Mars is only human, and even someone like him can easily succumb to the struggles of a slow recovery. Still, he hides this, because he’s as stubborn as one can be and because he doesn’t want to ruin the moment for either of them by talking about it. Weakness? Him? Never.
[break][break]
”I always have fun when I’m with you.” A grin, because this much is true. ”Did you?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 16:54:05 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
oh right. mars is supposed to be taking it easy, isn't he? oh well. he can start taking it easy after this.

when mars asks him the same question, he takes a moment to think, humming in thought.

"hmmmm it was alright, i guess."

he teases, chuckling before poking mars' cheek.

"of course i did. i always do."

his gaze drifts down for a moment toward where he knows mars was hit by the STONE EDGE.

"does it still hurt?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 17:25:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

If Mars were an insecure person, perhaps Cian’s teasing would have ill effects. Instead, it results to be all too easy to read through, an eyebrow being raised when his cheek is poked.
[break][break]
”Good.”
[break][break][break][break]
And he chuckles too, his gaze then following Cian’s to his side when the question is asked.
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
Before saying anything, he reaches for Cian’s hand, giving a gentle squeeze and looking at him in the eyes.
[break][break]
”I’ll be fine.”
[break][break]
While true, this is not an answer to his question, and Mars knows as much. Pain has always been a weakness in his eyes, and admitting to it is not something that comes naturally. Still, he easily realizes that the question is one that comes merely out of concern, and that this is probably another one of those situations where he should compromise.
[break][break]
So, he shrugs. “It still hurts a little, yeah, but the painkillers help.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 19:23:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
i'll be fine.

it's not the answer he's looking for because it's not one that addresses his question nor his concern. he almost sighs at it, but somehow manages to keep it in as he simply flicks his eyes back up to meet mars' gaze.

"you need to take it easy, mars."

otherwise, it'll be forever until he recovers.

"scale of one to ten, how bad does it hurt now?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:22:29 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’You need to take it easy, Mars.’
[break][break]
If only it were that simple. Mars has never been good with having things holding him back, and it’s difficult to even remember that there’s certain things he can’t do as he normally would because of his injury. Hell, he barely ‘takes it easy’ even when he does remember.
[break][break]
It’s annoying to be asked about it, but he knows that if the situation were reversed, he’d want Cian to listen and give him a proper answer.
[break][break]
Mars sighs, looking at him.
[break][break]
”One, sometimes a two, more depending on what I do.”
[break][break]
It’s the truth, although someone else would have probably said a higher number.
[break][break]
Playfully so, he smirks, not wanting this to ruin their evening:
[break][break]
”If I take it easy, will you nurse me back to health?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:13:31 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
low numbers, but cian doesn't bother questioning further, also wanting not to ruin their evenint. so, with a smirk, he rolls his eyes and nods.

"i'll even cook you dinner."

now all that's left to do is to deliver the crate, which he's been dreading, honestly, because hauling a crate around isn't his ideal way of spending the rest of his evening.

but a job is a job, and they must see this one through.

"now let's go deliver this shit."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:37:26 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Damn, really? Guess now I really do have to take it easy.”
[break][break]
He grins, because it’s too good of an offer to pass up. He may have a private chef who always prepares delightful meals for him, he may spend a substantial amount of his time at expensive restaurants, but none of that is quite like when Cian cooks dinner for him. Just like during his birthday. Hopefully, this time they won’t get sidetracked and end up with their food getting burnt…
[break][break]
Although, getting sidetracked seems to have become quite the prevalent thing for them.
[break][break]
Just like with delivering this crate.
[break][break]
”Look at you being diligent.” A smirk, because he too has been dreading this. ”At least it shouldn’t take too long… Hopefully.
[break][break]
They better not make them stick around for some bullshit mission debrief or whatever.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
nobody
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:54:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
it's not so much diligence but just the simply fact that he wants to get this over with so they can move on with their day. the crate's a distraction that stops him from fully enjoying things because he knows what'll happen should something go wrong.

it won't; not when mars is on top of things.

"i'm sure it won't."

he says it with all the confidence in the world. turning to look at mars, he asks:

"ready?"