awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 2:16:50 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"no contract." sam didn't realize that wa a mistake when dealing with knox, oh well.

"i have a horrible habit of ignoring anything that doesn't directly affect me...which is why you're quite the enigma."

sam twisted his head as he looked at knox. a small smile forming. his brain turning through notions of what it meant to be intoxicated, to be completely drawn in, distracted, hyper focused--on a person, not a task.

"i've never cared much for any person aside from my mother. there are people i suppose i would call my friends, but it doesn't feel like whatever's between us, and i want to explore that. it doesn't require a contract."

his eyes found knox', heavy with realization, and excitement.

"just time."
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:12:02 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
"the boy with the tattoos on nearly every inch of his body is a narcissist and ignores everything that doesn't affect him? mm, didn't see it coming." he jests, of course, because for anyone to sit across from knox and let him get away with slander certainly isn't narcissistic. and there's no bigger narcissist than knox himself. 

he raises a brow. a momma's boy, then? knox very much can't relate. and his first thought is that's fuckin' weird, but he lets it slide because it might not be weird. that might be what 'normal' families are like. 

sheesh.

"ah, and we'll have so much of it, until we don't," he says. he picks up his glass and waits to clink against sam's. "to time, and to doing as fucking much as we can with what we're given."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:20:14 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
knox sounds like a man walking to the gallows. somehow, sam finds it attractive, and it causes his brain to stutter. he nearly drops his glass, but firmly grips it with his fingertips as he realizes what's happening.

he's attracted to knox. he knew that, but now it's sunk in, and it's information he's never really known what to do with before. no, he's never had to deal with it before.

his sip is delayed, but he takes it and licks his lips. it's sour, the alcohol is odd, and he'd rather be drinking grape juice or straight whiskey.

"how expensive is this bottle?"
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:34:34 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
one brow goes up and he pauses on his way to his sip. for a moment there, it looks like the beautiful white tablecloth is about to get soaked in red wine, but sam recovers, thankfully, and the ritual of the toast is finished. it's plain on sam's face that he has no taste for it. knox doesn't drink very much wine either, but he's always fancied how he feels when getting wine-drunk. it's so much easier than liquor. 

knox shrugs his shoulders. "hell if i know. i nicked one of the company cards when i saw my sister dear the other day, thought i might as well have fun with it before she realizes what's happened." his lips quirk.

"i told you i wanted to take you to dinner. so i'll worry about the price tag and you worry about letting me wine you and dine you." and sixty-nine you. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:42:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"if you insist...you seem relaxed."

confident, but sam didn't voice that. he'd learned if he said things like, 'you look <adjective>' people got offended and asked if they looked the opposite before. well, clearly, because he wouldn't have pointed it out otherwise.

he opted for relaxed because being 'tense' was far more tolerable socially than lacking confidence.

truth be told, he liked seeing knox like this. he liked confident knox, and he wondered how he could see more of it, more frequently, and suddenly he was frustrated his schedule was so busy.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:51:21 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
"i'm on a date with someone who, for once, has me beat with sticking out like a sore thumb. of course i'm relaxed," he says. "i thrive with an audience and that's just what you get me." and with that, he tilts his head to the couple who'd been casting furtive glances at them this entire time. 

he can't blame them. of course boring, lesser peoples would be intrigued by the no-fucks-given attitude and demeanor of the boys at this restaurant.

sam's brow crumples, only slightly, and it's a look knox hasn't seen enough to know its exact nuances, but he looks a bit...displeased. he puts two and two together (or so he thinks) and comments, "you look like someone just pinched you. if you don't like the wine, you don't have to drink it. i won't be offended."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 11:52:25 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"no, i don't, actually. it took me a few sips, but i do not like it."

he's rather robotic about the fact, setting it down away from himself and picking up the water instead. he takes a drink, swishes, swallows. much better.

"but i was just thinking about my schedule, and how packed it is with various things. i'll have to stop taking side-jobs from the league to make time for you."

looking to knox, he smiles.

"they're not necessary, so i don't mind dropping them. i've been noticed enough for now, i think. many know me as mt. pyre's sexton, by name as well."

yes, he only took jobs and did the region's festivals to notably spread the information that he was the new caretaker of mt. pyre, it's fine.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 13:19:19 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
well, here's to hoping his choice of food had hit the mark. the soup comes to the table and knox thanks marcy for having the kitchen split it for them. he looks over his steaming bowl (gods, it smells so good) at sam and appreciates his thoughts. he doesn't want to burst his bubble, but unfortunately knox does rely on his supply of jobs for his income now. 

he shifts in his seat. "don't do anything rash now. i'm a busy bee myself. i actually wanted to see you tonight 'cause i don't think i'll have time til' the party." he smiles apologetically. 

he almost snorts soup all over himself. "mt. pyre's what now?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 13:42:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"sexton." he repeats the word, and then brings along the definition thanks to that eidetic memory of his. "noun. a person who looks after a church and churchyard, sometimes acting as bell-ringer and formerly as a gravedigger."

the soup looks good and he's much more reciprocative of it. he appreciates the taste, the smell, and shows as much with a content swallow of a spoonful.

"more accurately i'm the caretaker, the cryptkeeper, gravedigger, and so on. but sexton came with the previous owner and it's something i've defaulted to because it's shorter."

then he smiles at knox.

"ironically, i'm always explaining it to others, so perhaps it's not shorter, in the long run."

ah, what a fun play on words. he's smiling because of it, and because the soup and company are a nice combination.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 13:54:34 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
his face changes, almost like he's reading something in front of him, and it's so fascinating knox actually shuts his trap instead of poking fun at him. so he really didn't copy and paste that definition when we were texting. he'd been impressed for a short time with sam's tech-savviness in that instance, but this makes a whole lot more sense. somehow. 

"gravedigger or head of a freaky harem; it's hot either way." he smiles, not because of his own words, but because sam is enjoying the food. 

he finally takes his own real sip and melts, just a little. it's one of his favorite dishes, and partly why he'd chosen the restaurant in the first place. "is your mom still in kanto then?" he asks. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:05:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the head of a freaky harem bit got him, made him chuckle into his soup and smile wide to contain his amusement. he's never one to turn down a dark joke, including the idea that sam's practicing necrophilia on the side.

he is not, he so is not; the bodies are too cold. n-not that that's the only reason, obviously.

the question about his mom brings him from the humor and sobers him a bit. talking about her wasn't a sore subject, it was light and had him relaxing a bit.

"she refuses to leave the pokémon tower in anybody else's hands. my original goal was to train up a successor here by the time i'm thirty, then head back to kanto, and take over the tower so she can retire."

given that she'd only be forty-eight by the time she retired, she could live out some of those dreams she had back when she was young, before life gave her him and put a pause on her dreams.

"i'm not sure that goal has changed, just yet. but no successor is really showing themselves. a lot of people interested in ghosts, but none interested on a life in solitude atop a mountain."

which by his tone sounds bizarre cause to him it is. the mountain is just so peaceful!
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:24:37 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he's never much worried about the future. but he's starting to realize that it's harder to live every day like it's your last, especially when you're wracking your brain, thinking when can i see you next? because it's about scheduling and planning and creating a future. 

and he's thinking about this as sam is telling him his own future, like some backwards oracle. and knox is finding it in him to think well, that's not ideal, because he prefers the future murky, prefers it able to change and shape and be shaped by the present. 

"mm, well not everyone's dying to stay on the mountain like you." a cheap shot? probably. but he wants to hear more of sam's laugh. 

he shrugs. "can't say i'm upset no one's piqued your interest. i'm very selfish. and i don't like sharing. where would i find myself if you had another one of you taking up more of your time?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 20:55:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
and more of sam's laugh is exactly what that warrants. he has the humor of a dad and a mortician, which he is one of those things (the mortician obvs), so he smirks and looks to knox, shaking his head. because no, not everybody is dying to be on a mass grave of a mountain like him.

"i've had suitors approach me i just... don't take well to them, or they don't mesh well with me."

most of them told him he was robotic and slapped him. he'd accepted this about himself and simply moved past it. decided he was meant to live alone. engrossed himself in stories of romance and grand gestures from novels and games instead when he had the itch for it.

"so either you're in luck, or this was fated all along." at 'this' he gestures with his index finger between the both of them.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 21:04:00 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he doesn't know whether sam's successor was meant to be his lover, or if the boy's mind just happens to be on their date now. "sounds like a them problem," knox says with a shrug. "because i think you're fantastic." people always have more to them than meets the eye. sure, on the surface sam is blunt, but that doesn't make him an asshole, or rude, or stupid. it makes him genuine

he takes a couple more sips of the soup, larger now that it's cooled significantly. "so you're saying i shouldn't act on impulse and try to ward away any potential successors just so i can keep you all to myself."

he rests his spoon against the bowl. it doesn't take much to fill his stomach and he wants to save what little room he has for more of their dinner. "do you believe in fate? starcrossed lovers and all that romantic shit?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
dinner [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 21:13:54 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"if you think i'm fantastic then you're a man of rare taste." because that's what he's learned. he's not 'normal' by any means and he's quite a different individual. not many seek after what he offers.

he offers them forever and nothing less, it's intimidating to a lot of people. but, ironically, he's very pick about who he gives his forever to. and knox had him at philosophy and poetry on a starry, foggy night.

"fate...perhaps. star crossed lovers? undoubtedly. i'm not sure it's romantic but... i've met people who swear it's like they've lived an entire lifetime with somebody after having only met them just once. i find it hard to apply it to my own life, but perhaps i simply haven't found the person yet. or maybe i haven't started my star crossed journey yet."