skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 14:58:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]

It had all started during a childhood spent running around with sand between her toes, whenever she'd challenged others to the sandy bottom of the shallows with nothing but a lungful of air and foolish bravado, stubbornly forcing herself to hold her breath until she was the last one to reach the surface.

Until the recent Sootopolis mess, holding her breath had been one of her most prized skills. 

Lying at the bottom of one of Lavaridge's famous hot springs now, Skyler wonders if inhaling the heated water would be bad for one's health - drowning aside. In the end she doesn't bother thinking too much about it, fighting against instinct to fill her lungs with the warm liquid. A quick struggle - and then it's easy, too easy.

At the edge of the pool, poorly concealed between a couple of white towels - and breaking at least a dozen or so rules - is a bottle. Tequila, presumably. And expensive one at that.

The captain was clearly expecting no company this late in the evening.

Should anyone enter, they'd see no signs of life except for the haphazardly thrown items, bathed in moonlight. 

sky7qgX7
/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 1:07:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It makes for an interesting scene.
[break][break]
See, his decision to return to the hot springs this late in the evening had been one done out of simple boredom and not in search of company, because what else is there to do at the Lavaridge but spend time at the spa or the pools themselves? Forget about booking a massage this late in the day, and being alone in a sauna while most of the spa’s staff isn’t around sounded like a recipe for disaster.
[break][break]
So, hot springs.
[break][break]
Those hot springs where he hadn’t expected to find anyone else when it’s this late.
[break][break]
And yet, also those hot springs where something is clearly amiss from the moment he enters…
[break][break]
Everything is exactly as it’s supposed to be, except that here and there there are the obvious signs of someone’s presence: haphazardly thrown items, towels that aren’t really folded up to a pristine spa standard, a poorly-concealed bottle of liquor, and much else. All while the surface of the spring is still, moonlight shimmering upon it. Interesting.
[break][break]
”...Hello?”
[break][break]
Naturally, there is no answer, and Mars pauses, wondering if whoever was here simply left in a rush for reasons that are beyond him.
[break][break]
This wondering stops when he steps closer to the steaming spring, of course, but while perhaps someone else would have followed their first instinct and jumped in to try to save the woman upon seeing her lying in the water’s depths, Mars does no more than raise an eyebrow as he watches her. She looks perfectly comfortable, so for now, he simply sits at the edge of pool, dipping his feet in the water.
[break][break]
Maybe just interesting doesn’t cut it.
[break][break]
Strange? Crazy?
[break][break]
Unexpected.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Hope this is okay hehe <3
[break][break]
FW4qgp4R
[break][break]
931/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 21:16:31 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

After a minute or so Captain Dross quickly surmises that she's bored out her mind.

That's the first reason that causes her to resurface. The second being, of course, the toes that dip briefly into the pool. A jolt of alarm spreads through the captain at the sight, dread sinking heavy into her stomach.

How long had that person been in there?

Skyler breaks through the surface in a series of harsh coughs that serve to expel the water which had previously been in her lungs. The first lungful of air that sweeps past her tongue tastes rancid and like-

"Shit, my breath tastes like fucking rotten eggs." 

Momentarily ignoring the man sitting close-by, Skyler reaches for the poorly concealed bottle - quickly taking it to her lips and drinking generously.

Unfortunately, even tequila doesn't really seem to improve the stench that infuses her nostrils.

Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, only then do quicksilver eyes focus on , razor-sharp beneath a surface cheer. 

"Skyler Dross, ship captain and treasure hunter." A scarred hand is reached towards the man, wholly at ease even in her current state of undress. "Didn't really expect anyone else to come here."

No shit.

99UF7Y|5
912/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 3:47:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Shit, my breath tastes like fucking rotten eggs.’
[break][break]
Ah, so restrained, so regal, so refined.
[break][break]
Judging by first impressions alone – which most of the time can mean the most, especially with those like Mars who are unwilling to give more than one shot – she seems like a fun one. Shame about the whole rotten egg thing, though.
[break][break]
The particular and unmistakable scent of the hot springs can be bad enough at times, and he’s sure the flavour is equally as bad – if not worse, judging by her response. Drinking is probably the right call.
[break][break]
When she offers her hand, he takes it for the sake of a handshake; one firm and short and that comes in the company of one of those charming and confident smiles that could almost be called Mars’ own patented brand. He easily lets go a mere second after that. ”Ship captain, huh? Always nice to meet someone who shares a love for the seas. Martín del Mar, a pleasure. Feel free to just call me Mars.”
[break][break]
‘Love for the seas’ would probably be an understatement when it comes to Skyler, but Mars doesn’t know that, does he?
[break][break]
”That makes sense, it’s kind of late. You actually caught me by surprise, I didn’t think there was anyone here at first... You’re pretty good at the whole ‘holding your breath underwater’ thing, huh? Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do so at a hot spring before.”
[break][break]
‘Pretty good’ is also an understatement, but given the circumstances of their encounter, that one is much more obvious to him.
[break][break]
Still, Mars is always careful with his words, and he maintains his smile; comfortable despite this strange situation.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
xqx1_Mk7
[break][break]
859/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 19:11:32 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It's unclear whether the flush that kisses her sun-kissed cheeks pink is due to the alcohol in her system or the warmth she'd been submerged under, or perhaps a mix of the two. If the casual posture or the lopsided grin which curls her lips into something mischievous are any indication, embarrassment has nothing to do with it.

"You don't strike me as a sailor or a fisherman." She knew enough of seafarers to take a look at the polished poise and - a little bit more obvious - clean nails and quickly discard that option. There was something nearly sleek about the way he presented himself, drawing confidence and cheer effortlessly around his form. "... But I could be wrong. I've certainly seen stranger things in Hoenn."

Her words are punctuated by another swig of tequila, its burn bringing a soft, pleased sigh to her lips. Introductions over with, Skyler slides back into the thermal waters. Small slivers of mercury peer at Mars, bright with naked curiosity.

"I spend most of my time underwater, it's kind of a vital skill to master in my profession. Unless you want to, y'know, die." The scars that snake up her body seem to attest to this. "Don't do it in a hot spring though." The distaste that momentarily steals over her expression speaks louder than words. 

"Want some?" Glass catches a moonbeam as Skyler waves it in invitation. "It's good tequila." The faintest hints of a provocation lace her words, dangled over the moonlit pool with no regard for the strange situation.

aEkrAVvg
885/1000

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 0:53:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’You don't strike me as a sailor or a fisherman.’
[break][break]
You.
[break][break]
The word hadn’t been spoken by her until now, but when it is, he pauses, just like he always seems to do when hearing it as of late. You. What an amazing word. Has there ever been any better?
[break][break]
Oh. What was she saying?
[break][break]
”Are sailors and fishermen the only people who can appreciate the sea? It sounds like a good life to live, though.”
[break][break]
It’s with ease that he carries on with the conversation, for maybe, at most points of his life, Mars would have been happier if he had gotten to live a sailor’s life. All of his best memories are by sea, he loves marine pokémon, and it’s where he usually wishes to be. But, alas, he’s Martín del Mar, and things like sailing and diving are meant to be left as no more than hobbies for him.
[break][break]
Especially now, for even when thinking of the sea, the thought of the word lingers above it.
[break][break]
’Unless you want to, y'know, die.’
[break][break]
There it is again. You.
[break][break]
Does he want to die?
[break][break]
That’s not even what Skyler is saying, is it?
[break][break]
Despite how distracted the word makes him, he chuckles at the distaste shown in her expression. ”Damn, does the water really taste that bad? And, at the offer, he looks at her, the smile that had been tugging at his lips shifting into a slight smirk as he reaches for the offered bottle.
[break][break]
”Tequila sounds great right about now, thanks.”
[break][break]
Maybe a drink will clear his mind.
[break][break]
And so, he sips, only a slight and momentary grimace marking his expression at the sheer strength of the drink.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
VPg7odUu
[break][break]
772/1000

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 12:12:20 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Mars' inattention doesn't go unnoticed, but Skyler also chooses not to remark upon it. Whatever concerns and thoughts haunt the man's expressions are not her business and she'd rather not burden herself with them. Curiosity still lines the the razor-sharp edge of quicksilver eyes, dulled only by the tequila swimming in her veins, but she makes no concerted effort to feed it. Not yet, anyway.

"Does it? I haven't found a great many people willing to make the ocean their life. Only their vacation." The teeming crowds that visit Lilycove every summer should be proof enough of her statement, moving nearly in tandem to populate white-sand beaches and bask in the tropical Hoennian sunlight. "But tell you what," Skyler leans in Mars' direction with a dare dangling from her lips, "if you ever wanna spend a day in a sailor's shoes you're more than welcome to find me in the Lilycove docks. Just ask around for the Sotally Tober." A flash of teeth punctuates her sentence, though she's completely serious about the offer.

"Tastes like a Mudbray's ass. Feel free to taste it yourself if you don't believe me." Leaning back against the pool's edge, Skyler tilts her head back to peer at Mars as he takes a small swig of tequila.

A burst of uninhibited, joyous laughter escapes her lips at the grimace that momentarily takes over his expression. "Careful, rich boy. Don't drink it all yourself. I'll have to carry you out myself at this rate." And wouldn't that be a sight. The jest leaves lips curled in mischief, good humor spilling through.

"What're you doing out here this late anyway? Besides scaring ship captains?"

OTqDIqR9
799/1000

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 7:35:22 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

“Maybe some people don’t have much of a choice… While others can love things without completely devoting themselves to them. But, I agree: not many would be willing to choose life at sea.”
[break][break]
Would he? Perhaps, if his circumstances were different. If he didn’t have so many things to do, if he didn’t have his goals and ambitions, and if he didn’t have someone he cherishes here in Hoenn. Life at sea would be peaceful. It would be nice. It would be safe. But, it would also lack things Mars simply cannot give up – things he’ll fight for until his last day, as is only fitting of the strife that comes with his name.
[break][break]
”I think a lot of people can appreciate it even if they’re not willing to make the change, you know? It’s like… Have you heard of the Winnowing Oar? Take an oar and walk inland until someone mistakes it for a winnowing fan, there you will find a place that knows nothing of the sea. While he may smile, there’s also a shrug, for the story is not really applicable to the world they live in anymore – even if the truths it holds are still unquestionable. The sea will always be of importance, even to people who want nothing to do with it at all.
[break][break]
This is perhaps why he laughs at her offer despite how distracting that word always is, his smile as sharp as hers when meeting the challenge. ”I might just take you up one day. Although, fair warning, I’m not great at taking orders, captain.
[break][break]
He really isn’t, but the first part of his response is honest too: maybe one day he will visit Lilycove’s docks and check out this ship must be so proud of.
[break][break]
It sounds like a fun idea.
[break][break]
And, it’s this thought that lingers for a moment as they talk about the hot spring’s water, even if no matter how much he tries to focus on the conversation, that word rings every time it's spoken. At least the drink helps, although it comes closely followed by the captain’s laughing mockery.
[break][break]
”Oh, come on, do I really look like a rich boy?”
[break][break]
Mars laughs too, because yes, he does look like a rich boy and he’s aware of it too – that particular brand of ‘wealthy and privileged businessman’ being almost something he exudes.
[break][break]
The conversation is fun and it is distracting, and he’s thankful to Skyler for it. So, it’s with no hesitation that he properly steps into that steaming water that somehow feels even warmer than what it did a moment ago, his answer being spoken with honesty:
[break][break]
”Sometimes it’s hard to enjoy the hot springs when there’s so many people around – present company excluded. Makes it difficult to just sit and think, you know? You had the right idea with bringing a drink, wish I had thought of that.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[break]TURN UP THE HEAT 🔥
[break]
g9q6NQU|
[break][break]
674/1000

·
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 20:04:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Sounds a terrible place to live if you ask me," Skyler remarks in response to the story that spills from Mars' lips, casually disregarding what lessons it might've taught. Either that, or they go completely over her head. 

As in most things, Skyler takes Mars' warning as a challenge. Her cheeks fold into a sharp smile; troublesome, effortless provocation reflected in an insolent tilt of her chin. "You'll find that I suffer no fools in my ship, Mr. del Mar." Slivers of mercury peer at him from under dark lashes. "... I'm afraid it'll have to be the plank for you."

Whether she's joking or actually dead serious remains a mystery hidden behind the tequila bottle that she takes to her lips. Welcoming the burn thats slithers down her throat with a sigh of pleasure.

"I usually don't bring a drink with me to think - kinda hard to do both, though you're more than welcome to try." A dare lingers, silent, beneath her voice. "And let me watch." The bottle is nudged again in Mars' direction, modesty having died a swift death in Skyler's presence. "And yeah, you do look like a rich boy." Eyes narrow, shamelessly looking him over. "I think it's the hair." 

It wasn't, not really. She doesn't even bother to mask the lie as anything other than what it is, inviting trouble on moonbright eyes.

9RZPZvpY
689/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pyr thalássion [sauna]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 4:02:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]SAUNA INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: