out of the blue (dream)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 8:52:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Really? Guess it’s not your sort of thing, huh? Are you sure you’re going to enjoy the soirée?”
[break][break]
Not like they can really back down now.
[break][break]
It had sounded nice when she had first heard of it, especially because even though a lot of her time is spent near the space centre, she has never really gotten a chance to visit the observatory.
[break][break]
Maybe, it also has to do with the fact that a part of her misses going to parties like the one they’ll be attending tonight, even if Sol would probably never recognize as much.
[break][break]
Why invite Uri though? Why is he the first person she thought of when deciding to attend?
[break][break]
”You’re welcome, though it’s not really a big deal…”
[break][break]
His hand moves down and she doesn't recoil, allowing it to hold hers.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 9:12:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"oh. is that how you say it? i always thought it was soy-ree."

this is probably a thought he should've kept to himself. he realizes a little too late so all he can do now is scramble to recover.

"forget i said that."

her hand in his makes him feel warm, and it only amplifies when he starts drawing circles with his thumb.

the observatory comes into sight but they still have a few more moments to themselves in the peace and quiet of this particular walkway.

he turns then, curious.

"why did you ask me, by the way? don't get me wrong, i'm thrilled that you did, but i was just curious."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 9:48:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Soy-ree.
[break][break]
Sol echoes his words, and for once, instead of her usual dry and emotionless tone, she sounds incredulous.
[break][break]
”Uri…”
[break][break]
A chuckle, not even bothering with telling him just how wrong he is or mocking him beyond this. Although, she does smirk.
[break][break]
”No way I’m forgetting.”
[break][break]
Of course she isn’t. In the future, she’ll probably find a way to hold it against him.
[break][break]
‘Why did you ask me, by the way?’
[break][break]
Instead of coming up with an excuse, Sol looks ahead, shrugging at the question.
[break][break]
”I just wanted to come but didn’t want to show up alone, so I thought of you.” It’s not the entire truth, is it? Sol has never minded being alone, after all.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 11:42:12 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"what? it ain't my fault they spell it like that."

no, but it is his fault for not bothering to look up the correct pronunciation. he laughs it off regardless, finding it more funny than anything.

her answer, though it might not be the entire truth, tells him enough. so he doesn't push any further than that, perhaps finally learning not to.

"well, i'm glad you did."

he smiles at her right as they come up to a flight of stairs.

"i think we're here."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 13:35:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’What? It ain't my fault they spell it like that.’
[break][break]
Oh, Uri...
[break][break]
Even if lightly so, she can’t help but laugh for a moment there, shaking her head.
[break][break]
”It’s Kalosian, pretty sure it just means evening or something like that.”
[break][break]
Sol has never cared much for languages, but even she knows this much. Of course Uri wouldn’t though, of course he’d just confidently mispronounce a word.
[break][break]
”Hm… Don’t say that just yet, you may regret those words later.”
[break][break]
These words come with a teasing smirk, Sol then turning away from him as she begins to make her way up the stairs.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:42:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"so they named the event star evening?"

seems kinda lame if you ask him but who is he to be giving criticism when he can't even say the word correctly. soy-ree.

you may regret those words later.

"i won't."

returning the smirk, he watches her make her way up the stairs before following as well, soon catching up to her right as they approach the entrance to the observatory.

the grand ballroom looks luxurious and, well, grand.

leaning close, he whispers:

"it's crowded. you going to be okay?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:52:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”It sounds much fancier when you don’t know what it means, huh? Unless you go around calling it a star soy-ree, that is.”
[break][break]
Naturally, she also smirks when saying this.
[break][break]
There are multiple reasons why Uri could end up not enjoying himself at the soirée or even hating it, Sol knows as much, but even though in her head she does list a few of them, she doesn’t voice a single one. Uri’s optimistic, so she’ll let him be just that, perhaps not just for his sake but also hers.
[break][break]
He’s right, it’s crowded, but she doesn’t mind. Her gaze wanders over the ballroom, only to then fall back on Uriah.
[break][break]
”That I don’t like crowds doesn’t mean I can’t survive in them, Uri. Have some faith.” An eyebrow is raised. ”Wanna get drinks though? I doubt they have cheap beer, so we might have to settle for fancy champagne.
[break][break]
Oh, the horror.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 15:09:33 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"have some faith. okay, i can do that."

uri is an optimist, after all, so this should be no problem.

"no cheap beer? why are we even here, sol?"

he chuckles, turning away and into the ballroom if only to quickly scan for drinks. he sees a few waiters with trays walking around, and so he tugs her along toward one, intercepting their path before picking up two glasses of champagne.

lifting it to his nose, he sniffs.

"ah, i believe this is a moat and chandler."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 15:41:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”True, we should have thought of bringing some with us.”
[break][break]
Not like Sol would have actually agreed to it even if they had considered it. She has always been a stickler for rules, even if those rules are social conventions that sometimes confuse her and boring party etiquette.
[break][break][break]
She watches him reach for two glasses, and why her expression is as lacking in intense emotion as usual, there is slight disbelief in her voice as she echoes his word:
[break][break]
”You believe this is a moat and chandler? Damn, who are you and what did you do with Uri?”
[break][break]
She's teasing, but really, what the fuck?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 17:04:50 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
could they actually have brought some with them? the thought occurs to him a little too late because he would've definitely snuck some in. in fact, he's pretty sure out of everyone here, at least a few people must've shared the same thought.

maybe he could find them...

later, perhaps.

"yeah i can kinda tell because it has a bright fruitiness to it which is what they're known for, but it also could be view click demi-sex."

it's actually called moët & chandon nectar impérial rosé and veuve clicquot demi-sec, but it's not like he knows any better. it's just what he remembers them as.

"i used to attend a lot of fundraisers with my dad. spent most of it talking with the bartender, really."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 18:39:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Demi-sex.
[break][break]
As it seems to always happen in this sort of situation, Sol stares at him when echoing his words.
[break][break]
And she stares.
[break][break]
And she continues to stare.
[break][break]
”Demi-sec.”
[break][break]
And then, with this, the slightest smile tugs at her lips.
[break][break]
”Fundraisers, huh? Sounds pretty boring. I used to go to stuff like that with my mum sometimes… a while back. Nice try with the champagne though.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 19:02:12 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"yeah, demi-sex."

he said what he said until he wishes he could go back and unsay it.

"shit. really? demi-sec?"

fuck.

if he could slap himself right now, he would, but instead, he chooses to sip at the champagne, enjoying the fruity aftertaste that lingers in his mouth.

"yeah? why'd you stop?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 1:19:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Guess all that chatting with bartenders didn’t really pay off.”
[break][break]
Poor Uri, it really isn’t that much of a big deal that he mispronounces a few silly words that come from a different language. Not even Sol herself cares that much (hell, she didn’t even notice he slipped with a couple before), but honestly, she does find it too funny to not to comment on it.
[break][break]
It even earns him one of those ever elusive Sol laughs that most people have never even heard before, short as the sound may last.
[break][break]
A worthy reward for anyone who cares about that stuff.
[break][break]
And yet, what follows this is a stare and a sip taken from her champagne glass. A long sip, because it’s what she needs in order to give him an answer.
[break][break]
When she does, her tone is calm, dry, and colder than usual.
[break][break]
”...Because I don’t talk to her anymore.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 7:48:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
demi-sex, demi-sec, same thing, really.

but the conversation moves along so he doesn't dwell on it, perhaps not wanting to dig himself a deeper hole.

because i don't talk to her anymore.

it's colder than usual but the chill floats right past him. he nods, grateful that she shared something that's probably quite intimate.

so he leaves it at that, and after another sip, he turns to look at her.

"wanna dance?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 8:27:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It is intimate, but it’s doubtful Sol will ever tell him how much.
[break][break]
Her relationship with her family is not something about which she often speaks, and there’s only a handful of people who know the truth about it. About Magnus’ death. About her mother leaving them when they needed her.
[break][break]
These are not thoughts Sol wants to have, and with another sip from her glass, she finds herself glad for the next thing Uri asks.
[break][break]
’Wanna dance?’
[break][break]
Still, gladness doesn’t mean she’ll give him an answer he likes.
[break][break]
”Uri… I don’t dance.”

[BREAK][BREAK]